• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Rainbow Society— Romance RP [DISCUSSION]

There dwells a civilisation, on a beach island, full of culture- wild Pokémon live there, and they thrive on relationships, celebrating love. They call themselves ‘the Rainbow Society’- or RS for short.

RS makes its camp in a town surrounded by the vast ocean. You can enter the territory by rowing a boat or swimming and use the docks or a bridge to climb up to the surface from the outer reaches of the town. There are houses placed around the area. These houses are of every color, beautifully painted, with simple or complex designs. The town itself has many alleyways and sidewalks to reach houses on every level.

/ MIRROR PLANE
Beautiful salt flats are one of RS’s many features. It is a small area of water with such a high salinity level that it looks as if it is a mirror. One can see their reflections and others' in quite a stunning quality. It is often visited by RS members as it reflects the sky. It is a nice place to pass the time by fishing or looking at the clouds or stars.

/ GILDED PASS
This island is home to a lovely golden forest surrounding a lake. It seems to shimmer against the water, and is very, very astonishing at night. Behind the trees are regal, tall mountains that reach the clouds.

/ SAKURA VALLEY
Pink cherry blossom trees are among the edge of a green field, with some of the blossoms collecting onto the ground below. The field is mostly flat, with the hills being of the fallen flowers. Pokémon can go here to watch them while having picnics with their friends and family.

/ FUCHSIA MARSH
As you continue to walk through Sakura Valley, you will eventually come across another beautiful area. This place is called Fuchsia Marsh. The word 'pink' is this biomes middle name. It is a fully pink swamp and has pink grass, pink trees, pink water, pink everything! There are also moss bridges to cross over the low waters.

/ PRISMATIC SPRINGS
A hot spring that is filled with colors. There are different hills of springs, with the water in colors such as blue, orange, and green. In the middle is a huge, jutting rock. It is a popular spot that allows the RS members to relax from a long day of hard work.

RANKS

— commander

their word is law. commands the RS and organises celebrations.
CHERVIL played by @tokyomustard

— lieutenant
next in line. does everything the commander does.
AQUILLES played by @Zixal

medic

heals the injured and cares for the hurt.
ASTRA played by @limniris
DANIEL played by @Kiraru

faller
medic apprentice, learning how to heal.
AYLA played by @rubyrowlet

purpleheart
protects the rest of RS from invaders and predators.
SEBASTIAN played by @OmnipotentOnion
CHERRY played by @Starry Phantump
LOUIS played by @SprinkleWarrior
TAMMY played by @Cpt. Surplus
TYR played by @Mr.Glaceon
DIANA played by @Kiraru
(UNLIMITED)

— blueblood
training to be a purpleheart.
CINNAMON played by @SoulDemon

(UNLIMITED)

DA RULES
— regular pokécharms rules apply
— no shinies!
— put the phrase ‘flower petals’ in your form to prove you’ve read the rules!
— no mary-sues or gary-stus
— keep it to kissing!
— don’t be edgy
— i will look at your precious to threads to make sure you’re not lazy with posts.
— no homophobia. i will not tolerate any form of it.
— don’t write ‘flower petals’ in your form! instead write ‘japanese dijon’, so i know you read these all the way through!!

FORM

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Favourite place:

Name:
Chervil
Species: Serperior
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Always well groomed, quite attractive and vibrant. Has bright yellow eyes, and wears a pale yellow scarf.
Personality: Thinks herself superior to others and will not listen to reason when she thinks she is right- though, she is very inquisitive and intelligent, which is what lead her to have such a belief. She is also very good at giving advice, and is very fretful of others' wellbeing.
Favourite place: Mirror Plane

Last edited:
y e e t

Name: Sebastian
Species: Dragonair
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Just a normal Dragonair, but an Everstone hangs on a string of thread around his neck.
Personality: Sebastian is extremely friendly and even charming. He likes to make others laugh, and he's just an overall "buddy".
Favourite Place: Gilded Pass
japanese dijon (i'm actually dum)

Last edited:
y e e t

Name: Sebastian
Species: Dragonair
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Just a normal Dragonair, but an Everstone hangs on a string of thread around his neck.
Personality: Sebastian is extremely friendly and even charming. He likes to make others laugh, and he's just an overall "buddy".
Favourite Place: Gilded Pass; Sebastian finds the flower petals in the trees quite alluring

ooooH it’s this dude : D
Accepted!

I love your description of the locations, this looks like a great RP! Let me know if there's anything in my bio I need to fix! Japanese dijon!

