• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What don't you like about Generation Five?

Atma

Formerly Karu
How delicious a warning O.o Movin' on...

I personally find a lot of these Gen V Pokemon remind me of Digimon. I mean srs, the dragon reminds of that blue digivolution card from Digimon Tamers and the design echoes scenes of that show in my head. I also feel pokemon is growing a little old now... Time to consider heading down after this and start another game, Ninendo/GameFreak...?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Leo said:
I also feel pokemon is growing a little old now... Time to consider heading down after this and start another game, Ninendo/GameFreak...?

It only feels old to the people who've lived long enough to experience the entire franchise. For those who haven't (either due to being too young or lacking interest), the new games are as fresh as any other gaming experience of this age.

Pokemon is a generational series, and each generation is meant to pull in new gamers while still offering something new to older fans. It does exactly what it aims to do each new gen, too, so it'd do nothing but hurt Nintendo financially to drop one of its top franchises. :X

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Leo said:
I also feel pokemon is growing a little old now... Time to consider heading down after this and start another game, Ninendo/GameFreak...?

Yes, Pokemon is getting old, that's why D/P, Platinum and HG/SS had record-breaking sales.

*facepalm*

Atma

Formerly Karu
...Alright, you got good point. I think I really have just experienced a lot x-x Now I'm quite worried of when game franchises WILL end. Maybe this franchise in particular will end when they run out of ideas..? Though you could argue new staff will just be employed. But yeah, essentially got no more to add to this topic. x~x;; [/failflee]

Leo said:
...Alright, you got good point. I think I really have just experienced a lot x-x Now I'm quite worried of when game franchises WILL end. Maybe this franchise in particular will end when they run out of ideas..?
It's not exactly possible to run out of ideas when there are an infinite amount of them :>

What don't I like about G5?

I personally don't like some of these new designs. Some are cool, like the Ghost/Fire lanterns and Braviary. But there are also ones that are below average, in my opinion. I'm looking at you, garbage bags, Maggyo, and Zuruzukin.

One saving grace of G5 for me is the massive amount of unique type combinations floating around. There's finally a pure Flying-type and two more Electric/Flying-types, something I've personally been waiting for since G2. Bug/Electric, Ground/Ghost, Dark/Fighting, etc. These are all combinations I'd only imagined in my wildest dreams.

But then there's the Fire starter, who unfortunately continues the trend of Fire/Fighting starters, which is two generations old at this point. I know, I know, there's two other Pokémon to pick from, but it's still unfortunate.

And then, of course, there's the names, but commenting on them is taboo now, so I'll leave it at that.

What don't I like about Unova... Another fire/fighting starter! The starter's types look too plain! Serperior looks like a Grass/Dark, Samurott looks like Water/Rock or Water/Fight and Emboar looks liek Fire/Psychic. And still not a dark gym... and they need a grass type gym leader or a grass elite four. ... Now I seem grouchy. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like how much these guys,

throh.jpg
sawk.jpg

Remind me so much of another duo here in the states,

alg_bert_ernie.jpg

I mean I may still catch them in the game but I know EXACTLY what I'm going to nickname them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

Bianca and Cheren (and N)
They are so freaking annoying!
I wanna trap both of them in a fridge and place it on top of Mt.Silver!
What I mean is that in D/p/Pt ,I was complaining that the rival doesn't appear enough ,but in gen V ,it's like they're freaking stalking you (like tele-marketers).

My most hated thing and i mean most is what ducklett evolves into! I actually trained it to lvl 48 til i decided if i wanted to beat the pokemon league id have to evolve it. Jeez that stupid fucking swan annoys the crap out of me >_<

Now that I've seen all the designs a lot (oh, yes they bugged me at first) I really like them. Most of them is actually kind of cool.