• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer Sprite... things.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I am bored, so condensing all my trainer sprite work into one paint file, and... :

Sprites.png

Presto!

The colloseum Gary isn't a sprite as such but deserves to be there. Look for me in the bottom right corner!

EDIT: Just realised that there's a sprite up there twice... Dang it.

I'm not too fond of the centaurs, but I think you did a good job on Captain Falcon and the girl in black in the upper right.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed! C. Falcon looks pretty good, but I really love the little Link! :D

If I'm not mistaken, that blonde-haired flying-kick girl is supposed to be Buffy, eh?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'll just post who each sprite is and who I used to make them, from left to right, top to bottom.

Yoshimitsu: Wally, R/S male hero.
Yoshimitsu (leather jacket): See above plus drake.
Vincent: Two random FR/LG trainers.
Vincent (Super): See above
Tonberry: Charmander, Ledian, Ampharos.
Terra (FF6, Esper mode): Beauty, Rapidash
Link: Tyrogue, PKMN Breeder
Louise (Black hair kicky girl): Cooltrainer (F)
Colloseum Gary: self explanitory

Next Line

Moogle: Surskit, Chansey, Spinda
Boko: Can't remember. Swellow, I think
Mark: Rich boy, Dragon Tamer, Male Magma Admin, Wallace
Captain Falcon: Dragon Tamer, Norman
Asura: Holy crap. Swimmer, Battle Girl, School Kid (Female), Camper (Female)
Buffy (Yeah, I rock... kinda): Battle Girl, Aroma Lady, Parasol Lady

Next Line

Odinsoar(Auro's RP character on p-school): Dragon tamer, Brawly
Alex (My RP character on p-school): Gary....Times 3. Possibly Wally, don't remember.
Dikau(Another RP character): Swimmer, Youngster, Wally.
Kirby (Yeah, I rock. A lot): Jigglyuff.
Zyla: Fairly good editing here. Norman, Swimmer, Dragon Tamer (Aren't I obssessed?)
Random trainer: Fairly obvious

Last line

Four centaurs, exactly the same character, each one with a gun fixed onto his hand. Foaly the Centaur from Artemis Fowl. I rock.

Foaly: Ponyta, Dragon Tamer, Swimmer.

Me over to the far right: Dragon Tamer, Gary.

Coupla edits:

1: You dare mock my Terra sprite, or in any way say it is bad and I will exterminate you with extreme predudice(sp?)

2: I am now taking requests!

Good Gladsheim. Terra is incredibly, incredibly good. And I'm not just saying this for fear of being exterminated. You did an awesome job there.

Capt. Falcon I'm not so sure about... he seems kind of flat and more vividly colored than I generally like (bright red, yellow and blue all at the same time are hard on the eyes).

As for the rest, I like Odinsoar, but mostly because his name contains "Odin", who is of course the king of the aesir or Norse gods. I also like Vincent in either mode, and... that... dodo thing. Boko. Yeah, I like Boko.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Photu, you stole my word. 'Hoy' is Outsettian for 'Hello'. You evil evil Bionicle man.

Its funny though, everyone in real life who's seen that sprite thinks its incredibly good. I was basing it off his alternate, brighter outfit.

lugiasianspritework1.png

Alright:

Future Hector: Super Nerd, Rocket Grunt, Drake, and my color-swappin' talents. Sword made by moi.

Marina Kaleidos(younger): The Flower....Aroma....lady...person. I forget her name. And Suicune. And of course, the color swapping talents of yours truly.

Golden Lugiasian: Took a Lugia, cut off its legs and little wing thingies, and colored it gold. ^_^

Cleovipra: Meowth, Phanphy, Dunsparce, Totodile, Ekans. Then a little color swap.

Ekrimjea: Pidgeotto, Dragonair, Lapras, Marowak, Skarmory, and Kyogre. Then, of course, a color swap. ^^

Marina Kaleidos(older): Glacia, and Suicune. Then color swap. :p

Mackenzie: A lass with her hair color swapped.

