• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is your favorite band?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think I even have a favorite. I'm more the sort of person who likes songs moreso than bands or singers.

But lessee. Queen, Scorpions, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Van Halen, Styx, Foreigner, Tajra-era Nightwish, hmm... toss in The Corrs for good measures... to name but a few, not necessarily in that order.

I like a variety of bands, some being my favorites for a time depending on how many of their songs I have in my head and what I have listened to recently.

I like, in no particular order:

1. Fall Out Boy
2. The Monkees
3. The Beatles
4. The Beach Boys
5. The Byrds
6. Sly and the Family Stone
7. Van Halen
8. Metallica
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. The Carpenters
11. Herman's Hermits
12. The Rolling Stones
13. Blink-182
14. OK Go
15. Bon Jovi
16. Journey
17. Styx
18. Nirvana
19. The Temptations
20. The Supremes
21. A little bit of Maroon 5
22. The Red Hot Chili Peppers
23. Incubus
24. The Four Seasons
25. The Association

And many more! This is but a short list.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Lets see... In no particular order

Godsmack
Linkin Park
Three Days Grace
Disterbed
Metallica
Bon Jovi
3 Doors Down
The Black Mages (FF Remixes FTW!)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are a number of songs I like other people do but I'd be 50/50 on them as a band or as my favorites.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My favourite band is a less well known band called Kiuas. I've listened to a lot of their music lately and the pure energy in the way they play and sing is incredible. So far my favourite song of theirs is Warrior Soul, and I'm hoping to get one of their albums eventually.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My music is kind of random - meaning I often have one or two songs for a band and that's it... I really find a band/singer who's music I like completely. However, with these three I like most of their music...

Nightwish
Creed
Rammstein

I don't have an order of favorites, and I'm not sure if I even have real favorites, but a few groups I like would be...Muse, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Yuki Kajiura, The Pillows and ALI PROJECT.

These are my top 10 bands. I'm into the Alternative\Metal sort of thing :). Anyway, here they are...

1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Breaking Benjamin
3. Bullet For My Valentine
4. Lacuna Coil
5. Muse
6. Three Days Grace
7. Metallica
8. Rise Against
9. KoRn
10. Slipknot

Well... Slipknot not so much, but I could think of any bands I like better.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
But lessee. Queen, Scorpions, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Van Halen, Styx, Foreigner, Tajra-era Nightwish, hmm... toss in The Corrs for good measures... to name but a few, not necessarily in that order.

Their "Full Moon" song is pretty damn awesome, I've gotta say.

I'm glad to see that nobody listed DragonForce as a favorite...They're pretty much all power chords for Pete's sake!

Let's see... My favorites...

Well, I don't really have one set favorite, so here's a list of just some of the bands/artists I like...

1. Bon Jovi
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. Disturbed
4. Children of Bodom
5. The Eagles
6. Queen
7. Andrea Bocelli
8. Basshunter
9. Tenacious D
10. Seal
11. Hollywood Undead
12. Linkin Park
13. Metallica
14. Nickleback
15. Nirvana

After looking through my iPod, I realized that I listen to pretty much anything that isn't Country lol

Here are some bands I enjoy, not in order.

1. Eastside Boys (Germany)
2. The Who
3. The Police
4. Men at Work
5. OMC
6. Green Day
7. Toto
8. The Clash
9. The Rolling Stones
10. Jethro Tull

Here's some I enjoy, because there are far too many I like to have a few top favorites:

Nightwish
Nickelback
Fiona Apple
Linkin Park
Metallica
Lacuna Coil
The Black Mages
Yo-Yo Ma
Gorillaz
Andrew Bird
Coldplay
Goo Goo Dolls

....those are just ones off the top of my head.

I typically listen to Everything but, mainly alternative/punk/psychedelic.
My favorite bands are:
Sublime
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bob Marley and The Wailers
Third Eye Blind
The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Oh... I have soo many:

Mindless Self Indulgence, The Fall Of Troy, Polysics, Electric Six, Daft Punk, Insane Clown Posse, Alter Bridge, Madness, The Specials, The Aquabats, Project 86, Marilyn Manson, Alkaline Trio, I-Def-I, Enter Shikari, Gnarkill, Bloodhound Gang, CKY, I Set My Friends On Fire, System Of A Down, Andrew W.K, Nirvana, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Fratellis.

