• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Things you would like to see happen in the Pokemon anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: Hey. Since this thread and the Dubbed Diamond and Pearl thread were basically the same, I merged the topics into one. Seeing that I can't delete this post, though, just ignore it and see Carmen's post below for the real topic subject.

Because the topics were merged, you WILL see double posts from some people. These, of course, were not intentional, the people simply posted in both topics one after another. So please, don't yell at anyone for double posting :p

That is all.

First off no I'm not obsessed with the anime...

But what would you like to see happen in the anime? It can be serious stuff or incredibly stupid ;D
For example: The pokedex says something like Shedinja is supposed to steal your soul if you look into its hollow body. I would love to see an episode with that as the focus. There are a host of others like that. A part of me also kinda wishes that the characters would keep their Japanese names. Somewhat like Naruto.

Wishful thinking is welcomed on this topic.

Well I would love.... I mean LOVE to see Jessie win a contest with Seviper! I mean Seviper has all these cool attacks that can be used for cool combos and make a beutiful site. Jessie should give him another shot. Besides it was Jessies fault that she lost her first contest with Seviper cause she was yelling out all of these attacks that seviper doesnt know and/or cant use. Excample

Jessie: Seviper use blaze kick
Seviper: 0_0?

im finished

I hope ash gets a Buizel- #418 . cause I just got done watching pokemon Ranger and the temple of the sea and that pokemon was in it and I like him cause hes cute cool etc.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I hope ash gets a Buizel- #418 . cause I just got done watching pokemon Ranger and the temple of the sea and that pokemon was in it and I like him cause hes cute cool etc.

Heh... no comment, Charmander ^^;

I guess this would be a good time to mention that, since this is a topic based around the dubbed version of the Anime, people should refrain from posting spoilers from the Japanese Anime. Only fair, really.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... What I want to see...

Ash catching more than five Pokemon this gen. It's not that I like him randomly releasing/giving up his Pokemon, but it does make things a bit more interesting when his team shifts a bit throughout the series. It'd especially help make battles a bit more diverse once he reaches the Sinnoh league since I see a repeat of the Hoenn League happening (ie. him not using any of his non-Sinnoh caught Pokemon but Pikachu and Aipom/Ambipom).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Personally I want to see more specials like the Raikou special. In other words, no freaking ASH all over the place. I'm freakin' tired of that kid.

I would also like the series to start making sense, Pikachu and the goddamned penguin to stop godmoding and Brock actually being USEFUL for a change other than being a vector for constantly repeating jokes.

Oh. And Ash coming back for that freakin' Pidgeot, like he promised. Although that would never happen anyway, so, I'll settle for Ash's Turtwig to evolve into a Torterra and start kicking asses. >>

I would also like to see Brock get a girl ^^;. Is brock going to be in the new anime? I hate him. I always thought he was blind.

ash gets a love interset [misty/may] and then *poof* she's gone... >:( we'll be saying goodbye to Dawn as soon as the sparks start flying... also, ash's new voice sucks!

ash gets a love interset [misty/may] and then *poof* she's gone... >:( we'll be saying goodbye to Dawn as soon as the sparks start flying... also, ash's new voice sucks!

K, we can't qualify either of them as being love interests because there's no proof supporting it.

Maybe Mitsy(which is pretty doubtful) but I think May should definitly not be assumed under that category.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Some people will look for ships underground. x_x

Honestly. PokéMon is about the awesome creature. NOT about potential teenage dramas between fucking 10-year-olds. X_X

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, misty had a horrible crush on ash...believe me, i bought the 2ba master cd O_o some of the songs were ok, but i skipped that song every time it popped up on the cd player.

actually, misty had a horrible crush on ash...believe me, i bought the 2ba master cd O_o some of the songs were ok, but i skipped that song every time it popped up on the cd player.

