• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Twitter!

Hi guys! You all know about Twitter, right? It's that social networking site where you post dumb little sentences about what's going on in your life. Not the most exciting site in the world, but it seems to be popular.

So because of its surprising popularity, I thought it might be a good idea to try and connect Twitter and Pokécharms.

It'd be fun, y'know?

There's a function on here called Twitter Lists, where you can make lists of people that belong to certain groups, like a Pokécharms list. Dunno what that does or what it means, but we could make one!

So we can all post our Twitter accounts here, and we can follow each other for fun.

This was a topic previously on Pokécharms a while ago, but I don't know how successful it ended up being.

Let's give it another shot!

Also; Here's my Twitter page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Huh. I haven't used Twitter in ages, but I do use Facebook. I've noticed that some people have their Twitter accounts attached to their Facebook, too, but I'm not quite sure how it works. A designated Charms group sounds like fun, tho, so if we do create one I might add Twitter back into my bookmarks. XD

Either way, can't remember my account ID offhand, so I'll get back to you on that.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
You add the Twitter app on facebook to link them. All you have to do is log into your twitter account in the application, and whenever you update twitter from then on it'll send it to your facebook page too. =D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Prof. Cinders said:
You add the Twitter app on facebook to link them. All you have to do is log into your twitter account in the application, and whenever you update twitter from then on it'll send it to your facebook page too. =D

Cool. Thanks Rach. ^^

Any chance there's a reverse app that posts Facebook comments on Twitter? XD

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu said:
Prof. Cinders said:

Cool. Thanks Rach. ^^

You can get Facebook to do it itself - at least, you can for pages. I haven't tried for normal profiles so I'm not so sure there... But try looking under the same area of settings where you can set up phone notifications. ~Alex.

Linkachu said:
Prof. Cinders said:

Cool. Thanks Rach. ^^

I know of a program that lets you use twitter and facebook and once and when ever you use update one on it it does the other as well (facebook to twitter, twitter to facebook) I think it was called tweetdeck or something.

Twitter

I think this is the most fitting board for a thread like this.

I recently decided to revive/update my Twitter account, mostly because of the sheer heck of it, keeping up with my favourite Machinimators and peer pressure from family members.

Since there hasn't been a thread about this subject as of yet; do any of you regulars have a Twitter account, and how often do you actually use it? Additionally, what are your general thoughts on this website?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Twitter

@UppityTeapot, and I use it semi-regularly to rant about anime, headphones, and whatever crosses my mind at the time. I tend to approve of Twitter in general, not least because of the communication barriers that have been broken by it - disaster management, etcetera.

Edit: Merged with the old thread, as LoN quite rightly pointed out that we did have an old thread.