• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Toastie's Sea Cavern of Sprites and Laquoh Region~

So, the last thread was a Whirpool (Whirlpool) so this is a Sea Cavern (Dive) xD

I was quite good back then I guess, although not nearly as good as the spriters we have now. My new works may not be brilliant, as I'm a bit rusty (my last thread from September 2009 - Ferbruary 2010) but I hope you enjoy them. This is all the sprites I did (hopefully in chronological order xD)

TrainerRequestTrans.png
PKMNTrainerTobywouldliketobattle-3.png
QwilSlowZor-1.png
SentretSmearglesplice-1.png
Bulbasaur-Newsprite.png
DennistheMenace.png
Charmander-NewSprite.png
Lugiacosplay-1.png
Overworldrequest.png
Overworldrequest2.png
Squirtle-NewSprite.png
Mewtwo-NewSprite.png
Skitty-Beautifly.png
TrainerRequest2.png
Togetic-NewSprite.png
TobyTrainerSprite.png
Rotom-NewSprite.png
Togepi-NewSprite.png
Togekiss-NewSprite.png
Combuskencosplayer.png
TrainerRequest3-blackconverse-.png
SolidSnake.png
ArceusCosplayer.png
Overworldrequest3.png
TrainerRequest4.png
Umbreon-NewSprite.png
Espeon-NewSprite.png
Eevee-NewSprite.png
Glaceon-NewSprite.png
Leafeon-NewSprite.png
Pikachu-NewSprite.png
PalkiaCosplayer.png
TobyTrainerAnimation.gif
DialgaCosplayer.png
Empoleoncosplayer.png
BunearyCosplayer.png
KermitCosplayer.png
Ho-ohCosplayer.png
Buizel-NewSprite.png
TrainerRequest5.png
Quilava-NewSprite.png
Weavile-Newsprite.png
Weavile-NewSprite2.png
Riolu-NewSprite.png
Tyranitar-NewSprite-1.png
TrainerMugshotRequest-withouthat-.png
PersianCosplayer.png
WeavileCosplayer-InProgress-.png
JirachiCosplayer.png
TrainerMugshotRequest2-BlueandAmber.png
TrainerRequest6BlackBoots.png
TobyMugshot2.png
Porygon-ZCosplayer.png
Glaceon-NewSprite2.png
TrainerRequest7.png
Latias-NewSprite.png
Blaziken-NewSprite.png
Gallade-NewSprite.png
Sableye-NewSprite.png
TrainerRequest8.png
TrainerRequest9.png
TrainerMugshotRequest3-YesCutYesPok.png
BreloomCosplayer.png
TrainerRequest11.png
Exploud-NewSprite.png
OverworldRequest4.png
TrainerRequest11F.png
Cradily-NewSprite-1.png
TrainerRequest12.png
TrainerRequest13.png
TrainerRequest14.png
TyphlosionAlternate-BlackFlame.png
Tun-SanRequestScratchDrifloon.png
Tun-SanRequestDrifloonAlternate.png
Tun-SanRequestDrifloonwithFloofs.png
Tun-SanRequestAmbipomAlternate.png
freablefakemonrrequest.png
scaled.php

Also, although it has probably already been thought of, I came up with the idea of alternates - existing sprites in different poses, like a 3rd frame from before Pokemon were fully animated. I'll be taking two requests at a time, so that people get their requests quicker (Also only one person can make one request, unless the requests have minor differences i.e. a Charizard alternate and a green Charizard alternate.) Spriting is a lot of fun and I can't wait to join the fray again!

Now, you may notice that the title says fakemon region, and that is because that I will be (hopefully xD) scratch spriting all of my fakemon, in a slightly different style to normal. I have designed over 50 so far and am trying to gather them all into one place (lots of sketchooks = >:() so that I can create a pokedex. It should be noted that I won't be scratch spriting requests, although I will be doing alternates (of front sprites and gen v backsprites) trainer sprites, cosplayers, splices and overworlds (if you are a well known member of Pokecharms.) I do not take animation requests, although I've finally figured out how to make them transparent xD

EDIT: I am not taking requests at the moment as I need to concentrate on the fakemon. Sorry~

Laquoh Region Pokedex -

001antennat.png

#001 - Antennat - Grass/Bug [Antennae+Ant]
The Grasshopper Pokemon
Ability - Grass Slash - Doubles the possibility of Critical hits when grass type moves are used
Antennat are always eager to learn and often train for days to learn something.
004pyricle.png

#004 - Pyricle - Fire/Ice [Pyre+Icicle]
The FireIce Pokemon
Ability - Fire Slash - Doubles the possibility of Critical hits when fire type moves are used
Long ago, people would use Pyricle to see in the dark, although wouldn't carry it with their hands as it gets colder the hotter it burns.
007mouswim.png

