• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Vampokes

The only people allowed to post in this thread is: @Galaxy Sylveon, @LonelyLapras, @Hisseki, @Twilight Nova, @Vulpine_Eclipse, @Anchiale, @Meepy and @JohnsonAce. NOTE: @JohnsonAce, before you post anything on this thread, please fill out your bio in the discussion thread, everybody else, proceed!

Vampokes. Pokèmon who are normal in the day, but in the night, they are blood-thirsty killing machines (Not really). There were rumors about these things entering people's homes and draining the life out of pokèmon and trainers. Some say they have seen a Vampoke. Some say they are fake. Some say that if you believe, then they will become real. Most people ignore it. Vampokes is not something that can be passed around by a bite. A Vampoke is born like that because their mother was ill or fed the wrong stuff while they were getting produced. But every Vampoke has something in common, something that makes them stand out. Yes, they have sharp fangs, but it's not that. They are normally a lighter shade of colour, even if they are a shiny. Some are born with one blind eye and some are born mute. Vampokes are efficency weaker in battles, but they have one move that will end the battle right away- Blood Drain. Vampokes cannot turn into a bat or fly. They haunt many children's dreams. A man that goes by the name of Hyde is capturing these Vampokes and experimenting on them.

Let's begin! Here's the discussion thread if you have forgotten the rules or the other characters!: http://pokecharms.com/threads/vampokes-discussion-thread.14734/#post-327821

Turning to stare out of his cage, Excalibur glared at many injections that was placed on a table, just out of his reach. The man that caged him up was nowhere in sight. Excalibur was in a cage with fake trees, vines, grass and a small lake with water in it. He normally stayed in a hole in a fake tree, where a soft blanket was placed just for him. There were multiple cages, all of the same size that was placed everywhere in the gigantic room. Every cage was separated by a gap that two men could fit into, shoulder to shoulder. Excalibur meekly pawed at his shock collar and then looked over at the cage door. He then looked over at the cage to his right and noticed another pokèmon in it.

Cadence looked around, metal bars surrounded him. It wasnt dark, thankfully, but another pokemon sat around in a cage, similar to his. "Hello, Anyone there?." she said out loud, wondering if someone would respond. Meanwhile, she slashed at the unyielding collar a few times without success. She sighed and looked at the 'ceiling'

Zero was curled up in his cage, somewhat away from most others. His cloak acted as a blanket to cover him. His cage was one to resemble a forest; filled with fake trees, a tiny stream, and a cave witha tunnel leading to it, where he usually slept.
The Zangoose remained silent as he had for hours, days even. If another Pokemon tried to speak with him, he often communicated without words. Only few have heard his voice, and they died years ago.

Eren was attempting to dig their way out of their cage, but their paws were too sore to get even an inch deep, so they gave up. The Growlithe shook out their pelt before looking around. "Anybody there?" Eren called out, walking the the edge of their cage. They stopped, looking down at the tight bracelet on their foreleg. Eren smiled at the memory of Sobi (the Serperior that raised them) making the bracelet for them, tying it with her vines so it'd stay on for a long while. Eren then pinned their ears back when they remembered that they wouldn't see her again.

In the back of Her Cage, Vic slept, dreaming of freedom with her former masters. She missed them, but she knew she could never go back. Her masters had given her up for money.Vic woke up and started to do her usual routine of Clawing the cage bars in case she could use her sharp claws to get out. She tried to retract her claws but she couldn't. The Evil man must have cut them while she was asleep. "Dang it! How the heck am I suppose to get out now?" She had nothing else to do so she went back to her "Cave" of blankets she had hidden way in the back of her cage. Her cage was rather large, but it wasn't very cozy.

After a quick nap, Vic woke up again to see if she have nay luck in trying to escape. "Maybe I could...." Vic stopped when she heard a voice go "Hello? Anyone There?". The voice startled the Purrloin and made her jump a little. She knew there were other cages but she just though the other Pokemon weren't even trying to escape like she was. "I wonder if that Pokemon wants to escape. If we get out of this prison, maybe that Pokemon and I could work together"....

Vic didn't responded to the Pokemon and went tot he front of her cage to find some food. It wasn't as nice as what she was use to being fed, but it would do. Vic ate the food and surprisingly, it tasted pretty good. Vic ate most of it and pushed the bowl to the back of her cage. If Vic couldn't get the cage open, which was always, she would try to get the collar she was wearing off. Vic ws use to a shiny emerald Collar, Not a ugly, Bulky collar. She tried to get the collar off, but to no prevail.

