• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Rise of Rainbow Evolution (Discussion)

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
I'd like to join this rp, but I have to ask; does your character have to be a pre-evolved/non-evolvable pokemon because I wanted to use Golurk.

DevVoid

Well, I'm just about done with my bio, thing is, I wanted my Golurk to be unique. It would have a different typing (Being Grass/Ground instead of Ghost/Ground) as that would make more sense with its backstory. Should I post the bio and let you judge it or leave it as is?

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Hmm. I can't really say until I know the character, so go ahead and post it. If it's a convincing enough reason then maybe, but it's got to be a pretty good one for a pokemon to change typings like that.

DevVoid

Well, here it is then. I do hope I scaled the power right.

Name: Gaia (named by its creators)

Gender: Genderless, because Golurks. It prefers to be referred to by male pronouns, though.

Species: Ancient Golurk (Imagine a Golurk that's made out of cobblestone, wood, etc., has this tribal/primeval appearance and has moss and other plants growing on its shoulders, aswell as on other parts. The energy inside the Golurk is glowing a dark-green, similiar to the shiny version.)

Personality: Gaia is a mute as it is man-made and only has enough energy to move and attack, etc. It is ignorant of its surroundings due to being so tall, but when it is aware of allies being around it, it acts as careful not to step on someone. It's usually friendly around allies, but when there are enemies nearby, it goes into an attack mode, where it will relentlessly try to either make the enemy flee or knock them out. It tries to avoid accidentally stomping out any plants and creatures below its feet, but can easily trip and fall to the ground due to its size. Despite being mute, it can understand other pokemon and usually uses its surroundings to write messages for others to read.

Backstory:
Gaia had been buried half-way into the ground deep in a forest, unmoving. It had gone into a slumber after all the tribes had either moved on out of its reach or died off. During that slumber, a multitude of plants and animals had made its body their home. Only recently had it woken up from its slumber, sensing an impending danger approaching. It rose itself out of the ground and had begun wandering again, its mission to protect all villages in the area it can walk to from all danger that approaches any of them. Due to recent events however, it has decided to protect the pokemon village first. It doesn't know what type of danger it'll be facing, but it will protect every amount of wildlife it can before being destroyed.

Extra Info: Gaia, being man-made from ancient times, has no ability to fly unlike Golurks today. Instead, it has more defense and hp in exchange, aswell as being made bigger than other Golurks for better protection, at the cost of speed and attack power. As it was also made by ancient tribes who used primarily forest-based magic, aswell as having been overgrown with plants over the years, its type is actually Ground/Grass instead of Ground/Ghost. This puts it at a disadvantage compared to normal Golurks as it now only has an electric immunity, compared to the usual Normal and Fighting Immunities that accompany normal Golurks, but also at an advantage as it can now learn most Grass Attacks

RP example

Gaia was walking around the forest, each step shaking its very being, rattling the various plants that were residing atop its shoulderpads. It had been awoken from its millennia-long slumber due to a recent event striking a nearby village, one it used to patrol around during the old times, when the ancient tribes were still around. It had come to a stop and looked around, observing its surroundings. It couldn't quite remember where everything was, so it had to base its direction on sound alone. It went completely quiet, becoming near motionless and stood around, listening to the winds. It hoped to hear a couple voices speaking in a language it understands so that it may follow the source along as a little help.

Last edited:
Name: Hako

Species: Eevee

Personality: Hako is a loner, usually off by himself. In his time, he trains diligently, always with his nose to the grindstone until he burns out. Hako is on edge more often than not, twitching at every sound and staying wary of those he doesn’t know. This is a result of the environment he grew up in, where vulnerability was never an option. Despite all of this, Hako will be very loyal to anyone who earns his trust (Which will take some doing, Hako isn’t easily won over) Additionally, he possesses good instincts and well honed reflexes that he relied on during that time.

Backstory: Hako was hatched in captivity, but abandoned only a year later. His owner, a young boy, bought him impulsively from a breeder. After the initial excitement of a new Pokémon wore off, the boy couldn’t be bothered to properly care for him, and eventually abandoned him during a vacation.

This area, a vast, dry, canyon, was host to many fierce and territorial Pokémon, where “survival of the fittest” was common law. As a frail, scrawny Eevee, Hako was quickly forced to adapt. He taught himself to fight, and how to use his small size to his advantage. When he wasn’t being hunted, Hako trained. Running, fasting, lifting things twice his size, pushing and pushing while leaving little time for sleep. Hako was always determined to get stronger. As a result of his time in the wilds, Hako possesses incredible physical strength and stamina (for an Eevee).

One year, a great storm flooded a river that ran through the canyon, and he was washed downstream. Hako wandered for a few days, before discovering the village.

