• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Welcome to the Battle Frontier

Rules:
1. Follow rules of the site click here to review them
2. Be polite and respect others
3. You may have a companion character to join you on your quest if you'd like (Ex: Ash as the main, Brock as the Companion)
4. Please no Ash-Greninja,
5. Have Fun!

**Side-Note** The Battle Frontier is like the one from the anime (being the battle is against the Frontier Brain right away)

The Battle Frontier, located in the Kanto Region and many different species of Pokemon, from it's neighboring region of Johto, to the a small variety from the Tropical Alola Region. Originally the Battle Frontier had 7 Frontier Brains, but since Brandon left to go protect the ruins where the legendary Colossal Pokemon, they now only have 6 members left, and all have different battling styles.

Last edited:
Landon stepped off of the plane that had brought him to the Kanto Region from Sinnoh, "Battel Frontier here I come!" Landon exclaimed happily as he stood in front of the plane.

"Landon, you've already been to Kanto," Lyra commented as she also got off of the plane, "Why do you feel the need to announce it?"

"Because now I'm taking on the Battle Frontier, home to some of the strongest trainers, other than Elite 4 and Champions, but still!" Landon replied ecstatically.

"Alright," Lyra told him as she grabbed Landon by his hoodie, "Let's go meet with Professor Oak, so we can learn where these battle facilities are." Lyra began dragging Landon through the airport lobby.

Alex Coleman watched as a plane touched down, scraping the runway with a satisfying skid. Atop of his partner, a Talonflame nameD Arrow, he watched as the passengers began to file out of the plane. They sure didn't know what they were missing, considering he had flown here on top of his Pokemon.

Now people might call doing this inefficient or a bit crude, but as a Sky Trainer, the rush he got from doing it, was amazing. Doing a twist, Arrow changed directions, to somewhere, where he could get some info regarding the Battle Frontier, Professor Samuel Oak.

"Hey look a Talonflame!" Landon exclaimed as he freed himself from Lyra's grip on his hoodie and ran over to it and it's trainer. Landon looked at the Talonflame in amazement, "Wow that Talonflame looks strong..." he commented as he stared for a minute.

Westley's plane from Hoenn has just landed in Kanto as the people started to pour out of the plane. Westley was making his way through the airport lobby. "Man I was starting to get tired of seating in that plane" Westley said as he stretched that is when he noticed two trainers talking one having a Pokemon he has never seen before.

"So cool what is that pokemon it long strong I must find out" Westley said excitedly with stars in his eyes as he ran in the direction of the two trianers. "Hey what kind of pokemon is that it looks strong you must have trained it very well."

"It's a Talonflame, they're most commonly seen in Kalos," Landon commented as he saw the other trainer approaching, "I'm Landon and this is Lyra," he gestured to Lyra who was standing next to him, "We came here from Sinnoh, and you are?..." Landon paused as he extended his hand.

Alex watched with his lips tightly closed as two trainers came and complimented Arrow. Alex couldn't help but give a quiet laugh when he watched Arrow's chest swell up with pride after the two back to back compliments.

He gave a smile and thumbs up to the two other trainers and said, "Alex Coleman, Sky Trainer Extraordinaire."At this little bit of show of pride, Arrow gave a slightly amused huff at his trainer.

"Wow a pokemon from Kalos are amazing the names Westley nice to Landon and Lyra" Westley said as he shakes Landon's hand. "Also hello to you too Alex wait did you say sky trainer is that another cool thing from Kalos" asked Westley with stars in his eyes once again looking at proud Sky Trainer Extraordinaire.

"Man the name Sky Trainer takes me back," Landon commented as he recalled his journey across Kalos, "Really hard to do, having to fly with your Pokemon... not easy." Lyra slapped Landon on the back, "Maybe that's because you never learned how to fly properly, and as a result you crashed into everything in sight," she reminded him, she turned to Westly, "So Westly what are you here in Kanto for?"