as quoted from wiki
Some fans have theorized that Misty has a crush on Ash Ketchum, mostly because of various instances in the anime and its various non-canonical spin-offs that have been interpreted by fans as implying the same.[6][7][8][9] Her crush on Ash was openly confirmed in the non-canonical "Misty's Song", which was published in the Pokémon music CD "2BA Master".[10] However, this has never been overtly confessed in the anime itself, with the most obvious, but still disputable implications to that effect appearing in the episodes "The Heartbreak of Brock", in which Misty tells Ash, "You and I will be married someday too",[11] and "Gotta Catch Ya Later", in which she sings of him, "You're more than just my best friend".[12]

So no, there is still no hard proof *remembers that song*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Also, remember that it's just the horrible English translation of the series. Originally, as far as we know, all this so called 'romantic tension' may not even be implied. :p

They need to 'accidently' make Dawn fall off of a cliff. Then, Misty will feel sorry for Ash's loss, and rejoin the team.

That, or Misty can simply feel sorry for the young 11-12 year old boy who's stuck with a perv like Brock.

They need to 'accidently' make Dawn fall off of a cliff. Then, Misty will feel sorry for Ash's loss, and rejoin the team.

NOOO!! They WON'T kill off a character like that! Why are people always saying stuff like that!? MISTY ISN'T COMING BACK!! >:(

I was kidding. o_O

Actually, they should make MIsty come back for an episode or 2 (Kinda like that Togepi/Togetic episode in AG).

And, yes, I am okay with Dawn/HIkari being in the anime. Although Brock I could do without. >_

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*LOL's at DDB* I think someone has cracked from all the mindless Hikari/Dawn hatred ;)

It's very obvious that Misty isn't going to rejoin the group full-time - though a cameo for an episode or two is likely - so the endless comments from people who already hate Dawn and want Misty to return are starting to wear thin... Just as they did with May. May and Dawn were inserted simply to promote the new series' and the games, which people just need to accept and deal with. Hating the characters because they're not Misty is silly. You should dislike them because they're boring or barely ever do anything, like Max :p

I've liked Hikari up until now, but my opinions may shift depending on how they portray her in the dubbed version. She needs a voice actor with the enthusiasm, and lines, to match her peppy personality, so I greatly hope they do her justice and don't just make her come off as a boring airhead.

Some people will look for ships underground. x_x

Honestly. PokéMon is about the awesome creature. NOT about potential teenage dramas between fucking 10-year-olds. X_X
i would greatly apreciate it if you didn't curse at and insult me. my mom doesn't like it either.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... By my 'ten-year-olds' comment, I was talking about Ash and Misty/May/Dawn/Token-Random-Female-Character-For-Whatever-Generation, Not you.

Although people who constantly look for romantic tension and teenage drama in places it doesn't exist are getting on my nerves. It's a frelling animated series, about 10-year-olds (although in Ash's case, he's probably... 13-15 by now, even though his design hasn't changed whatsoever except clothes

May and Dawn were inserted simply to promote the new series' and the games, which people just need to accept and deal with.

Everyone remember that when Dawn's role gets transfered to another character in say...I don't know...um...season 14. Even if Ash is no longer here by that time.

I would also like to see Brock get a girl ^^;. Is brock going to be in the new anime? I hate him. I always thought he was blind.

He will, I've looked on some video on a website that Brock, Ash, and the new girl go on the journey through Sinnoh. The girl is, yet again, obsessed with Contests. Plus, I think every Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny have been warned about Brock by now ;D.

I would like to see an evolution of Skarmory. It's cool, but it still bugs me that it hasn't had an evolution yet. I mean, it's just screaming: "Evolve me you dang Pokemon people, evolve meeee!"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The last thing Skarmory needs is an evolution. That birdie is broken anyway.

And by the time Brock will get a girl, the anime would run out of running gags, which is not something I see happening anytime soon.

