• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Weekly anime discussion - you bet your ass there's spoilers

GRRRRRRRR

Why why WHY!!!!!!!

First they make yanmega a SPECIAL attacker removing its use as a decent UU reversaller.

Then they let some complete idiot design it and make it look really silly...

THEN they give jesse of all people one in the anime... One of the heroes catches a Yanma and seriously it'd have been awesome, i was really looking forward to it... But seriously... JESSE!!!!

Gah what's next with making under rated pok

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for commandeering teh Katie's account again, but I, teh Stel, have to officially point out how utterly ridiculous your comment is, Sir RLRL.

Really. Don't you know that Stunky isn't a grass-type? >>;

I still find it odd that James gets grass types now, but when you consider cacnea potentially would have been part dark, and that carnivine does look pretty evil it makes sense... But he also has had chimecho (why'd they make it so useless!!!) and currently sports that goddamn mime jr... I'd really love to just kickm mime jr in the face....

Correction... I'd really love to see Jesse and James either become actual villains or get the boot like max did, cause seriously, they're about as useful as him...

Man i get bitchy on nicotine withdrawal... but i digress... Jesse with Yanmega!!!!!!!! *rips out hair*

*30/05/08*

Nicotined up so in a good mood....

this week's episode was... different.... I'm glad that gligar got some airtime, screams what we already know about it evolving soon... Chimchar going completely insane, i can't say i was too fussed about, it was kinda funny, kinda in your face to paul after he left it for being weak, methinks some time after gligar Chimchar may evolve, although there is a chance that it will stay as it is purely becuase chimchar beating pauls electivire in the E4 would be pretty damn classy, even though we pretty much all know it'l be pikachu against electivire...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It really did amuse me how much they focused on Gligar's reaction to Chimchar's outburst. As you said, just screamed "GLIGAR POWER-UP!" moment in the near future. Can't say I'm against the evolution considering how silly Gligar has been acting in this form, but I guess that's probably intended too >>;

As for the episode itself, I loved it quite a bit. Just one of those moments that remind me why I follow the show in the first place. And damn, I love that Chimchar XD

P

PokeRad

And best of all, no Max. :D

Yeah I was really really scared that May's reappearance may mean that irritating git Max.But i am Happy to the power of infinite that he is not there.

And I agree with others .Battle Dimension is a ,well, a weird name for a cartoon series.

I can't really watch the episode locally, I don't even speak japanese. I just turn to youtube so I know the status of the crew. I swear I thought this was when Brock's Croagunk would finally evolve and Brock would really scream his head off during an anti-girl poison jab (those spikes on Toxicroak's hands will keep Brock from even looking at another girl ;)). This is probably the closest Brock has ever been to winning over a nurse joy (so near and yet so far V_V).

...Crasher Wake scares me...

Heh, like that's my whole post. Well, yeah, that episode was kind of weird... Croagunk Festival? Meh, guess that's not the worst, but the first "competition"... What on earth was that all about? I didn't see any differences between the Croagunks (except Meowth, of course). But whatever, it was still (as a whole) fun to watch. And who didn't see Nurse Joy winning? As soon as I saw her Croagunk, I knew she was bound to win.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What on earth was that all about? I didn't see any differences between the Croagunks (except Meowth, of course).

That was kinda the point, though. Everyone else was fangasming over the different Croagunk while Ash and Dawn were just all "lolwut?" XD

I've seen better, but I've seen worse. I'm just glad it was a somewhat Brock-centric episode. As for the next, I hope the focus on the Floatzel/Buizel battle in the trailer doesn't mean we'll be seeing another Buizel-centric Gym match, because as much as I love the thing I'd rather see more variety (maybe Turtwig getting a moment of awesome in?).

I've seen better, but I've seen worse. I'm just glad it was a somewhat Brock-centric episode. As for the next, I hope the focus on the Floatzel/Buizel battle in the trailer doesn't mean we'll be seeing another Buizel-centric Gym match, because as much as I love the thing I'd rather see more variety (maybe Turtwig getting a moment of awesome in?).

