• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Pruie Region

"That was an interesting battle." Angel stated. Admittedly, she was a little taken aback by the random peck on the boy's cheek, but she decided to pretend she hadn't seen that. She looked to Luke. "If you're up for it, I'd be willing to battle as well." Angel stated, Rikki scratching his claws next to her. The Zangoose almost seemed as pumped as Luke's Riolu had earlier. She chuckled. "I think Rikki here would appreciate a good battle."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: @fasttypingyay You can't be autoing. (The act of role playing as another RPer)
BIC: After beating the first gym, Harry went to the Pokemon Center. Before he headed inside he saw two trainers finish a battle. He overheard somebody else asking for a battle. "Hey, how about you battle me? After I heal my Pokemon, of course." Harry said the other trainer. "You see my Pokemon just evolved, and I would like to test their new skills."

Raina sighed. For the past 15 minutes, she'd been swamped by cries of "Azu Azu!" and "Cynd! Quil! To!" as they seemed to mock the new trainer and the recent events with kissy faces and strange noises.
Raina tried to write in her journal, but the noises bothered her.

"I'm going to a more quiet place," Raina grumbled, going downstairs to a table in the back of the cafè.

"I suppose I can oblige." Angel replied. Once again, her Zangoose scraped his claws together. "Zangoose! Zan!" He called. "But I can only do a one-on-one. my other Pokemon is being taken care of in the Pokemon Center." She informed as she walked to her part of the "battlefield" that she assumed they would be using, Rikki walking next to her. "We'll wait for you here!" She said. She looked to Rikki. "You ready for our first battle together, Rikki?" She asked. Rikki nodded. "Okay, what're you packing?" Rikki did a quick display of the four moves it knew. "Got it."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"If that's the case then I trust my Pokemon to be able to take you on without needing healing, go Ignis!" Harry said. Ignis didn't seem tired at all even after battling Beautifly. He was full of energy and got into fighting stance. Ignis trusted that his trainer knew what to do. This will be easy. Harry thought.

Raina finally found her inspiration and began writing crazily. "Hey!"
The writer yelped, throwing her pen at the noise.
"Sorry." She apologized sheepishly, closing her diary and grabbing her pen.
"I'm kinda on edge from something that happened..."

Raina decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and told him everything that happened in the battle, though she assumed he'd probably leave after a few sentences, as it really wasn't interesting. To her surprise, he listened to the whole thing. She tried to make it fast so she didn't follow the whole "women talk too much" stereotype.
"So uh, yeah," Raina stupidly summed up.

Luke had retired to the Pokemon Center after celebrating their first victory in the Pruie Region. He wanted to rest, but Riolu wanted to explore.
"Tomorrow Riolu," Luke sighed, letting his eyelids slide shut, "Tomorrow."
"Ri," Riolu nodded, curling up beside Luke and going to sleep.

"Yeah," Raina shrugged.
"I was angered and knew beating the crap out of him really wouldn't help, so I figured kissing him to confuse him was better. I don't know." Raina added quickly, starting to drift off to sleep before snapping awake.

After defeating Serena, the bug type gym leader and a short celebration with his Pokemon. Alfred walked back to the poke center.
"Great job, Guys again." Alfred said to his pokemon once more. After walking up to an another trainer, who he recognized as his neighbor, Raina, He asked "Hey Raina, could I join you?"

"I guess I'll take the first move, then?" Angelina figured, giving a small smile. She may have not been one for socializing, but Pokemon Battles? That's where she came alive. What she enjoyed. Her friend from Goldenrod had taught her the basics, at least what he'd picked up. When her mind drifted to him, she hoped that he was alright. Her mind quickly went back to the battle that was about to occur. "Okay, Rikki, let's open up with a Poison Jab!" Angel called. A smirk crossed the Zangoose's face as it's paws become drenched in a purple liquid. He charged and sent a small series of blows at Ignis. They hoped to get Ignis poisoned from the very beginning of the match.

Sorry if I auto. To be honest, this is my first RP on a forums site and I'm not familiar with the rules.
Also, I do not want to make it so that I find someone when they aren't where I am, because I don't have a lot of time to read all of the posts.

When Hysan saw the trainer leave the gym and find a battle with another trainer's Zangoose, he saw a battle end, with a Riolu using a last-second Return attack on a Cyndaquill, defeating it. The girl disappeared, but something must have happened, because the boy who won was confused. Hysan ignored it. He went to the Pokemon Center in order to rest, and he found who he knew to be the confused boy who won the battle against the Cyndaquill earlier resting.

