• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Walking Dead S1

A shambler opened the door, leading from the closet to the cooking classroom. Van saw it and instinctively pulled out his pistol and fired a single shot, killing it. It wasn't the smartest move. Not only did he waste the few shots he had, but he also attracted the attention of more zombies. More and more soon began to pound on the door. Van backed a good distance away from the door, and looked around the room for any kind of exit. There were no windows, and that closet led no where. He was trapped. Best to go down fighting. The door busted open as he broke another chair leg to use as a weapon. He swung at the nearest one, knocking it over. "Let's go you undead jerks!" van yelled attracting more. More and mor tumbled in, and with a quick strike to the head, he killed them. But as more and more came in the room, flooding it, he had a smaller chance of surviving.

"Well Taylor I wish we had met under better circumstances." Jack grunted, pushing a corpse out of the way of the exit with his foot "But none the less I'm Jack Everett. I think its best we get out of here."

It was only after leaving the room that the sound of gunshots reached the young mans ears. By the sound of things they were coming from some kind of handgun, perhaps a teacher was still alive? None the less they could at least check it out on the way to the exit. "Taylor I'm going to go see what's going on, you can either stay here or follow me, but if that's the case and you dont wanna be left alone your going to need a weapon."

"I'm coming with you... I want to help in any way I can..." She looked around nervously, searching for any thing she could as a Weapon, but nothing seemed to catch her eye.

"Get out of here you filth. I'll kill all of you!" Van shouted as he continued to swing, smacking and killing any undead who had gotten near him. The undead seemed to never end. He looked up and saw a vent. If he could get to it, he might be able to escape. But he would need a distraction. He smacked another zombie and ran to the fridge, pulling out a piece of frozen meat and tossing it across the room. The zombies lost intrest and wandered towards the easier food source. Van used that to his advantage. He pushed a desk under the vent and climbed on top of the desk.

Jack nodded at the younger girl, he could respect that she wanted to help out. Plus that meant he wasn't just carrying around dead weight. Now as for the weapon...looking around this room didn't really seem to offer anything useful, pencils, books and rulers were hardly the most deadly of tools. Looks like he would be forced to lend her one of his own weapons.

"Here, its only got 8 bullets so use them wisely, dont shoot unless you truly have to." He instructed sternly as he passed Taylor his pistol. He wasn't the biggest fan of already being without a gun but it seemed more likely he would be more efficient with the crowbar. Now that they were both armed the gunshots seemed to have died down but that didn't mean the possibility of survivors was gone. Just slimmer.

"Lets go, stick close." Jack said with his best attempt at a friendly smile, not that it could be seen behind his helmet. With his crowbar in hand he stepped out into the graveyard that had only hours ago been a school and began to make his way towards where he had heard all the action going on. Several dead students lurched towards him but they were easy to dispatch, slow and they came at him one at a time. Polite. He bashed each one skulls in with the side of the crowbar, a satisfying crunch noise ringing out each time he made contact. One asshole on the floor even tried to reach for his leg but that particular guy got kerb stomped into the next year.

After a few tense minutes the duo reached an odd scene. A boy, living surprisingly, under a desk trying to enter a vent whilst a large crowd of the shamblers roamed the room. Strangely enough some of them seemed to be eating steak or something. It was at this point most of the undead turned their milky eyes towards the door way and by extent Jack and Taylor.
"I hope your ready to go out fighting Taylor." Jack growled as he levelled his weapon at the first undead, hitting it so hard that one of its arms almost tore off and was just left dangling uselessly by its side.

"Better than going out without one." She growls as the shamblers closed in. She stuffed the barrel of the Gun in the closest one's mouth and fired. Blood, Brains and Bone burst into the air, but this did little to damage the amount of Shamblers. A glance behind, and Taylor stifled a scream as Walkers closed in from behind. "We're surrounded!" She cried.