Favorite Color:
Red, for burning passion and will to survive.

Desired Evolution: Jolteon. Hako is restless and determined. Electricity practically runs through his veins. He is quick of body and mind, and can make decisions in the spur of the moment.

Extra Info:
-Hako is small, even for an Eevee, he was bred to be that way to look more “cute”.

-He has bandages around his stomach, where it was gashed while he was carried by the river.

-He has scars on his front and back paws and legs from rock climbing and fighting off predator Pokémon.

-The Pokémon he is closest to is Uli, who discovered him after he nearly drowned. He feels as though he owes her for helping him.

-His shard is located behind his left ear.

RP example:

Hako knew the trip to the riverside was never to be taken lightly. Hunters often waited out their prey here, the hot sun scorching the canyon would inevitably force them to come for water. Hako committed this fact to heart after his first close call only months ago, he was nearly snatched up by the talons of a hungry Mandibuzz. Now, he knew better. He kept his small body low to the ground, stepping carefully, and listening with intense caution. As Hako neared the waters edge, relief washed through him. It had been ages since he had water, and he was parched.

“Finally.” He sighed, relieved after finally getting some solace from the sun’s heat beating down on his coat. The moment of calm was short-lived, however, as Hako noticed the shadows of flying predators above begin to dance over the sandy soil. He had likely been spotted. Quickly, Hako darted into the underbrush, pawing past dead shrubbery and moving silt to hide himself. His breathing was heavy, but he did his best to remain silent. All he could do now was wait.

Please let me know if there is anything I missed or need to add/fix.

Last edited:
(Did my best)

Name: Ember

Species: Eevee (Shiny)

Personality: She is a very quite and timid Eevee as she mostly fears almost everything. Despite her quietness, she will help others when she is able if it doesn't scare her first. She tries to be brave within herself but her severe trauma sometimes prevents her from moving forward. She has a gentle temperament as she very supportive to others despite what she has been through.

Backstory:
She thought the trainer she had would be kind to her like most trainers she has seen but her thoughts proved her wrong. She experienced something that she would never forget for the rest of her life. He ended up torchering her to death with objects trainers should never use on a Pokemon including shocking her. He kept her locked up like a useless animal without eating or drinking. She didn't understand why her trainer was treating her this way until he said the word "weak" to her.

He ordered his Pokemon to beat her mercilessly until she could no longer stand on her own. Once he was finished, he tied a rope around her neck to a branch that was above a river and made sure it was loose until it snapped as the cage and herself fell into the water. She started to panic when she realized she was starting to drown with no way out. All she could remember was the evil look on her trainers face when she fell in as she started to cry as reality hit her. She was going to die from drowning in this river.

She thought all of her hope was lost until she heard a splash in the water, the door broken open, and felt something grabbed her, pulling her to safety. Once she coughed up the water, she looked up once her vision was clearly and saw that an Alola Ninetales had save her. She couldn't forget the fact that this experience traumatized her making her unable to become angry. Her past haunts her and remains quite about it as she developed a fear to almost everything making it difficult to have a friendship with anyone.

Favorite Color: Orange

Desired Evolution: Flareon, she absolutely fears water, mostly traumatized by it. She loves being near fire as she loves the warm of it. She also loves being against fur as this gives her a sort of warmth and protection towards danger. Her flames are just the same color as her shard but has just a hint of light blue in the middle. Her shard is embedded against her brown fur ather chest,but well hidden as it sometimes glows a bit.

Extra Info:
-She slightly smaller then the average size Flareon
-She doesn't go anywhere without the Alolan Ninetales Keoy by her side
-She is mostly quite all the time like she is afraid to speak so Keoy speaks for her sometimes.
-She mostly likes to wander at night watching the flames of torches and even lanterns with Keoy close by in the distance
- She wears four bandages around her legs to not reveal her scars on them as part of her head fur is longer than most Flareon covering her right eye as it is blind-
-She has blue eyes instead of the original Flareon color-

RP example: She had wandered through the night to see flames of torches and lanterns careful not to be seen by other trainers. She reminded herself that Keoy was close behind her but in the shadows just in case she needed to appear and protect her if she encountered danger. She trembled slightly as she had a recent nightmare that awoke about the same memory that traumatized her until this day.

She sat down on the top of the wall watching the flames closely inside the lantern remaining quite as she at least can clear her mind after that nightmare. She didn't want to think about water as she disliked it very much. She closed her eyes trying to control her breathing from the fear she has at the moment.