Well don't worry! Turtwig and Pikachu got some battling in. Ash definatly wasn't taking any chances after having to battle gym leaders twice to earn badges early on. (would have been better if the same was said for Maylene). I'm saying this because of the type advantages Ash has.

For the upcoming episode, I took one look at a trailer and I knew that the swinub that was rumored to be in the 11th movie (from a youtube video) would be caught by Brock or Dawn in this episode.
P.S. I think it's Brock because of the food it's eating, though you never know.

I think swinum is more suited to Brock than Dawn for a capture, but then again, Brock is getting quite a full roster at the moment, whereas mamoswine's inclusion with swinub is more likely to be seen if Dawn gets swinub as she'll use it more in contests etc, although I honestly don't think mamoswine suits Dawn. Hmmm.

Brock has already had 2 new preevolutions, Dawn has Ambipom, and Ash will be getting Gliscor I'm pretty certain next week, so it'd work well for Brock to have a new evolution just so its a bit balanced. I just can't see Swinub+evos getting any screentime with Brock, short of his swinub using icy wind on him whenever he's chatting up a girl...
Anyone got any good spoilers on whose the swinub is, cause I can see it going either way =/

lol Buizel getting mad at Pikachu is so cute :3

Well, I was a bit disappointed with this battle, but then I was also as disappointed when I actually fought Crasher Wake in-game. There's just something wrong with how his Pokemon are the exact same level as Maylene's. After the intense match in the last gym, this battle seemed very meh. Although its reasonable that Ash played safe, you'd think Wake would give him about as much run for his money as Maylene did, but that's apparently what you get for not having one of the more Pokemon like Lucario in your roster.

Besides that, this episode was once again very Buizel-centric. As much as I also like him, he's had enough attention from the Veilstone Gym battle and the Wallace Cup. I agree with Linkachu that Turtwig should have gotten more screentime considering he's Ash's first Sinnoh Starter captured. (heck, even Chimchar seems to get more focus, although that's mostly because of Ash's rivalry with Paul.)

Concerning the next gym battle, it will be tough to say whose going to be on Ash's roster. Pikachu possibly to counteract Drifblim's second typing. I think Gliscor will defintely be in this time. Knowing Ash, he'd be impressed with the new power that comes with evolution. Hopefully, the third will be Turtwig, although I think its obvious that its more of a physical attacker than a special one, even with Energy Ball and game physics not applying to the anime.

As for the Swinub case, I get the feeling Dawn will probably catch it. If I know one thing the writers like to do, its foreshadowing. The person previously owning a Swinub being Dawn's friend seems to be a foreshadowing of next week's episode. That, and the preview seems to be show only Dawn and her Pokemon actually interacting with it.

I think it's Brock because of the food it's eating, though you never know.

Actually it looks more like Dawn's poffin. Dawn is even shown wearing an apron. Should my theory be correct, this episode is probably going to be a lot like how May caught her Munchlax.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed with RX. Looking at the episode preview, and considering that movie 11 screen shot released ages back, I'm pretty content with the knowledge that Dawn gets/catches this Swinub.

As for the Gym battle... RX pretty much summed up my feelings on it (and the few seconds Turtwig did get in the battle really, really didn't amount to anything >_>). Even the animation quality and music inclusions for this episode wasn't up to par with some of the previous gym battles. But eh. That Buizel-Pikachu high-five scene was still epic and made me squee/giggle.

Looking forward to some Gliscor awesomeness next week :)

Having a poffin-centric episode is enough justification for getting a hungry swinub, I still think that once it evolves it won't really fit with dawn's team particularly, but heck, maybe it won't evolve, swinub i've always thought was pretty damn cute =)

Update: 05/07

Oooh oooh, who didnt see the evolution coming?