Before anyone can react further, loud, rapid fire gunshots fills the air, and the shamblers behind them begin to drop like Flies. Two Men stand at the other end of the hall, both holding automatics. One was White, short and stout, with a large bald spot on the top of his Head. The other is tall, muscular, and Black, with very profound, blue eyes. "Get who you can and let's go!" The Black man calls to Taylor and Jack. The stout one turns and mows down a few advancing shamblers. "Move it!" The Black man yells.

"Well I'm fucked," Van mumbled to himself after the announcement. Sure they plowed down some zombies, but those were in the hall. He was stuck in the room. A few zombies seemed to go for the closet object, some going to the duo who had entered, while a few went for him. He looked around and saw another desk. He made a jump for it, and landed. Then he climbed up on top of the counter away from the reach of any zombies. He followed the cabinets around the room before he landed at the exit. Grabbing his hunk of wood, he swung wildly smashing into the skulls of any shambles who had just happened to get close enough. He stepped into the hall and gave a cheesy salute before rushing over. He didn't trust, but that was his only option. Well besides make friends with these undead freaks.

The two new arrivals was certainly something that Jack could not have predicted. Two guys carrying fully automatic assault weapons just rock up in a school? To be fair today had hardly been ordinary but still. No matter how strange their arrival it had saved his and Taylors collective asses and for that he was thankful. Being eaten had never been high on his to do list and neither was watch a young girl meet her grizzly doom.

"Come on Taylor, these guys look like they know what they're doing." He said as he stepped over the body of a zombie that had moments ago been trying to take a bite out of him. He was wary of the mystery men but all the same Jack reluctantly joined them whilst glancing back once to make sure his companion was still safe.

The two men led Jack, Taylor and Van outside the School, dispatching roamers along the way. "Stay close. The Car's just up ahead." The Black Guy growls as he slams the butt of his Rifle into an advancing Roamer. Soon enough, they arrived in the Parking lot. No shamblers collected here. They'd survived the School. But the Town was crawling with the undead. "The Walkers are spreading faster..." The stout man says. "I know." The Black Guy mutters as he approaches a large, blue Truck. "Get in. We're leaving town. Introductions can be made later." The Black Guy tells the group as he opens the door to the Driver's Seat and gets in. There is a Passenger door, and two Back doors for the Back Seat as well as the Bed of the Truck in the back.

Tony sighed heavily while approaching the vehicles a few moments after the others. He slowly closed his knife before sliding it into his pocket. He stopped and smirked at the group. Blood dripped off him as his entire body had been thoroughly coated in it. "Hope you guys dont mind a little blood." He says with a twitch of annoyance in his voice.

Last edited:
Taylor quickly clambered into the Truck as she could feel her Brain go numb. Her legs felt like Jelly, and her Stomach was on the verge of spilling it's contents. So much blood... so much violence...
She got into the middle, staring blankly ahead.

The Black man whipped around at Tony, kicking the butt of his Rifle into Tony's chest with such force, sending the boy to his feet. "Legend! Walkers don't talk! He's living!" The stout man yells as Legend leveled the barrel to Tony's Head. After a few moments, he lowered the weapon and offered Tony his hand. "Sorry. Come on, we need to get out of here as fast as we can."
The stout man hoped into the passenger seat. "Someone will have to ride in the bed." He says calmly as Walkers closed in on them from the School, and a few residents from a nearby street.

Tony grinned as the man lowered the barrel. "Its no problem...do what ya gotta do...." He hopped into the bed of the truck and looked over at Van. "Ill be sitting here to since im a little drenched, hope you dont mind." He spoke quietly before sliding his jacket off and hanging it from the side of the truck to dry. "Looks like any form of answer wont be given to us until we leave." Tony thought to himself with a gloomy, dark voice. "Dont wanna get tied down by these guys, better keep up the freak act so they stay distant...."

(OOC: The Window in the back of the Truck is open, allowing Van and Tony to hear this)
Soon enough, the Truck is on the Road, leaving Saxondale behind. The Black Man and the Stout Man do not utter a word the entire time. Most would expect them to head for the Highway, but instead, they head the opposite direction, going straight for further Country. After nearly an hour, the Black Man speaks, directing his words mostly to Jack and Tony. "I'm uh... I'm Legend, by the way." He says as they take a turn. "Legend King." He chuckles slightly. "Take your time to make fun at my name, I won't mind." He grins, but there's a sadness behind it.

