• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Unova RP

OOC: I'm back!

BIC: "Well, now that we had that dealed with Sky. Hey, Shaun, how're you going to call your parents for the boat?" said Kaysi.

OOC:(Yay!)

BIC:
"Yeah. Hey, look at all that food! You guys have so much of it! We mostly only ate berries that grew in the forest. There's a variety, but there's a lot of Pokemon there, so we never get many, combined with the humans that just take the berries whenever they want."

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that Sky. Here you go, this is my specialty Pokemon food. I made it myself." Kaysi said as she gave Sky a bowl filled with food. "All my Pokemon love it, so I hope you will too!"

Sky nibbled a bit, and then started to tuck into it. "Man, this amazing! You made it yourself?" She asked, mouth full of food.

"Yeah! I knew you would love it!" Kaysi said, excited to see that Sky enjoyed her cooking skills. "Yeah, I made it myself. I make it out of my own home-grown berries!" Kaysi responded to Sky's question.

"Which ones? I've had several different combinations, but never like this. Is there some sort of human thing in here too?"

"Well, I just mixed some Oran Berries and Sitrus Berries, but I pick out the most ripe. And, I wanted to make them taste sweet, so I put some cinnamon, vanilla extract, and butterscotch." Kaysi explained. "I like eating them myself as well." Kaysi said as she grabbed one from a little bag and than ate it.

"Oh. Right." Sky finished eating the food, grinned, and rolled over in the grass, very tired. She closed her eyes, and started to drift off to sleep.

"Aww. Sky is just too adorable." thought Kaysi. Kaysi than gently picked up Sky and put her in her bag. "Welp, Shaun let's go ahead and go to the boat dock." Kaysi said as she grabbed Shaun's hand, again, and they went walking all the way to the boat dock.

"It's OK," Kaysi whispered, "we're just going to the boat docks." Kaysi than got one of her blankets and wrapped it around Sky, Kaysi also gave Sky a pillow.

Curled up, Sky felt the blanket fall over her, and her head put onto a cushion, and she sighed. She really does care about me.

Shaun pondered how to get to Castelia the entire time. He had his XTranciever, but it would still take a while for them to get the boat to the dock. But better to call now then later, and be waiting even longer, he thought. "I have my XTranciever, and I can just use that to call them. It will still take them a while for someone to arrive, though. If you guys are tired, you can lay down while I call them and I'll watch out for the boat." He said, smiling.

"I'm fine with waiting, and Sky is already sleeping." Kaysi said. "So that's an XTranciever? It looks really cool! What do your parents do anyways?" asked Kaysi.

Shaun smiled and began explaining. "Well, my dad is an archaeologist. He sells his findings for a lot of money to the Pokemon league, and he sells the useful stuff to trainers. My mom is a scientist- she is working on a wide array of projects, and they both get payed much for what they do. It's pretty amazing, and it's given me and my sister a good life. What about yours?"

"Well, my dad works in the same company that makes the XTransciever, but he is only an office worker. And my mom..." after saying "mom" Kaysi just went quiet and started tearing up. She than started crying softly.

Shaun listened until she started tearing up, and he was quickly worried. "Kaysi? Are you okay?" He asked, not knowing what it was, but he walked over to her and sat down by her. He gave her a hug and pulled her into him. "H-hey, Kaysi, it's okay... Shhh, it's fine." Whatever it was bothering her, it was about her mom.

"I'm so sorry." Kaysi said still sobbing a little bit. "You know, lets just change the subject." Kaysi said as she wiped her eyes to get rid of all the tears. "Do you know when the boat will come here?" asked Kaysi.

Shaun had a look of worry still on his face, but decided against reaching for any information. He let go of her and scooted over a bit. "They said about thirty minutes. I think they are sending one of the company boats, so it should be pretty fast." He smiled as his Azurill woke up, it had fallen asleep. It hopped over to Shaun and nuzzled into his lap. "Haha, go to sleep already, Poppins." The Azurill stood up and stuck a tongue out at him. It then lied down again. Shaun just sighed.

"Really? You sure are amazing Shaun." Kaysi said. "You know what, Shaun? I'm going to take your offer, and rest for a little bit." Kaysi than put her head on Shaun's shoulder, staring at the forest where they just came from. "You know, we may have had a bad experience there, but it looks so pretty." Kaysi said.

Shaun smiled when Kaysi rested her head on his shoulder, and nodded as she spoke. "Thanks Kaysi, but after this I won't be using my parents to get anything, unless there is an emergency. I'm sure you know this, but I think I am realizing that money isn't really everything. To be honest, I am thankful that I have money, I wouldn't be here today, with you, with these amazing pokemon." He smiled as he looked into the forest. The Azurill was fast asleep, enjoying the night.