The next day, Hysan decided to train his Pokemon against more wild Pokemon in the forest, but his Pokemon were already level 14 stat-wise. He challenged the gym. "He-hello?" He said into the ominous gym filled with webs and Caterpies. "And who might you be, young man?" Asked a woman he'd never heard before. "I am Hysan, and I have come to challenge this gym," He replied. "Um, do you know where the gym leader is?" He asked. "Well of course I do! She's me! I'm Serena, by the way," replied the woman. "OK, so do you accept my challenge, or...?" Hysan asked, unsure. "Sure thing, let's get this rolling!"

"Dustox, you're up!"
"Charmander, I choose you!"
"Dustox, gust!"
Charmander was hit, but Hysan knew what to do.
"Charmander, now! Ember!"
Super Effective hit! Dustox fainted!
"Ugh... Venipede! Go and use Steamroller!"
Charmander tried to avoid but failed.
"Uh-Oh, if this doesn't hit, I'm in trouble. Charmander, FIRE FANG!"
Venipede fainted from the super effective attack!
Charmander is level 15 and rising!
"My last Pokemon, go Beautifly!"
"Come on Charmander, we are faster, use Ember!"
Beautifly was hit by a super effective move but did not faint!
"Beautifly, Gust!"
Charmander is losing HP quickly!
"Charmander, one last time, EMBER!!"
Beautifly fainted.

"YES!" Hysan yelled. "My first gym badge!" "Well, great job there, kid. Here is your Insect Badge," Serena told him. "Thanks, miss!" Hysan exclaimed. Suddenly, the room was filled with light. "Whoa, Charmander is glowing! It's gonna evolve!" Hysan said excitedly. When Charmander evolved into a Charmeleon, it learned Dragon Rage, so Hysan forgot the move leer for it. He got to a Pokemon Center and rested for a bit, when the boy who won the other battle finally began to stir.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle ran to the nearest forest and start farming. Snivy had a pretty good sense in battle it could dodge moves that were pretty unpredictable. Snice was also very smart. But it weakness always get the best of her. "Snivy let's battle that caterpie!" Kyle said ready to train.

"Snivy! Sni!" Snivy said reasy as ever.

"Snivy use use Vine Whip and throw the caterpie in the air!" Kyle said thinking quickly. As he thought about it snivy had the type disadvantage. But one thing came to mind. The caterpie saw it'd time to strike and used tackle which didn't use alot. "Snivy! I want you to use vine whip and launch in the air, then when it's high enough force it back down." Kyle said hoping would work.

"Sni! Vy!" Snivy said as she did the action.

Caterpie came down with what should of been aloud thud but more of a tiny explosion. Snivy came running back to Kyle, treecko didn't believe his eyes which everyone could tell. "Yay snivy! If we do this during the bug gym we could win!" Kyle said excitedly. He picked up Snivy and ran to the pokemon center before he went to the bug gym.

OOC: Lampent evolves at level 40....

BIC:
"Ha, yeah, besides it's getting late. I'd challenge the gym, but I don't think it'll be open. Besides, my Azurill is level 6, and my Cyndaquil is level 9." Raina said, bringing her journal upstairs to her hotel room.

She entered, only to see both of her Pokemon curled up on the bed, taking up all the space.
"Guess I'm sleeping on the floor," She grumbled, laying down on a blanket.

Luke woke up. He had had the strangest dreams. They were all strange alterations of the kiss the girl he'd battled had given him. He blushed, thinking about it. Riolu snickered, sensing the sensational Aura pouring off of Luke.
"Shut up Riolu," Luke said with a smile, nudging his friend.
"Rio," Riolu suggested.
Luke couldn't understand what Riolu was saying, but he figured out what he meant. They were going to see the girl again. Luke pulled on a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts, and walked out the door. He didn't know what room she was staying in, but she'd come out eventually. He sat down, and ordered a ham and egg breakfast.

Hysan watched as the boy woke up, and he spoke to his Riolu about something and went off to eat breakfast. Maybe I should introduce myself, he thought to himself. Hysan put on a white shrit with a blue hoodie over it and some dark jeans on and went to the table the boy was sitting at. "Hi, my name is Hysan Dax. I saw you earlier defeating a girl with an Azurill and a Cindaquill. I learned that the girl lightly kissed you on the cheek, perhaps for confusion or she liked you. I don't know anyone here, except a boy named Harry. So, what's your name?"

Last edited:
Raina woke up on the floor, before remembering her Pokemon were hogging her bed.
"Get up," She said, nudging her Pokemon awake.
Raina hoped to be the first one out so she could grind before challenging the gym.
Luckily, it was bug type so she could use ffire moves, but her Pokemon were severely underleveled, plus her azurill was very weak, with the 2nd worst stats in the Pokemon world. Hopefully her high friendship levels would cause Azuru to evolve.

