• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

what pet do you own?

what pet do you own? if other write in comment what it is.

• Dog

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Cat

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Rabit

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hamster

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Snake

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • other?

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
i own no pets at the moment but i want to know what pets other people own. so why do you own the pet? any nickname/name for it? why? i used to have a hamster called nosey because he was so curious about things.

I chose "other" because I have three dogs, two cats, and a hamster.

My dogs' names are Max, Sable, and Koa. I call Max "Old Man", "Grouch", or "Crap-Geezer". I call Koa "Big Boy" and Sable "Baby-Girl".

My cats' names are Teddy and Miss Priss. I call Miss Priss "M.P." or "Priss". I call Teddy "Cutie-Cat" or just "Cat".

My hamster's name is Miles. (Based on Miles "Tails" Prower) I call him "Rat" sometimes.

Currently I don't have any pets but at one time I had a cat. I think cats are adorable. If I had to have another pet I would definitely pick another feline friend.

Right now, I own a gerbil. He's black and fuzzy and named Vincent. (My brother named him...)
I had the awesomest dog in the world, Bonzai, a black lab, but he died when I was ten. And another cool thing was that he looked kind of like Sirus Black in dog form.
I've also had another gerbil, lazily named "Gerb-Gerb" :p.​

A cat (Chuck) and two ferrets (Jackson and Carter...my dad named 'em...and we call Jackson the Trashrat and Carter the Belly-belly)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hmm...

I owned two parakeets back in the third grade... they both somehow ran off...

Then the next year, I owned a chick... yes, a chick, as in a baby chicken. Then the chick ran away (with the spoon), too. His name was "小鸡"which means literally means "little chick" when you translate it from chinese.

Then I owned a pet fish in fifth grade... it died, like, three weeks later.

And then I owned two pet ducklings, named Phoenix and Dragon (don't ask... Abd then when I let them free to the neighborhood pond, only Phoenix, Dragon, Haru, and Kagura survived.

I own a kitty! I love cats @@

Her name is misty but we just call her kitty all the time. My boyfriend's father always calls her "Fur"

kittydh6.jpg

Not her best moment but its the only pic I got on this comp :s

My family has many of pets at the house. Yet, I put dog because that is what I own. Her name is Kiki (Not sure what breed she is) and she is a little crazy. Anyways, other pets we have is two other dogs, Poodle (Jack) and a Jack Russel (Curly). We also have a cat named Lucias.

I have a Hamster named Pistachio, but we prefer to call him Dr. Hamster Veel! (yes, that is from Lilo and Stitch :p ). He has a little pink igloo inside of his cage where he stays all day long, so we assume that he plots world domination in there all the time =]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If I'd answered this about 6 years ago, I'd have about 7 pets to include, but as it stands right now we just have the one dog: Will (or William), the Flat-coated Retriever. He's going on 11/12 now (forget which it is offhand) and yet he still acts like a goofball puppy half the time. Goes with the breed, I guess. They have a reputation for being life-long puppies xp

Other than that, I partially own a cat named Rupert (he's about 2 years old now), but he generally lives with my sister. I

I have one dog. It's a male Shih Tzu named Doby. (He is named after one of my stuffed animals.) Right now, my dog has to wear o cone because he itches himself to much. (He practicly bites his leg off.) Doby is 2 years old (that's 14 years in dog years.) He was born on December 5, 2005.

Oh jeez, here comes my list of pets.

-Deep breath-

Four Guinea Pigs, Beans, Butters, Sugar, and the Big Mama; Precious, two cats, Mary and Jane (no, we didnt name em that, my sister got them as a gift from her pot-head friend.) wo seem to constantly be in heat and have somehow gotten the idea that my face is a suitable sleeping place.

There are also a family of Racoons that have moved in under the house, and I consider them pets since, they show absolutely no fear or hostality towards me and my family, but snarl at any stranger that comes anywhere near us.

OH!, and for some reason, my little sister has a spider in a jar she adopted last week, but my mom is planing on releasing/smooshing/RAIDing the poor little bastard in a few days.

I think thats it for me.

Well, my family has a lot of pets but the one that is mine only is my corn snake called Nike. (NOT named after the shoe company) And we have two female Jack Russels known as Molly and Reba, two other snakes, Masa (pronounced May-suh, corn snake) and Kai (Ball python), and a cat whose name is Kiki.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem owns a... dog... >>; He's adorable and awesome yes. But oh how Sem would love a kitteh.

Paco1-1.jpg

But anyway, there's Paco. XD

My family has had a lot of pets over the years. When I was a very little girl, we had a three-legged terrier called Tripod. I really don't remember much of him, since he (unfortunately) had to be put down when I was about 2 (apparently he was very old, and his health had taken a turn for the worse). Then we got a little grey kitten when I was about 3 or 4. A couple of months later, we went away on holidays for a couple of days, leaving the kitten with some friends. When we got back, we learned that the nasty neighbour next to them had left poisoned meat out for the kitten (apparently he took the 'cat-hater' to a new extreme). We had called the kitten Meme after what we called mom's mother. For days after my sister and I were frantic, thinking it was some sort of bad omen.