T

Twilight Umbreon

Oh! What I'd like to see happen in the anime is that Team Rocket : Jessie, James & Meowth, actually win something for once. They always fail and blast off...and thats practically just the end of it. I want them to be successful for once o_O

[OMG! First post! w00t!]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Jessie recently won a PokéMon contest in Japan. It wasn't an official one, and she used Ash's Aipom, but she won.

I love those three. They're not really evil - they're pretty much comic relief, and I love them for it. They make awesome ridiculous villains, and in quite a few episodes you can see that really, they'd rather be doing something else than being a part of Team Rocket, but... Yah, well, it pays their bills. xD

(I know its not gonna happen) I'd personally like to see Ash and Misty finally admit that hey have feelings for each other.

I'd Like To see..a lot of things..but these main things..

1.ASH ACUALLY TURNING 11!..i mean, it the 10th season, and he hasnt aged a bit!

2.Ash Battleing Max later on...that whould be cool

3.Misty to come back brifely...then Dawn gets jelous...that whould be funny..

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
1. I think Ash has grown older, but the only design changes are the clothes. Considering he's an Anime character, that would be plausible.

2. By the time Max grows up enough to be able to legally OWN PokéMon, we'll have a few more seasons on our hands. :p

3. I'm rather content with rectangle-girl not being around anymore, and honestly, though, NO ONE said any of the canon characters really do have feelings for each other. But I've already ranted about that in another thread. [size=1pt]God, those shippers...[/size]

well, i don't know about in the current season, but in the older episodes, when misty was still part of ash's party, there were several episodes that blatantly said that the two had feelings for each other, they just always blushed and denied it.
oh, and yeah, they've said ash got older, also evidenced by gary driving a car back in season 5 or 6 he's actually close to 18 by now

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
May I point out that the PokéMon world is NOT our world and therefore, just maybe, people can drive cars at a younger age than they can in THIS world? Also, that Ash and Gary are NOT necessarily the same age?

Also. The thing in P2k might have been shoved into the dubbed version for the simple reason of fan-service.

Either way, Misty's gone now, and good riddance. >>

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Again. This could be a result of the dub. And seriously. If you look for pairings where they don't exist or really matter, you will find them. I mean, seriously. I'm pretty sure that in a few more months, when Diamond and Pearl go into hyper-drive, there will be people who find some ZOMG CLINCHING PROOF that Ash and Dawn have feelings for each other, if not Ash and Paul, Paul and Dawn, or Professor Rowan and that psychotic Staraptor of his.

As long as no official, canonic statement exists about any of the characters actually being in love, it is still just assumption. And the last thing that PokéCharms needs is to deteriorate into shipper wars. Really.

I'd like to see Ash's Butterfree come back. D= It's been gone for HOW many seasons now?

And Eric Stuart to come back and voice Brock and James. And also for Veronica Taylor to voice Ash once again (Yes, he was voiced by a chick). They shifted all the voice actors at the start of Season 9 and now Ash sounds like Richie ((And this same voice actor; Sarah Natochenny - Is going to be voicing Dawn - Great.)). and Brock sounds like some nasally man trying to impersonate Eric Stuart's voice, badly. The rest of the cast now sounds retarded as well.​

May I point out that the PokéMon world is NOT our world and therefore, just maybe, people can drive cars at a younger age than they can in THIS world? Also, that Ash and Gary are NOT necessarily the same age?

Also. The thing in P2k might have been shoved into the dubbed version for the simple reason of fan-service.

Either way, Misty's gone now, and good riddance. >>
may I point out that canonically, at least as far as the games are concerned, ash and gary ARE the same age, as evidenced by Oaks mention "This is my grandson, he has been your rival since you both were babies" which is a STRONG implication that Ash and Gary are at least close in age. Not to mention that they started their journey at the same time, and considering Gary is the grandson of a famous Pokémon Professor, I higly doubt he would start any later than he legally had to (being that in the Pokémon world, you have to be 10 before you can be a licensed trainer)

i wonder why every new season they get rid of one girl and add a new one why don;t they ever get rid of brock and add someone else? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.