Tony ignored the small talk and spoke up the moment it got silent again. "So, Legend, what's the plan? Are we trying to get to a less populated area? If so i feel like other people would've had the same idea." He folded his arms as he spoke, scepticism filled his head. "Unless they know of a place that is safe......why did these guys even save us? Whats the point of going after us?" Thoughts like this raced through his head in the blink of an eye as he waited on a response.

"Other people do have the same idea. Sad truth is, once they get it, they dead. Whole world's going to shit. Cities gone into total anarchy. Only civilized places left are the old Country Towns. And even those aren't holding up. We're trying to get to 'Easton Hall'. I got friends there. They'll protect us." Legend states, not removing his eyes from the road.

"I see...." Tony drew his knife from his pocket, it looked as if he had dipped it in blood. He began cleaning it off as he got lost in thought. "...My family is probably dead, even if someone I care about is alive ill probably never see them again..." He stopped and looked up at the group he was traveling with. "They've probably lost their families to..." He tried hard to shake off the negative thoughts running through his head. "In the apocalypse...we're all orphans..." He spoke quietly to himself, before turning his attention back to Legend while trying to regain his composure. "So uh, have you been in contact with these friends of yours recently?"

"Three days ago. They'd set up camp. Planned to rendezvous at Saxondale, but they switched it to Easton Hall." Legend explains. "Military. That's what my friends are. Top notch protection."

"Now this might seem a bit absurd, with me, a lifeless passenger saying this, but shouldn't we review any weapons and supplies we have now. If this so called place is safe, then we can have small talk and history then. Now our attention should be focused on getting there. As in weapons, food water guns, and etc." Van said without opening his eyes. "And don't you think the engine will attract too much attention. It's not that I'm unthankful, but the opposite, it's just that I want to survive, ad any mistakes at this point could spell our doom." At the boy's feet was his satchel which was stuffed with whatever gear he had scrounged up.

"I hear ya." Legend says. "We don't have much besides what we brought with us... Guns... ammo... tad bit of food, I think...
The Engine begins to sputter. In moments, the Truck has slowed, and come to a stop, dead. Legend looks at the stout man. "Martin. You said you refilled at Enid's Lake."
"Um... sorry, Legend. I didn't have time... those Walkers closed in real fast. Besides, you were rushing me, man..."
"DAMNIT!" Legend hits the dashboard. He looks at the fuel gauge. Empty.
Legend flings open his door and jumps out, immediately going straight under the car. "I knew I should have checked back at the Gas Station." He mutters angrily.

Tony hopped out of the bed of the truck and looked around before walking over to Legend while he worked. "So, do we know where we are? And is there a place to get gas anywhere close?" He leaned up against the side of the truck and exhaled deeply as he let his surroundings seep in.

The Countryside felt calm, peaceful, but devoid of life. No Birds chirped. No wind howled. Silence. To the left side of the road were woods. Dense and silent. To the right are several fields with rows of corn and wheat. Empty road lie ahead and behind.
"Last Gas Station was 16 miles back. Overrun, I should mention." Legend grunts as he works. Martin clambers out of the Truck, pulling his Rifle out with him. "What's the problem, Legend?" He asks.
"Just like I thought. That Firefight back at Enid's Lake left a little hole here... fuel's been leaking out. Even if we find some gasoline, it won't be a ton of help..." Legend replies.

"Well then, lets hope everyone is ready for a walk." Tony stretched and yawned before grabbing his jacket from the truck and slipping it on. "Hope we can find some spare clothes soon..." He looked down at the red mess his outfit had become. Taking down all those walkers back there wasnt worth the hassle of stiff, blood covered clothes. He shrugged it off and drew his blade, casually flipping it open and closed to make sure there wasn't any dried blood in the mechanism. "Just as smooth as ever...." he smiled to himself before turning his attention back to Legend, "Alright......so where to now?"