Name: Astra
Species: Gothitelle
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: Ordinary Gothitelle. Astra makes a point of keeping her bows in perfect order, and her sable dress is always kept dust-free. Her cerulean eyes are set in a constantly heavy-lidded stare.
Personality: Astra tends to give the first impression of being cold and unexpressive. She speaks in monotone, rarely showing shock or surprise at events regardless of the topic. This is simply standard for her species, though; she cares very deeply for her friends even if she doesn’t often show it. Inside, she is a pensive sort of person, appreciative of beauty but all too familiar with its fragility.
As a medic, Astra takes her job very seriously. Organized and methodical, she keeps a routine daily schedule to ensure that everyone heals well. She can often be strict with those who attempt to avoid bed rest—but this is merely out of concern for their safety. Much of her free time is spent studying medicine to further improve her skills for her friends’ sakes.
Favourite Place: Prismatic Springs during the evenings to relax, Mirror Plane during the night to stargaze.

ooooH it’s this dude : D
I love your description of the locations, this looks like a great RP! Let me know if there's anything in my bio I need to fix! Japanese dijon!

Name: Astra
Species: Gothitelle
Appearance: Ordinary Gothitelle. Astra makes a point of keeping her bows in perfect order, and her sable dress is always kept dust-free. Her cerulean eyes are set in a constantly heavy-lidded stare.
Personality: Astra tends to give the first impression of being cold and unexpressive. She speaks in monotone, rarely showing shock or surprise at events regardless of the topic. This is simply standard for her species, though; she cares very deeply for her friends even if she doesn’t often show it. Inside, she is a pensive sort of person, appreciative of beauty but all too familiar with its fragility.
As a medic, Astra takes her job very seriously. Organized and methodical, she keeps a routine daily schedule to ensure that everyone heals well. She can often be strict with those who attempt to avoid bed rest—but this is merely out of concern for their safety. Much of her free time is spent studying medicine to further improve her skills for her friends’ sakes.
Favourite Place: Prismatic Springs during the evenings to relax, Mirror Plane during the night to stargaze.

ACCEPTED! that's a great bio!!

Name: Cherry
Species: Emolga
Sexuality: bisexual
Appearance: has blue fur instrai of yellow, wears a large pink bow on the back of her head, and has bright red eyes. Other than that a normal emolga
Personality: cheerfil optimistic, and even though she acts that way she is emotionally depressed and paranoid
Favourite place: Sakura Valley as it provides a place for cherry to relax and talk to herself

"Japanese Dojin!!!!!"

Name: His name is Daniel.
Species: He is a Ditto.
Gender: Male (Although Ditto is normally a genderless Pokémon, he will be a male in RPing to make everythig easier since his traits lie more towards the masculine side.)
Sexuality: He is as straight as a line on a graph with the equation of y = 0.
Appearance: Daniel is often seen as being smaller Pokémon or the baby variants of other Pokémon, as he cannot transform into a size bigger than two feet or thirty pounds, along with being unable to transform into evolved or legendary Pokémon due to a corruption of his DNA he had since birth. (This is also for other obvious reasons.)
Personality: Daniel tends to have a rather calm outlook, as he is patient and observant when it comes to dealing with encounters. He tends to pretend to be like the Pokémon that he is transformed to based upon how he wants to act as their age, since he likes to make others off guard in order to escape or even gain an advantage in battle when the situation presents itself. Although he can be a bit silly at times, Daniel can still get the job done with some dedication involved.
Favourite place: He does not have one yet, since he is still trying to find out what a japanese dijon is.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
*ascends
DID SOMEBODY SAY R O M A N C E
yeet
Name: Cinnamon
Species: Bulbasaur
Sexuality: Heterosexual(straight)
Appearance: regular Bulbasaur with deep teal eyes
Personality: soft spoken, hopes to please everyone and is devastated when someone is angry at him. Essentially, he's like a C I N N A M O N roll, he's sweet
Favourite place: Prismaratic Springs
have some CINNAMON FLAVORED flower petals.

Last edited:
*a small, bell-like Pokémon sits near Soul while leaving a note*

Still currently working on my post since I am keeping the Pokémon that Daniel is not too obvious here since he is already transformed into a Pokémon. (And certainly can't just be having people bunny my character like last time.)

*the bell-like Pokémon rings the bell on its head, as a series of modest chimes echoes through the room*

Almost done with my post, I will be having my character start off in Mirror Plane since that area fits the Pokémon's habitat he currently is.

