• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed To That Ever Distant Dream

When Umbreon woke up, he looked around the guest room.

He looked at the open window, feeling the summer breeze.

He snuggled closer to Brom under the blanket.

He blinked his eyes sleepily as he looked at Jake, then closed his eyes, as he lay curled up with the fighting type as he yawned again and fell asleep.

Jake yawned, waking to the sound of crashing thunder. He sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, glancing around. Then he stood, stretching, to gather his gear for the upcoming trip. He nudged Brom awake as he packed up his scattered supplies, eager to get going.

"Brom. Brom, buddy. Get up."

The fighting-type stretched, arching his back in his makeshift bed. Realizing they were leaving, Brom chirped at Jake with urgency. Jake sighed as he turned around, eyes closed rubbing his temple.

"What's up big guy?" Jake opened his eyes to find himself face to face with a very sleepy Umbreon, with Brom holding it up to him, a pleading look in his eye.

"Ah geez, Brom. You know I don't have any Pokeballs left. I can't force him to come with us." Jake turned around to finish packing his things. Brom sighed, setting the Umbreon down. He gave it one more pat on the head, then turned to help gather the remaining gear.

The Umbreon woke up with a start as he was set down on the bed.

He watched sleepily as Jake and Brom left.

Wait, Left!?!?

He scrambled sleepily, crashing into things as he loped woozily through the halls after the two.

He watched as they stepped into the rain, and he trailed behind them.

By the time he caught up to them, he was sopping wet.

It wasn't long before the soaking wet trainer saw the Pokemon Center down the road. Hastening his footsteps, Sen walked faster to towards his destination, eager to get out of the drizzling rain. The young man then saw a trio of two Pokemon and a human walking towards his direction and soon recognized them as Jake, Brom and the Umbreon. Sen the shot his hand up into the air while grinning wildly, his short depression forgotten, and quickened his fast steps into a jog.

Jake turned as he heard a quiet whimpering behind him. There was the Umbreon, sopping wet.

"Oh you poor thing! You should have called out sooner!" Jake scooped the Umbreon up in his arms, sheltering him from the rain as best he could. Brom chirped happily, splashing about in the rain, glad that his friend was here to stay.

As he was attempting to dry off the Umbreon, Jake spotted Sen jogging over to him, waving like a lunatic. With a joyful laugh, Jake waved back, stepping up against the Pokecenter to try and stay dry under the roof's overhang.

The Umbreon was soaking wet, and Jakes pitiful attempts to dry him were not helping.

He squirmed out of Jakes Grasp, and sat down next to Brom.

The moment he arrived under the dry roof of the Pokemon center, Sen started wringing out the water from his soaked white jacket with gusto. "Of all the days we're setting off. It's gotta be today that rains huh?" The wet trainer gave the trio a helpless smile. "I hope ya guys got some good sleep, cause we're gonna need all the energy we can get." Beck pointed his thumb towards the grey skies behind him.

"Cause this storm's gonna make our trek one hell of a journey."

Jake turned to Sen with a smile. "We'll live. It builds character!" Jake began absentmindedly tapping on Brom's cap as he thought out loud. "Where do we go though? I don't know this region well enough to know any good places for training...."

Jake reached into his back pocket for the map he had picked up from Nurse Joy. He froze. It wasn't there. He patted himself down, checking and double checking until he heard a squeal of joy. Jake turned to see Brom clapping happily at the paper hat he had made for the Umbreon using the map. The young trainer sighed.

"You're going to be a hand full, aren't you Brom?"

Sen laughed at the two's antics. "Well if you're looking for a place to train, I might have a few places in mind..." The trainer then trailed off as he frowned, and held his chin in a thinking pose. "But my first choice is quite far off from here and I don't even know if it's still accessible..." Sen then shrugged and looked over at Jake with a smile.

"I guess we'll just have to see if it still is, besides, like you said. The journey will build character!" The young trainer then started walking out into the rain, pulling his hood over his head and turned back towards the trio - his face still wearing that ever-present smile.

"Well? Ya guys comin?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there!" Jake turned to face his partner. "Well? Are you walking? Or do you want in your Pokeball?

The Mushroom Pokemon shook his head defiantly, scooping up the Umbreon into his arms. Then, he lay it across the back of his neck, like a scarf, using his cap like an umbrella for the Moonlight Pokemon. Jake just smiled and shook his head.

