• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Rise of Rainbow Evolution (Discussion)

I think Sulfur would wholly dislike Ahi. I'll explain more in PMs if someone's super interested in why, but if this app is accepted*, I'd like the reasons to come up in RP rather than me just explaining it outright in the discussion thread for everyone to see. I'd like to have some surprises up my sleeve.

*I'm pretty sure this app should be accepted; Ahi looks like a really interesting character and I cannot wait to play off of this. [gets on one knee and presents a ring pop] Please be Sulfur's worst enemy.
I read sulfur’s bio and I think that would work really well!

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Oh. The shards are supposed to fuse with the Pokemon upon evolving? I guess I'll do that too.

Upon evolving, the shard does not properly fuse with Eve. Instead, it breaks and produces tiny iridescent sparkles all over the Pokemon. She also has a slight pink glow.

@Krisseon , speaking of things left forgotten, I had a bit of a problem with some of Meredith's profile, so I changed it. It wasn't much, just a more incorporated shard usage in Meredith's evolution and an edit to her personality. It seemed bland, and I'm currently trying to improve on a lot of stuff.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I did my freewrite for this week. I tried to keep it light-hearted, as Eve's backstory is not all that traumatic. She's only at the Pokemon Village so that she doesn't get caught, because she wants A) the freedom to adventure as she pleases, and B) the freedom to see her first trainer - the one shown in the freewrite - every once in a while.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
@zodiac_queen Sure, no problem. You can make adjustments as needed up until I start the official RP, which will most likely be some time tomorrow.

@EeviumZ I liked it! It had a wholesome feel to it.

@PlayfulFox47 Sure! The shard can fuse in whatever way suits your character best. That little detail was mainly to add a touch of personality to our respective evolutions.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
My second freewrite will be the other major portion of Eve's backstory. It will be a little bit darker but not as dark as a lot of the backstories from the Pokemon Village.

Krisseon

If in the description where I had clearly stated 'It's completely optional' wasn't a good enough explanation, then I will say it again. It is not necessary to participate in the Freewrite if you don't want to. It's there for those of us who would like to express themselves and their characters further in whatever style and fashion they'd like.

If in the description where I had clearly stated 'It's completely optional' wasn't a good enough explanation, then I will say it again. It is not necessary to participate in the Freewrite if you don't want to. It's there for those of us who would like to express themselves and their characters further in whatever style and fashion they'd like.
Oh sorry I must’ve missed that

Name:
Tilly.

Species:
Wingull, the Seagull Pokemon.

Personality:
Tilly is soft-hearted and carefree, as she is of young age and does not see the world in the way of others who live in the village. She carries her own burdens, of course, as every Pokemon who has come to the Pokemon Village has, but Tilly is much too young to let that bother her. She has a bit of a clumsy streak, sometimes falling over and failing to fly. That may also be her injured wing, but I digress. The young Wingull tries to be nice to everyone, even if they ignore her or act dryly towards her attempt to make everyone in the village feel at home.
While her unnecessary kindness is usually seen as naive to most, Tilly sees it as second nature. Meredith, a rehabilitated Eevee, serves as her guide, teaching the Wingull that while some Pokemon in the village may seem cold and stoic, even the dullest of Pokemon can appreciate her thoughtful gestures. Tilly listens to this advice, keeping her behaviors fluent and following the rules of authority Pokemon.

Backstory:
Tilly was lucky not to have had as much pain as most in her background- she doesn't remember much of her earlier life anywho. Tilly was hatched and taken care of in Sinnoh, received from a young trainer from his friend from Hoenn. She was named Tilly from the moment she hatched, and it's one of the main things she can recall. Her trainer spent months taking care of the baby bird, and Tilly was happy. She was happy, like most Pokemon were with their trainers, but soon, something changed. Tilly was expected to fight, after months of being babied, with no experience at all. The Seagull simply didn't know how to fight, well in her trainer's eyes, she didn't.
Her trainer thought that she didn't use her moves correctly due to 'disobedience', which turned out not to be the Pokemon's fault, as she was forced to fight Pokemon stronger than herself. After being deemed 'worthless' and 'weak', Tilly was tossed away, passed around by the trainer's family members before an accident. The thin bone in her wing that allowed her flight was broken, resulting in her inability to fly. The family member took her to the Pokemon Center, but after they were unable to heal the wing correctly, Tilly was left on the side of the road, cast out into the forest to fend for herself.
She wandered for a jumbled around time, most of which she can't recall like her naming, but eventually hopped into thevillage, after running from a Mightyena and emerging from the shrubs. She was taken in by a Azumarill, nursed back to heath, and released, free to live in the village alongside the other Pokemon.

Extra Info:
-Tilly has trouble flying due to her wing going lazily treated for awhile, and she can only fly for a short about of time before her aerial workings give up on her.
-Tilly is tutored by Meredith, as most younger Pokemon are taken care of by older and nurturing Pokemon.

RP example:
Already provided through Meredith.

| | | |

Here's Tilly, a rather side-ish character but someone who's rather important in Meredith's eyes.

