• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed To That Ever Distant Dream

The previously unconscious Dani let out a punctuated groan as the incessant blaring of the alarm abruptly yanked her out of her deep slumber. Her pale hands rose lazily to caress her head, massaging her temples in a half-awake attempt to disperse the growing headache behind her eyes.

"Urgh.. Someone turn that sh** down..." grumbled the young female, words slurred from slumber. As her demand was not immediately met, her silvery eyes cracked open to glare at the nearest living thing. Which just so happened to be Ethan, who's arms she was still cradled in. A moment passed, and then another, as her post-knockout mind struggled to comprehend what was going on.

Dani blinked, her face turning an impossible shade of red.

The girl let out an ear-piercing shriek, just barely audible above the wailing of the alarm, thrashing about wildly. "... Whatthehelldoyouthinkyou'redoingputmedownrightnoworIswearI'llmurderyouandeverythingyoulove!"

((did I do good sempi are you proud now))

"Listen I'll explain everything later. Right now, we need to get to the lower levels." Ethan said, still rushing down the hallway. "Trust me, this will all make sense eventuall-" Ethan was cut off by a shriek more powerful than that of the buzzing alarm, along with a flurry of punches and kicks from the girl he was carrying. He was able to take most of the attacks when all of a sudden, something horrible happened. One of her kicks managed to hit the most painful spot he had; one that would make all men and boys alike cower. Ethan dropped to his knees, protecting his groin from further damage, unable to speak.

"Wha....why?" was all he was able to say.

Dani simply continued to spew insults and some very choice curse words, scrambling to her feet after being dropped rather unceremoniously to the ground by Ethan. She clamped her mouth shut and crossed her arms over her chest, face scrunched up in utter and complete hatred. She was nearly tempted to launch one final kick towards the male, just to be sure he understood how very unpleased she was.

"Lucky you, I'm feeling merciful today..." Dani grumbled under her breath, turning on her heel and strutting down the hall without further ado. Of course, she had absolutely no idea where she was or where she was going, but that wouldn't stop her from getting as far away as possible.

Ethan, now almost crawling on the ground, yelled after the girl. "No, wait! If they catch you without an I.D., you're toast!" He said, slowly getting up, limping heavily towards the girl. "Look, I can explain everything, we just REALLY need to get to the lower levels!" Ethan continued, slowly treading along. He looked back at Jacob.

"Come on', we have to get her! This place is on high alert, and we need to get to the lower levels as soon as possible."

Fred harrumphed proudly and nodded as he saw his fellow knights take down the intruder with great 'ease.'
The middle-aged man then pointed at two random knights in his squad and barked his orders as he saw his men tie-up their newly caught prisoner.

"You and you."

The two armored men swiftly snapped to attention as they saw their superior call them out.

"I want the two of you to carry this piece of filth to the main tunnel entrance, I heard that Table Knight Mordred was seen heading up there. Report to him that I- *cough* we, found this intruder," The elder man's eyes gestured at Jake, "in section G of the first level."

Hearing their orders, the two unnamed men pounded their chests in salute to the veteran solider and deftly moved to pick up the unconscious young man. As the two men dragged Jake to the tunnel entrance, the knight's each grabbing an arm, the commanding officer looked at the rest of his squad and gave his next set of orders.

"I want the rest of you to come with me. There might be more of those vermin scuttling about. Now let's go! For that ever distant dream!"

His men echoed his cheer with an even louder one.

"FOR THAT EVER DISTANT DREAM!"

And the group of knights were off, unknowingly heading straight towards a particular group of bickering trainers that were ignorant of the trouble coming their way.

Jake's eyes flickered as he was dragged by the two men down the hallway. He was vaguely aware of the sensation of a warm, wet, and sticky substance running down his face. His tongue lazily flicked out, catching the metallic taste of blood. Jake's ears perked up at the sound of voices.

".....ain......entrance......Ser Mordred......"