During when she was getting the collar off Vic had a thought that maybe she should call out and see if any Pokemon would answer. If not, Vic had no allies after the other Pokemon and herself got out. "He....Hello? I was wondering if anyone else was there?" Vic quietly spoke. She went back to her blanket cave waiting for either a response or the evil man to inject her with sharp needles and experiment on her.

Lily woke up, in a rather good mood. Rising to the bright metal sun of bars, she pawed at the vines for a bit before hearing a feline call out, likely a Purrloin. She called back, full of enthusiasm. "Mhm. Plenty here. Look outside, kitty. Whatcha doing, if not napping?" Still in a wondrous mood for her dark humor, she looked outside her cage. Yep, Purrloin she thought and Purrloin it was. Turning on her paws, she went into her built-in cave and began digging. She knew there'd probably be metal, but she wanted to see it with her own eyes. And she certainly didn't want to escape. No, that thought lingered at the back of her mind, but she'd never dare try. After all, she had known the scientist her whole life as a father figure and couldn't think of life without him.

Zero twitched an ear and pulled back his hood. He got up, stretched, and winced; a couple days ago, he'd pulled a muscle in his back, and he stressed it with his stretch. He looked around and sighed. "At least we're alive and somewhere, instead of near death, alone, and lost where no one can hear us." He murmured, half to himself.
Most thought this Zangoose had been mute, but he just rarely ever spoke.

Eren couldn't help but laugh at the conversation unfolding before them. It was just a short chuckle, but it was louder than they intended. "Without freedom, good sir, life is meaningless," they stated, sticking their head through the bars of their cage to pinpoint the individuals who had spoken. Eren looked up for a moment. "Any Flying Types in here? We could get up to those vents real easy if there were."

The Zangoose let out a short growl at Eren, but remained quiet; he couldn't help but agree. He suddenly hissed at the bars and slashed at them with his sharp claws, but it only made a horrid noise, like metal against metal. He couldn't take being here anymore.
He charged at the bars, wincing when he injured himself.

Eren jumped at the sound of Zero's claws against the bars. They let out a loud yelp of surprise, hitting their head against one of the bars of their own cage. The Growlithe pinned their ears back in embarrassment. I
always was the jumpy one of the litter. Sobi said it'd come in handy, though.

"I'll never see them again..." Zero whispered shakily. "All because...because I'm a monster. All because of him!" He scratched at the bars again, trying hard to escape. "I'll die here...and I won't ever see their faces again...they're gone..."
Suddenly the scratching stopped. It dropped to an eerie silence in Zero's cage. (I like how I said Zero hardly ever spoke
Yet, here he is, talking all the time.
GENIOUS)

(XD)
Eren growled as they tried to twist their head so they could remove it from between the bars. "Hey, buddy! I'm pretty sure the others have people on the outside who love them too, so don't get all shook (Eren you living meme) about it!" They snapped. The Growlithe soon realized he may have came off as a bit harsh. "You know what? I promise you I'll get you all to your families again." (Eren nO)

Zero didn't respond. "You may think I'm a fool..." He muttered. "But you should know that my father was one I never got to know, my mother died right when I was born...and now I'm stuck here. I feel like I made a mistake..." He trailed off, before slipping into the small cave and curling into the tight space.
He pulled his hood over his head again. (Zero, calm pls)

Eren finally managed to pull their head out, landing on their rear with a little 'Oof!' They looked over at Zero's cage with a look of sympathy in their eyes. "I've lost everyone close to me. I know how you feel." The Growlithe got to their paws and shook out their pelt. "My name is Eren. If you can't see from your cage, I'm a Growlithe. (Because discrimination happens with types and stuff) And you?"

The Zangoose slipped out of the cave. "A...Zangoose. The name's Zero A'raas." He murmured. His yellow eye glowed brightly, the other under the eyepatch hidden. He finally pulled back his hood. "Things have been harsh on all of us." He admitted. He managed to squeeze his head past the bars.
He was..unusually thin, for a Zangoose anyways.

The mimikyu laid down on the soft "grass" as she heard everyone's coversations ring out around the room. "Can you guys shut up already?" She shouted aloud, and then pondered a bit about what they said. "'Sides, I deserve to be where I currently am, anyways." Cadence talked along, She kind of hurt her own feelings.. She shuffled along into the small cave under the odd 'tree'. and quietly mumbled to herself.

Eren growled at the mimikyu, barking angrily, "Well, some of us are innocent! And I'll shut up when I want." (Sass) They then looked at Zero. They squeezed their head back through the bars to get a better look. "Are you..... are you like me...? Do you.... y'know..... drain the life from other living things?" They asked quietly. They shuffled their paws nervously, hoping they didn't just scare away a possible friend.