I like gliscor, I just wanna see some more variety in Ash's team, betcha they don't give him more pok

Im totally sick of editing my post, totally don't care about double posting right now cause this thread is too dead for my liking!!!! Has noone been following the anime for the past month?!

Last weeks episode was a bit too much "show off practically every pok

So... just with the the english version...

Whoever knew that Lucario is secretly Wolverine?!? I liked the sudo gym battle and the fact that they showcased what Force-Palm looked like.

Sumomo's english VA is a bit meh. I know the dialogue mostly involves stating the obvious, but geez, could she sound any flatter? I do like how Lucario sounds a bit more aggressive in the dub. And Reiji's voice, and his translated name irritates me.

On the Japanese episodes, I totally agree with RLRL, Ash should never ever wear such a thing ever again, especially that horrid blue afro. I know they were cosplaying Fuujin and Raijin but that really gave me the creeps. It was an okay episode, I guess. The Fashion designer that resembled Edna Mode was win :D And I loved the simple and elegant design of Dawn's dress. Lopunny looked pretty cool, although I don't think I'd like Buneary to evolve anytime soon, mostly because I support her unrequited love for Pikachu. But seeing as she evolves with happiness she might not have much of a choice or won't even realize she'll evolve if it ever does happen. On that note, Dawn with a Prinplup would be weird, since I like Pochama's bratty voice.

Update:

The Summer School story arc looks like its gonna be really fun. The whole scenario of Ash actually going to school was pretty wacky. I absolutely lol'd and loved that Ash got a Raichu (a Timid one at that) for his Summer School partner. Dawn's Grimer was also pretty funny, and its apparent Brock should have no trouble making his Magnemite happy. (Just a little foreshadowing theory but a Magnezone for Brock in the future, now that'd be interesting) Jessie and her Smoochum seem out of place though, and its really weird that the kids idolize her. It's also frightening to see how much of an Ash-clone Aoi is, more so when you find out that she's a girl.

(I think this topic is starting to die! Breathe! Breathe!)

And now the four episode long Summer School program comes to a close, It actually would be funny seeing Pikachu evolve after seeing the Raichu Ash took care of in the program. It looks so cute when it sits on a school desk, it's like a giant plush toy! I heard from a certain source that the next episode will be about Team Rocket attempting to change their ways, but we all know it won't happen! ;)

Actually, its more of Team Rocket going back to their old ways. Apparently, they made a lot of profit when they worked at the Summer School so they had a lot of money to spend. Being able to eat luxurious food had somehow made them fat all in the course of one episode, so now they start a rigorous training regimen to lose weight and return to their "cool" selves.

Edit:

Ash finally has a battle with Fantina, and it was very cool. Actually, the animation and music choices for this episode were better than most episodes. It seems Ash's main problem is Fantina's use of Contest-style battle techniques and working around the ever annoying sleep status. I wonder though if they'll modify her roster in the actual fym battle with a Dusknoir in place of Gengar. Either way, it'll be an interesting sight to see in the future.

Edit2:

DP has a rather interesting title for its 100th episode for that season. Entitled "Naetle, Hayashigame...then Dodaitose!" What this means is uncertain, but let's hope Ash's Turtwig will finally be getting some much-needed attention. Also the 99th episode is, as predicted by K-Zone going to involve Aaron of the Elite Four. Also after this week's double feature, we'll finally be meeting Mars, Cyrus and Jupiter.

DP has a rather interesting title for its 100th episode for that season. Entitled "Naetle, Hayashigame...then Dodaitose!" What this means is uncertain, but let's hope Ash's Turtwig will finally be getting some much-needed attention. Also the 99th episode is, as predicted by K-Zone going to involve Aaron of the Elite Four. Also after this week's double feature, we'll finally be meeting Mars, Cyrus and Jupiter.
Yes, the translation is 'Turtwig, Grotle... Torterra!' so Turtwig will be getting attention in this one no doubt, it might even evolve. And now two (excluding Cynthia) of the elite four have been introduced into the anime, which is somewhat of a new thing, usually only one elite appear in each region trip. And if Flint appears in Sunnyshore, then this will be a whole new thing. And finally the question of what color Cyrus's hair is to be answered, I kinda wondered whether his hair was blue like his grunts or it was grey as in the platinum intro.