His mind in a daze, Jake tried to piece together what the guards were saying. Ser......Mordred? Isn't that.....Sen? Jake smiled at the thought of his friend being a high rank in a secret group. That was just.......silly. Wasn't it? His mind foggy from the blow to the head and the rapid loss of blood, Jake went back under.

Last edited:
“Sure thing,” Jacob replied to Ethan. He began limping forward, moving as quickly as he could which was not very fast at all. Besides his injury, and his wonkiness from the five days of sleep, he was also extremely distracted, trying to take in everything around him. Where exactly were they? What was going on with this girl? His mind was lost in thought until sounds coming from behind them snapped him out of it.

Jacob looked over his shoulder to see a group of people rushing towards him. These people were clunking along in their metal suits, making quite a lot of noise. Jacob stopped walking completely and turned to look at the group. Jacob wondered what they thought; here was a young man shirtless, with bandages around his arm and shoulder, and a belt of pokeballs. Were these Sen’s friends? Or were they something else.

Jacob reached for a pokeball with his good arm.

"Come on, we're almost caught up with her--" Ethan turned around to the clinking of metal, and noticed a small group of knights running towards him. Squinting his eyes, Ethan could make out the person in charge.

"Oh, great. It's that Fred assho--I mean, uh, head-knight. He owes me some money..." Ethan said, losing focus. "Oh yeah, lower your arm. These guys are good." He then continued to retrieve his medallion from his bag, still hunched over with pain.

"Hey Fred. Long time no see..." He smirked, trying to stand tall but failed, and continued to semi-squat. "Anyways, these guys are with me. That girl is too, but she ran off. " Ethan said, shining his medallion to the guards.

Last edited:
Fred stared at the impudent boy in front of him with barely hidden disgust. 'I would run into this sniveling brat. This day keeps getting better and better.'

"...Ethan...Ill-mannered as always I see."

The proud man then slowly turned his piercing eyes as he surveyed the other two...Children that were with the insolent squire. One a boy and the other a girl. He didn't recognize them. The edges of Fred's mouth lifted as they grew into a cruel smile. He didn't recognize them.

As his job, the elder knight made sure to memorize the faces of anyone and everyone, who wasn't a citizen of the underground citadel, that was allowed to enter the secret base of the Unovian Knight order. The fact that he didn't recognize these two unknowns meant that his little squire friend had allowed in illegal visitors.

Finally, a chance to put this disrespective child in his place once and for all.

Fred slowly raised a pointed finger at the cocky boy who stood in front of him.

"Seize this traitor and his spy friends."

His men marched mechanically towards the young man and his friends, their armor clinking ominously as the knights prepared to capture their next set victims.

"Oh, you little son of a--" However, Ethan was cut off by a guard jabbing at his stomach. Although Injured, Ethan was quite agile, and was able to dodge the jabs and back up. Slowly walking away from the small group of knights. Well, as much as I wish to, I probably shouldn't hurt him. That would really look traitorous. An idea sprouted in his head. Slowly, Ethan grabbed for one of his poke-balls, and in a mere second, Pine, his Shiftry, was released.

"Now, use flash!" A bright light echoed the halls, aimed towards the small regiment. Fun fact: If a Pokemon were to use flash directly at a pair of human eyes, said human would feel a horrible stinging for 2 minutes, completely blind for that short period of time.

"Alright, let's ditch this guy!" Ethan grabbed hold of the arms of both of his fellow trainers, and started to run towards the stairs to the 3rd level. Wait a minute, he's blind. In a hushed town, Ethan whispered "Go ahead down the stairs. I'll be right back."

Moving quite and still, Ethan made his way back to the group of distorted knights, and located Fred. Another Fun Fact: For some unforeseen reason, guard uniforms have no lower groin plating, other than a piece of plastic that's as protective as Styrofoam. With a fierce kick, Ethan finished up and huddled back to the group, following them down the South East stair network to the lower networks.