#007 - Mouswim - Water [Mouse+Swim]
The Hammertail Pokemon
Ability - Water Slash - Doubles the possibility of Critical hits when water type moves are used
Mouswim often use their tails to scare off predators and fight those who attack them.
pumpkyre.png
pumpkyrefireforme.png

#--- - Pumpkyre - Grass/Dark or Grass/Fire [Pumpkin+Pyre]
The Pumpkin Pokemon
Ability - Flash Fire - When hit by a fire type move, the power of this Pokemon's fire type moves increases.
It is said that no fire types dare go near this Pokemon, in fear of it changing form. They are particularly prominent on Halloween.
chicklow.png
chicklowwinterforme.png

#--- - Chicklow - Normal [Chick+Low/Corruption of Chick Cloud]
The Chick Pokemon
Abilities - Stumble - Moves increase or decrease in power occasionally.
(When in Winter Forme) Frozen Feather - When this Pokemon is hit by an ice type move it gains a flying type.
Since Chicklow hasn't developed wings yet and finds walking difficult due to being encased in its own shell, a cloud forms around its back to help support it.
cluckick.png
cluckickwinterforme.png

#--- - Cluckick - Fighting [Cluck+Kick]
The Chicken Pokemon
Abilities - Vital Spirit - The Pokemon cannot fall asleep.
Guts - Raises the Attack stat by 50% when the Pokemon has a status condition.
(When in Winter Forme) Frozen Feather - When this Pokemon is hit by an ice type move it gains a flying type.
Cluckick enjoy fighting. While their fights often last several days, they are careful not to wound each other.
klite.png

#--- - Klite - Psychic/Flying [Kite+Light]
The Kite Light Pokemon
Abilities - Light Glow - This Pokemon's accuracy can't be lowered.
Insomnia - Prevents the Pokemon from falling asleep.
These Pokemon never sleep, tirelessly helping travellers see as they traverse difficult conditions.
billowind.png

#--- - Billowind - Psychic/Flying [Billow+Wind]
The Kite Light Pokemon
Billowind are known to keep gusts and hurricanes away from populated areas. Some towns and cities have named certain Billowind as their gaurdians.
claqua.png

#--- - Claqua - Water [Clown+Aqua]
The Clownfish Pokemon
Ability - Uncontrollable Laughter - When the Pokemon's HP is below 1/4, a random stat will increase by 3 stages.
This Pokemon spreads laughter wherever it goes, even to predators, meaning time for Claqua to make a getaway.
coralaff.png

#--- - Coralaff - Water/Grass [Coral+Laugh]
The Coral Clown Pokemon
Abilities - Uncontrollable Laughter - When the Pokemon's HP is below 1/4, a random stat will increase by 3 stages.
Sap Sipper - When the Pokemon is hit by a grass-type attack its attack increases.
Coralaff often protect Claqua by making foes quite literally die of laughter. Coralaff's nose glows brighter if it detects laughter.
toucrouge.png

#--- - Toucrouge - Grass/Flying [Toucan+Rouge]
The Red Toucan Pokemon
Abilities - Rainbow Wing - When hit by a water type attack and a fire type attack, the power of water, fire and grass type moves increase significantly.
Big Pecks - Prevents the Pokémon's Defense stat from being reduced.
When a rainbow appears, it is said that this Pokemon is flying through the red area of it, storing energy for its next journey.
totiki.png

#--- - Totiki - Grass [Totem+Tiki]
The Tiki Mask Pokemon
Ability - Chlorophyll - Boosts the Pokemon's speed in Sunshine.
It is said that the second this Pokemon hatches, it breaks off the bark of the nearest tree, paints patterns on it and wears it as a mask, never taking it off.
rougelli.png

#--- - Rougeli - Steel/Fire [Rouge + Corruption of Jelly]
The The Fire Jellyfish Pokemon
Ability - Anti-Submersive - Water attacks are x1 effective.
Rougeli often protect their elders and are very proud Pokemon. However, little is known about them, and they inhabit places as diverse as lava caverns and ancient castles.
whispair.png
whispairhailstormmode.png
whispairrainstormmode.png
whispairsandstormmode.png
whispairthunderstormmod.png

#--- - Whispair - Flying [Whisp+Air] (Flying/Ice when in HailStorm mode, Flying/Water when in RainStorm mode, Flying/Ground when in SandStorm mode and Flying/Electric when in ThunderStorm mode.)
The Serene Cloud Pokemon
Ability - Ominous Forecast - When the weather changes, the Pokemon will change mode accordingly.
This Pokemon is said to be a cloud brought to life by four golden rings. When the weather is bad, the rings turn dark and Whispair becomes violent and destructive.