Edit: When I was watching the two episodes, Cyrus was almost a good guy, until the end of it. But it looks like he has all the pieces he needs, except the red chain. That means we will be seeing galactic next probably at one of the lakes, most likely Acuity.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
(Purposely avoids reading previous posts as she hasn't been able to keep up with the Japanese Anime for weeks)

My god... it finally happened after so long... BRAND NEW JAPANESE INTRO! XD

It's an interesting one to say the least. At first the OP caught me off guard with the childish vocals, but then it gets pretty good when the deeper feminine singer comes in. I can't say the song itself stands out to me as much as some in the past have, but it's a well wanted change from another Together variation. The new animation is pretty nice, too. I always appreciate the memory-style sequences (I actually yelled "MAX!" when I saw it XD), and it's nifty that they added Hunter J and Team Galactic as well.

I guess there's a new ending, too, but I've yet to watch it yet. Even my dial-up connection couldn't keep me from seeing that new OP, tho xp

I do like how Galactic and J have been added to the new OP, but the song in itself is not as catchy as some past variants. The ending song on the other hand is rather adorable.

The recent episodes are quite enjoyable. The Pachirisu Fever episode was cute, showcasing just how important and intelligent Brock is. The Celestic Convention was also cool, but I think Johanna's rival could have been given a it more emphasis and development, though I'm sure a double episode contest is getting to be tiring with the last Contest lasting 3 whole episodes.

The Galactic special was awesome. Cyrus is quite possibly one of the coolest villains to grace the series. He was certainly spot on, with his insane rambling about Dialga and Palkia and even scared Team Rocket a bit there.

Lastly the Licklickily episode. It has given me some newfound respect for Licklickily and it is indeed an adorable Pokemon when you look at it. It also seems this episode is going to get a few AoixAsh shippers some material :p

So far, the series is progressing rather nicely. Now I hope that the Aaron episode this week won't be so predictable.

Well, I have a suspision that one will be about a Scorupi trying to become stronger, it's possible that it belongs to Aaron. And there isn't much else I can say except new pokemon always have a chance of going to one of the gang, hopefully Brock (about time he got a new one, he had the same team from the first time in Hearthome all the way up to now) as I can't predict Dawn with a Drapion, let alone a Scorupi. Although the picture I saw so far looked cute.

And I have to agree with aReX for the licklickily episode, Licklickily is a very cute pokemon for it's size (Now we have a cutie that isn't twice as small as everyone else). And a floating head rest would a very handy piece of equipment for escape in comfort

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Man... They REALLY emphasized the Champion League in that Aaron episode o.o
It wasn't just a casual side note like the E4 have been in the past. They went on about it for a good portion of the episode, even had Ash saying he wanted to compete in that league multiple times... Proper Sinnoh Elite 4 challenge anyone? God I hope so. They really have been focusing on Sinnoh's E4 members a lot this saga, and win or lose those would be some awesome battles to watch.

On another note, I really loved this episode. Yeah, it was horribly predictable, but I'm a sap for these types. Also, RP GIMMICK LOLZ. Aaron being able to understand Bug-types just makes me want to RP around him more. I always liked his look, and I've wanted to bitchslap him for ages for rambling on about how nobody appreciates Bug-types (because I sure do) :3

Also, Turtwig evolves next episode. This I have to see. Grotle looks better than I expected, too. It's rather cute in that episode preview :)