Jacob rushed down the corridor as quickly as he could, but that wasn't very fast. He struggled to keep up with his companions; how long would this groggyness last? Jacoib didn't know. He had very little idea what was going on, but in his state, it made little sense to turn and fight. Jacob had taken a good look at Shiftry; a dark pokemon, and a strong one. The pokemon looked particularly healthy and agile; probably moreso than any of Jacob's pokemon. Jacob took another good look as Shiftry and Ethan rejoined the group.

"Can you please tell me what the hell is going on?" Jacob asked Ethan angrily. He grunted as he took his next step, not of his own accord, but because of the pain. "Seriously, where the fuck are we? And who the hell are they? I can't just keep running; tell me!" Jacob didn't mean to sound as angry as he did, but he was out of breath, and was actually quite irritated. He had been sleeping for five days, and within about an hour or two of waking up, he had been pushed and prodded down hallways and almost attacked by a group of knights, both with almost no explanation. Really.... What was going on?

"Alright, since it seems that you are pretty eager to know, I'll give you the short story, until later. " Ethan said, slowly climbing down the stairs. He couldn't blame Jacob. Hell, if he was knocked out, brought to a strange underground cave and then assaulted by a few armored men, Ethan would be pissed. He had the right to be impatient.

"Ok, well, first things first. You're in HQ, a secret underground base--practically impenetrable--for the Resistance. Sort of like a miniature city. Only much darker, and much safer." He tilted his head a bit. "The Pokemon league is pretty messed up...really messed up, and we are the ones who chose to fight back." They were nearing the bottom of the stairs, still keeping a slow pace.

"Anyways, those guys were actually guards. The guy in charge, Fred, is a huge douchebag. Don't worry, I'm allowed to vouch for you. Fred just had a bone to pick with me. We go 'way' back." Ethan let out a little laugh. "Is that enough info for now?"

Dani, despite the rather quick turn of events and being determined to hate each and every person in the damned place, had found herself following behind Ethan and Jacob silently. Her head still throbbed, and the constant drone of the alarm, sudden bright flash, and being pushed and shoved through foreign hallways didn't quite help either.

"Yeah, right, safe... Totally need to knock people out and abduct them to bring them to a 'safe' place..." Dani mumbled quietly to herself, wringing her hands in front of her. "And if the league is so corrupt, why hasn't there been a huge uprising or something, huh?" She asked sarcastically, a little bit louder in order to be heard. "Who the hell am I to trust you, especially after I was kidnapped by some [insert series of rather rude words here]?"

The female stopped where she was, crossing her arms over her chest to glare coldly at the two.

Jacob watched the girl and her mini "freak out," still confused. He had never seen this girl before; the group must have run into her while he was still knocked out. It sounded like him she had a right to be upset; Jacob himself was upset, and he only had to deal with this seemingly random attack from the group that was supposedly saving him. Not to mention, Jacob had begun to put together a list of burning questions. The most pressing of which he could not hold back. Adding to Dani's angry rant, he said:

"Yea! And why did you all bring me here? You could have just left me in the woods? Why take the risk?" He almost smirked at the onslaught he and Dani had released on Ethan, but listened eagerly for the response.

Why do they have to whine so much? Ethan said, as he was rapidly attacked with insult after insult, remark after remark, and name after name. He thought he had the situation under control, that was, until he the combo-insults coming from the two. Ethan snapped.

Whipping around, he looked straight at Dani.

"Listen here. First off: I'm not the one who knocked you out. Thanks to you, we both fell. When I tried to extend my hand to help you up? You slammed right back into me. You did that yourself, buttercup. As for the uprising, I want to see you take on those guys up in the league. With their recent deal with Team Plasma, they're as strong as ever. Thats the Team Plasma that has probably seen your face, and wants you for questioning, by the way." Once again turning, Ethan then faced Jacob.

"And you. What kind of sick group would we be to leave an injured, bleeding, unconscious person in the woods? Not only that, but Plasma is probably coming those sames woods as we speak. We're only trying to help, for god's sake!" Ethan said.

"Now, can we just calm down a bit? No more yelling, rude names, physically hurting," Ethan glanced at Dani. "or any else of that stuff? Trust me, you'll understand all the details soon."