I'm currently dealing with hours-long internet blackouts. I will fight tooth and nail to be able to make replies, but they may come out later than expected.

I'll be working on a second free-write while I wait for the thread to begin and might work on some free-writes while I'm forcibly offline. So there's that.

Edit: I decided to make this one light hearted.

Last edited:
@Mango137 You have no idea how much I am laughing at that statement! I am sure you can keep up with me, for I am not the best RPer, trust me. I am sure you are on the same level as me. (I really need to improve) I only write that good when I am not in any RPs... (You are much better than me when I first started)

Yeah same here. I got almost all of my posts flagged for using present tense instead of past. Trust me you are doing extremely well for someone new to this. Don't feel bad. I would love to see your character come to life like Wes has.

Well we would rather not do that. If you want us to we can help by pointing out anything incase you happen to auto or anything. Reason why Krisseon has pointed it out is to help keep the RP from being shut down.

Krisseon

So I take it you're choosing to commit to the role then Mango? Speak up now if you're still not sure. I don't need important character roles dropping out during the RP, and I'd really rather not make those roles NPCs.

Krisseon

Alright good. :)

On that note, I have to apologize to you guys. I don't think I'll be able to get the thread up tonight like I promised, I just haven't had the time to finish it just yet. (it's going to be a bit of a lengthy post) So we'll have to start it tomorrow.

Krisseon

Okay guys! So I'm still working out some stuff for the final draft of the RP thread and details for the plot, but rest assured, it's getting done! I'm just a bit of a perfectionist lol. But while we're waiting on the thread, I want to go over some things to make sure we're all on the same page for when we start. Please make sure to like this post as a way to let me know you've seen it and are up to date if you don't have a comment to add!

The Rainbow is more than just that. It holds a unique being inside of it, and she wants to be set free. She comes to them in the form of a white featureless entity, haloed in angelic white light. There will be a specific clue in each visit to the Dreamworld to help the pokemon understand how to help her, as she can't outwardly say it. But the clues will be vague and hard to follow. This is why the Eevees must team up to solve the mystery, as they are the closest thing to an answer.

I will be the one to initiate their entrance into the Dreamworld. To clarify a bit further, the Dreamworld is actually a torn layer of reality that the pokemon end up going to when they are asleep. So any damage done here, while not as severe, will remain in the Waking world as well (such as cuts, bruises, status affects, and general emotional trauma). I have also decided that instead of only the Eeveelutions being involved in these dreams, the entire Village will be a part of it as well. This will ensure everyone's ability to participate. It will make a bigger impact on the Village as a whole as well.

This is what I've decided to name the creature that hunts our protagonists. The Dream Catcher is who shattered the Rainbow, attempting to steal her power and become a physical being in the Waking world. He lingers in the torn reality between life and death, which is where the Dreamworld resides. He comes to them in a similar form as the Rainbow, an entity with no physical features, haloed in darkness. Though he cannot physically attack the protagonists himself, he has limitless power in the Dreamworld, summoning their worst fears and countless enemies to weaken them.

If his form envelops your Eeveelution, it drains the color from their shard. How much the color is drained depends on how long that pokemon remains in his form. This indirectly hurts the Rainbow instead of your character, and saps her of energy. If the shard goes gray, they will devolve back into an Eevee, and the shard will have to be put in the sun to rejuvinate its color. If all of the shards are drained, the Rainbow will die, and the Dream Catcher will be able to form a physical body in the Waking world, essentially dooming the Village, and eventually the entire pokemon world.

Uli knows about the Rainbow and the tragedy she'd been through, but she was unwillingly sworn to secrecy for her knowledge by the Dream Catcher's magic. She has something to do with what is happening between the Rainbow and the Dream Catcher, but she can't help that she can't speak of what she knows to her people. Because of her involvement, in the Dreamworld she is held captive by the Dream Catcher to keep her quiet and dangles her in front of the Villagers as bait for them to fight him.

Let me know if any of you have any questions, and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability without giving away any spoilers. :)

Last edited:

Krisseon

Also here's a sprite of what Uli looks like!
(hopefully it shows up for everyone)
Albino_Lapras.png

I like her as well! It really works, even if it isn't fully 'albino' by definition, though I suppose Pokemon look different as albino, but it's beautiful! I'm kind of tinkering with what I think Meredith looks like, but it's working out.

Uli is definitely going to be a great character.

Krisseon

Thanks zodiac, I've worked out quite an interesting backstory for her! She's easily becoming one of my favorite pokemon characters.

That will make for an interesting encounter Pumpkin! I'm excited to see the different reactions the characters will have when entering the Dreamworld!

Reaction? For Hako, fear and apprehension. :'|He doesn’t dream often as it is, and he won’t be very trusting of some dreamlike deity who just...appears to him. Should be interesting though.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
I have also decided that instead of only the Eeveelutions being involved in these dreams, the entire Village will be a part of it as well.

Could that mean that Gaia could potentially be in the Dreamworld aswell?
(It sleeps by shutting down its core to let the wildlife that is active in the night move from their homes on its body.)

Sure would be funny to have all the eevee's meet in the Dreamworld only for one giant Golurk to suddendly appear.