Well i more of person to like songs more than the band it self, but there is one band i love to bits, and that is (durm roll please)
Crush 40
I love this band to bits, i have Knight of the wind on loop at the moment.

I listen to a ton of artists, but I think I can put in at least 10 that I mostly listen to. Only the first 3 are in order.

1. Tokio Hotel [Ich liebe Georg Listing und Bill Kaulitz!]
2. Big Bang
3. An Cafe
4. Aural Vampire
5. Linkin Park
6. Cinema Bizarre
7. David Bowie [Labyrinth movie, anyone?]
8. Daft Punk
9. Three Days Grace
10. Evanescence

However if you're talking about favorite songs, then it would be a completely different story as my taste in music would include Lady Gaga and Britney Spears....Someone shoot me o_o

I listen to a ton of artists, but I think I can put in at least 10 that I mostly listen to. Only the first 3 are in order.

1. Tokio Hotel [Ich liebe Georg Listing und Bill Kaulitz!]
2. Big Bang
3. An Cafe
4. Aural Vampire
5. Linkin Park
6. Cinema Bizarre
7. David Bowie [Labyrinth movie, anyone?]
8. Daft Punk
9. Three Days Grace
10. Evanescence

However if you're talking about favorite songs, then it would be a completely different story as my taste in music would include Lady Gaga and Britney Spears....Someone shoot me o_o

Tokio Hotel scare me... They have some sort of Shemale singer.

>=O
I'm so offended. (Haha, not really.)
Bill's not really much of a Shemale, even with his hair and facial features, but I can see how you're going with that. Although I can't see how a shemale is scary.
(Unless you mean the Rocky Horror Picture Show, lol. I watched it when I was around 6 and the image of Tim Curry's character scared me for months.)

Paramore
3OH!3
Pussycat Dolls
Nickelback
Shinedown (only because of Second Chance...)
Daughtry
Linkin Park (so far I've heard only Shadow of the Day...but it's great)

That's all I can think of, but I know I like more...

[quote author=Random-Hero link=topic=5616.msg98858#msg98858 date=1241242005]

>=O
I'm so offended. (Haha, not really.)
Bill's not really much of a Shemale, even with his hair and facial features, but I can see how you're going with that. Although I can't see how a shemale is scary.
(Unless you mean the Rocky Horror Picture Show, lol. I watched it when I was around 6 and the image of Tim Curry's character scared me for months.)
[/quote]

Jimmy Urine > Bill Ladyface

Im just saying, he looks rather ladie like! Althought, if he had orange hair... He could go rwar and look like a tiger! :3

[quote author=* Sunny * link=topic=5616.msg99523#msg99523 date=1241650854]
Probably Paramore would be my favorite band.

I don't get whats so great about them?
My sisters boyfriends old band; A Place Far Away toured along side them... This is before they went mainstream and had Emo boys touching themselves over her. XD
[/quote]

It's not that... It's hard to explain. Normally I'm not into that Emo band stuff, and trust me I'm not emo, or anywhere close. But something about thier music just catches me. I'm not sure what or why it is.

*shrug*

Less Than Jake have been my favourite band for 9 years, I've seen them 7 times in concert every time has been just amazing.

My other favourite bands change on a regular basis but I'd say

- Something Corporate
- NOFX
- Silverstein
- The Pink Spiders

Nice little variety for you there ^_^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Let's see, The Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chillipeppers, Alter Bridge, The Arcade Fire, The Beatles, Queen, Avenged Sevenfold, Oasis, Coheed and Cambria, Dropkick Murphys, and a few others that I can't think of.

There's a lot more rockers here than I thought.....
1. Death Cab For Cutie
2. U2
3. Linkin Park
4. Goo Goo Dolls
5. Masuda Toshio
6. Avril Lavigne
7. Daughtry
8,9,10, etc. random songs by random peoples ;D

Tough choice....
I guess my #1 would be Eric Clapton, for he did a kickass song when he was with "Derek and the Dominoes" called 'Layla'.
My #2 would be Johnny Cash, God rest his soul, for he came out with several songs I like.
#3 would be Jimmy Buffett, for his wide selection of good songs.
#4 is a very tough choice. I don't know who made it, but I like the song, "Adult Education."
And, lastly, #5. Heart. The songs "Barracuda" and "Crazy on You" are pretty awesome.