• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Ultimate Showdown: Pirates Vs. Ninjas

Where do your loyalties lie?

• Pirates!

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Ninjas!

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
Cyborg-Pirate-Ninja-Jesus.jpg

Beats them all

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Blisk, you're doing it wrong. Bleach and DBZ have NOTHING to do with Pirates or Ninjas. Just thought I'd let you know~

Ichigo has a big sword and is dressed somewhat like one could be. Dragon Ball Z has fighting skills that can be attributed to ninja. That's why. Not because I was being random. People are using Power Rangers and technically that's not ninja either.

Rex

Resident Furry
Ichigo has a big sword and is dressed somewhat like one could be. Dragon Ball Z has fighting skills that can be attributed to ninja. That's why. Not because I was being random. People are using Power Rangers and technically that's not ninja either.

The Soul Reapers, or Shinigami, are more like Samurai then Ninja. Their style of dress, and weapons of choice, are nothing like Ninja's. I have never seen anything in DBZ that has anything to do with Ninja, the DBZ brawlers are loud, flashy, and have no efficiency.

Anyway...
Henry%20Morgan.jpg
150px-Captainlogo_2005.PNG

Henry Morgan, a Privateer, which is a pirate who works for a home country, has a drink named after him.

[quote author=Blisk link=topic=7133.msg129000#msg129000 date=1262743658]

The Soul Reapers, or Shinigami, are more like Samurai then Ninja. Their style of dress, and weapons of choice, are nothing like Ninja's. I have never seen anything in DBZ that has anything to do with Ninja, the DBZ brawlers are loud, flashy, and have no efficiency.

Anyway...
Henry%20Morgan.jpg

Henry Morgan, a Privateer, which is a pirate who works for a home country, has a drink named after him.
[/quote]

In Dragon Ball, Son Goku states that his Grandpa Gohan taught him Kung Fu. This is is in the manga.

Rex

Resident Furry
[quote author=Tonyotter777 link=topic=7133.msg129003#msg129003 date=1262744587]
[quote author=Blisk link=topic=7133.msg129000#msg129000 date=1262743658]

Anyway...
Henry%20Morgan.jpg

[/quote]

In Dragon Ball, Son Goku states that his Grandpa Gohan taught him Kung Fu. This is is in the manga.
[/quote]

Looks like I have to show all this, or the entire post is a mess...

As I said before, Kung Fu is Chinese, and Ninjas are Japanese...

[quote author=Blisk link=topic=7133.msg129004#msg129004 date=1262745166]

Knowledge of Kung-fu doesn't make one a ninja.
[/quote]

I just said it was similar so I was attributing my side of this with them. Explain Power Rangers?

And to make this not SPAM....
naruto_gaara_cartoon.jpg

EDIT: Tonyotter's post wasn't until after I started posting so didn't see it...

But DB is Japanese. That's all. Can we please drop this? I honestly don't care if I was wrong and I"m not putting anymore of those two manga on here anyway...

EDIT 2: I also forgot to put that I didn't know Kung Fu was Chinese, so I attributed it to Japan since it was in a Japanese manga....

I just said it was similar so I was attributing my side of this with them. Explain Power Rangers?

I don't know about the first thing, but my Megazord is from when they were actually ninja power rangers at the end of the first movie.

And also,
[quote author=Tangrow link=topic=7133.msg129020#msg129020 date=1262750138]
As far as I am aware, ninjas do not have pony-based articles.
[/quote]
633507740094788102-when-you-see-it.jpg

NINJA HORSE!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Power Rangers was me, and it was used to mock the ninjas. Call it my way of taking a dig at the opposition.

Anyway, let's not have any more arguments over the inclusion of a DBZ picture - as it is utterly irrelevant, and completely spoils the fun for the rest of us. Let's get back to the original topic at hand: WE NEED MOAR PIRATES.