Zero stared at Eren. "You mean...I'm not the only one?" The Zangoose responded quietly, with a quick glare at the Mimikyu's cage. His torn ears were pricked up with interest. (Cat-like Zangoose, m8 XD )

(XP)
Eren let out a sigh of relief. "I thought I was too!" They laughed gently. "Now I don't feel as guilty....." The Growlithe lifted a paw to rub their tired eyes, one at a time. They eyed their bracelet. It was making them have a terrible itch. Eren turned their attention back to Zero. "Do you know why it happens? Or..... or if we can get rid of it?"

The Zangoose shook his head. "Nope. I have no clue." He sighed. He was also exhausted, staying up for hours, until finally falling asleep. He'd never gotten proper sleep since...
Since he arrived.

Eren pulled their head out from between the bars, stretching out their limbs. They wanted to ask Zero another question, but they felt it'd be too personal. They shook out their fur, itching at their pale orange neck with a hind leg. The Growlithe sighed. "Even if I do make it out, I have nothing to go back to. No one. Oh, Sobi, why did you have to leave me alone?"

"Neither do I. All I have is myself from now on." Zero sighed as he slipped his head past the bars. He curled up in his cave, falling asleep. It was about time he had some rest, too.

Eren sighed, laying down on the ground of their cage. They opened their maw in a large yawn, laying their head down for what they hoped to be just a quick nap. Eren let exhaustion take them over as they slipped into a light sleep.

Cadence furiously lashed at the bars in the direction of the growlithe's voice, he dragged his claw against the metal bars, slowly, making a horrid screeching sound, After realising his efforts were useless, he dove back into the 'burrow' and shouted a few inaudible things before letting himself fall asleep.

(gotta go in about 4 mins! see you guys, might make one more reply.)

Excalibur quietly listened to a conversation unfold. He gazed around for the sources of the voices, but could see none. "I guess having one functioning eye is a curse sometimes" He muttered, popping down on the ground and pawing at the metal bars.

Much like what seemed to be many of the other cages, near the center of the ginormous room sat one with a forest theme, but this one housed a large tree, a hole near the bottom just big enough to fit a small something through. Good thing its patron was small enough, huh? He now sat at the top of the tiny waterfall, feet dipped inside the chilling depths, enjoying himself as much as he could in his prison, which he saw as too small.

He could hear voices. Grey eyes flicking up towards the bars of his cage, what could possibly be the only living male Steenee lifted his lip up in a snarl, ready to break free from his cage and cause some havoc. Even though he was only brought here recently, Sterling felt like he'd already spent enough time in the room, in this jail.

Weakly, he sent a Razor Leaf to the far side of the cage, watching with a bored expression as they clanked against the bars, falling to the floor as the most normal leaves he'd ever seen. Not one made it out, through the bars. With a sigh, Sterling laid back, feet still in the water.

"Same," he replied to the voice that last spoke, that said something about being alone, a bit too late for his own liking. Eyes now closed, the Steenee tried to fall asleep after a long day of doing mostly nothing. "It's been that way for a long while."

(Who is going to be Hyde?)

Eren was jolted from their light sleep. (You know when you like suddenly jump and you're suddenly awake and you don't know why? That's what happened XD) "It wasn't me....," they murmured, opening their maw in a massive yawn. The Growlithe got to their paws, shaking out their fur once more. "Who all is out there? I know there's Zero, but who else?" They called out, looking around.

(Me, obviously)

The red haired man strolled in and pulled a leaver. A pokemon (of your choice) fell into the cages. "Meal time my lovely little Vampokes~" Hyde teased, strolling over to Excalibur's cage and picking up an injection. "See this my Eevee friend? We're gonna find out why you're like this, like everyday and if you don't cooperate-" the male paused and pulled up a remote with a red button. Above the button was a piece of white tape with the name 'Excalibur' written on it. "-Well, let's just say you're gonna have a bad time".

Excalibur shuddered and back away, then turned and stared at the pokèmon that was dropped in. The Eevee Vampoke enjoyed draining the blood from fire types, so for this unfortunate Vulpix, it will die soon.

(OOC: Was... was that a reference? *dies of happiness*)

BIC:
"Sup?" Sterling called out into the room, hearing his voice echo slightly in the space around him. "Name's Sterling. I'm here, too, so that's cool, I guess." He heard something drop down into his cage with a quiet thud. Opening one eye, he watched his prey closely- a fat Dedenne, which sniffed around in the grass of his cell. Licking his lips, the Steenee's eyes grew darker, nearly black, as he rolled onto his stomach, staying low so the Electric-type didn't suspect anything. Once it had its back turned, he leapt forward, fangs sinking deeply into its back with a terrible precision.

