• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What pokemon from X & Y are you most excited for?

I know that personally, I'm excited for Pancham. Pancham's description of how it tries to intimidate its enemies rather reminds me of what I do when people bother me... I simply give them the "Death Glare". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Plus, it's a derpy little mischievous panda, what's not to love about that?

As for starters, I think Chespin is the cutest from Gen. VI. It's not only cute, but the fact that it's optimistic no matter what happens really speaks to me. Haven't we all wondered how pokemon have the will to keep fighting? This guy kinda serves as an answer to that question. And how can anyone not love an adorable little derp in a chestnut shell hat?!?!

Flabebe, or just Fairy types in general. I can't wait to see more, and find out what it's like to train them. Fairy types are such a cute idea and they could really go a lot of different directions with it so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Talonflame is easily the Pokemon I'm looking forward to the most. To be fair I'm liking the overall design of all the new Pokemon revealed so far, even the ones I'm not personally as keen on. Honedge, Noivern and Flabébé are of note to me, and I'm pretty interested to see if/what Helioptile evolves into.

Okay so now that we've just seen a few more Fairy types I just wanna say I'm still looking forward to all of them. With the exception of Sylveon which I'm not the biggest fan of I basically love all the Fairy types introduced so far. But specifically I'm really looking forward to Peropuff right now. I just want to know everything about it it's so cuteee

From the currently known Pokémon from X & Y? Pikachu. ~:p~
(Well, apparently it's in X & Y, so...)

From the Pokémon introduced in Generation VI, it'd have to be Chespin and Honedge. Chespin looks cute, and Honedge is a sword. That's why. (I really need better reasons, don't I... :) )

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well, let's start with the ones I really really like:

Gogoat: Let's start with this: I love Grass-types and I am quite fond of caprines. Took them far too long to generate a goot and I rather like this one's design - minus a few subtle elements such as the weird bear nose and the rather illogical horns (although those were clearly needed for the Card Games on Goatorcycles effect). Transform and bleat out!

Clauncher: I'm sorry, but pistol shrimps are more awesome than your face. It had better get an awesome evolution.

Honedge: This gen's Artifact Creature, and a -really awesome- one at that. Even if it totally is a Soul Edge expy, its typing and ability make it appear to be pretty damn incredible, and if it has the stats to match? Yeah, totally having one.

Noivern: I've been in love with this thing from the moment I saw it. It's a fricking Fruitbat Wyvern. What's not to love? (Other than its rather generic Dragon/Flying typing, alas).

Things I'm interested in but not as much:

Talonflame: There's a lot of potential to this critter - I like its general design and love the fire/arrow/peregrine falcon/speed theme (and the fact that its pre-evo is a robin. MOAR LIKE ROBIN HOOD AMIRITE) and if it has the physical attack stat to go with the speed they keep promising us, Talonflame may be fricking awesome.

... But seriously why did they have to give it those red blotches on grey. It looks like it has a skin condition and really needs to do something about it. It's better in the art, but ingame the poor thing just looks DISEASED.

Certainly sounds Diseased. With a name like Talonflame it clearly suffers from a bad case of N00bfanmaditis.

Maika and Calamanero: I am so, so torn about these guys. On one hand they're fricking squids (took them SIX GENERATIONS TO GIVE US A FRICKING SQUID! ><), they have an awesome as hell type combination and the idea behind them is nifty as hell. On the other hand, their designs leave MUCH to be desired. Does any of these fucks at Game Freak know HOW THE HELL CEPHALOPODS WORK? Clearly not. I mean, at least they had the sense to give them a beak. But they put it in the way wrong freaking location. Tl;dr, their awesomeness as squid thingies is damaged by their sheer nonsensicality. Ah well.

Goronda: Oh hey, we finally got an actual badass mfking bear. Shame about the pre-evo though. I can't stand Pancham and its little asshole face. <<

Xerneas and Yveltal: I want to hear more about their myth and story, what with the Life and Death theme they seem to have going on. I'm fond of both Knifeleg Crystalneuronantler Deer and Flying Bacon of Doom relatively equally. The reason they're only listed in my 'sort of interested but not quite' angle, though, is the fact I never use Legendaries.

Things I have POTENTIAL interest in, but still waiting for evolutions to confirm.

All Three Starters: Frankly I find all the starters a little lacklustre this time around. When We'll see what they evolve into, I might develop an opinion.

Litleo: Okay, Litleo itself is fucking derp. But what catches my vague interest in it is its tail - specifically, its shape. It reminds me somewhat of a scorpion tail and this suggests that this thing might evolve into some kind of a flaming manticore of badass. Now THAT I would be very much interested in. Unfortunately, I doubt Gamefreak will be that creative, and we'd likely just get a generic shitty fire-mane lion of the sort every other n00b has in their region. We shall have to wait and see.

Helioptile: These things look derpy as hell and apparently you encounter them by stepping on them accidentally? (avoid stepping on small lizard). However, they ARE frillies, and they have some pretty awesome evo potential too. Hopefully into something REALLY cool.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gogoat, Honedge, and Pancham/Goronda line, for starters.

Gogoat is just kind of majestic and cute at the same time, and being able to ride one is pretty neat, too. It seems like a great fluffy companion and if I get a 3DS, I'm definitely having one on my team, at least in-game.

