• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pizza Topic

Yes, that's right. A thread dedicated to the discussion of Pizza >=D

CC_Pizza.jpg

What are your favourite Pizza Toppings? Do you prefer Thick Crust, Thin Crust, Deep Dish or those fancy Stuffed Crusts? Would you rather order Domino's, Yellow Cab, Pizza Hut, some other pizza parlor? Discuss it all here.

Recently, I've discovered the delicious combination of shrimp and garlic from Yellow Cab, and have several times attempted to recreate the pizza at home. Sadly, I've yet to find the right combination of cheese and spices to make it taste remotely like the pizza there. Before discovering this, I was an avid fan of meat lover's pizzas, and even more specifically, pepperoni. I also prefer chewy thick crust pizzas over crispy crunchy thin crusts. I've yet to try a proper deep dish pizza, as there are no restautrants here that serve those ='/

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Katie and I rule this topic, just fyi.

Anyway XD Despite the widely known lust love I have for pizza, I'm fairly picky about it. I prefer to eat purely pepperoni pizza, and I love all the different crusts. Occasionally I do like it with sausage, and if you throw mushrooms into the mix I'm still ok.

As for places... My family tends to go back and forth between Pizza Hut and Dominos. I love them both, but after so long eating from one of them you crave the different taste of another chain. We also visit a few of the non-chain parlors in the area. We're lucky to live in the vicinity of many delicious pizza places, so I can't complain when it comes to that ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm crown prince in this chow-fest :3

I tend to alternate between Dominos and Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut because it's good for delivery. Dominos because it's next to the school and it's easy to go over and get one for lunch.

I usually go with a pepperoni or plain cheese pizza, in due to saving money for later meals. However, I also enjoy jalapeños and other spicy toppings when I don't need to worry about expenses, as well as any kind of meat. (gotta love Dominoes Meat-Fest pizza ^^) The only toppings I don't enjoy on a pizza are olives and mushrooms, I prefer olives with bread, and I just don't like mushrooms in general. I tend to go with classic pizza or thin and crispy, although I once tried a stuffed-crust when Pizza Hut was doing that pepperoni and cheese stuffed crust special some time ago. That pizza was heaven...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Usually I go for the standard Cheese and Tomato pizza, with Pineapple added on. The crust depends on where I'n eating - sometimes I like a Pan crust, sometimes not. Place of choice would normally be Pizza Hut, although we have a Dominos about five minutes away from where I live, so sometimes we'll go there.

I don't usually like other sorts of pizza. Pepperoni pizzas always have too much Pepperoni, I generally don't like meat on my pizza, and I've never tried one with any sort of fish/seafood on. Four cheese pizzas are usually nice, and if they get it just right, they're very, very nice. I had one during my recent trip to London and it was awesome. Shame I couldn't finish it :V

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sem said:

8)

Also, Magpie: no pepperoni? Blasphemy! D= (ps. - ILU still~)

Seeing that they viciously tore down our Pizza Hut years ago, I can't eat their pizza on a regular basis anymore. :( BEFORE they were removed however, I basically rotated between Pizza Hunt, Domino's, Pizza Delight (which are an awesome Atlantic Canada chain), Little Christo's Pizza, and other more local places. During the summer I buy from Greco a bit, too, but only summer because they're nearby the cottage. I had bad experiences with Greco in the past... crust was never cooked enough... at least they're better now. @_@ Mmm, there's this one place in a shopping mall food court near my work that makes very thin crusted pizzas, and when those pizzas are hot out of the over they're to die for. ♥ Then we have East Side Mario's which actually makes pretty good pizza, so I'll usually buy one as my supper combo. Boston Pizza isn't bad either, but I tend to avoid the place because it's horribly overpriced. :p

I'm a meats lover myself. As long as the pizza isn't loaded with ground beef, I'd eat any meats pizza - but it should have pepperoni as a main ingredient. I love the spices of pepperoni and Italian sausage. ♥ That said, all meats is not my ideal pizza. I have a love for the salt, and an obsession with green olives. I adore the things; eat 'em out of the jar like candy. Any pizza with green olives on it is awesome, so that's my main ingredient after pepperoni. Then I'll compliment the two with either sun-dried tomatoes (but only Pizza Delight's because they do them right), Italian sausage, or anchovies (if they're available). Yes, anchovies. They've got a great flavor on pizza.

I'm not a fan of pizzas loaded down with mainly veggies. Don't get me wrong - I love my veggies, just not on my pizza. It's usually about the texture and the way it changes the taste. The only veggie topping I tend to put up with are green peppers, but only if they're cut into very small pieces. That said, I've tried some gourmet pizzas from places like Boston Pizza that were really awesome (and didn't have pepperoni), so I wouldn't say I'd never eat them. They're just never my first choice.

I'll eat any crust myself, although I'm actually not a huge fan of the stuffed crusts. Usually the crust falls apart, the cheese leaks out, and it gets all hard and not yummy. I'd rather a garlic crust with no stuffed cheese myself. Calzones/Panzerottis are also really tasty, especially when they're glazed with garlic butter. I usually only buy them from Pizza Delight (they have an awesome combo with 'em) and my work cafeteria, though, because otherwise I generally prefer proper pizza.

OH! Totally forgot. Pizza Delight makes one of the best specialty pizzas I've ever tasted: a seafood pizza. Pieces of shrimp, lobster, whole scallops (and just the right size), cheese, and a creamy Alfredo-ish sauce. It's one damn good pizza, and hands-down the best seafood pizza I've ever tasted. Now that's one I'll happily go for that doesn't have pepperoni on it. :)

Gonna give a random shout-out to Delissio Pizzas, too, my favourite of the frozen oven-bake pizzas. They're just as good as the commercials make 'em out to be. x3

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I usually go for the simple cheese and tomato, but if I feel like treating myself I'll go for a chicken and pepper pizza instead. The latter smells amazing when cooked, tastes just as good, but often makes me feel like my stomach's housing a raging inferno...which is actually pretty cool when you think about it like that.

Cheese, tomato, chicken and pepper - my quartet to a fiery pizza of win.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The main pizza places I usually go for pizza include Pizza Hut and Domino's, though there are some good non-chain pizza places here. My family usually orders pizza from Pizza Hut if we ever have a pizza night simply because they like the crust of their pan pizzas. ^^;

My favorite toppings usually consist of cheese, pepperoni, sausage, ham... basically anything that's meat. Cici's also makes some really good barbeque pizza that I always have to get whenever I go there. I really dislike any of the veggies that people put on pizzas, which includes spinach (who the heck would do that!? amazingly, however, almost everyone I know likes it >_<), bell pepers, and onions. I'm okay with mushrooms, but that's probably as far as I'll go for anything non-meat.

Also, extra sauce ftw~

...I may be the only one here to be a strictly plain cheese pizza person XD

I've got maaaajor texture consistency issues, and so anything that breaks the cheesy-sauce-ness just bothers me. Then again, I eat like four things in general. When it comes to crusts, I like the plain ones, but I generally don't eat them anyway. As for where, I'm not really sure XD It's usually between Domino's, Pizza Hut, and a little place nearby called Mamma Mias. All pretty good places.

Nyohoo~! Pizza. Well, I enjoy most pizza, usually regardless of the topping. The dream pizza of mine would be thick, doughy base with lots of cheese and tomato sauce. For the toppings:
Mushrooms
Ham
Pepperoni
Chorizo
Tuna
Peppers

*drools*

My favorite topings are pretty much every Vegetarian's nightmare. That's right, the Meatlovers >:D

That's Ham, Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, and a little hamburger meat. and btw,

Sem said:

You two may rule the topic, but I am undefeated in a pizza eating contest! >8D Hiyaaa!!!

Ah, pizza... The greatest food ever invented!~~

Sometimes I go cheese-only, but rarely. I usually go Domino's cheese with olives and peppers. When it arrives, I cover it in various taco sauces. I know it sounds gross, but hey. Don't knock it 'till you try it. I try to convince my mother to do deep dish of thin crust, but she rarely goes along, so I'm stuck with the fluffy crust. It's alright, but I like things crispy.

CiCi's pizza is really good, especially the O`le, or taco pizza. It's quite spicy, which I love. but it has nothing on my mom's taco pizza. It's regular pizza crust and sauce, with spiced meat, and smothered with cheese. Unlike CiCi's, I can add my own toppings. And you have not lived unless you have tried it, I am not kidding.
That is all. I'm gonna go get some pizza. Bai.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Doubled said:
You two may rule the topic, but I am undefeated in a pizza eating contest! >8D Hiyaaa!!!

Yeah, but you've never been in a contest with me. I would beat you so hard it wouldn't be funny... well... to me it would~ Especially if you ended up in tears.

My parents own a pizza restaurant, and it's the most brilliant thing I've ever tasted (that would be the food, not the restaurant...). Pepperoni and cheese are enough for me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sem said:
Doubled said:

Yeah, but you've never been in a contest with me. I would beat you so hard it wouldn't be funny... well... to me it would~ Especially if you ended up in tears.

What he said, only about me and not himself. :)

A

Anonymous

Personally I prefer the air a thick crust pepperoni ,onion ,ham and pineapple.Sometimes I also enjoy a pizza with fish ,shrimp ,and other seafood.

Most commercial pizza places are completely terrible and you're a monster for liking them.

;)

I'm actually pretty spoiled for pizza; I often make my own at home. I like making thin crust pizzas with tons of cheese, meat and a layer of spinach to try to offset the damage to my arteries. The only commercial pizza I can stand is Pizza 73 and maybe Pizza Hut. There's also a place in Hawaii called the Brick Oven that makes the best pizza in the world. Soooooo gooooood. I also ran into a guy in Calgary who does pizza catering with a portable brick oven who made AMAZING pizza. Unfortunately he didn't have a retail location, which made me sad.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Depends really :x I find that even places from the same chain differ. So yes, some are bad. But not all are~