------------------------

feather.png

Re: Toastie's Sea Cavern of Sprites and Fakemon Region~

I've done an alternate Musharna sprite, based on this artwork of it when it is awake from Pokemon Pia.
scaled.php

It definitely looks odd and the proportions are a bit off, but overall I'm pleased with it. After all, the art was weird in the first place :p
musharnanewsprite.png

Last edited by a moderator:

your sprites are good you were right to restart it and please get you fakemon together soon i would love to see them and plz reveal your starters

Hey toastie, I really like that overworld sprite with the red and black hair, could you make me a normal sprite of him? THX!

Pwnster2468: Here is your request.
requesttrainersprite.png

hitmonlee200: The starters shall be revealed soon - in the meantime, why not speculate what they'll be and maybe make a request :p

ok i shall make a request you know you said up there that your new positions were not fully anamaited and stuff can i have a gengar new position from diamond also when are the starters revealed

hitmonlee200:
gengarnewsprite.png

The starters shall be revealed tomorrow.

I've redone my trainer sprite to look more trainer/gym leader-y, along with my first proper animation:
tobytrainersprite2.gif

Although the 3rd frame is a bit too different to the first two, I'm still very proud of it, as I scratch sprited the entire thing.

I also did another one, which only uses one sprite:
tobytrainersprite2alt.gif

Wow, your spites rule! I really like the Musharna tapir thing. May I make a request?
May I please have a shiny Miltank in a different sprite position? Thanks!

Well I got some things to say one your good. However there is 2-3 sprites that looked like you took the base you took an image it would be based on and mashed them together with a wrench. I hope this doesn't make you sad or Discourage you however I will request if possible a Mugshot of the D/P/PLT Rival Berry or Barry don't remember how its spelled.

Also I can predict that the first starter is a bug type and the second starter is an Ice type third pokemon I predict is.....Rock or Steel? IDK ;D
EDIT: I couldn't find a Mugshot of barry could you pm me a link to his mugshot cause everywhere I look he isn't there.

Pwnster2468:
Code:
[img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9319/requesttrainersprite.png[/img]

Louie Forest:
miltanknewspriteshiny.png

Code:
[img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7471/miltanknewspriteshiny.png[/img]

BlackAmber: Barry already has a mugshot.

And now for the ~Grand Reveal~ of the starters:
3starterstransparent.png

001antennat.png

Antennat - Grass/Bug
The Grasshopper Pokemon
Antennat are always eager to learn and often train for days to learn something.
004pyricle.png

Pyricle - Fire/Ice
The FireIce Pokemon
Long ago, people would use Pyricle to see in the dark, although wouldn't carry it with their hands as it gets colder the hotter it burns.
007mouswim.png

Mouswim - Water
The Hammertail Pokemon
Mouswim often use their tails to scare of predators and fight those who attack them.

So those are the starters. What so you think of them? Comment below! Also, please comment on the sprites (bear in mind that they were scratch sprited.)

The Miltank sprite is really, really good, but can I have a code with it? Thanks!

Again, thanks. Can I plz have a mugshot, and a pic of him standing back to back with a Futachimaru? Thank you!
Edit: Scratch that, I just want the mugshot. Thanks ;D

Yes, a code! Now I can put him in my signiture! Thanks! ;D

Pwnster2468: Although you said you didn't want it, I did another version with Futachimaru because I didn't read your edit for the heck of it :p
requesttrainermugshot.png

Code:
[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9/requesttrainermugshot.png[/img]
requesttrainermugshotwi.png

Code:
[img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8803/requesttrainermugshotwi.png[/img]

Enjoy!

---------------
pumpkyresilhouette.png

By Gum! It's a new fakemon! Stay tuned for more...

Toastie, I meant like a sprite of him back to back with the futachimaru, not a mugshot! and I changed my mind! please do the sprite! Thx

Pwnster2468:
requesttrainerspritewit.png

Code:
[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/467/requesttrainerspritewit.png[/img]

The silhouette is revealed!

pumpkyre.png

Pumpkyre!

Pumpkyre has a interesting trait. When it is hit by a fire type move, it changes into its fire forme -
pumpkyrefireforme.png

Here is its Pokedex entry -

pumpkyre.png
pumpkyrefireforme.png

Pumpkyre - Grass/Dark or Grass/Fire
The Pumpkin Pokemon
It is said that no fire types dare go near this Pokemon, in fear of it changing form. They are particularly prominent on Halloween.

Pwnster2468 said:
I think the final form of pyrcicle should look like regice mixed with typhlosion
You're not so far off with that actually.

