• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Just finished my last final for the semester but, since this was my worst semester ever due to stuff like getting hit by a car and having the worst case of senioritis ever, I feel more like crying than celebrating :'|;_;;_;:(

Telltale Games has give its TWD game fans another trailer, with a bit more informative footage. Apparently, it is coming out early next week, so excited! In the meantime, I'll continue to keep my eye out of TWAU Episode 2. Might even check out the comics, because that was a cool game, much better then I expected!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Magpie's Pet Hates on the Self Service Machines

1)
Customer: *Pushes help*
Me: "Can I help you?"
Customer: "Excuse me, do you mind if I put this back? I don't want it anymore."
*Hands the item to me*
Oh I'm sorry… I didn't realise 'Can I put this back?' actually means 'can YOU put this back?'

2)
Customer: "How do I know which side is the bagging area? These things are so complicated!"
THE BAGGING AREA IS THE AREA WITH BAGS IN IT!

Nine hours a day on the Self Scan. What is my life?
^_______^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie's Pet Hates on the Self Service Machines

1)
Customer: *Pushes help*
Me: "Can I help you?"
Customer: "Excuse me, do you mind if I put this back? I don't want it anymore."
*Hands the item to me*
Oh I'm sorry… I didn't realise 'Can I put this back?' actually means 'can YOU put this back?'

2)
Customer: "How do I know which side is the bagging area? These things are so complicated!"
THE BAGGING AREA IS THE AREA WITH BAGS IN IT!

Nine hours a day on the Self Scan. What is my life?
^_______^
As someone who regularly confuses or just breaks self-service machines, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for having to deal with people like me. xp

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Apology accepted, haha! General confusion doesn't bother me, I'm there to help :) But those two issues come up like every few minutes or so and I just can't cope xD

The only problem I've had with self service machines is when one went crazy on me and kept saying "Unexpected item in bagging area". I only had the ice cream I just scanned in the bagging area ;-;

Holy crap, I'm on my 400th post?!

Geez, that was fast. The span between the 200th and 300th was about a year. This time, it only took a little over two months. Although, if Playground posts counted, I would probably be past 1000 posts by now. >:D

Anyway, this clearly shows how much I've grown to love this place, especially after all the new changes, none the least of which is the awesome Creative Corner! So, I'm glad I've stayed long enough to reach this milestone, and I'm also glad about the fact that I have no intention of ever leaving.

So you're all stuck with me, muhahahaha > : D

Welp, I'm currently having "fun" watching a Let's Play of Outlast in the dark...with headphones on. It's not the smart thing to do if you want to avoid having a heart attack, but then again, I have never yet acted sensibly when I've watched horror movies or other players playing horror games, and I don't intend to start now.

But good God, my heart's racing...

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Good tidings friends. Today is a momentous day! Today is my 6th anniversary of joining PokeCharms! :up: I came for the PRPs and stayed for the awesome denizens of this crazy and proud community! Here's to you my friends for making these last 6 years fun and interesting! ^_^

It was a great movie!! And now that I have seen it I kinda want to do a Lord of the Rings marathon with the Hobbit (an unexpected journey) To pass the time till the next one comes out.

Also 100th post!!! It took me two years but I finally hit this mark. I'm so happy~ *dances*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Some call it the Watcher in the Depths. Some call it Warden of Order. Some call it the Lord of Serpents. I personally call it George and feed it Poképuffs. And it does the most adorable little food dance."

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just saw the Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug and I can say I am very happy now. But that ending.... Derp I'll wait patiently till the next one comes out I guess.
I'm seeing it on Christmas Eve as our family Christmas movie. Can't wait at all :D

Seeing a Pantomime tonight with my mum, as is our tradition. Jack and the Beanstalk here we come~

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I... I feel like crying right now. My PS3 is dead! The hard drive malfunctioned so all of my and my brother's save files have gone bye bye! ;_;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Had such a good Christmas with my family and friends and I'm so thankful for every single one of them ♥

Sadly though, today… it's back to work! Wah.

Christmas was fairly terrible this year, only saw my family for about an hour, which was filled with arguments and forced photos. I already wish the Christmas holidays were over but I've still got another month off, stress and work beats lonely and bored any day of the week.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I'm so extremely happy, like, I don't even! My cousin got me the most gorgeous purple dress for Christmas and I actually look attractive for once in my life. I'm so uber pleased! It fits perfectly too. I'm so used to wearing baggy stuff to hide my shame so this is a complete confidence booster for me. I'm hoping once I look a bit more shapely, I can post a few photos of moi in the dress later on. ♥

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Happy new years, everyone!
I wish you all the best for 2014. ♥

In other news; I've obtained Tales of Vesperia!
I've not played it yet since I had things to do today...
...but I look forward to it being my first game of the new year! : D

Happy New Year to everyone at Pokécharms. When I first joined back in September, I was hesitant and worried that about feeling like an outsider; however, I was surprised to be welcomed with open arms by members and adminstrators, and in time I have felt like an equal member of this community.

Though we may consider ourselves at the most acquaintances & never actually met in the real world, I appreciate everything that people such as @Teapot , @Linkachu , @Shiny Eevee , @Magpie , @Doctor Oak , and @Toastie have done since I joined & I want to thank you, and everyone else in this forum community, from the bottom of my heart.

So, to every member of Pokécharms, no matter what part of the world you may be in, I wish you the best of luck in 2014, and that you are full of fortune in your games and your lives outside of pokémon.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Don't let the door kick you on the way out~

(Salutes Corey as the WAAAHMBULANCE drives away with him securely confined within).

He led a full life. Shame about the POH!kemon style exit, though. Ah well.

On a side note, there's gotta be a better way to start the day than waking up in the morning. Or, er, the afternoon as it turned out.

my brother put up a level 1 slakoth with 4 IVs and Pursuit (from the batch that he'd been breeding) on the GTS for a Zapdos as a joke and got it. he got a Zapdos. for a Slakoth. life is not fair

anyway it's called Mohamed and it has 3 IVs. i am insanely jealous. i'm putting up a mudkip for an articuno i don't care what you say

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Had a random dream about a giant hotel that I was lost in, but the only part I can remember clearly was meeting @Teapot and @Demelza in one of the halls xD We hugged and chatted about stuff before I resumed my quest to find the six floor (the stairs were doing a brilliant job of hiding). Strange dream :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My current avatar was drawn by a kickass artist known as Irene (sometimes known as Featherclaw). I commissioned her to draw me a picture of Linkachu several years ago and never had the opportunity to properly avatarize it due to our smaller avatar size limits back then. Sometimes I really appreciate the new 200x200 pixel limit. ♥

... Although, when I post on the forums this avatar looks blurry to me and I can't figure out if it's my eyes or the fact that the upload was 200x198 verses 200x200. :x