After Landon and Lyra's plane landed, Nina pointed downward from the back of Nimbus, the Altaria she had rode all the way from Sinnoh. "There they are! Nimbus, get ready to land!" Tailing Landon here wasn't easy, especially since Altaria weren't exactly known for their speed. Thankfully, the plane's course was fairly linear, so all Nina needed was a direction to follow. Nimbus, eager to take a break from the long flight, descended a bit too fast for Nina's liking, and the brash trainer ended up falling off of Nimbus as soon as they landed. Nina began to tumble across the grass, headed straight for Landon and crew.

"Wh-whoa! Incoming!" Fortunately for everyone involved, Nina's roll lost momentum just before she could collide with Landon. "Ugh...I'm gonna be feeling that for a while...ay mate, howzit goin?"

"Hey Nina, how have you been?" Landon asked offering his hand to help her up. "Hey Nina, long time no see!" Lyra commented as she looked at her Altaria, "So you also have an Altaria, it looks healthy and well taken care of," she commented. Lyra shook her head quickly, "Landon we have to go see Professor Oak right away to learn where the first battle facility is!"

Nina gratefully took Landon's hand and pulled herself up. "Heh heh...after that fall, I've definitely been better." She rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment over her entrance. At the mention of Nimbus, she glared over at the cause of her fall, who was currently sleeping soundly in a patch of grass. With a sigh, Nina recalled Nimbus to his pokeball.

There was one thing that Lyra mentioned that caught Nina's attention. One was the mention of the world renowned geezer himself, Professor Oak. These guys had connections! Maybe it'd be best to tag along with these guys for a while. After all, how many chances did you get to meet a famous Pokémon professor? Not to mention, she had no idea where she was. "Say, if you don't mind, can I tag along with you two for a while? I may or may not be, uh, completely lost."

"Sure no problem!" Landon commented, "The more the merrier anyway!" Landon cheerfully walked onward into Pallet Town towards Professor Oak's Lab. When they had reached the lab, Landon knocked on the door and waited for a response, the door creaked open and a man with a red shirt, brown pants, blonde hair, and a white trench coat stood at the door, "Oh, hello, who are you?" he asked. "I'm Landon, and this is Lyra," Landon introduced, "Are you Professor Oak?" The man nodded, "Why yes I am, I've been expecting you please come in," Oak replied as he gestured everyone to go in.

Nina dusted off her outfit and straightened her cap before following Landon and Lyra into the professor's lab. Professor Oak was one of the biggest names in the Pokémon field, and she would rather not leave a bad inpression. Friends in high places, as they say. She offered her hand to the old man as she introduced herself. "Hey there, Mr. Professor. Name's Nina, it's a pleasure to meet ya." Internally, Nina grimaced to herself. Formality always made her feel so awkward, but in this case it was probably necessary.

"Please Nina, no need for formality," Professor Oak replied embarrassed, he brought everyone into the lab and into a room where two couches and a coffee table were set up, there were bookshelves covering the walls as well. "Now then would anyone care for some tea?" Oak asked. "I'll take some," Lyra replied happily to the offer. "Me too please," Landon added. "Alright I'll go get the tea," the Professor opened the door, as he opened it, a Muk stood there and quickly leaped onto the Professor, "Oh come on Muk, now's not the time for that!" he complained.

Nina let out a breath of air she hadn't realized she had been holding. The professor seemed to be rather casual, and that suited her just fine. Some tea would be nice as well, since she hadn't had anything to eat or drink since she left Sinnoh. Nina was startled at first by the figure that leapt onto Professor Oak, but that surprise quickly turned to adoration when she recognized what the form was. "Oh wow! Professor, is that Muk your partner? He's so adorable!"

"No, this Muk is actually another trainer's, it hates being in it's Pokeball so it roams around the lab, quite friendly actually," Professor Oak explained as he got Muk off of him. The Professor soon returned with the tea as well as some biscuits, "Dig in everyone," The Professor exclaimed. Landon immediately grabbed a biscuit as well as some tea and happily sat eating the biscuit and drinking his tea. "Now then Landon, Professor Rowan told me that you want to challenge the Battle Frontier," Oak asked, Landon nodded, his face was stuffed with biscuits to the point where he couldn't talk, "Then first you'll need to take on the Battle Factory, and the Frontier Brain Noland, from there you'll learn about the next facility and it's Frontier Brain and so on so forth." Landon quickly swallowed his mouth full of biscuits and began choking on them. "That's amazing Professor," Lyra commented as she pounded Landon on the back to help him.

At that moment, Nina was too busy fawning over the Muk to grab any tea or biscuits. However, she did perk up at the mention of the Battle Facilities. Part of the reason that she had tailed Landon this far was to challenge the Battle Frontier, after all. And who knows? Maybe on every of these 'Frontier Brains' could give her some guidance on where to go with her training from here. "What are we waiting for then? We could hike over to the facility and start strong by laying the smack down on this Noland guy!"

Landon finally swallowed the last of the biscuits that had been chocking him, "You said it Nina, let's hit the road!" Landon cheered before Lyra stopped him. "Before we go Landon, how many Pokemon are with you at this moment?" Lyra asked. "I'll meet you guys outside," Landon said nervously. Landon went with Professor Oak down to the Pokeball Transport System and called Professor Rowan, "Hey Professor, sorry to bother you, but I need some of my Pokemon sent over," Landon requested with embarrassment. "Of course Landon, now who shall I send over?" Rowan asked. After watching the 5 Pokemon he requested were sent over Landon thanked Professor Rowan and left to go join everyone else. "Alright so where to?" Lyra asked as she saw Landon leaving the lab. "The Battle Factory!" Landon exclaimed as he took out a Pokegear, "Now let's see, Professor Oak updated my Pokegear with data on all the Battle Facilities... and there, the Battle Factory is close to Cerulean City!"

"Cerulean City, eh? That's kinda far, and Nimbus will need a lot of rest before he can fly again. Sounds like we better start walking." Even though Cerulean City was a long way from Professor Oak's lab, Nina didn't mind too much. It would be nice to see Kanto again after such a long time. How long had it been? Two or three years? Long enough to make Nina miss the region a bit. Plus, she could use that time to settle the score. So far, Landon and her were 1-1, and Nina desperately wanted to get back at him for eliminating her in Lily of the Valley. "But before any of that...Landon, whaddya say to another battle? We have a tie to break!"

"You're on Nina, but this time is gonna be different from the Lily of the Valley Conference!" Landon replied as he took out a Pokeball, "We'll have a one on one!" Landon was pumped, it would be awesome to get some battling done before challenging the Battle Frontier, "Alright Draco you're up!" Landon yelled, as he threw the Pokeball a Garchomp burst out, it was a different color than a normal Garchomp, this one's skin was black opposed to purple. "Hey Draco it's been a while!" Landon happily expressed, Draco cheered, it's body began to glow an orange/red color. "Here comes Drago Meteor!" Lyra yelled in a panic. "Draco, not again!" Landon yelled but Draco didn't listen, it just fired the Draco Meteor straight up, sending lot's of high energy blasts towards the ground, one of which hit Landon. "Draco it's great to see you two, but next time could you turn it down a bit," Landon said in pain as he got up.

Westley was so busy admiring Alex and his Talonflame he didn't noticed the trainer he just met leave. "Uh where did everyone go" Westley said as he turn away the Sky Trainer. "They must have went to the Oak's Lab" before Westley bolted in the direction of the lab in hopes of catching up with the other trianers he turned back to Alex while jogging in place. "It was nice meeting you hope with meet agian!" Westley yelled loud enough for the Alex to hear as ran off.

Westley has just make it to Oak's lab when he noticed a orange orb burst in the air. "Wait was that a...." With no other words Westley raced to the location as he got there he spoted a black Garchomp and Landon covered in dirt and scratches with a smile on his face "Hey is everything ok?" yelled Westley confused.

"Yeah everything's fine," Landon replied as he brushed his clothes clean, "My Garchomp here just got excited is all." Draco smiled and cheered before biting onto Landon's head. "Draco come on, let Landon go!" Lyra yelled as she tried to get Draco off of Landon, "Alright that won't work," Lyra stated in frustration as she took out a Pokeball, "Azumarill, Water Gun!" she threw the Pokeball and an Azumarill popped out and quickly shot water at Draco's head. Draco released it's grip on Landon's head to shield itself from the water. "Are you alright Landon?" Lyra asked as she ran over to help him. "Yeah I'm fine, thanks Azumarill," Landon replied, Azumarill smiled as it gave Landon a thumbs up, "Draco try and take it easy okay," Landon said cheerfully as he rubbed Draco's head.

