• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Toastie's Sea Cavern of Sprites and Laquoh Region~

Re: Toastie's Sea Cavern of Sprites and Fakemon Region~

Hey thanks for the lucario mate! Also, yes it is obvious that it is a fish can't wait to see the real thing though! Bye-e~!

It's a real clowfish!
claqua.png

#--- - Claqua - Water
The Clownfish Pokemon
Ability - Uncontrollable Laughter - When the Pokemon's HP is below 1/4, a random stat will increase by 3 stages.
This Pokemon spreads laughter wherever it goes, even to predators, meaning time for Claqua to make a getaway.

i love your sprites (as you probobly have guest) and i want to ask you somthing
would you take an anamation request from me?

New silhouette!
tsilhouette.png

Hitmonlee200: I might do, it depends what it is :p

Ghosty:
gengaranimationrequest.gif

Code:
[img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2990/gengaranimationrequest.gif[/img]
Sorry it took so long xD

toucrouge.png

#--- - Toucrouge - Grass/Flying
The Red Toucan Pokemon
Abilities - Rainbow Wing - When hit by a water type attack and a fire type attack, the power of water, fire and grass type moves increase significantly.
Pigeon Breast - Prevents the Pokémon's Defense stat from being reduced.
When a rainbow appears, it is said that this Pokemon is flying through the red area of it, storing energy for its next journey.

I can't find any frames but can you possibly make me a sprite animation of a shiny Jumpluff? Thanks, I love your fakemon!

Louie Forest:
shinyjumpluffanimationr.gif

Code:
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7846/shinyjumpluffanimationr.gif[/img]
Enjoy!

Ok, so first, here is Chicklow's evolution, Cluckick:
cluckick.png

#--- - Cluckick - Fighting
The Chicken Pokemon
Abilities - Vital Spirit - The Pokemon cannot fall asleep.
Guts - Raises the Attack stat by 50% when the Pokemon has a status condition.
Cluckick enjoy fighting. While their fights often last several days, they are careful not to wound each other.

Also, I can reveal Chicklow and Cluckick's winter formes:
chicklowwinterforme.png
cluckickwinterforme.png

Their typing doesn't change but they get this new ability:
Frozen Feather - When this Pokemon is hit by an ice type move it gains a flying type.

In this region a lot of Pokemon might randomly have a different forme (much like animals do in the real world).

Also, I can reveal the name of a place in the Laquoh region:
Sapling Town
In the very South West of the Laquoh region, it is where many trainers start their journeys. Winds reach speeds of up to 150MPH and always blow North-Easterly, thought by locals to be "propelling people into the start of their journey."

Toastie, can you do an earthbound style sprite of my custom trainer? I'll give examples for both.
requesttrainersprite.png
100px-NessSprite.gif

(Same size as trainer sprite plz)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow toastie u are a really good spriter if i understood computers and spriting more i would do my own but since i cant i was wondering if you could do an animated Shiny Charizard sorry i dont have frames or anything.

Sorry guys but unfortunately I'm closing requests so that I can concentrate on the fakemon. I apologise for not doing your requests, but I think it will be better for me to do only the fakemon for the time being~

A new silhouette~
tosilhouette.png

What could it be? Speculate below!

Thanks Animefan :D

totiki.png

#--- - Totiki - Grass
The Tiki Mask Pokemon
Ability - Chlorophyll - Boosts the Pokemon's speed in Sunshine.
It is said that the second this Pokemon hatches, it breaks off the bark of the nearest tree, paints patterns on it and wears it as a mask, never taking it off.

I could've sworn I'd posted here before :X

You are a really talented spriter! Your splices and cosplays especially are absolutely fantasmic, and the different positioned Pokés are really clever and well made as well ^^

I think you have some really good concepts and ideas with your Fakemon, but they aren't artistically as good as some of your other stuff :<
I completely understand though, they need to be completely scratched most of the time, which can be hard as eff, and not really having another sprite to use as a model is really hard. I know, I've tried and failed :<

But as I said, the ideas are pretty brilliant :> I would definately train a Cluckick :3

Good job! ^^
~Weeds

(EDIT: Yaay 200th post! *brick'd)

*Hides brick cannon*

Thanks for the critique, Weeds! It's difficult to match the official style, but I like the style I currently have and it seems to be improving a bit. Also, @the Cluckick bit - wait till you see its evolution(s)...

rougelli.png

#--- - Rougeli - Steel/Fire
The The Fire Jellyfish Pokemon
Ability - Anti-Submersive - Water attacks are x1 effective.
Rougeli often protect their elders and are very proud Pokemon. However, little is known about them, and they inhabit places as diverse as lava caverns and ancient castles.

Rougeli sure is an interesting Fakemon! You took a creature that lives in the water and made it into a dual non-water type :> Pretty nifty!
The name comes from rouge and jelly misspelled, right? You could include the origin of the name with your Fakemon. I'm in no way saying you should, it could just be a fun addition ^^
That being said, I love its design :> It looks so awesome and royal! I would also train one of those, along with my Cluckick. My Laquoh team is taking shape! ^^
I also like the ability Anti-Submersive. Pretty useful!

I have one question, does it evolve or is it a single-staged Pokémon?

Butbut, great Fakemon, I'd like to see some more please! ^^

~Weeds

Weeds said:
Rougeli sure is an interesting Fakemon! You took a creature that lives in the water and made it into a dual non-water type :> Pretty nifty!
The name comes from rouge and jelly misspelled, right? You could include the origin of the name with your Fakemon. I'm in no way saying you should, it could just be a fun addition ^^
That being said, I love its design :> It looks so awesome and royal! I would also train one of those, along with my Cluckick. My Laquoh team is taking shape! ^^
I also like the ability Anti-Submersive. Pretty useful!