"Whatever floats your boat buddy!" Jake turned back to Sen. "Alright, we're ready! Let's go!" And thus, the odd trio set off into the rain to follow the young dragon trainer.

Route 11 didn't long to traverse and soon the group of four were near the end of the road by evening. The rain had already slowed to a trickle and the young trainer could hardly feel the wet drops anymore.

"Let's camp here for the night." The young man said as he dropped his pack on a nearby patch of grass. "It'd best for us to rest while we can." Taking out some berries and a cooking pot the trainer prepared to make dinner for the group. After placing some suitable rocks in a circular formation, Sen turned to Jake with a smile.

"Hey Jake, can you and Brom find some sticks to burn while I try to get the food goin?"

The Umbreon licked Broms neck, cleaning the dirt and grime off of it.

Once he felt that Brom was somewhat clean, he just watched the rain trickle from the heavens.

Sen said something about gathering wood,, and Brom set him down.

He then followed the duo, searching for dry tinder.

Jake smiled as he and Brom wandered about looking for some dry wood. After a fair bit of searching, they each had ten dry sticks. Satisfied, Jake began to turn back to head back to their camp, when he spotted a familiar shade of red poking from a patch of grass.

Jake squinted at the object sticking out from the tall grass, trying to discern what it was. "Is that......a Pokeball?" Curious and confused, Jake began to make his way over to the strange, seemingly abandoned Pokeball, not noticing the eyes of an Amoonguss leering at him as it lured him closer.

Last edited:
Sen set himself to work as he brought out his collapsible cutting board and trusty kitchen knife. It'd been a while since he'd last cooked on the road and the young man was looking forward to doing so again. After a few moments of cutting some berries, Sen looked up at the quickly darkening sky and looked towards in the direction that Jake had gone with a worried frown.

"They should be back by now..." The dragon tamer set his knife down and scratched the side of his face. "They probably got a little lost seeing as they don't know the area very well, I should probably go and find them." And with a helpless smile, Sen walked towards the duo. Unaware of the trouble he was going to get himself into.

Jake jumped in alarm as the Umbreon launched attacks at the Pokeball, barking frantically.

"What's your malfunction little guy? It's just a Pokeba-" Jake stopped short, coming face to face with a strange new Pokemon after leaning over to pick up the discarded ball. It was a mushroom with Pokeballs for arms. At least, that's what it appeared to be.

Neither Jake nor Brom had any time to react before the strange Pokemon loosed a Spore attack. Jake gasped involuntarily, then slumped, knocked out cold. Brom, who had been a few feet behind Jake, barely had enough time to leap back, avoiding most of the attack. It was not a perfect dodge, however, as Brom began to yawn, struggling to stay on his feet.

The Umbreon ability negated any status affects so he stood there looking at Jacob sleep.

He continued the barage of shadow balls at the demonic mushroom pokemon.

Brom, stumbled, unable to fight in his current condition. He cried out, flicking his tail to send a Seed Bomb attack high into the air, where they exploded like flares. Exhausted, the lanky Pokemon passed out.

Meanwhile, the Amoonguss was shrugging off the Umbreon's attacks. It began to use Ingrain, the roots slowly wrapping around Jake's unconscious body.

The Umbreon tried Every thing it knew.

The Amoongus sent it flying into a tree.

He tried to get up, and struggled for several minutes, before giving in.

The moment Sen heard the sounds of explosion, he burst into a full sprint, his hand on a Pokeball, ready to throw it at a moments notice. After a few seconds of intense running, Sen arrived on scene and saw the Amoonguss wrapping its roots around an unconscious Jake. The dragon tamer immediately went into action as he drew the Pokeball from his belt and threw it in the direction of the Mushroom Pokemon.

"Go! Breaker!" With a flash of white fire a Gargantuan land shark crashed onto the ground, Standing over Jake's body protectively, and snarled fiercely at the Amoonguss. Sen turned to look at the downed Umbreon and gave him a nod of appreciation. "Thanks for your hard work, I'll take it from here." The young man then turned to look at the Amoongus with a cold glare.

"Breaker. Break him."

The Garchomp burst forward in a frightening display of speed and hooked onto the Amoonguss with his talons before it could escape. The Land shark then opened its gaping jaws wide, his fangs wreathed in burning flames, and savagely dug his razor sharp teeth into the soft skin of the Mushroom Pokemon. The Amoonguss cried out in pain, struggling to get away from the dragon Pokemon, but Breaker held the opposing Pokemon firmly, giving it no escape.