I made a Kojondo alternate, and then decided to flip its original sprite so that it would fit with the alternate and make it into a Gen IV style animation of when a Pokemon enters a battle.
kojondonewspriteanimati.gif

This was a lot of fun to work on. I might make some more soon :p

A request PokeTeen made over chat:
requesttrainersprite2.png

Code:
[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6852/requesttrainersprite2.png[/img]

PokeTeen edited his request and then asked me to make a couple more frames and make an animation out of it:
requesttrainersprite2an.gif

Code:
[img]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1637/requesttrainersprite2an.gif[/img]

chicklowsilhouette.png

A new silhouette! Speculate on what it'll be! (Fairly obvious but |D)

...I'm gonna guess it's something chicken-related. xD

Your latest artwork is really good, Toastie~ The back-to-back with the samurai otter is very good and, so are the two Tron's~

Thanks Toru :D

You were right, it is based off a chicken. Welcome Chicklow!
chicklow.png

Chicklow - Normal
The Chick Pokemon
Ability - Stumble - Moves increase or decrease in power occasionally.
Since Chicklow hasn't developed wings yet and finds walking difficult due to being encased in its own shell, a cloud forms around its back to help support it.

I'm going to start adding abilities to the Pokedex entries now. So, what do you think of Chicklow?

Wow these are great! I love your fakemon, especially Chicklow! Keep up the good work!

...I'm not Toru xD (Dark Soul, at your service~)

In my opinion, it looks a bit too scratched, but I like the concept. Maybe it should be normal/flying?

Oh sorry DS >_< I'm not good at remembering name changes :p

Its typing makes more sense if you see the rest of its evolution line. Hopefully another fakemon will be done by tomorrow.

Toastie said:
Hopefully another fakemon will be done by tomorrow.

AHAHAHA oops.

New fakemon silhouette :D
ksilhouette.png

What could it be? Speculate below!

It looks like a Pikmin! :D

Nice sprites! I wish I could do that good! Keep it up!

i am guessing its going to be somthing like bellsprout a kind of weed pokemon

Funnily enough, this Pokemon isn't grass-type at all.
klite.png

The Kite Light Pokemon
These Pokemon never sleep, tirelessly helping travellers see as they traverse difficult conditions.

Also, I can reveal the name of the region to be Laquoh. Please discuss below!

Wow I love your sprites especially the weavile and eevee on the first page (hopes they will be the new poses in a pokemon game someday) Could I request a Lucario re-pose: Think of Sabrina's sprite where she has her arms out to the side. Could it be like that but with two balls of aura coming out from each paw. Sorry if I confused you there but I didn't know how else to put it. ???

Toastie, these are really good~!

I really like your idea of alternates and that Togekiss one is flawless!
Your animations flow really well, and your trainers' colors match perfectly!

Your idea for fakemon are really unique. The abilities and moves are awesome, along with the actual fakemon~

Your mugshots looks really cool, but sometimes the hair or clothes look a bit too blocky. Your shading is usually a little bit off, too. That's no big deal, thoug, and will probably be fixed with more practice.

And a question: Do you take requests for animations? If you do I would like one~

Keep up the good work ;)

DJ Luke:
lucarionewsprite.png

Code:
[img]http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/4211/lucarionewsprite.png[/img]
I started doing your request but though this would work better and be more dynamic. I hope that's alright xD

Kedpeanut: Thanks for teh comments :D I do take requests for animations, although only if you are a well known member of the forums, which you obviously are so yeah...name your request! :>

Thankyouthankyouthankyou~!

*AHEM*

Okay, onto the request~!
I would like an animation with the following four frames, if it's okay. If you will, please make them transparent. Also, put them in the order that I posted them in, otherwise it'll look weird.
inftdx.png
2rcsg9e.png
dfi0pz.png
1zg8469.png

Thanks in advance~

Kedpeanut:
I wasn't sure whether to do movement or not, so I did both :p
No Movement:
requestdragonairanimati.gif

Code:
[img]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7083/requestdragonairanimati.gif[/img]
Movement:
requestdragonairanimati.gif

Code:
[img]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7083/requestdragonairanimati.gif[/img]
Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks so much Toastie!
I like the second one with the movement better, it looks more official.

This is definately going in as my avvie~!

New silhouette!
csilhouette.png

It's pretty obvious what it is, but what species is it based on? Comment below!

A mix of anemone and fish?

And it's the first time I post here, your sprites are pretty good, you're very talented. Heve no requests to you.

I don't know why but it seens I'm in a hurry. I'm writing faster than usual and it seens I'm to in a hurry to comment a little more.

But since I don't want to make a 1-minute comment, can't wait 'til this fakemon is revealed, as well as other silhouettes.

Still looks like a 1-minute post though.