Legend pulls himself out from under the Truck, and rises to his feet, using his shirt to wipe off his hands. "We walk. We keep heading down the road. We still have 37 miles to go, but it'll be worth it. There's a town or two along the way, so we can do some scouting." He looks at the Truck. "Alright! Everybody out!" He yells as Martin rubs his thighs in anticipation. "Great... more walking..." He mutters.

"Hold up folks, we need to be prepared before we walk aimlessly. I currently have a pistol with 5 shots left, a piece of wood, a few kitchen knifes, and some basic supplies. We need to divey up what we have so it's equal, and we can protect our own backs a bit," Van said jumping out of the bed. He dumped his bag onto the dusty ground and reached in his pocket to pull out a small pistol. "Rushing will get us killed, we are as strong as our weakest person, and out here, unprepared is weak."

Tony leaned against the side of the truck and watched Van as he spoke. "Hm, the guy's attitude is off putting but at least his mind is in the right place." He slowly walked over and leaned down next to the supplies, he tried to section off the different supplies so they could get a decent idea of what they had to work with. After a moment of scanning he picked up the piece of wood and handed it back to Van. "....You can keep that." A sly smirk spread across his face as he walked away. "Lets try and keep everything organized so there isnt any confusion."

"I'm the only one who actually thought about this," Van said, taking the wood. He stuffed the pistol in his pocket, and grabbed a knife, two bottles of water, and two random cans. He stuffed them in his bag. "Grab what you want. This should be enough to keep us alive until we get there." He examined the wood in hi hand. The blunt side was stained with a deep crimson color, mainly from dealing with the zombies earlier.

Last edited:
Taylor stepped from the Truck and stretched her already tired limbs. She wasn't built to sit in a Car for so long. She watched the words exchanged and shared by the others. She decided she should scout out the area a little, and with that thought in mind, wandered away from the site, going towards the woods.

Tony noticed the girl walking off towards the woods alone and decided it would be best to tail her. After walking for just a short while called ahead to her. "Ya know, walking off by yourself probably isnt ideal in the zombie apocalypse...." He said with a smirk before drawing his knife and slowly scanning the surrounding area for movement. "Seems quiet enough..." he whispered.

"I was just... scouting..." Taylor replies, recognizing the voice, and turning around to face him. "Is that a bad thing?" She raises an eyebrow as she crosses her arms.

Tony took note of the slight attitude and grinned before putting his knife away. "No, its not a bad thing as long as your not alone. If you plan to go off I suggest you bring someone with you, just to be safe." He slid his hands in his pockets and took in the scenery now that he was fairly certain they were safe. "Your Taylor, right?"

She looked at the place he'd tucked his Knife. "Yeah... Taylor's my name. Wish I could ask the same, but... If I don't remember your name, that means you were unpopular, right?"

Tony grinned at the remark, "Sure, I guess you could say that. I didnt talk to many people. And my names Tony." He looked back in the direction the group was. "You plan to be out here long? Because we're gonna have to walk for awhile so lets not make them wait."

"I'm not finding anything out here, so I suppose heading back is the best course of action." She sighs. She walks past Tony before saying; "What do you think of Legend?"

Tony stops and thinks for a moment before grinning and walking forward, "I think we can trust him, he's an honest man on a mission." His attitude more gleeful than before, "Its kinda nice talking with people for a change."

Taylor looks back at Tony. "Mission? Sorry if I missed important 'dialogue', I was napping on the way up here... I do that when I'm stressed... so uh... what kind of mission do you think he's on?"

"He got someone to take care of. I can tell he's a protector and he's got people to worry about." He rand his fingers along the end of his streams straightening them. "I suggest we head back soon." He smiled before walking back to the others direction.

"Think we'll be safe?" Taylor asks as she continues to walk ahead. "Hey, why do you think he saved us? Some kids in a School he had to fight through..."