"Finish it off."

And with those three words, the dragon Pokemon let go his prey and whipped around, using his large tail to launch the Amoonguss through several trees. After a few moments of waiting to confirm that the wild Pokemon was down for good, the Dragon tamer immediately ran over to Jake's prone body to check for any serious injuries on the trainer. When he found none, the young man sighed a breath of relief and pulled out an awakening from his side pouch - spraying the stench of the healing item on his travelling companion in order to wake him up. Sen then turned to Brom, gave the Mushroom Pokemon a spray as well, and stood up to heal the Umbreon under the dented tree.

"Here ya go buddy," Sen said soothingly as he used a super potion on the wounds of the dark type Pokemon. "This outta heal you up nice and easy." Meanwhile, Breaker kept a careful watch around his surroundings, making sure no dangers came their way as his trainer worked on waking and healing his unconscious friends.

Jake coughed, his chest heaving as he came to. Still woozy, Jake sat up, glancing around in a panic for Brom. When he saw his partner comfortably snoozing, his rump in the air, Jake calmed down, laying back down. He gasped for breath, coughing up a few stray spores. Jake attempted to talk, his speech horribly slurred.

"Wha......wus dat? Wha happn'd?"

Sen smiled as the trainer tried to talk. "You had a rather nasty run-in with a wild Amoonguss. It hit you with a Spore attack and knocked you and Brom right out." The young dragon tamer then nodded his head at the resting Umbreon.

"If it weren't for that fella there, I probably wouldn't have gotten to ya guys in time." Rummaging through his side pouch, Sen brought out a Chesto berry and handed it over to Jake.

"Here, take this. It'll take those few remaining spores outta of your lungs."

Jake took the berry gratefully, biting into the berry's tough skin. "So," Jake began, between bites, "why did it look like a Pokeball?" Jake glanced around fearfully, hoping there weren't more around. "Are they, uh, common?" Brom nodded, glancing around, with a wild glint in his eyes. There was only to be one Mushroom Pokemon around here, and it was going to be him.

Sen shook his head in amusement. "They look like a Pokeball in order to lure in their prey, although it usually doesn't work so well as it did with you." The dragon tamer then waved his hand, trying to calm Jake down. "And don't worry about seeing one of those buggers again, they aren't too common around here."

Jake sighed with relief, glad that he wouldn't be seeing anymore Amoonguss. He got up and began picking up the scattered sticks. Meanwhile, Brom strutted about, his chest puffed out, trilling proudly. Jake hit Brom on the head with a stick playfully to get his partner's attention.

"Your little friend got pretty hurt." Jake pointed in the direction of the camp. "Why don't you go check on him?" Brom thought about it, then shook his head, not wanting to risk leaving Jake alone. Jake stood with a sigh, turning to Sen.

"Let's get back to camp."

Sen nodded and turned to Breaker with a fond smile. "Thanks for the help old friend." The Land Shark Pokemon lowered his head, allowing the smaller trainer to pet his head.

"Why don't you come and join us for dinner?" Sen said as he rubbed his Pokemon's rough skin. "I'll cook you your favorite Cheri Berry quiche, how about it?" Breaker growled loudly in excitement and shook his head wildly in agreement. The Dragon tamer laughed at his Pokemon's enthusiasm and started heading towards the camp - the Garchomp following closely at his heels.

After taking a few steps however, a sudden thought came to Sen and the young man turned around to face the fellow trainer behind him. "Come to think of it, I never asked how you and Brom liked your food did I?" Sen gave Jake a grin.

"So? How do you like em? Spicy? Sour? Sweet?"

Last edited:
Jake's stomach growled.
"I don't care really. We were living off the berries we found when we were training, so I'll eat anything."
Jake glanced at his partner. "As for Brom, as long as it has some kind of berry in it he's fine."

Jake gave Sen a devilish smile.
"You know what's good in a pinch though? So first, you find a Wurmple......."

Sen blanched. "No. No Wurmples. I'm not hearing any of it." The Dragon tamer then sighed and gave the duo a helpless look. "Alright, I'll try and cook up something good for you two. Without any Wurmples in them."

After the group of four arrived on the campsite, Sen immediately went to work - chopping up a myriad of ingredients and berries to prepare for the feast ahead.

Even though he had been healed, his side still ached, and hit throbbed angrily.

When he has gotten to the camp, he just laid down by the fire, trying to I ignore the reminiscent pain.

Jake laughed when he saw Sen's face pale at the thought of eating Wurmples. He had been joking, but he wasn't about to tell Sen that. Instead, he sat down, figuring it was about time he tried to keep his side of the deal.

"Hey Sen. Since you're busy, would you mind sending out Terra? I want to start working with him on his biting." Jake gave Sen a big smile. "Didn't think I was gonna skip out on our agreement, did you?"

Meanwhile, Brom was torn between comforting the Umbreon and checking out the new dragon Pokemon. Finally he decided to check on the Umbreon. The dragon could wait. He crawled over to the Umbreon, chirping with concern. He reached out tentatively to give his little friend a pet, hoping to cheer him up.

Sen opened his mouth into an "0" as he remembered their agreement. "Oh, right! Of course." The young trainer then reached into his jacket for a one of the few Pokeballs that weren't attached to his belt and sent the young dragon out.

The moment the little brown dragon was sent out, Terra turned to look for his trainer and ran to give Sen's leg a big hug once he found him cooking dinner. The black haired youth gave the Axew a grin. "Well hello to you too." The Dragon tamer set his cooking utensils down and squatted down in front of Terra.

"Hey Terra, Jake here," Sen gestured to the said trainer, "wants to help you train and get better with your habits. Is that alright?" The shiny Axew turned his head and stared at the familiar looking human, assessing him with his red eyes and finally gave his trainer a hesitant nod." Sen gave Terra a bright grin and gave Jake a thumbs up. "He's all yours. Just be careful though, he can be pretty temperamental." Seeing the little signal given by his master, Axew waddled over to Jake and stopped a few inches away, waiting for his orders.

Meanwhile, Sen gave Terra an encouraging smile and quickly got work, making sure that the soup he was cooking didn't get burnt.

Jake smiled, and picked up the little dragon. He thought for a minute, taking a good look at Terra's features, from his scaly brown skin, to his red, intelligent eyes. Jake continued to examine the dragon, until his eyes came to rest on the little dragon's tusks. As he reached a hand out to feel how sharp they were, Terra decided he'd had enough of being poked and prodded. He lunged, biting down hard on Jake's hand.

Jake winced in pain. Sen was right, he thought to himself, Terra does bite hard. Jake took the opportunity to hold the little dragon up, examining his tusks more closely. As he did so, Jake realized something. Terra was gnawing on his hand. An idea popped into Jake's head as he turned to Sen.

"Hey Sen, how often do you let Terra out to sharpen his tusks?"

(OOC: The bottom of the soup can be burned i left on the fire too long.)

Sen frowned as he pondered Jake's question. "Hmm, I'm pretty sure I let him go out plenty. Why? Something wrong with his tusks?" The trainer then lifted the ladle in the pot to his mouth and tasted the creamy soup. The young man smiled. "It seems my skills aren't that rusty after all." The young trainer then left the Pot to sizzle for awhile and quickly went to work on his third dish.

Jake shrugged, perplexed. Terra was still gnawing on his hand, but Jake didn't mind. It seemed to have a calming affect on the little dragon. Jake chuckled, then returned his focus to the task at hand. He examined Terra's tusks, running his finger along their edges.

"I don't know, they seem awfully dull. How young did you say Terra was again?"

"It's only been a few weeks...Oh." The young dragon tamer had an epiphany and slapped his face with the palm of his left hand. "No wonder..." The young man then turned his head slightly to look at Jake sheepishly, his other hand still stirring yet another pot.

"Let me guess, it's because I forgot to sharpen his tusks for him..."

Jake nodded.

"That's what I'm thinking. That would explain the biting. His tusks are probably a little sore, and his instincts are probably to try and whittle his tusks. But since his 'papa'" Jake shot Sen a goofy smile, "hasn't taught him how all he can do is bite."

Jake laughed, scratching Terra's head as he continued to chew and gnaw at Jake's hand.

"Not to mention how frustrating it must be for him when his trainer won't even point him in the right direction!" Jake set Terra down, freeing his hand from the little dragon's jaws. "I would recommend trying to teach him to do it himself. You don't want him to be completely reliant on you to do it."

Meanwhile, Brom began to eye up the large, strange dragon before him. he chirped tentatively as he poked and prodded at the large creature, trying to determine what it was.