She left the hotel section and took a free granola bar from the Cafè. Raina hoped she wouldn't have to run into anyone else.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Hmph," Harry said as Kirri started to hit Ignis with Poison Jab. "Jump and use Double Kick!" the trainer told his Pokemon. Ignis got on top of Zangoose and kicked it in the face with his powerful legs. "A fighting type has an advantage against a normal type," Harry said with a smirk. "Alright, Ignis follow it up with an Ember attack!"

"Luke. Luke Branson. Nice to meet you Hysan. And thanks for explaining a bit more about that kiss. And as for people I know around here, I guess it's just you and the girl."
"O," Riolu added.
"Riolu's right. I don't even know the girl's name. Well, I was just gonna wait around but I- oh. She's right there."
Luke saw the girl taking a granola bar from across the room.
Maybe I can just slip outside, Luke thought to himself, I really want to catch another Pokemon.
"Anyways, see ya around Hysan. I'm gonna go see if I can find a wild Pokemon."
Luke started walking towards the door, hoping that the girl didn't see him.

After Luke introduced himself and left, Hysan's head whipped around and he found the girl who was defeated grabbing a granola bar. Hmm, Hysan thought. Maybe I can find out more about this business with Luke and the girl, he kept thinking. "Excuse me! Girl with the granola bar! Please come to my table. I need to speak with you."

Last edited:
Raina whipped her head around.
"What?" She asked, slightly annoyed by the interruption to her exit.
"Quil!" Toast exclaimed, also annoyed.
Raina just wanted to leave Pflugervilla and getting interrupted again wasn't part of her plan.

Rikki took the Double-Kick and stumbled back, letting out a groan of annoyance. As the Ember attack neared him, Angel shouted "Dodge it!" The Zangoose had done as his trainer asked and leaped over the Ember Attack. "Alright, Rikki, let's go! Crush Claw!" Angel commanded. Rikki happily obliged his trainer's order as his paw was enveloped in a white light. He descended towards the Fire- and Fighting-Type Pokemon and swung his Crush Claw attack down in the direction of it's head.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle ran into pokemon center, returned snivy. Then he set treecko on Nurse Joy's desk then put snivy's pokemon her desk. "We'll be back with your pokemon shortly." Nurse Joy said as she took the pokemon away. Kyle has probably waited at the desk for 5 minutes until Nurse Joy came back with his pokemon.

"Treecko, Tree." TreeCko said with a smile.

Nurse Joy handed Kyle snivy's pokeball. "Have a great day." Kyle said. Treecko jumped on his shoulder. Then started to go for the bug gym.

"Sorry to annoy you," Hysan said sheepishly as the girl looked in his direction with an aggravated "What?" "I need to ask, would you happen to have a map of the region? I'm new here, just moved. Also, what's this business with that boy you kissed after the battle you lost? I was spectating it after I saw a boy named Harry win a battle at the gym. I won at that place as well," said Hysan as he threw out Charmeleon. He then smiled in what his mom called a "centaur smile", which was the only smile he ever had. Hysan had no idea what this meant, but he'd probably find out soon.

P.S to Azuru: IDK if I'm allowed to do this, but I believe I think I know some of the stuff you will add in your next post, so I don't mind if you auto my character for that one post.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Quick, counter it with Brick Break! Then use double kick again!" Harry ordered. Ignis's arms began glowing maroon and then blocked Kirri's Crush Claw. Then, Ignis used his legs to kick Kirri again. "Just a little longer and this battle's over," Harry thought.

"Rikki, counter that Double Kick with two Crush Claws, then follow up with a Poison Jab!" Angel commanded. Happily obliging to his trainer, the Zangoose's second paw also became enveloped in white and they clashed with the Double Kick. Then he pushed his paws down on Ignis's. He used it to go into the air and land behind the Combusken before his paws turned a purple hue, and he sent blow after blow aimed at the Combusken's back with the Poison Jab.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Ignis got hit with the Poison Jab and got poisoned. "Now I got you right where I want you," Harry said with a smirk. Ignis took out a Pecha Berry he hid and ate it, curing him of his poison. "I planned to use that Pecha Berry for this gym leader's Dustox in case my other Pokemon couldn't do the job. But now the Pecha Berry is helping me against you. Ignis use Low Sweep and Brick Break!"

Last edited:
(OOC: A: That is considered autoing, because you forced the hit. B. What I did was not, because I never said the hits connected.)

BiC: Rikki fell on his back as the Low Sweep. "Counter it with Poison Jab!" Rikki lifted one of his paws up and connected it with the Brick Break. The other one headed in the direction of Combusken's chest, several times over. If the Zangoose was to be intercepted, he would try again. After fighting in the wild like he had, Rikki had no intention of being beaten in his first battle with his new trainer.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
After watching Ignis get hit by Poison Jab, Harry resorted to his last attempt at victory. "Ignis hit it with all you got!" Harry shouted. Ignis nodded and began shooting fireballs and trying to hit Kirri with his fighting-type moves.