Dani let out a quiet harrumph, letting her arms flop back down to her sides. She turned on her heel to face away from the others, wrapping her arms around herself. Her shoulders quivered as she reached up to wipe at her face. She whipped around a moment later, closing her eyes and giving what might have been a smile.

"Fine. I've got a headache already anyways." Dani said, clapping her hands together. "Well, we should probably get going, that Flash should be wearing off soon and I really doubt those guys'll be too pleased, right?"

Jacob looked over at Dani. He didn’t realize how whiny he was sounding. Here these people had saved him from Team Plasma when any normal person would have left him for dead. Even now they were risking the discovery of their organization for him. Jacob looked back at Ethan.

“Yea thanks for saving me by the way,” he added, as nonchalantly as possible. He looked behind him for a moment before turning back to the group. “She’s probably right, but if they are who you say they are, can’t you just talk it out? I mean, it’s all a misunderstanding, or something, right? Worst case scenario we let them take us in, and then when they realize what’s going on, they let us go.” Jacob shrugged his shoulders before flinching in pain. He grabbed his shoulder. “Besides, I don’t think I can keep going much farther…”

Last edited:
The Umbreon scrambled through the halls, while the Knights crashed around.

He eventually found his way to Jake, by following his scent.

He made it into the room, looking around confused.

Reaching the bottom of the slick, stone stairs, the group entered the doors leading to level two. Continuing down the wide corridor, Ethan and his small company passed by the Bar, stopping to quickly get two small cups of water for his companions, and then continued on. It wasn't long until they reached another set of stairs, this time leading to the entrance of the 3rd, outer level. Here, a set of guards, this time their armor outlined with gold, stood still in front of a massive door.

He then turned to face the two travelers who had accompanied him throughout the gloomy tunnels of HQ.

"Alright, I'm going to request a presence with the Knight's table, since I pulled the alarm. Once we get in there, there are a couple of rules you should...follow. First: Do not speak unless spoken to. Trust me, this may seem a bit, how should I put it? Unfair? Regardless, you need to obey these steps. Secondly: You will refer to every there as Sir. If the king makes an appearance, you refer to him as 'His Majesty'." Ethan glanced back at the two guards, then returned his attention to his new friends.

"Any questions before I request the hearing?"

Last edited:
Mean while, Umbreon stalked the dimly lit halls of the corridors near Jake, and his captors.

Once he noticed the guards pick up the pace, he followed in pursuit, sticking to the shadows.

He whimpered a little, as he saw them drag Jake across the stone cobble roughly.

He finnaly came up behind one of the guards, and pounced on him.

The knight thrashed around wildly, in a way to try and dislocate the Umbreon.
(Where's Brom)

Last edited:
With a grim countenance, Sen watched the bustling knights work as they barricaded the cave entrance and prepared for the incoming enemy invasion. If there was one in the first place that is. Fifteen minutes had already passed and the scouts he had sent out had reported nothing of importance out in the forests beyond. Perhaps it was a false alarm? The table knight sighed and hoped that was the case, but as of now, he had no choice but to stand vigil until a definite proof was found that they were not being attacked.

While the Knight commander pondered his thoughts, his eyes suddenly caught sight of a pair of knights heading his way, holding a limp form of an unconscious young man between the two of them. Sen's troubled eyes then widened in surprised as he recognized the bleeding man as Jake and immediately rushed over to the knights.

The armored men came to an abrupt stop as they unexpectedly saw their superior heading towards with great speed and stood at attention as he came to a stop before them.

"Who did this?"

The two men were blinked in surprised as they heard an unexpected question. Normally one would think that they would be asked, 'who is this?' Not 'who did this.' Unsure of how to answer, the two knights looked at each other for a moment and one of them turned to answer his commanding officer.

"We did ser."

"Who ordered you?"

"Knight Captain Fredrick, Ser."

Sen's hand shook as he resisted the urge to face-palm.

"I...I see...Fredrick hmm?"