*On break from hell schooling.*

Well, quite a few good episodes they've been churning out!
-The two part Team Galaxy story was awesome, I love how even though Akagi was ever so clearly evil, nobody figured out. And, they actually got the orbs! And at the end, I'm not exactly sure, but I think Akagi hinted at there being another orb to get (Giratina's Platinum Orb, I bet).
-Yuri was quite interesting. I liked her character and background. Hopefully they haven't ditched her yet. (And Oración as BGM was awesome.)
-Summer school arc was awesome. Another tomboy crushing on Ash it's pretty cool. And having her reappear was just cool. And Lickilicky was awesome. And the owner of Lickilicky was hilarious (nice Engurishi on his part, too). XD
-Ryou was cool. Although the episode was a tad cliched, it was great nevertheless. I'm glad they didn't focus on Skorupi trying to get stronger, and eventually succeeding... that's a plot that's just too overused.
-"High Touch" and "Surely Tomorrow" are awesome.
-Turtwig evolving... finally! I want to see Torkoal come back for training, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

It seems Ash's Speed EV Training will be for naught next episode. In the episode preview he explicitly says "Grotle, what happened to your speed?" Though Turtwig isn't the fastest Pokemon, it has been shown to demonstrate extraordinary bursts of speed, like when it fought Reggie's Bibarel. Also Paul duel next episode :p We finally get to see that Honchkrow of his in action.

Turtwig is evolving is great it is about time, and i love the plot of the speed lose, the Lickilicky episode looks funny, with the thing on it's neck letting it fly. i cant wait for the galactic episode to air in English. what episode number is the us on at the moment as the english has today got the tag battle return episode, and we get our episodes daily, has the english anime ever taken over the US anime in airing before because i would like to know if this would happen?

Pretty good episode, in my opinion. Torterra helping Grotle was cool, and I'm glad Shinji wasn't PO'd at it for doing so. And... I didn't quite catch the entire thing, but when Shinji was talking with Takeshi... was it that he is pushed by his brother's success? And I think Reiji doesn't have the Brave Symbol (and I think I heard Takeshi mention it). I don't know, but whatever, enough with my rambling on this episode.

"Rival Trainer Jun Appears" seems awesome. I hope he isn't a CotD. I'm not sure why, but I love his hastiness.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And... I didn't quite catch the entire thing, but when Shinji was talking with Takeshi... was it that he is pushed by his brother's success? And I think Reiji doesn't have the Brave Symbol (and I think I heard Takeshi mention it).

Brock basically told Shinji that he was interested in him as a trainer, then mentioned that he'd met Shinji's brother awhile back. He brought up Reiji's lack of a Brave Symbol then, and Shinji said that after losing the Brave Symbol battle Reiji simply gave up trying. It seems like that single event made Reiji give up the life of a traveling/competing trainer altogether. Shinji seems ashamed of his brother for it and vowed that he wouldn't become the type his brother is (one who just gives up). Another case of Shinji being unable to understand the point of view of others, really xD

Anyways, patience paid off with waiting to watch this episode subbed, and I really liked how Shinji's Torterra took an interest in Ash's new Grotle. It'll be interesting to see where Grotle's training goes from here and what the next attack it learns will be. I guess Frenzy Plant is the Anime's answer to Vine Whip for Torterra, so wouldn't be surprised if Grotle learned it at some point, too.

As for the next, can't wait to see Jun make his grand appear in the series :D If he keeps even a shred of his annoying-ness from the games, he's gonna rock in the Anime. I wonder why they decided to give him an Empoleon, tho... I was hoping he'd at least have something different than Hikari starter's line (and considering Shinji has Torterra, Infernape could've been cool to see). But ah well.

Thanks for explaining! :D

Today's episode was awesome. Jun was pretty funny right away, and just got better as the episode went on. Loving how he's a Shinji fanboy! And Hikari seemed to know of him... and "HI-KA-RI desu!" was hilarious! And maybe she will get a Platinum PokéTch (I hope so), after seeing his? Jun's theme, of sorts, was cool, too. Kojiro remembering and missing Cacnea was pretty cool, I really like Jun bringing back the thought of Cacnea (the part where Meowth/Nyasu dragged him off was funny, too). Satoshi VS Jun was cool, but sorta unrealistic when Roserade finished off Chimchar so fast. Now I'm getting excited for Satoshi VS Melissa, should be good. Her Engurishi is awesome, and from the preview, it seems her battle style will be awesome as well (it was the last time).

