• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I picked Charmander, for three very good (IMO) reasons: Nostalgia, final evolution and cuteness. ^^" When there's a chance to have a charizard on my team, it gets it every time...

Heh, well, as my interest in legs is now known I really can't say my vote hasn't been pre-empted.

Actually I have other reasons for my choice, namely Quilava, not so much Typhlosion as its ratty face puts me off. Thats all that really needs to be said for me.

On another random tangent I could have seen endless sight based gags in the anime if Brock had caught a Cyndaquil, They did make a joke about his eyes at least once didn't they?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
There's been even less votes for this poll than the last, lol...

Last day to vote! There's still a chance that Cyndaquil could win... possibly... Probably not... :O

But heh. Showing your support never hurts ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Annnnnd looks like nobody listened. Instead, Charmander received yet another vote XD

So, what could've been an interesting mix for a final poll has ended up as none other than the old school starter trio. Surprised? I'm not ;)

As I said above, I voted Bulbasaur. For being my first Pokemon evar, it has stayed one of my top faves all these years and will probably continue to do so.

Next poll after this will probably be DDB's. Need more ideas for future polls, tho.

*SLAMS**HEAD**ON**WALL*

YOU INGRATES!!!

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, might as well vote. I vote Squirtle because the one May had was just adorable. ;D

I'm not sure who to vote. I think Charmander is cute, and I used Charmander/Charizard in my first EVER (legit) Pokemon fanfic (Teleporter, for those of you that remember Pokeschool), on my first ever RP team, and on my Fire Red team. However, Bulbasaur has grown on me a lot lately, and Squirtle's okay (when I got Blue version, which was after I had Yellow, Gold, and Silver I started with it).

So I guess it's all about the same. I'm a bit hesitant to vote for Charmander, since it is kinda cliche now (at least, that's how it seems to me) and because it seems like it will win. Maybe I'll vote for Squirtle? Bulbasaur? Charmander anyway?

Gah.

I don't like the first gen as much as second gen. T_T I wish there was at least ONE Pokemon not in the first gen that won! Maybe I'll wait until the end of this poll, then VOTE FOR THE UNDERDOG! X3

Edit: Wow. As of the time of this post, the all the Pokemon are dead even-each with one vote. All the more reason to vote later! ^_^;;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*BANGS**HEAD**ON**WALL**AGAIN!*

THIS STINKS!

If you don't like the outcomes, find more people to vote! ;)

It really would change things, tho I think that last poll would've been one-sided no matter how many people voted. Either way, we have enough active posters to get these over 20 votes, don't we? Certain people are choosing not to vote... which is funny, since it takes a few seconds to pick an option XP

But hey. Free rights n' all. But it's just like politics. No representation, no win for the little guy ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We need voting campaigns! "Vote Bulbasaur FTW! You know it in your heart to be true"

... Or maybe not. But we could advertise the polls in our signatures easily enough ^^;

And I may change this to every six days, because while seven felt to long, five feels a bit too short. Six is a nice halfway point ;)

Nuuu! Five days! Five days! I don't like the long ones. >_<

Still waiting to cast my vote...I don't think Charmander's getting it, though. I like voting for the underdog! ^_^;; Now I just gotta figure out if the "doggie" is Bulbasaur or Squirtle...maybe Bulbasaur...cuz...I kept getting it on the online Mystery Dungeon personality test. @_@

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nuuu! Five days! Five days! I don't like the long ones. >_<

Wasn't expecting that reaction ^^;

Any other thoughts on the matter? Five just seems on the short side, and may be why the latest few polls were given less attention... Maybe not, though. People may just be getting bored with them, lol.

Well, when I'm killing time here, it's something to do...but one thing to do in one week isn't keeping my interest. I like having more polls so I can vote more often, since it is something quick I can do to kill five minutes or whatever. ^_^;;

But that's just me...procrastinating...on my homework...-_-;;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
lol... This is the worst voting turn out yet! XD

Just my usual bump-reminder. Last day to vote. Did you throw your vote in for the underdog yet, Persian? ;)

Nope, not yet. Maybe I should do that now...I don't want to think I have an hour left but really miss the end!

Edit: Just voted for Squirtle. When I voted, Bulbasaur and Charmander were tied with 4 votes each, but the poor little Squirtle-turtle only had 2! So I have it another...so now it's only one behind the others. ^_^;;

I thought that after awhile...Charmander/Charizard got a tad overused...>_<

I guess that I just like the more offbeat Pokemon, or something. @_@

*huggles Johto starters*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Considering how close the final results were, I wouldn't say it was 'clearly' the best at all ;)
But good for Charmander. That wraps up our starter polls (until next time) ^^

And with that, the newest Poll is up. Six choices, lol... Ash's best rival. While May, Brock, Misty etc. could technically be classed as rivals, too, they're better off staying out of this for a future poll. Besides, six choices was more than enough :p

I would have voted for Gary, cuz he is THE rival of Ash...then I remembered that picture of Shinji I saw. @_@ He's kinda hot...*blush*

Plus, he sounds so awesome, and I have a fanfic character named Shinji with a similar hairstyle, but a completely different attitude! Plus, he's from Shin'ou...so that's cool...cuz Shin'ou for me is like, this unreal thing...so...GO SHINJI!

Plus, I expect Gary'll win, so he doesn't need my vote. ^_^;; SORRY OAK-SENSEIIIIII!

In my eyes, there will only be one who is worthy of being called Ash's rival - and that's Gary. He was a worthy opponent and he knew exactly what buttons to push to aggravate Ash (And yet, they still remained friends on some weird level).

Well, that plus I'm horribly nostalgic :p

Well, Morrison is just plain hilarious. He gets my vote! ;D

Edit: Ugh! Why does this keep happening? Every pole so far (I think) keeps ending up with the first choice getting an unfair lead! And you're all doing it to make me upset. AND IT'S WORKING!!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. You're right. The top one does always seem to win XD

*Makes a mental note to make the 'likely' winner of the next poll the last one listed* ;)

For that matter, what will the next poll be? As of now I don't have a choice made, but if no new ones are suggested I'll start skimming back through the topic and pick one of those.

Hmm...you could always do best "sidekick"...like Misty, May, Brock, Tracey, Max...even Todd, I guess, since he traveled with them.

Other than that...uh...I dunno.

Oh man. That's not even fair. Gary would win with both hands duct-taped behind his back, and has little pieces of duct tape covering his eyes, and the rest of them can have a spear even.

Yeah...you know, I had an idea...

You know how people always seem to have more time during the weekends? Well, maybe we could make polls open for shorter amounts of time during the weekends. Like have two polls per week, like this:

Poll A: Monday - Friday
Poll B: Saturday - Sunday

Like with polls like this. Gary gets huge amounts of votes, and just sits there...that could be a weekend poll...whereas less already-decided polls get the weekday slot so they have more time. Just a thought. *shrugs*

Another idea would be best legendary trio. The birds, the dogs/cats/whatevers, the Regis, the "emos"...maybe Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza could be included if they appear to be trio-y enough. We could also do best duo...Mewtwo/Mew, Ho-oh/Lugia, Groudon/Kyogre (if it applies), Latios/Latias, Diaruga/Parukia.

Best cute legendary could be Mew VS Celebi VS Jirachi VS Manaphy, and by changing "cute" to "unobtainable" you could add in Deoxys and all those DP ones I don't know about.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Like with polls like this. Gary gets huge amounts of votes, and just sits there...that could be a weekend poll...whereas less already-decided polls get the weekday slot so they have more time. Just a thought. *shrugs*

It's hard to say just how "already-decided" a poll is, though. All of these polls I'm putting up because (a) someone suggested it, and (b) you never know what the majority here will say until the voting happens. If a certain poll is super one-sided and people see that in advance they should speak up, because it's not really worth running the poll then =/

But I like the idea of weekend polls. Instead of going with the obvious win polls, though, I'd rather make them more simple polls with only two choices. And hey, you guys suggest some, I'll put 'em up.

Is the mutual feeling then that this poll isn't worthwhile and should be cut short? Doesn't matter to me either way, but it's really DDB's call.

Well, wait until Monday passes and if anyone besides Gary hasn't received at least one vote, end it and go on to May's rivals.

The pole for May's Rivals should be set up as follows:
Drew
Harley
Saori

May's CoD (Character of the Day) rivals (Savanah, Timmy, Erika, Joshua, Grace, Kelly, Jeremy, Anthony, Brianna and if there's more, let me know) won't be included just to keep the list from being to long and could probanly have there own pole.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aye. That one should give a better range, too.

I'd hope >>;

Might go for Persian's "sidekick" topic after that.