Then when I was about 5, we got our first budgie. We called it Timmy. And he flew away. A week later, I got my next budgie whom I called, Tammy. It was an accident. I did not see it. I swear. I was sitting down to dinner, and.... Anyway, a week later, we received another budgie. We called this one Tiny. The first day home, and Dad was showing the guy who gave us the (all three) birds our new ceiling fans. Tiny had escaped and had flown up and was perched on the ceiling fan. Then Dad turned it on.

No, Tiny did not die. But she was never quite right in the head after. For instance, a few years later, when my sister was in second grade, she was chosen that week to bring home the class pet, a male budgie called Luke. Tiny (who was quite large by then, seeing as how she never got out of that cage again), quite literally 'hen-pecked' the poor thing. It happened every time he came around. Two years later, she started to lay eggs (I still have her last egg, cleaned and hollowed out and nestled on some tissue paper in a matchbox somewhere in my box of interesting things). But eventually, she too passed on. But only when she had lived to the ripe old age of seven.

Sometime before, when I was about 6 or 7, we received our second cat. He was black, and we called him Tidbit. Mainly because we found him on our front doorstep, shivering because of the thunderstorm. We fed him some tidbits from dinner and he stayed with us. He was, and still is, the only cat I have ever truly loved. He would sit on top of our box freezer and watch us eat dinner. When we moved to St George (about 7 hours drive sou-southwest of Brisbane) (I was in 10[sup]th[/sup] grade), he came with us. He never liked thunderstorms. About a year later, there was a massive storm, they said it was near cyclone force. We never found Tidbit, and I still don't believe he's dead.

About a year after we got Tidbit, my sister found her first cat, whom she called Ginger. He had been the kitten given to the kids next door for Christmas, but they had been abusing the poor little thing, and he had somehow escaped and came into our house. We had been watching Saturday morning cartoons and suddenly we were aware of the carpet was staring at us. Ginger went with us when we moved as well. He died about a year ago, from extreme old age (he could no-longer even eat). My sister then got her current cat, whom we called Mr Higgins. Mainly because he's grey and has a white 'cravat', white 'spats' and white 'gloves'.

About a year after we lost Tidbit, we received two more pets, one of whom is my dog, Poup (pronounced 'poop'). He loves to sleep at the foot of my bed. His mother was a prize-winning, $5,000 bischon-frieze. His father was the terrier/chihwawa next door.

We also got Dad's cat, whom we called Meik (pronounced 'meek'). He too was black, since the church ladies knew just how badly Tidbit's disappearance had affected Dad, so they gave him a new black cat for Christmas (although a Reverend having a black cat was a bit.... ;D). A few weeks before we moved back to Brisbane, Meik was hit by a car. Since Mum and Dad were in our new house re-painting the walls, the job fell to my sister and I to bury the cat. We did so, beneath the mulberry tree (he had always loved catching the birds who flocked there to eat the berries), along with his last kill, a poor little tawny frogmouth. We thought it poetic irony.

While still in the outback, we also had a bevy of chickens, who were named things like, Little White Took, Little Black Took, Sumo and Golden (our two roosters), the Stilts (so-called because they had veeeery long legs), the Speckled Tooks, the Little Brown Took, Irene (who was our little chick-rooster who was killed by the large black dog next door), and the Twins.

So, in total, we've had two dogs, four cats, three budgies, and a whole gaggle of chickens.​

Well, I have two cats, two dogs, and a snake. ^_^

I love my feline friends, and I find them very entertaining. I get easily annoyed by my dogs, yet deep down I still love them xD. The snake is just, well a snake and I love him.

My cats' names are Cali, a old calico she cat. Sebastian, a fluffy white tom. Then Matthias, a small black and white kitten, that causes more trouble then all the other pets put together.

Then there are the two dogs, Molly and Dakota, both females.

Then Clock, the snake, he is black and white also, and very cute. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Other, I have 3 Gerbils called Cairo, Nimbus and Squishy :)

However, as a family we also have a dog called Guy and 5 Guinea pigs (Moon, Pumpkin, Tawny, Lark, Harry)

We've had bonzillions of pets... well, highly exaggerated but right now we have a bird. He's a cute gray cockatail named 'Henry MacDougal' (yes, one of the MacDougal brothers for all you Outlaw Star fans). He loves cheez-it's, pretzels, and occassionally some ramen... LOL!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I have a Scottish Terrier. He effectively looks like a barrel-shaped Poochyena with a beard.

I also owned a large number of shrimps once, but they died a long time ago. Pets don't tend to stick around too long if you put them all in the same tank, all the same species...then find out they are extremely cannibalistic. D'oh!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Tailless cats aren't too out of the ordinary. Some breeds are bred specifically to have no tails (Manx cats, for instance). As for the six fingers... (whips up a Spanish accent) Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

... What?