Continued to watch the friendly exchange as he was making his way to the two trainers and their pokemon. "So that attack was your Garchomp's Draco Meteor," said Westley as he grabs hold his dragon fang necklace, "My grandfather once told me a dragon pokemon can only learn that move when they and their trainer share a strong bond" Westley spoke as he smiled.

"Any way what are you guys doing out" said Westley returning to his cheerful self. He turns his head and spots the other trainer on the other side of the field his eyes widened with excitement. "Are you guys are to have a battle."

Landon smiled as he rubbed Draco's neck, "Yeah me and Nina have a tie to break!" he exclaimed enthusiastically. "They battled in the Lily of the Valley Conference for the Sinnoh League during the Semi-Finals, and one time before that, they've both won and lost to each other," Lyra explained as she looked at Landon, "Hey Landon, what other Pokemon did you get Professor Rowan to send you?" Lyra asked. Landon smiled as he took out four more Pokeballs, "Instead of telling you, how about I show you!" Landon yelled as he threw his Pokeballs into the air, all of the Pokeballs burst open, a Metagross, Empoleon, Swoobat, and Rhydon all popped out of the Pokeballs, "Hey guys long time, no see!" Landon smiled, before all of his Pokemon tackled him to the ground, "Oh come on guys, that hurts!"

Nina watched as Landon released his Pokémon, and was surprised to see that, like his Garchomp, most of them did not fight during the Lily of the Valley tournament. It looked like she would have to make a list just to keep track of them all! She also noticed the new face that had appeared, who was currently talking to Landon and Lyra. But introductions could wait. Right now, it was time to settle the score. "Hey. Name's Nina, and like he said, we have a tie to break. We can talk later after my partner and I clock that Garchomp." Nina looked down at Landon, who was on the floor being glomped by his Pokémon, and sighed in slight frustration. "Yeah, okay. That's nice and all, but get up already mate. Are you focused or not?"

"Yeah I'm focused," Landon replied as he got up, giving a smile, "Let's have a good battle Nina!" Draco took it's place for the battle, "And just so we're clear you're not gonna be clocking any Garchomp today!" Everything in Landon's body suddenly was turned up to 11, his whole body was filled with so much energy that he began hopping on the spot, "Alright Draco let's start with-" Landon was quickly interrupted by a Water Gun to the face. "Before you call your first attack, how about Nina gets her Pokemon ready," Lyra scolded Landon in frustration. "Uh, yeah, I remembered," Landon replied, he made quick eye-contact with Lyra and realized she wasn't buying it at all. "Seriously you get to wrapped up in battles," Lyra sighed as she turned to Nina, "Alright Nina, bring out your Pokemon!"

Nina attempted, in vain, to hide her blush from Lyra. She had intentionally been avoiding speaking to her after learning about her and Landon, and talking to her was a bit...awkward. "Uh...yeah, sure. Yes. That is...what I was about to do!" After taking a moment to steal herself, Nina grabbed a pokeball from her bag and released her partner. "Frosch, you're up mate!" A Toxicroak materialized onto the field, letting out a long, powerful croak at his release. "It's been a while, mate. Ya see that Garchomp over there?" Frosch glanced across the field, and nodded to his trainer. "That's who I need you to beat down. Think you can handle it?" The amphibious Pokémon gave a confident thumbs up to Nina, along with a series of short croaks that almost sounded like chuckling. "Alright then. Let's give 'em what for!" Nina turned from Frosch to Landon across the field. "Ready when you are!"

"And I'm ready," Landon said cheerfully, "Draco, use Dual Chop!" Draco nodded, as it leaped up the two fins on it's arms glowed a bright green, Draco dove straight towards Frosch and began swiping repeatedly hoping to score a powerful hit.