Christine: Eeeeew, I hate Christine. I used the Beauty for her.

Sakura: Schoolgirl. Then my drawing talents for the hair. :D

Laura: Cooltrainer colorswapped. 8)

Hector: Used Steven for him, then colorswapped him. Glasses from one of those bicicle dudes, and sword made by Lugiasian.[/i]

Seraphina said:
lugiasianspritework1.png

Alright:

Future Hector: Super Nerd, Rocket Grunt, Drake, and my color-swappin' talents. Sword made by moi.

Marina Kaleidos(younger): The Flower....Aroma....lady...person. I forget her name. And Suicune. And of course, the color swapping talents of yours truly.

Golden Lugiasian: Took a Lugia, cut off its legs and little wing thingies, and colored it gold. ^_^

Cleovipra: Meowth, Phanphy, Dunsparce, Totodile, Ekans. Then a little color swap.

Ekrimjea: Pidgeotto, Dragonair, Lapras, Marowak, Skarmory, and Kyogre. Then, of course, a color swap. ^^

Hector: Used Steven for him, then colorswapped him. Glasses from one of those bicicle dudes, and sword made by Lugiasian.[/i]

Whuffo it ish called Ekrimjea fo? I understand Cleovipra, but...
(EDIT: Also, does Marina have trouble changing clothes at night?)

Hoy Photu said:
Seraphina said:
lugiasianspritework1.png

Alright:

Whuffo it ish called Ekrimjea fo? I understand Cleovipra, but...
(EDIT: Also, does Marina have trouble changing clothes at night?)

I made up Ekrimjea. Hey, it sounds better than Pidgmarlaskyonair! :lol:

Errrrr.....I guess that crest thing DOES make it hard to change....but it's really attached to a headband....thing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's what I was meaning to ask... Are all of those made up characters? I have no idea who any of 'em are ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Funny how the one who answered wasn't even the original creator. Do you guys just know eachother or is there something you're not telling us Yoshi? ;)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Raichu said:
Funny how the one who answered wasn't even the original creator. Do you guys just know eachother or is there something you're not telling us Yoshi? ;)

WHAT??!! What exactly are you saying?!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Pats Yoshi on the shoulder* There, there. We're only teasing you, nothing personal :wink:

Besides... if you didn't talk to humanity you'd turn out like me: someone who talks to themselves more than they talk to other people :oops:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Reminds me that i need to get my forum set up again... So i can talk to myself in it and bump my postcount up. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Reminds me that i need to get my forum set up again... So i can talk to myself in it and bump my postcount up. ^^

YAY! Then I can spam it up again! :D

... Nobody heard that but me and Gary, k? ;p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
*Stuffs small pokemon figures in ears.*

I heard nothng... except Coloseum noises. Stupid Suicune, creaming my pokemon... And Entei getting creamed by my pokemon...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LOL! At first glance my reaction was "A PokeCharms 'Zard? Sweet!" but it probably wasn't meant to be taken like that, eh? Either way, I likes it ^.^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It looks like a Charizard pretending to be a Hoppip. Maybe it's in fancy dress? ^^. Maybe it's doing that old cartoon wolf dress up like a sheep to get to the sheep thing. That'd be comically fun. ^^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I want a Science Genius Girl trainer sprite. You can use a Mad Scientist from the Silph Corporation and combine him with one of the generic dark-haired girls - like the Ru/Sa player character.

Fank oo :).

(edit:) btw, Ekrimjea is The Most Wrong Pokemon EVAR!! That's not to say it isn't a good piece of artwork - because it is. But it SCARES ME! I can't help looking at it and seeing all the bits of pokemon it's made from...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Meangreen said:
As for the monstrosity above, maybe use a Sceptile with Hoppip wings.

At least then I'd be able to sleep at night.

Do you have nightmares of it looming over you as you sleep?

... I do :cry:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Do you two mind keeping your 'lover's tiff' off my board? If you don't i'll be forced to ban both of you until you decide to grow up.