As he consumed the blood of his victim, he kept the conversation with the others going. "Just got here recently. You?" he asked, a hum of happiness escaping from him shortly afterward. Man, this tasted really good!

(Hyde is so cweepy
I LOVE IT)

Eren jumped slightly when a Rattata fell into their cage. The Growlithe let out a guilty whimper, pinning their ears back. They watched Hyde carefully as they circled the Normal type, trying not to let their paws shake. Eren tackled the Rattata, covering its mouth in an attempt to make sure it didn't cry out. It bit their paw, but Eren didn't flinch. They sank their teeth into the Rattata's neck, not letting go until it was drained of its life.

(Hehehe.....maybe it was~)

Hyde titled his head at the door, witch a loud clatter echoed though. He cursed under his breath and ran out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Excalibur advanced towards the Vulpix who was cowering in the shallow edge of the lake. He leaped at it and sunk his fangs into the creatures' neck, draining to sweet, warm blood that he was craving for the whole day. When Excalibur ripped his fangs out, the Vulpix turned into a pile of dust and landed outside of his cage.

Eren let out a guilty whimper. "I don't want to do this. I don't want to kill other living beings to survive..... I understand the natural 'predator and prey,' but..... I don't want to do it this way....," They whined gently, mostly to themself. Eren padded over to the edge of their cage, leaning against it.

Zero woke to the sound of something in his cage. He growled and crawled out of the cage. He saw what it was; a Fletchling. Zero grinned horribly and headed towards the bird, towering over it. It stared in fear and tried to fly away, but Zero caught it easily and drove his fangs straight into it's side, draining all of it's blood.
It lay limp and cold now. The Zangoose tossed away it's body, a few feather landing near him. A small bit of blood dripped down the Fletchling's body, what Zero hadn't gotten to. But he didn't care.
He decided that now that he was up, he'd might as well speak to anyone.

Eren shuddered after watching their fellow Vampokes tear into the smaller Pokémon. They stood on their hind legs and placed their front paws on the bars, sniffing at the air. Eren kept their eyes focused on the ceiling of their cage, tilting their head slightly. Suddenly, the Growlith released a small ball of fire, (Ember) and watched as it hit the ceiling of their cage. They were trying to see what it was made of.

Cadence started at the swablu for a bit, and then charged, and tackled them and used blood drain, leaving a bit of a red pool at the scene. Cadence skulked back into the burrow as he heard everyone start to get up again, he dove into the burrow and dragged the swablu with him, and threw it back out, since it took up most of the space in the hole, and afterwards, he slept.

A smile crept into Lily's face as she spotted her target. The blood-rich Lilipup had made it's way to her cage, and it was going to pay for it's mistake. Not even thinking, she instantly dug her teeth into it to release blood and began sucking, leaving a bit so that the lake turned a lovely crimson red. She tossed the body in, calling after it, "Have a nice swim!"

Excalibur leaped up onto the tree branch and watched as the other Vampokes devoured their prey. He stared at the door, something tugging at his heart, something that wanted to get out of this horrid place. He roared and stared down at the injections with a predatory glare. "How dare he?!" The Eevee roared again, realising that Hyde had injected his Vulpix prey with some drug, witch affected the Eevee a ton. He might of been immune to falling asleep, but be was still drugged, making his thoughts and actions fuzzy.

Eren let out a loud involuntary whine at the brutality of their fellow prisoners. They tried climbing to get closer to the ceiling of their cage, reaching out a desperate paw to reach it. Suddenly, their paw slipped, and they fell to the ground of their cage with a loud thud. Eren yelped in alarm and slight pain. They sighed, giving up their efforts.
(Sorry quick revive ;-; )

(Hehe. Alright)

Excalibur swayed as his vision blurred. He didn't notice Hyde walking in. He didn't notice that he was out of his cage. All he knew was that he was drugged and 'paralysed'.

Hyde shoved the Eevee down in a small carrier cage and scanned the room. "Let's see how you do with another Vampoke. Never tried this before" He told the Eevee, who's head bobbed around as he tried to look around.

Eren's ears perked at the sound of Hyde's voice. They quickly pretended to be asleep, closing their eyes and relaxing their muscles. They couldn't stop their nose from twitching as he smelled the air, though. The Growlithe waited in tense silence for what would happen next.