Raina sighed.
"Look, I gotta go. I don't have time to talk to every single person who stops me. And how does literally everyone know about that?" Raina asked, eating her granola bar.

"Rikki, try avoid what you can! Prioritize dodging any Fighting moves!" Angel called, starting to worry about her newest addition. Rikki managed to avoid most of the fighting moves, but a decent amount of the Fire-Type moves hit it. Rikki stumbled back and fell to one knee, although the Normal-Type stayed concscious. He looked at the Combusken, a dangerous-looking smirk on the cat ferret Pokemon's face.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Oh crap," Harry said. "Use Brick Break on his chest!" Ignis started charging the Zangoose. "If this doesn't work, at least I have one more chance," Harry thought.

"Last chance...." Angelina muttered. "Rikki, Rock Tomb, follow it up with two Crush Claws!" Angel shouted. The Zangoose let out a shout as rocks amterialized in the air and were sent flying at the Combusken. Once they were in motion, the Zangoose ran on all fours in Ignis's direction. Once they were close, he stood on his hind legs and leaped, sending one Crush Claw for the Combusken's Brick Break and another to the Pokemon's head.

"Alright then," Hysan said. He left and went to the next route. That was rude, he thought to himself. "Perhaps she really wanted to leave. Don't blame her though, I wanted to leave that place too," Hysan was half thinking, half muttering. "Ah well," he said aloud, "I'll just try to forget it and go beat the next gym. I think I'm the most ahead, even though I never really battled anyone," Hysan said, partly triumphant, partly sad. He was really good at Pokémon battles. Perhaps he would challenge that Luke Branson next time he met him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Ignis, return," Harry said sadly. "C'mon Stella, I believe in you," Harry muttered. "Go Stella!" A red flash appeared out of Harry's Pokeball. A Staravia was in the match. "You go first," Harry said with a smirk.

"Apparently you didn't hear me when I said it was a one on one." Angel retorted as her Zangoose walked to her side. "Like I said, my Totodile's in the Pokemon Center right now. But it was a good fight." She added with a small smile. "C'mon Rikki, let's get you healed up." She said as the pair walked through the doors of the Pokemon Center. Angel returned the Zangoose and gave Nurse Joy his Pokeball.

Hysan heard someone yell at his direction, "Want to battle?" Hysan's head whipped around and he saw a boy running up to him and holding a water stone and gem. "Um, do I know you?" Hysan said. "I'll introduce myself. I'm Hysan. Hysan Dax. I'm from Alola and I'm en route to the next gym so I can catch up to everyone since I'm the newest one here, probably. Also, yes, I accept your challenge. Go, Zigzagoon!"

Last edited:
Raina sighed, regretting being so rude to that trainer. She took a handful of granola bars and put them in her bag before leaving.

Raina decided to go grind in the dark forest. After murdering some Pidgeys, both her Pokemon were level 12.
"Good job, Azuru!" She praised, stroking Azuru''s soft head.
Suddenly, Azuru began to glow!

"You're evolving!" Raina said in amazement. As the light dimmed, Raina could see her Azuru become a Marill.
"Mar! Mar!" Azuru shrieked in excitement.

"Okay. Well, let's go back and heal then challenge the gym leader," Raina said, heading down.

Raina eventually got lost between the trees.
"Any idea where we are?" Raina asked her two pokemon, who both shook their heads.

Eventually, Raina came across a clearing with a small pond in it. The water looked surprisingly clear.

"Azuru, is it safe to swim in?" She asked her newly evolved Marill.
"Ril!" Azuru jumped in, happily swimming.

Raina didnt have a bathing suit, so she decided to wade, as it wasn't too deep.
After a while, Raina just dipped her feet in the pond water, eating some granola bars, She enjoyed the little peace she had here, and hoped no one would interrupt her.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Sorry, I forgot. It was a good fight. Return, Stella." Harry healed his Pokemon and went to the next route. He was walking and saw a Mareep. "Awesome! Go, Ignis!" Harry called. Ignis got into fighting stance. "Use scratch and then ember!" Ignis nodded and unleashed 3 miniature fireballs at the Mareep. Ignis's claws began to glow and Ignis scratched the Mareep. "Go Pokeball!" One...two...three...ting! "Return Ignis. Come on out Mareep! Nod once if you're male or nod twice if you're female," Harry said. The Mareep nodded once. "OK. I'm going to call you... Ovitruam. Alright, return," Harry said. He continued walking down the route and saw two trainers about to battle. He sat down near a tree and decided to watch the match.