Don't you think Japanese Dijon are beautiful?
Name: Louis
Species: Glaceon
Appearance: Nothing out of the ordinary except a indigo bandana that he wears around his neck.
Personality: Louis is a proper gentlemen, he is polite, poised, and intentional on his well planned battle strategies when fighting a formidable opponent. Yet, he can't get somewhat compulsive and emotional if he encounters a ' special ' individual, he might resort to dazed mumbling for a little bit before snapping back into the reality of the situation. Other then that embarrassing flaw, he is a patient Glaceon who will one day find his true love so that he has someone to express his romantic poems to.
Favourite place: Gilded Pass at sunset, where he can relax and gain inspiration for his small poems.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Due to the distinct lack of any kind of action anywhere so far in my other roleplay, here comes-a me to this-a one to do something. Romance isn't really my style, but hey. Try new things.))

Name: Aquilles
Species: Clawitzer
Sexuality: Imagine a flat board pressed between two flat, weight-distributed hard places, and you'd have a pretty good visualization of how little curve there is to his straightness.
Appearance: Aquilles is exactly as a Clawitzer ought to be: large, strong, and tough-shelled. He has a scar here and there from obvious battles, but he’s nothing too far out of the ordinary from a general Clawitzer.
Personality: Aquilles is as tough-guy as it gets. Being a Pokemon that is naturally bred for combat, this Clawitzer has worked to be what he is through sheer willpower and perseverance. As any proper Clawitzer should be, Aquilles is a water powerhouse, and acts like it in all aspects of his life. In spite of this, he’s still capable of feeling emotion, as well as creating bonds. He usually prevents this from happening, however, by convincing himself that it is his duty to protect others, in any situation, from the unjust.
Favorite
place: Anything water-related. Specifically speaking, the lake in the Gilded Pass, and the Prismatic Springs

You ever tried putting japanese dijon on top of flower petals? Don't. Horrible flavor combination.

Name: Tammy
Species: Meowstic
Appearance: A Meowstic in her prime. She wears a clean white beret with black stitching around the rim, a blue slashing symbol on the center of the beret symbolizes her role.
Personality: Outgoing and wild, she's one to take risks partly due to her Psychic abilities and the other knowing she could fix herself up. She aims to the one who starts the conversation and ends it, making everyone involved in it. Though some might say she acted similar to a male meowstic because of how supportive she is rather than aggressive nature a female would have. But she could be the best aggresive meowstic if called upon.
Favourite place: Sakura Valley

Japanese Dijon, what's that?

Last edited:
Also, I'm pretty sure Japanese dijon is some kind of mustard. I'm probably way off, though.

Edit: I was indeed way off. Dijon is a place in Japan.

Also, I'm pretty sure Japanese dijon is some kind of mustard. I'm probably way off, though.

Edit: I was indeed way off. Dijon is a place in Japan.

well, actually, 'japanese dijon' is a kind of alternate form of my name!
tokyo's in japan, so 'japanese'
and 'dijon' is a type of mustard.
so.... tokyo mustard = japanese dijon!

Asdfgh I'm not sure who to ship Astra with... any offers? Gothitelle is hard to match up with ;~;
agh, idk.... go forth on a quest!! if youre finding it too hard, i'll make another character.

Name: Tyr
Species: Tyrantrum
Sexuality: Lets not get into specifics.
Appearance: Think a Tyrantrum at the age of 70-80. Grey hair and black body.
Personality: Tyr is quite calm and relaxed, often acting after much thought. He has alot of knowledge of many things due to age, making him a prime member of the Rainbow's Purpleheart Trainers. Tyr also is well respected among the high ranks, as in his prime years he was up there. But as he aged, time took its toll.
Favourite place: Anywhere calm.
Rank: Purpleheart, The Teacher for Bluehearts specifically.

Name: Tyr
Species: Tyrantrum
Sexuality: Lets not get into specifics.
Appearance: Think a Tyrantrum at the age of 70-80. Grey hair and black body.
Personality: Tyr is quite calm and relaxed, often acting after much thought. He has alot of knowledge of many things due to age, making him a prime member of the Rainbow's Purpleheart Trainers. Tyr also is well respected among the high ranks, as in his prime years he was up there. But as he aged, time took its toll.
Favourite place: Anywhere calm.
Rank: Purpleheart, The Teacher for Bluehearts specifically.
ahh... what's the secret word?

Asdfgh I'm not sure who to ship Astra with... any offers? Gothitelle is hard to match up with ;~;

If I get in I'd be happy to maybe match my oc with Astra?

Name: Terri
Species: Gardevoir
Sexuality: the homo of sexual
Appearance: Theirs not much special about Terri, she's got a blue dress but that's it. japanese dijon
Personality: Terri generally like to keep in the back ground and no really get noticed, but around some people she can be a bit goofy just because she's bad at social interactions
Favourite Place: mirror planes

I should have guessed that whole "tokyo mustard" / "Japanese dijon" thing, I feel so stupid right now

Last edited: