• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Vampokes

Hyde examined Eren quietly, then looked down at Excalibur. He picked up the small carrier cage and moved it over to Eren's cage. Hyde slowly pushed the small cage up against the bar and opened up the flap. He also opened the small cage door so Excalibur could come out.

Excalibur blindly stood up and stumbled out of the cage, falling flat on his face once he got out.

Hyde moved the small cage away and closed both doors, then left after muttering things to himself.

Eren waited until they could no longer hear Hyde to jump to their paws, getting into a battle stance and bearing their teeth incase whatever Hyde had put in their cage was hostile. Once they realized it was Excalibur, though they didn't know him much at all, they eased up slightly. "Are you alright?"

(I don't remember what Zero was doing, but he's doing this now)
Zero was sitting down away from the bars of the cage, sitting in tense silence. He waited for something to happen. His yellow eyes were focused on the ground. He wanted to be free, to run away and be...normal.
He shook the thoughts from his head. I'll never be out of here! He thought. I'll never escape! And...I'll never be..normal. His heart ached to be free, to feel...alive again.

Eren let out a gentle whimper, allowing their fur to settle slightly. "Z-Zero?" They called out. "Are you feeling funny? I think he put something in this guy's...... food.... Maybe he put it in ours as well?"
The Growlithe's deep blue eyes never left Excalibur, catious and full of fear. They hadn't come into close contact with someone of who shared their..... 'condition' before.

Excalibur's ears pressed against his head. Who was Zero? The Eevee was rarely awake, Hyde used to think that he was dead when he didn't come out in the day. This was a rare occasion to see the Shiny Vampoke awake and not drowsy. Excalibur examined Eren quietly, backing up slightly. He was confused as to why Hyde has put him in here with another Vampoke.

Eren's nose twitched as they sniffed at Excalibur, tilting their head slightly. "You're not going to..... attack me or anything, right?" The Growlithe asked carefully. Their hind leg twitched as an itch began to bother them, but they ignored it for the time being. (Trying to make Eren seem like a realistic animal X3 )

(It's working! :3)

Excalibur crouched low to the ground "Why would I want to hurt you? We're in the same side here. We all want to escape. There's no reason to fight" Excalibur replied, scanning the room to try and find some way to escape.

(Thank you XP )

Eren pursed their lips together. "I'm only eighty percent sure of what you just said, (deaf in one ear, remember? XD ) but I am choosing to trust you anyways." The Growlithe stated, relaxing their stance and giving a warm smile. They sat down and lifted their hind leg, scratching at the itch behind their ear that had been bothering them.

(No problemo!)

Excalibur's eyes lit up "Found one!" He exclaimed, scrambling up the tree and smiling at the dent in the bars, just big enough for him and Eren to fit though.

Eren tilted their head and froze mid-itch, watching Excalibur as he ran. "Found what?" They asked, finishing itching and setting their leg down. The Growlithe got to their paws and ran after the Eevee, struggling to get up the tree slightly.

Eren's ears perked. "Thank you..... I haven't seen it, since I don't really have...." They looked down sadly at their paws, pinning their ears back. They then shook their head and looked at the dent. "You wanna go through first?"

Excalibur gave Eren an enthusiastic nod, then pushed his head though the dent, followed by his body. Excalibur quietly jumped down but his claws scraped the tiles, making him cringe slightly. He looked back up at Eren with an encouraging look "Your turn!" He called up quietly.

Eren whimpered, forcing their head through the dent, looking down. They managed to hold in a yelp and tried to pull themself backwards. They halted, closing their eyes and gathering the courage they needed. Eren then squeezed themself through the dent, leaping and landing on the floor in a furry mass, making a 'thump' sound.

Excalibur cringed and scampered over to Eren, placing a paw over Eren's forehead, but because he was blind in one eye, his paw was placed on Eren's ear. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly.

"Eh?" Eren asked a bit loudly, unable to hear very well as their good ear was being covered. The Growlithe twitched it's paws and limbs, testing to make sure nothing was hurt.

Zero listened carefully to them. He headed to the bars. "You guys got out?" He asked in a very low whisper. The last thing he wanted was Hyde to come down and catch them in their escape.

Eren gently moved Excalibur's paw and got to their feet, shaking out their pelt. Their ears perked when they heard Zero speak. "Yeah, we did," the Growlithe murmured back, looking around in attempt to locate him. "Want me to see if I can help you out too?"

"Er...sure." Zero answered nervously. He looked around with a precise yellow eye. He had great sight, despite having one eye covered by an eyepatch. He spotted a small dent in the lower left corner of the cage. He tried to stretch it further, using almost all of his strength...
And it hardly budged.

Eren sat there for a moment before releasing a small fireball from their mouth, hitting the dent. They hopped to make it weaker by melting it. The Growlithe immediately hit it as hard as they could with their paw.

The dent stretched wider, just enough for Zero to slip through. But before the Zangoose fled, he rushed back to the small den, grabbing the amulet and creating a primitive decoy of himself before running back and slipping silently out of the cage. He thanked Eren with a swift nod.
"We should get the others out, too."

Eren nodded gently. They stared up at Zero for a long moment, an unreadable emotion in their eye, before looking at the ground and nodding more heavily. They then turned and looked at the other cages.

"I know an easier way of doing this" Excalibur muttered, running over to the desk and climbing ontop. "I've seen you use this button before, to open all the cages Hyde" Excalibur muttered under his shaky breath. He pressed the button and cringed when he heard all the cell doors fling open with a loud bang.

Zero jumped at the noise. Let's hope Hyde didn't hear that! The strange Zangoose thought. He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head, flattening his ears. He just hoped they could make it out with ease, and without being caught...
but what if they escaped, and were found in the wild?
Zero shook the thought from his head. From where we are going, Hyde won't find us...right?

Eren let out a yelp of surprise at the sound of the cages opening. They looked around frantically, trying to stay close to Zero and Excalibur at the same time. They were recieving flashbacks to the puppy mill, covering their ears with their paws.

Excalibur turned around and looked over at Eren and Zero. He slowly made his way over to Eren and placed a paw on his head. "Eren? Are you alright?" The Vampoke questioned, gently rubbing Eren's head.

Eren let out a long, quiet whine. They didn't hear Excalibur, but understood the message. "I-I'm fine....," they whimpered. "I-I'm just..... remembering bad things...." They looked at the rainbow bracelet around their leg and smiled gently.

Zero gently lay a paw on Eren's shoulder. "It's going to be okay," He murmured. "We'll get out of here soon." Despite his words, the Zangoose felt a thorn of doubt pierce him.
What if we don't?

Eren looked up at Zero, flinching slightly when his paw touched their shoulder. (People and/or animals who have been attacked/abused will flinch often. ;-; ) They nodded gently, straightening themself out. "We should help the others before Hyde returns," They murmured.