And lastly, great to see Grotle added to High Touch. But it's still a Turtwig in Surely Tomorrow. Lol.
And that Electrode from Ookido-hakase's quiz section was huge! o_0

EDIT:
Nobody's posted. XD

Anyways, I liked this Gym battle. Melissa's English (moreso than Engurishi, she had nice pronunciations) was just as awesome as ever, for whatever reason. XD Not just realizing this, but I find it funny Jun is pronounced "June". Pretty cool that Musashi is doing non-Hikari contests, we can't crush Hikari anymore, but Musashi needs more wins (she's not really a "noob" anymore). Her appeal was funny, and I expect her to use it in the next her VS Hikari ep (so Hikari can win). Then again, maybe Musashi learned the first time... I dunno. And this was rather expectable... many have predicted it, anyways. The re-used Melissa footage got incredibly annoying, though... Same exact thing, over and over again. Also, is Magical Leaf called Magical Leaf in Japanese? Because Melissa called it that (not even saying it Majikaru Riifu, or close to that, it was very good English -as usual-). Something tells me Chimchar is fueling Jun's Shinji-fan-ness, as I cannot see any other reason why it has a sudden spotlight. Except, of course, evolution. Will Jun get Chimchar, maybe? After all, that'd complete the DPt starter triangle. (Partner with the weaker Pokémon, rival with stronger one.) It would, after all, make sense... and make Jun happy (it was Shinji's Pokémon once, after all). And... is Jun joining the group? Because he hasn't left, and is present in the next episode (which, by the way, is a seemingly cool Pokémon-got-lost episode). That'd be fine with me, a rival for every episode would be a nice change. I do, however, sort of doubt a permanent stay for Jun... so I'll enjoy him while he lasts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh, I forced my friend (who doesn't really like the Pokemon Anime beyond select Japanese movies) to watch the newest episode with me, and she gawked at Ash's "counter shield" attacks. I did, too. Those looked frelling awesome in battle, and I can imagine all the different uses they'd have (so here's hoping Ash keeps on utilizing them). Really cool battle overall, but I must say... Buizel is getting really overused for Gym matches XD

Fatina's Engrishness was lolz.

The little side-plot of Jessie winning her contest was amusing. The question was never really if she'd enter the Grand Festival, it was how she would enter, and now we know. I'm expecting to see a few more of these random contest challenges from her in future episodes.

Some of these future episode titles sound interesting. Looking forward to 'em ^^

I think one of the more awesome moves in the battle was when Buizel breakdanced while firing water gun, as a Buizel fan, I find that extremely awesome =D Still, I must agree with Linkachu in the fact that Buizel has participated in 3 gym battles already, and with the next gym having Pokemon partially weak to water, I suspect we'll be seeing him again unless some contrived Plot Device benches him for the match. I want to see some epic Grotle action >: o Not to mention Gliscor and Swinub are being fairly useless so far. (Still they are fricking hilarious and adorable respectively.)

I also see a Cresselia Darkrai fight in the near future, and a meeting with Riley. Dare we hope one of our intrepid heroes gets to take a Riolu with them on their journey?

Also Jun seems to be travelling with them now. Me thinks its a test from the writers to see whether or not a 4th member will add any more zest to the group like (or unlike) Max did in Hoenn. Not really looking forward to Jun joining the team, but it would be interesting material if by some strange twist of fate, Ash's token female for Gen 5 will actually take Gym challenges instead of Contests.

Oh and speaking of Contests, I don't know whether to say that Jessie's was awesome or just weird.

And what the heck, one token journey episode and they're already in Canalave? Where's the random annoying character of the day that stops them on their journey for some sort of humorous but otherwise pointless adventure with a token Sinnoh Pokemon to introduce?

Damn, Jun's gone. |O

But I'll live. Anyways, pretty good filler. Meowth was pretty funny in this episode (especially a lot of his faces), I loved his little "I'm done with Rocket-dan" bit. And, honestly, I'm glad it was a fake. Meowth + Satoshi-tachi = no. It screws up everything. Anyways, Canalave/Mio City as a bunch of islands is an interesting idea, I wish it were that way in DPt. Probably an excuse for quicker (and, in my opinion, more interesting... ferries are far too overused) island-hopping. Cresselia VS Darkrai seems awesome, and Rotom looked hilarious. Which makes me wonder... how will they get to Eterna Forest so quickly? I mean, that is, if they do. Either way, the legendary and near-legendary episodes seem epic and funny, respectively.

...Not much else to say. But hey, it was a filler.

EDIT:
Cresselia VS Darkrai was pretty cool, but... what happened to the epic battle? Maybe, though, that was a good thing... it may've sucked. But still, a few collisions and Lunar Dance aren't really good enough to be titlular(sp?). But whatever, not terrible. And now Rocket-dan's Magikarp submarine walks... o_0 Urimoo's (I forget its English name) evolution was random, and High Touch hints it'll evolve again. So, its second major appearance is its evolution?! Lawl. And its third may be another evolution!
Will be watching Yokan & Rotom right after I save this post!

EDIT-2:
Yokan & Rotom was much more pleasing. Piloswine (Inomoo, in Japanese... I had to look up Piloswine and Swinub) and Grotle looked really big at the beginning, and were "pulling a Bayleef". Hikari's fangasming at Ookido-hakase's poems is still quite funny, if you ask me (and she loves them enough, she lifted Piloswine on her back to fangasm!). Yokan look yummy, even if they're purple... and small (the English/French name Old Gateau, basically, Old Cake, made me picture them larger). At first in the Chateau, the Rocket-dan scened were funny. That's what happens when you try to be selfish! In TV, anyways... And while cliched, I actually like that at first only certain people (first Pikachu, then Satoshi/Hikari, then Takeshi) saw Rotom, and the others didn't believe it. And the Rotom changing the fridge when Takeshi wasn't looking... classic, 'twas a nice laugh. Plus, Rotom's friggin' adorable, and really hilarious (especially Cut Forme). Later on, I noticed the entrance hall in the anime Chateau (strangely placed in Canalave/Mio City) was identical in layout to the DPt game version. Yay for Easter eggs! It was weird not seeing the possesion of the appliances, but I assume it would be similar to when it entered the light at the end (and, basically backwards of the exiting appliances scenes). And poor Rocket-dan, they wait forever for yokan, and when they get some, it's rotten... and Satoshi-tachi get freshly made delicious ones. Interestingly, Piloswine didn't evolve, but still... it's in High Touch. Maybe next ep? It seems to be a training episode, anyways, so maybe. Or maybe it was a simple oversight. XD

And Movie 12 looks awesome. At least one new Pokémon, probably Electric-type (there've been numerous rumors), and Arceus. And don't try to tell me that orb of white and yellow wasn't Arceus... it almost certainly is. And... why are the dragon trio attacking it? They're going to (attempt to) destroy their creator?! Odd. Regardless, looks great, and the location is cool... Greece was the perfect 'setting' for this movie.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
(Avoids reading spoilers again)

I'm intrigued by this new movie 12 information, and if they really are planning to reveal a new Pokemon within the next little bit I can't wait to see it, even if it is simply another "Pikachu clone". I still have yet to see this updated trailer, though. Sounds like it's going to be a cool movie.

Piloswine eh, interesting to finally have another disobeying pokémon, I guess they can't be too regular but it still seems a bit late although I do quite like it as a development.

It is kind of weird for Swinub to evolve without even participating in a contest as a Swinub. Still, the upcoming Mamoswine is certainly going to have a wonderful performance, given the proper utilization of its attacks.