Fredrick Peachlan Dickinson. A knight that was well known among the order as a major kiss-up and, for the better lack of the word, an idiot. It was no small wonder that Fredrick was the one to leave his friends in such a state. But then again, he himself was also at fault for not alerting the knights of the arrival of guests.... Sen paled.

'...Shit.'

"The two of you!"

The men immediately strengthened their slackened salute.

"Ser!"

"I need you men to immediately take this young man to the infirmary and have the knight doctor to heal his wounds."

The knights opened their eyes in surprise as they heard something unbelievable. Was Ser Mordred, a man known for his brutal hatred for the league, asking them to take an enemy spy to the infirmary? The contrast between the personalities of the man that stood before them right now and the man that stood in the battlefield with them boggled their mind.

One of the trained men immediately opened his mouth to question his commander. "B-but ser! This boy is an enemy spy! And you're asking us to take him to the infirmary?!" His colleague also tightened his grip on their prisoner, agreeing with his fellow knight's words.

Sen shook his head in exasperation, trying to conceal his growing frustration at the situation.

"The two of you are mistaken, this young man." The knight commander gestured at the injured trainer for emphasis. "Is not an enemy spy, but a guest of the order. He also happens to be my guest, so I suggest you treat him with the utmost respect."

This time, it was the knight's turn to pale. They had just knocked out a guest of one of the most merciless knight within the order and the table knight certainly did not look happy with the fact that his companion was not in great shape.

"Now, you said that knight Fredrick was the one who ordered you to do this right?"

The two knights gulped at Sen's overly-pleasant voice and nodded eagerly, trying desperately to stave off their share of the blame.

"Then tell to come meet me up here. Immediately. I don't care what he is doing right now, just tell him it is of urgent matter and of course, the two of you will do this after you've dropped off my guest in the infirmary, understood?"

Again, the two knights quickly shook their heads in fear, gave a trembling salute, and rushed off to do their orders - anxious to leave the crushing presence of their commanding officer.

Sen gave a whisper of a sigh as he tried to calm himself and snapped his fingers. Almost immediately after, the sound of a whistling wind was heard and a moderately armored man, garbed in a more plain version of Sen's own attire, materialized behind the Table Knight in a flash of black.

A shadowy whisper was heard behind the enigmatic mask of the new arrival.

"Your orders?"

Mordred's eyes hardened.

"Take a few from your squad and protect my companions from any harm and lead them to me, you should who they are by now."

The dark clad man nodded

"As you command."

He then disappeared from his spot as if he wasn't there in the first place. Sen closed his eyes with another sigh as he let his persona's mask slip off his face and drew his face up into a complicated expression after a brief moments rest.

'To think I would end up using them again.....Damnit.'

~...~

Doctor Fujimoto Katsuda raised his head as he heard a commotion outside of his office door and put down his glasses as he stood up to see what the noise was all about. Quickly grabbing an unblemished lab coat from a coat hanger standing by the door, the elder grabbed the brass knob and turned it to open the rusty door.

Upon opening his rather outdated door, the doctor saw an interesting sight of two haggard looking knights arguing with his cute assistant nurse. Amused, the medically experienced senior moved to intervene in the argument when he saw an injured young man bleeding profusely from his head.

Immediately ridding himself of his jovial mood, the old man rushed quickly rushed to the young mans side, pushing the two knights aside as he ran towards the infirmary bed, and bent his body over the prone boy and checked the trainer's wounds.

"Laura!" The old man's gruff voice resounded within the white room and the argument between the nurse and the knights died down at the doctor's commanding tone.

"Y-yes doctor?"

"Get my belt."

"...Pardon?"

The doctor sighed.

"My Pokeballs Laura, my Pokeballs."

"O-oh, of course doctor right away."

As the stammering nurse ran off to get the doctor's Pokemon, Fujimoto turned his head to look at the knights sternly.

"Just how in the world did this young man get such an injury?"

The knights looked at each other nervously and one of them finally turned to speak to the intimidating man.

"Well uh, that is, we..."

"Doctor! Here you go."