Name: Keoy

Species:
Alola Ninetales

Personality: She is a kind Ninetales that will help anyone in need including helping Pokemon in danger of dying which is how she met Ember who she had met when she almost drowned. She mostly acts like a protective mother towards young ones and makes sure they don't run into danger. Overall, she is very sweet and gentle once you get to know her but also very calm in difficult situations.

Backstory: She had ran into an abusive trainer once in her life but was able to get away before he could do any damage to her. She ran into the forest to hide until she came upon the Pokemon village. As she was walking along the riverside, that's where she saw Ember starting to drown as she jumped in to save her.

Extra Info:
-
Very protective over Ember

RP example: She had remained hidden in the shadows watching Ember closely as she watched the flames of the torches in the distance. She was also aware of her surroundings just in case she heard something in the forest following them.

Krisseon

@DevVoid Accepted. It's a unique enough backstory for the typing change to work. My only qualm with it is that if he was created by ancient tribes, he would be buried underground for much longer than just a year.

@Condor Accepted. Jolteon is yours. The only thing I would change is the leg injury, as there is already two other characters with a similar issue.

@LunarSilvally While the attempt is there, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your application. Your writing is not quite up to par for what I'm looking for in this RP, and your character's backstory is much too dark for the pokemon universe in general. It's one thing to have a character go through something traumatic, but that is just above and beyond what I was expecting. When creating a character you must leave room for them to grow as an individual and be able to progress through their journey, not scar them for life leaving them terrified of the world. I hope that you understand my reasoning, and maybe this will help you with some character development in the future.

@Lewish37, I am tagging you in this RP because I feel like you would be a good fit for it. There is only one eevee slot left. That would be Flareon. I am letting you know so you can plan your character accordingly.

Krisseon

@Condor Great! Your character is good to go!

Also I have added all new members to the Freewrite thread if any of you would like to make a creative post!
Info on Freewrite Free-For-All is there and also on this thread if you're not sure what it is yet.

Name: Ahi

Personality: Ahi appears as a simple naive Pokémon due to his outgoing and seemingly simple and positive outlook on life. If someone has a problem all he will say is “look at the bright side” or “just fix it” rather than offer a solution. However, this is not the truth. Ahi is actually very intuitive, and a life of overcoming adversity has molded him into the type of Pokémon that is not discouraged by challenges, but decides to have a positive attitude and keep plunging forward- finding wisdom in the simple words “life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.” He is typically kind to everyone, and enjoys watching over younger Pokémon and will defend them no matter what. Although he is pretty easy going, once he gets his mind set on something he is more stubborn than anyone. Ahi may be a gentle soul, but once he gets in a fight there is no backing down. Ahi is fueled by proving himself, the second someone says he is incapable of doing something, Ahi devotes himself to proving them wrong.

Backstory: Ahi was orphaned at a young age and grew up on the streets of Lumious City, providing for himself by stealing food off of unwitting trainer’s plates. While one might assume this was a tragic upbringing, Ahi typically had fun causing trouble around the city and established friendships with Pokémon that passed through. Although Ahi enjoyed himself in the city, he always had wished for more adventure and Pokémon to play with. One day he overheard two fletching in the city talking about an amazing place called the Pokémon Village and was captivated by their words. He begged them to take him there but was only laughed at with them saying he was too young to make the journey. He was not the least bit disheartened and when he saw them fly off back to the village he followed them over the course of 3 days until he arrived at the destination. Upon his arrival, he broke down from exhaustion and was nursed to health by the Pokémon of the Village. When Uli, the village leader asked his name he replied that he never got one. She then named him Ahi, meaning flame in an island language (Maori if you’re wondering) because of his fiery spirit that drove him to arrive in the village. He quickly grew attached to Uli, since he never had a parent of his own, and they now share a unique mother/son type relationship

Favorite Color: Bright Red, because it reminds him to always look at the bright side of things

Desired Evolution: Flareon. Even though Ahi is typically laid back, the burning passion for excitement and adventure inside of him is similar to the dormant fire within a Flareon. Additionally, his positive outlook on life demonstrates he sees life with a sunny outlook-fitting for that of a fire type. Upon his evolution he fused with his Shard and it now appears as a small red ruby that has replaced the pupil in his right eye, now linked to his senses and emotions. It does not affect his vision, but when Ahi becomes impassioned, the shard begins to shine and turns a more vibrant color, giving him a significant power boost.

Extra Info: His ears are particularly well trained from living in the city, thus allowing him to pick up on sounds from far away.