With concerns to Rotom, I had no idea the thing was so frelling small. Still, the havoc it wreaked was rather fun to watch.

And concerning movie 12. I hope that this mysterious new Pokemon doesn't turn out to be some horrid little sealed forme of Arceus, or a Gen 5 legendary. On the other hand, we haven't seen a Cute Electric type Legendary. Still, I much rather see Arceus grand debut than that of a Gen 5 Pokemon.

Figures. We now have Manmoo. (But, it was changed to Piloswine in the opening for this ep. Sorta pointless now, but whatever.

I'm loving that it wasn't a one-episode solution. It even seems things have gotten worse with Manmoo! Rocket-dan were great this episode, especially with re-used costumes... one from long ago (as rockers), and one from more recently (the disguise Musashi had on that ship, in that Poké-centered episode earlier in DP). It was funny that they set up such an elaborate training center so quickly, and it wasn't even a trap! Of course, there was one outside... but the actual training place wasn't. Hikari still doesn't seem to match Manmoo very well, though... it just doesn't fit her (I think I heard Takeshi refer to Manmoo with "ore", meaning it's male--random note). But whatever, I'll deal. Finally Glion gets some screen-time, and learns Fire Fang! And it seems Naoshi wasn't forgotten.., Neither was Kengo, but I doubted he would be. I do hope Hikari isn't an idiot, and tries out Manmoo in her next Contest... that's bound to fail.
And as for the next episode, seems OK. Bringing back Hyouta to fight his father seems cool, nice twist of events. But, it does mean Satoshi's match will be postponed even more--which I suppose is fine, these "fillers" certainly weren't terrible. (With Fire Fang, Glion better be in the next Gym match... maybe even the one with Suzuna!)

...Er, I forget Glion's and Manmoo's English names. Aren't they the same, though? XD
EDIT: Thanks Reina Carmen! =D (Such similar names... why even have the change? XD)

Glion is Gliscor and Manmoo is....

*Goes to look it up

Mamoswine ^^

Even though I don't really keep up with the anime anymore, this does sound like an interesting turn of events. I'll wait for (gasp!) dub to see it. I'm too lazy to find the subs even of I did have a clue where they might be.

Wow! I just wasn't expecting it so soon. The big bruiser mammoth was only a Swinub just over a week ago. Now he evolved again! But I still see a little repeat of a previous plot from early in the series. I'm sure true fans will remember back in Kanto when Ash's Charmander evolved into Charmeleon, and eventually Charizard, he became less obediant of his trainer. That seems all too familiar in this one, but it remains to be determined whether this is going to work out the same way.

I wish I could say more, but I unfortunatly don't have much about the Rotom episode. And I didn't quite finish the Cresellia vs. Darkrai episode, so that most of what I know that's new.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And concerning movie 12. I hope that this mysterious new Pokemon doesn't turn out to be some horrid little sealed forme of Arceus, or a Gen 5 legendary. On the other hand, we haven't seen a Cute Electric type Legendary. Still, I much rather see Arceus grand debut than that of a Gen 5 Pokemon.

Serebii's Wednesday news update has people thinking that this "new Electric-type" was actually a play on words, because a recent picture in Coro Coro showed Pikachu and Piplup with an oddly-eared Pichu. Kinda makes me think back to the news about them unveiling a Pokemon that'd be "bigger than Pikachu" ... and it ended up being Munchlax. XP

I'm a bit pissed that Piloswine evolved so quickly, I really don't think Mamoswine is the best contest choice of pokémon for Dawn, and to be honest it seemed far too rushed for my liking. It's a bit like how Brock went from never using his zubat to suddenly using it loads, then it evolved and within a few weeks we had crobat on our hands, do the writers not like the previous "final stage" evolutions when a new generation brings in a further stage?
Gliscor getting some screen time is good, I really want to see Ash use it in more interesting ways. I really want to see a few more pokémon caught as well, I know we ask for this every series, but he really needs to boost his roster a bit, at least in Kanto he caught like 30 tauros!