The elder man turned to look at the rushing nurse who ran towards him with a leather belt lined with the slick form of several pokeballs.

"Ah, thank you Laura." The doctor then deftly picked out a pokeball from his belt and sent out the Pokemon within with a flash of bright white fire.

Twirling her white dress upon her release, the humanoid Pokemon let out a melodic cry and the psychic type turned to face her master.

"Myradona, use Heal Pulse on the young man."

The Gardevoir nodded at her trainers request and turned to face the prone figure of Jake. She then closed her eyes in concentration as purple energy surrounded her body and after a few seconds of tense waiting the Pokemon opened her eyes and poured out the energy within her unto the young man.

Last edited:
The Umbreon had been Following Jake the whole time, almost unnoticeable in the shadows.

He watched carefully, making sure they didn't hurt Jake.

When he saw the Gardevoir stare at him for a few seconds he froze, thinking he had been discovered, but it just continued to Heal Jake.

Jake's eyes fluttered, his body beginning to feel warm and tingly. He winced as he felt the sharp pain of his head wound for the first time, then settled as he felt a warm, soothing energy replace the pain. Opening his eyes, Jake glanced around the room, hand darting to his belt to check that his Pokemon were still there.

"Wha.....where am-" He froze mid-sentence as his gaze fell upon the Gardevoir healing him. His eyes widening, the young man gasped.

"Lyn?" Mind still fuzzy, Jake hugged the mistakenly identified Gardevoir, tears of joy in his eyes. "I haven't seen you in forever! How's dad? Is Grammy still alive? What about the hospi-" Jake paused, realizing the Gardevoir wasn't returning the hug.

The young man did a double take, glancing around the room again. The walls were made of steel, not the plaster of his family's hospital. There were no windows showing the view from Mt. Chimney. As Jake looked back up at the Gardevoir, searching its surprised face. He flopped back down onto the bed.

"Y-you aren't Lyn....." He rubbed his head. "Where am I?"

Last edited:
The Umbreon, quite confused, watched Jake hug the Gardevoir.

He sweat dropped a little, and tried to make his way out the door of the embarrassing scene, when he crashed into a shelf full of medical tools.

The whole shelf came toppling down on him, pinning him down, as well as alerting the Guards.

Last edited:
Ethan slowly turned towards the two men clad with what appeared as iron, and slowly walked towards the man to his left. He retrieved his medallion, showed it to the guard, and explained the situation with minimal detail. Ethan left out the specifics when it came to their tracking, however, made sure the soldier knew how dire the circumstances were.

"I need a hearing with the knights, and possibly his majesty." Ethan said. Oh man, this is when it gets intimidating. I always feel as though they stare me down, peering into the soul I have. Doesn't help that most of them are experienced killers....yikes. Ethan once had to stand before the Knight's table((before Sen was a knight of the table)) and the experience wasn't pleasant to say the least. Long story short, it involved him, 6 psyducks, Flannery, the fire gym leader of Lavaridge town, and a rather pissed houndor.

((Also, I figure since the base is all modern, the knights have a sort of pager or something. Yeah.))

Edwice blankly looked at the squire that stood in front of him, unsure of what to make of the young man's rather extraordinary story. However, judging by his desperate eyes, it didn't seem like the boy was lying. Better safe then sorry.

"I see... Well then, I'll see what we can do."

The Knight guard then looked over to his friend before nodding at the burly man.

"Trace, contact Ser Lancelot and tell him that a squire request a hearing."

Trace nodded back before reaching for the Pokenav attached to his belt, punching in a number, and putting the gadget to his ear. After a few moments wait, an audible click was heard from the Pokenav and the Knight guard starting mechanically speaking to the call's recipient.

"...Yes....Understood...Ser Mordred? Of course, I'll get to it right away....Thank you Ser, please have a good afternoon."

Ending the call with yet another click, Trace turned around to face the large magnificent double doors before chanting a mysterious aria in a language which had been lost in the passages of time. Upon finishing the rhythmic incantation, the large knight took a step back in order to let the door creak open with an ancient groan; revealing a long dimly lit stone hallway lined with torches and medieval banners.