"Well that's a good lesson to learn." commented Kaysi. "Life may seem difficult for some, but it doesn't matter what life dishes out at us, because we use those experiences to shape who we are today." It was getting dark, so Kaysi got up from her seat. "Hey Shaun, I hope you don't mind, but would you be willing to do me a favor?" asked Kaysi.

Nito Finished with the Gym Battle, Went over to the PokeCenter, Then Went back to walking around Waiting for Kaysi and Shaun, "Their Still not Here? Something's Keeping them Occupied, Might as well Buy some Super Potions to Annoy Kaysi next time we battle!"

Shaun looked over and smiled at Kaysi, nodding. "Sure. Anything you need. What is it?" He asked, looking at her then back to the forest, seeing the eyes of pokemon wander and roam, and the puddles sparkling from the stars.

Shaun looked at the boat and saw a large J on the side of it, surrounded by a Golden Shield. He could barely see the driver, but he could tell it was a girl. "Yes, that's ours. And it looks like it is one of my mother's aids. She is still a minute or two away-what did you want to ask?" He said as he pulled out a pokeball and put Azurill away. He looked at the oncoming aid, wondering how in the world she learned to operate a boat."

"Okay, sure." Shaun smiled as he walked to the dock and hopped on the boat, bringing Kaysi with him. He looked over the driver and smiled, even though he had no idea who it was. "Hello, I am Shaun and this is my friend, Kaysi. What is your name?" He greeted the Aid.

"I'm Jaine Carson. Nice to meet you, sir, Ma'am. You two can sit in the back, if you wish. It is weather protected, and it has some food." The Maid smiled, Pressing a button to open the door to the room.

Shaun smiled and shook the aid's hand. "Nice to meet you, Jaine. Thank you." He said as he brought Kaysi into the back. The instant the door was closed he sighed. "Wow. I hate talking like that. I'm polite, but That just sounded monotone..." He said as he opened a cabinet and got out food for Kaysi and her pokemon, and some for his. He got out all of his pokemon and put food in front of them. "Eat up, this adventure has only begun!" He said to the pokemon, and then turned to Kaysi. "Okay, What did you need?" He smiled.

"This boat is amazing!" Kaysi exclaimed. "And, thank you for the food!" Shaun did asked Kaysi what she needed. "Well, I was wondering if you could spar with me? You see my father and I did martial arts every night, he was actually my sensei. And I just want to keep that tradition." Kaysi responded. "Please." Kaysi said with puppy dog eyes.

Shaun was slightly shocked at her request to spar, but if it was tradition, then why would he say no? "Okay, sure! But, I have never taken any training from anybody, so, Don't be surprised if you kick my butt!" He laughed. He stood up and stretched a bit before their Spar.

"All right! Thank you!" Kaysi exclaimed. She grabbed her backpack and went into the bathroom and said, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on my gi." She went into the bathroom and when she got out and had her gi on, plus a ponytail. "So, Shaun since you're new to all of this, I'll show you the basics," Kaysi told Shaun. "Oh, I also have an extra gi, if you want to wear it."

After Buying about 10 Super Potions, He went back to Training His Party, With Dracoss Becoming Stronger with his Totally not Gary-Approved Moveset, Letting his Dracoss Play Her Pink DS, And Relaxing for Awhile, Then Going Back to Train.

Shaun shook his head sideways. "No, I am fine, I don't need a gi. But it would be nice for you to show me some basics." He replied and tried to get into some sort of a stance, with one leg before the other, both of his hands in front of his chest in a fist position. "Is this right?"

"That stance is alright, I on the other hand do another one." Kaysi was in a position in which her legs were spread apart and of her hand were in front of her and the other one was in the back. "This is called the Gong Bu stance, it's the one I feel more comfortable using." Kaysi explained her stance. "Now, let the training began!" Kaysi exclaimed. All the way during their trip, Kaysi was teaching Shaun as much as she could about martial arts.

Then the boat finally arrived at Castelia City. "Well Shaun, that's enough for now, we finally arrived." Kaysi said. She than looked out of her window, only to see all the city lights shining during the night. "Wow, this city is so pretty!" exclaimed Kaysi. The boat than finally arrived at the dock at Castelia City.

Last edited:
Nito Noticed the Ship Pull up and Ran to GReet them, "Took your Sweet Time Guys!, I do have to thank you for Giving me time to Beat this Gym!" He said, Handing 3 Revives, "There incase your Pokemon Faint."

Shaun was sweating profusely at the end of the training, and as they walked out of the boat, they were greeted by the trainer that fought Team Plasma with them. "Oh, Hi, you must be Nito. We didn't get to speak before, but I am Shaun. Nice to meet you." He smiled as he held out his hand for Nito to shake.

Sky than popped out of the bag, asking where they were, and Kaysi responded by saying, "We're at Castelia City. One of the or the biggest city in Unova."