Nina grinned sharply as her blood began to boil. "Frosch, let's give 'em our own Dual Chop!" The Toxicroak nodded eagerly as he ducked underneath Draco, raising his arms to meet the dragon's blades in a clash. However, it seemed that Draco simply had more power, as Frosch was knocked back from the immense force of the blow. "Frosch! You hanging in there?" Frosch shook off the pain and croaked in confirmation. "Alright, time to do some maneuvering then! Give 'em a low blow Poison Jab!" The Toxicroak moved swiftly, with his body kept low to the ground. He swerved his entire body around the Garchomp as his Poison Jab was sharply brought up in a left hook toward the dragon's jaw.

Last edited:
The Poison Jab nailed Draco in the jaw, sending it back, "You okay buddy?" Landon called out, Draco smiled and nodded, "Then use Dig!" Draco immediately began burrowing it's way underground preparing to strike Frosch from underneath, 'Draco's been itching to do some battling, and I'm sure he won't be disappointed' Landon thought to himself. Lyra smiled as she watched the battle, "I still remember when Landon caught Draco as a Gible, it's whole life it's enjoyed nothing but battling, and expressing affection more than it should," she commented as she watched the battle.

Geez, Nina thought. A ground type move wasn't exactly the best situation for a poison type like Frosch. The best she could hope for was to try and predict where the Garchomp would appear. "Frosch, focus on the ground! As soon as you see something moving, get away!"

Draco burst out of the ground behind Frosch, "Alright, now Draco Meteor!" Landon yelled, Draco's body once again began to glow as it fired an orb of high powered energy into the air. "It looks good!" Lyra commented as the Draco Meteor reached it's peak, it dispersed into multiple meteor-like attacks that came crashing down towards Frosch.

One look was all Nina needed to determine the strength of the Garchomp's Draco Meteor. And that analysis told her that there was no way Frosch was coming out of this still standing. There were two options. One was to try and dodge the attack, but considering how scattered the meteors were, the chances for success were slim at best. The other was to end it right here, right now with one final attack. Nina decided to take her chances with door number two. "Frosch, forget the meteors! Give that Garchomp a Brick Break to the face!" Turning his body around and adding the momentum to his attack, Frosch swiftly brought his open hand down towards Draco's muzzle just as the Draco Meteor hit him in the back of the head, knocking him unconscious as the attack was still in motion.

Landon walked over to Frosch, "You okay," Landon offered his hand to the Pokemon to help it up. "That was a great battle you two," Lyra said cheerfully. "Yeah if that Brick Break made contact the whole battle would have changed," Landon added as he walked over to Nina and extended his hand, "Thanks for a great battle as always."

Nina recalled Frosch to his pokeball, making a mental note to stop at a Pokémon Center on the way to the Battle Factory. "You did fine, mate. Chill for a while." She then turned to Landon, glancing at his outstretched hand. Nina grasped it in response, almost crushing Landon's hand in her grip. With a grin, she commended Landon. "That's quite the Garchomp you have there! Don't you worry though. Next time, we'll knock ya into next week! Until then, great match Landon."

"Sounds like a plan!" Landon replied as he freed his hand, it was it excruciating pain. "So shall we get going?" Lyra asked. "Sounds great to me!" Landon replied as he quickly recalled all of his Pokemon, "Hey Westley, you coming?" Landon yelled as he began to run ahead of everyone. "What about Alex?" Lyra asked Landon. "Alex is a Sky Trainer extraordinaire, he'll catch up to us in no time flat!" Landon answered, "Now can we please get going?"

"Great battling out there you two" shouted Westley as he ran up to the group from the sidelines. "Man that Garchomp attacks got some power behind them makes me want to battle against him" thought Westley his thoughts interrupted when he heard Landon call his name. "Sure...wait where we going anyway" asked Westley.

"Cerulean City, and towards the Battle Factory!" Landon exclaimed as he began marching off, he was pumped to get to the Battle Factory and to reach his first step in challenging the Battle Frontier. "Wait up Landon!" Lyra yelled as she ran after him, 'Sometimes he can just get ahead of himself' Lyra thought to herself as she caught up.

Nina looked over at Landon, with a little bit of disdain. This was twice in a row now that she had lost to him. That was why she was here at the Battle Frontier though. To get stronger. Stronger than anyone could possibly imagine. She then looked over at the trainer Landon had been talking to earlier. Westley, she believed his name was. What was his deal, anyway? "So, Westley, was it? What brings you to the Battle Frontier?"