Honedge grew on me after some time. At first, I just thought it looked like a weird sword thing, but after seeing its typing and ability and stuff, it's actually become pretty sweet~ And my creative part is trying to think up of all kinds of cool things to do with it in RPs and fics and stuffs. You just can't really go wrong with a ghostly sword, hehe. ♥

Pancham and Goronda are freaking PANDAS. Like, does anyone have any idea how long I've wanted a panda Pokemon. Pancham is cute and mischievous-looking with the little bamboo sticking out of its mouth, and Goronda is just so awesome. I don't care if they get like, horrible stats or whatever. This baby's mine~

I guess I also like Sylveon after it grew on me a bit. Still not a big fan of fairy type personally, as I have mixed feelings about it. Either way, Sylveon's design is cute enough (if very VERY pink and frilly), and how can I say no to an Eeveelution? |D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Out of the currently revealed bunch, I'd say that these lot have my attention the most:

- Chespin: Because the more I see of it, the more adorable it is to me. Unless its final evolution completely sucks it's almost certain that Chespin will be my first Kalos starter.
- Talonflame: Nice typing and nifty design.
- Pangoro: I love everything about it, design, type, description and all.
- Litleo: Lots of potential to have a nifty evolutionary line and a rather cute critter overall. I want to cuddle it.
- Honedge: It has a nice typing and it's interesting Pokemon in general.
- Noivern: Not hugely enthused by its typing but downright love its design, especially in-game.

While I'm not itching to get my hands on them in quite the same way, I quite like both Xerneas and Yveltal as well and can't wait to learn more about their stories. I'm also quite fond of Gogoat but not as much as Chespin, and my overall appreciation for Helioptile will likely depend both on if it evolves and what it evolves into.

The rest I'm fairly neutral on at the moment. I don't necessarily dislike any of them, not even Swirlix (which is actually somewhat cute when it stands), but I'm not eager to toss them into my future teams - yet. Evolutions and stat spreads can make all the difference.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Ohh now this is a fairly interesting question~

I don't really dislike any of the revealed Pokémon so far drunk Horsea doesn't count and I'll ignore it forever.

I'd say right now the Pokémon that excite me most are something like this:

Heloptile - I wasn't all that keen on it when I first saw it, but after seeing some anime footage and getting used to the idea of it I'd say Heloptile is a firm favourite of mine now, regardless of if it evolves or not.

Pancham - It's a cute cuddly panda who evolves into an even more awesome panda, what's not to like?

Gogoat - It's a goat Pokémon who I shall have lots of fun with. ♥

Noivern - Poor thing needed a Sound type, it really did. It's also going to be very scared of my Sylveon, but regardless I really like its design. ^-^

Sylveon gets a special mention, but it's an Eeveelution, so I won't officially count it~

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
Noivern: I've been in love with this thing from the moment I saw it. It's a fricking Fruitbat Wyvern. What's not to love? (Other than its rather generic Dragon/Flying typing, alas).

Pretty much stole the words out of my mouth. Noivern is going to be so freaking cool on my team that I just don't want to wait for it! :D

Pangoro also deserves a spot on this list. He looks like your standard highschool bancho/highschool delinquent type of guy from anime or manga, and he looks amazing. Put him on a Gogoat and give him a head band and he'll be badass as hell. Well he's already pretty badass, so even more so.

Clauncher, Spritzee, and Swirlix also need to be added because I see great things for them, and although we don't have an official design yet, Orotto also pikes my interest, and during my playthrough of X, I might use him on my Froakie team.

and speaking of starters, I have to say I really look forward to what all three of them look like when they finally evolve, but I already love Chespin and Froakie so much ♥ so adorable. I REALLY want them to reveal the final evolutions thoughhhh so I can make the best choice based on my battling style, which is full throttle assault with any attack boasting high power, no matter the stat cost. I really hope that Chespin is some sort of Dark type and that Froakie will become a fighting type, but I won't be disappointed if they stay pure, SO LONG AS FENNIKEN DOESN'T PULL A TEPIG I SWEAR TO ARCEUS IF HE DOES

And Sylveon too, I really look forward to being pleasantly surprised with its power over dragons. I really hope they're available early on, and I can already guess that Amie is going to contribute somewhat to its evolution, since each new Eeveelution introduces some new evolution method to the series.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Adding Spritzee to my list because even though it's a pink, overly-cute ball of fluff it's a birdie pink, overly-cute ball of fluff and I loves it :blush:

I'm actually pretty excited about a plush hopefully coming out for it because it's be such a cute little plush to have xD Talonflame is still my favourite of the reveals so far and Fletching is so cute, I loved it's cry when you could hear it in the newly released footage: it sounded like it was a real bird singing :)

Hmm...I guess I'll start with the legendaries.

I have to say that I very much prefer Yveltal, so I'm choosing Y version first(although I wish Clauncher was in Y ;_; ), and X will be second. Sorry, but I prefer birds of doom over fairy reindeer with Christmas lights any day.

Since I'm choosing Y, though, I'll have to deal with the fact that I get Skrelp instead of Clauncher. Oh well...

Gogoat is another favorite of mine as well, with its regal appearance.

Out of the Fairy types, I'd have to say that Sylveon is my favorite. I would rather have the Eeveelution then cotton candy, a tiny bird, or a tiny creature attached to a flower. Pink and cuteness alone is not what gets a Pokemon onto my favorites list.

Noivern is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon. A sound/bat/dragon Pokemon? Awesomeness.

Fletchling/Talonflame is definitely one I'll use, but when depends on my starter.

And now, the starters. I like Chespin the most, Fennekin second, and Froakie the least. However, I also have to consider future evolutions and possible dual typing, once those are revealed, and also what other Pokemon I want on my team. I want to start with Chespin, but then what about Gogoat? That's the kind of turmoil my mind is in right now, deciding what I want, although more information would help.