I have one question, does it evolve or is it a single-staged Pokémon?

Butbut, great Fakemon, I'd like to see some more please! ^^

~Weeds

You are correct! And that's a great idea with the name origins thing, thanks! Also, it does evolve.

I could tell from the start it was a king jellyfish. I like the idea of a water creature not being a water type. And it looks so cool! Cause it has a hat. :3 Keep up the good sprites!

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
You don't post your sprites in someone else's topic Gerritju1, you make your own topic and post them in there.

You get a warning.

coralaff.png

#--- - Coralaff - Water/Grass [Coral+Laugh]
The Coral Clown Pokemon
Abilities - Uncontrollable Laughter - When the Pokemon's HP is below 1/4, a random stat will increase by 3 stages.
Sap Sipper - When the Pokemon is hit by a grass-type attack its attack increases.
Coralaff often protect Claqua by making foes quite literally die of laughter. Coralaff's nose glows brighter if it detects laughter.

That sure is a cool Fakemon! I like the idea of a clownfish Pokémon, and actually I like this evolution of Claqua more than the previous form (and yaay, name orign! :D)
I really love the idea of fusing a clownfish with it's natural habitat, the sea anemone. At first I was thinking if Water/Rock would've been a better typing, but I came to the conclusion that Water/Grass is better :3
I also love your abilities, they sound really good and official (I'm aware that Sip Sapper is an official ability) Two more suggestions; a) Could you post the base stats of your Fakemon as well? It'd just be interesting to see, I think :3 b) It'd be really cool to see the move lists as well, but that might be going a bit overboard ^^;
I have one thing to say about it though, I think you could make the outline on the top fin a little clearer, and also make the outline on the rest of the body a bit less clear, maybe use some shades of grey and orange as well as black? Just feedback, you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to ^^

Great sprite though with a nice concept, as usual! ^^

~Weeds

Thanks, Weeds! I agree, I should have used more greys for its outline. I'll get round to stats and movesets when I have all the fakemon sprited.
wsilhouette.png
whsmsilhouette.png
wrsmsilhouette.png
wssmsilhouette.png
wtsmsilhouette.png

Coming soon...

Toastie I ♥ all your sprites!
You are a very talented spriter too :DD! Don't know why I haven't commented in such a great thread
I love your Fakémon overall :>! You have lots of new ideas and your very creative :)!
Mez thinks that the first silhouetee is some kind of potato :oo Anddd, the other four are either carrots or some type cyclone... and looks like they change form depending on the season :O?
Can't wait to see more Fakémon :)!

Shaymin ~*

You guys were pretty much right with your guesses.
whispair.png
whispairhailstormmode.png
whispairrainstormmode.png
whispairsandstormmode.png
whispairthunderstormmod.png

#--- - Whispair - Flying [Whisp+Air] (Flying/Ice when in HailStorm mode, Flying/Water when in RainStorm mode, Flying/Ground when in SandStorm mode and Flying/Electric when in ThunderStorm mode.)
The Serene Cloud Pokemon
Ability - Ominous Forecast - When the weather changes, the Pokemon will change mode accordingly.
This Pokemon is said to be a cloud brought to life by four golden rings. When the weather is bad, the rings turn dark and Whispair becomes violent and destructive.

So yeah, a new weather condition, Thunderstorm. It is brought on by the move Conducting Clouds and boosts the power of electric moves and decreases the power of flying moves. It turns all special electric moves into Thunder and turns Thunder itself into ThunderMeteor, with 150 attack and 70 accuracy (it lowers the special attack of the Pokemon that uses it.)

I like Whispair, I must say ^^ It has a neat and fluffy design, which makes it look like a cloud (and also whipped cream :9) I really like the concept and the transformations of this, the weather forms actually look really "ragey", as they're supposed to, and it's great to have a pure flying type which isn't legendary ^^ I think my favorite one is the Sandstorm mode, the yellow and black work so good together, and it's better with more yellow than in the last form, I think :>

Also, a pretty cool weather condition you have there ^^ I'd thought up something similar myself, actually, but it was a bit different in effects and so on. Still, a pretty cool addition, I can imagine that being used a lot competitively if it was an official move :3

Good job Toastie! ^^

~Weeds

Could that silohoutte be... the evolution of the light squid on the other page? I really like Whispair; good description and wears jewelry! The only strange thing about it is that it's weather forms look nothing like it, though. Still, keep up the good work!

Ooho! Personally I don't think this new Poké is an evo of Rougeli, I'm going to guess it's a Water type of some sort, maybe Water/Electric? Ah well, we'll find out soon enough ^^

~Weeds

Toastie said:
Funnily enough, this Pokemon isn't grass-type at all.
klite.png

The Kite Light Pokemon
Abilities - Light Glow - This Pokemon's accuracy can't be lowered.
Insomnia - Prevents the Pokemon from falling asleep.
These Pokemon never sleep, tirelessly helping travellers see as they traverse difficult conditions.

Also, I can reveal the name of the region to be Laquoh. Please discuss below!

I think an evo of this lovely creature!

Ding Ding! You are correct Louie! By the way guys, thanks for all your comments :'D
billowind.png

#--- - Billowind - Psychic/Flying [Billow+Wind]
The Kite Light Pokemon
Abilities - Light Glow - This Pokemon's accuracy can't be lowered.
Insomnia - Prevents the Pokemon from falling asleep.
Billowind are known to keep gusts and hurricanes away from populated areas. Some towns and cities have named certain Billowind as their gaurdians.