After the doors were completely opened, the gruff man then turned back to the waiting group and gestured towards them.

"Come, his majesty and the Table Knights are awaiting your presence."

And he promptly marched into the dark stone corridor, not even bothering to look back to check whether or not the group was following or not.

~...~

It wasn't long after Jacob, Ethan, and Dani headed into the Conference hallway that Sen received a call from his Pokenav. Quickly reaching for his belt, the knight commander swiftly answered the call and was met with some refreshing yet disconcerting news. First off, his friends and companions were safe and sound, but, it seems that one of them, most likely Ethan, had requested a hearing and was granted his piece.

Sen didn't know why Ethan had requested a hearing in the first place, but it must've been for some serious reasons, in anycase, it seems like he himself was called to be present in the hearing as well and had been requested to return to the Table Chamber immediately.

With an unknowing sigh, which he seemed to be doing a lot of these days, escaping his lips, Sen walked briskly towards the infirmary. It wouldn't do for Jake to miss out on this hearing after all.

As Sen's armored feet pounded against the cold rocky earth, the Table Knight hoped with all his heart that his companion had awoken from his little 'accident.'

~...~

The moment Sen walked into the cold infirmary walls his heart was filled with relief. Jake was awake and doing well it seems. Ignorant to Jake's rather confused state of mind, the Table Knight walked quickly towards his friend's rather small white bed, promptly nodding to Dr. Fujimoto, the nurse, and the two knights in greeting as he walked past the small group, and waved a hello to the young man with a happy smile.

"How're you feeling Jake?"

Jake gaped at the strange man in armor, astounded that Sen knew his name. Wait, Sen?

"Do I know you?" Jake cocked his head, trying to remember where he might have learned this strange man's name. At that moment, Brom decided he'd had quite enough of his stuffy Pokeball, and popped out for some fresh air. After a large yawn, the grass type noticed Sen.

Squealing with joy at seeing a friend, the Mushroom Pokemon leaped at the dragon trainer, giving him a bear hug. Jake's eyes narrowed with suspicion.

"How does Brom know you? And who the hell are you?" That was when Jake noticed the bandages on Brom. The injuries, the battle, Sen, it all came flooding back.

"S-Sen?" Jake groaned, clutching his head as it pulsed with pain. "Where are we? What's going on?"

Last edited:
Sen scrunched up his eyebrows in pain as Brom crushed him in his deceptively spindly arms and gave Jake a smile that screamed for help.

"W-well..Urgh...About...that.....Ack...W-we...Are...In...H...Q...."

'I...Can't...Hold...On'

Although Sen, also known as the Dread Knight Mordred, was a young man who had fought hard and difficult battles throughout the past few years of his life, never had he experienced such a fearsome trial that beset him now. Truly, one could never underestimate the power of the 'Brom Hug.'

"....Al...arm....Se...t....off.....Ca....m...e......to....ge...t....y-you..."

It was no good, the Breloom's arms were slowly but surely crushing his lungs, he wasn't going to make it through this.

'Alicia, forgive this useless friend of yours...It seems I'll be going to meet you sooner than expected.'

And as Sen thought these words, his eyes darkened and the young Table Knight began to see a bright light from within that cold darkness.

"...Grand...ma?"

And within that beautiful alluring light, Sen saw a familiar figure that was filled with warmth.

'Come here Child, Grandma baked your favorite quiche for you.'

Sen's mouth split into a grin wild with joy.

"Grandma!"

Jake's face paled as he saw Sen's eyes stare off into the distance as he gasped for breath.

"Brom! Let him go!" Brom chirped with concern as Sen's form slumped to the ground. He hadn't meant to hurt Sen. He had merely wanted to say hello.

"Brom, use Wake-Up Slap." Jake quickly intervened as Brom hauled his arm back. "GENTLY Brom." The fighting type sighed, lowering his arm. Instead, he reached out and quickly slapped Sen.