RP example: Ahi awoke rather suddenly. There was not a noise that stirred him, but rather lack there of. It was only his second night in the Pokémon Village, and he was still adjusting to it. A life of living in the cities, constantly hearing the chatter of passerby’s, the humm of engines, or the pitter-patter of movement in a nearby building had trained Ahi to be more alerted by silence than sound. Ahi decided to go for a little stroll in the moon-lit forest. He winced in pain as he began to stand, he had forgotten how sore he still was from his travels. He slowly limped his way through the trees, as he tried to familiarize himself with the new environment. As he wandered aimlessly he began to feel the slightest bit homesick. Although he loved the idea of adventure, the thought of moving to a foreign terrain as abruptly as he did made him a bit nervous. He had been slowly exploring for a few hours and was beginning to get thirsty. He heard a stream not far off and made his way towards there. Upon finding it he slowly lowered his head to drink, then decided to lay down as he was too physically worn out to venture anymore. When he looked out, Ahi was stunned by the breathtaking view. The Sun was beginning to rise above the river and took on a magnificent orange hue- his favorite color- and it tinted the sky beautiful shades of blue, yellow, and pink. He saw Hoothoot beginning to fall asleep, and heard taillow sing their morning songs. A Swanna guiding her young ducklette across the stream that reflected a vibrant orange shade caught his eye, and as magikarp splashed farther upstream the water droplets began sparkling vivid sunset colors. The amazing spectacle calmed Ahi’s worries about the new location. He had only been there two days, but he already knew it was home.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Yeah, I accidentally worded that wrong. I'll correct that now. Oh, and I might use male pronouns for Gaia since I'm so used to having male characters, so I'll add that to the bio too, just incase.

I think Sulfur would wholly dislike Ahi. I'll explain more in PMs if someone's super interested in why, but if this app is accepted*, I'd like the reasons to come up in RP rather than me just explaining it outright in the discussion thread for everyone to see. I'd like to have some surprises up my sleeve.

*I'm pretty sure this app should be accepted; Ahi looks like a really interesting character and I cannot wait to play off of this. [gets on one knee and presents a ring pop] Please be Sulfur's worst enemy.

Yeah but mine is just basically he has lived in the village all his life. I mean he just spends most of his time helping others and caring for the smaller pokemon. Also Von Pumpkin I don't think your character will like mine either.

Actually, EmoKitty, I think he'd like Sam. The reason he wouldn't like Ahi isn't immediately apparent. It has something to do with a part of Sulfur that he keeps close to his chest, which is hinted at in his and Brim's profiles, but not stated in so many words.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She doesn't have an incredibly traumatic backstory or anything. I didn't want her to have too much weight on her shoulders.

Name: Eve
Personality: Eve's a tomboyish rebel, with a thirst for adventure. She has no filter, always speaking her mind and making her opinions known. However, she does care for others, and will throw her life on the line if anyone dares hurt her loved ones. She feels a constant need to prove herself, and often gets into fights with her enemies.
She takes on a "help-for-hire" position in the village, as she's a jack of all trades. Healing, stealing, revenge, finding things, you name it - she'll do it.

Backstory: She originally belonged to a kind trainer, but she wasn't happy. This trainer preferred to play it safe, and Eve always wanted to live on the edge. Understanding that Eve wanted to run free, her trainer released her. They have vowed to see each other once in a while, and their bond remains to this day.
She was then caught by another trainer, who was much less kind. The trainer seemed to only care about battle, glory, and fame. She was never outside her Pokeball except to be shown off or battled with. The trainer never abused her, and provided her with everything she needed, but seemed to view Pokemon as tools and not friends. Angry, she broke out of her Pokeball in the night and smashed it, leaving shortly after. She made her way to the Pokemon Village, hoping to not be caught again - but still remembering her vow with her first trainer. She periodically goes to her first trainer to spend time with her.

Favourite Color: None in particular.
Eeveelution: Sylveon.
Though she may have a rebellious personality, she has a kind heart. She might hate her girly appearance at first, but will learn to accept it with time. I feel like it could be interesting, seeing her learn to accept that her appearance does not change her below the surface.

Extra Info:
- Her ability as Eevee is Adaptability. Her ability as Sylveon will be Pixilate.
- She's quite powerful for her species, as she's constantly training.

RP Example:
Eve was attempting to learn the move Sizzly Slide - but it was not going well.
She'd mastered Glitzy Glow and Sparkly Swirl with ease, and had picked up most of the other elemental moves as well, but Sizzly Slide was difficult for her.
Determination written in her face, she summoned all the energy she could and hurtled towards a tree, which had obviously been attacked many times prior to this one. Unfortunately, the intended Sizzly Slide instead came out as a simple Quick Attack with a hotter aura.
She sighed in resignation. "That's enough for tonight."

Krisseon

Now that all the Eeveelution slots have been filled we can officially start the RP! It may not be until later tonight or tomorrow that I'm able to do this though. I'll be visiting some family today and work starts again tomorrow, so I'll tag you all once it's up!