• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
meanwhile my character is just hanging out on a building
oh that reminds me.
mind editing your character sheet for me? it's uh... it's just way too on-the-nose with Blade that there's no real distinguishable difference between the two, and it's super off-putting, especially considering we're aiming for original characters. not all powers need to be original, but you're already going to be using Blade in Bootleg Bros. no need here.

also, who was the person who claimed a Death Note OC? cuz that shit ain't happening.

(hoping i can join)

Alias: N/A
Age/Gender: 16, Male
Race: (idk what this means)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Bored and wants thrill, yet can never find it
Flaws: Is pretty much a normal human
Powers:He will be reborn after dying
Backstory: Just an average boy, who one day died, and came back alive, and wants to feel the same feeling he felt right before he was killed for the first time, yet he never has been able to

comic

(hoping i can join)

Alias: N/A
Age/Gender: 16, Male
Race: (idk what this means)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Bored and wants thrill, yet can never find it
Flaws: Is pretty much a normal human
Powers:He will be reborn after dying
Backstory: Just an average boy, who one day died, and came back alive, and wants to feel the same feeling he felt right before he was killed for the first time, yet he never has been able to
sorry, but i'm gonna have to decline.
it's my fault, really, i keep forgetting to close the roleplay. sorry.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
@Shen: King of the Mist So, Crosshair uses the sewers alot to make his way around the city. Would him and the Trash King have run into each other before? If you'd be down with that, what do you think their relationship would be?

Hmmm hard to say. Looked back at his bio and I didn’t see anything about sewer diving lol.

But mainly Prince Percy gets along unless attacked, of if he’s trying to get away with petty theft. So he treats himself as a sovereign nation, so I imagine Crosshair if he did meet him would be a little disturbed, but wouldn’t shake up the pot, as he knew Prince Percy would take care of other intruders in the sewers. Like a beneficial parasite.

Dang Larua has a rotating door alliance lol
"Everyone gets messed up"
"Okay guess I'll work for you Patriot"
"Okay guess I'll work for you Warren"
Next Percy will offer him a place in the trash kingdom and he'll accept it with grace lmao.
Anyways since we're private now I think we should probably call up anyone who joined the rp but did not make a post in the main thread (Or have gone inactive) to see if they still want in. Not 100% sure if we can account for them in plot at this point, but it does seem like it's ramping up with these new Warren buddies...

comic

Alright, so, it's lore time again, ladies and gentlemen.

This time, it's Heralds lore.

Ignizio and the other heralds are not the first heralds. There have been millions of heralds before them, though only about a couple dozen went to Earth before Ignizio and his crew did. There are thousands upon thousands of other habitable worlds in the universe, and other heralds were sent there, though 'herald' wasn't always the name used. The heralds sent to Earth before Ignizio and co., for the most part, became the Gods of mythology, deciding to rule over mortals as kings rather than simply laying waste to the planet and enslaving the world, not to mention the big bad has countless other worlds to visit prior, anyway, which would explain why he's taking so long to get to Earth.
Supers exist because of these heralds. As we're all aware, a majority of Gods in mythology would get frisky with humans from time to time, and from that spawned the first superhuman individuals, though the exact genes are randomized, which is why so many supers have so many different abilities.
The Gods of old eventually disappeared, either killing each other out of competition, getting slayed by their own subjects, or simply going into hiding. The original heralds had all but disappeared by the time Ignizio and the others arrived, and even then, they still haven't been preparing Earth much.
But the time approaches, and Mr. Big Bad is on his way.

Last edited:
Does that make Foursythe and Larua/Alex original Herald spawn then? Explains their 2000+ years immortality and peak human/superhuman abilities for one thing. Of course that's up to Shadow Pup but I think it'd be interesting for the Heralds to see these two Herald babies running around in these human affairs (Or disregard for them entirely in the case of Larua)

Speaking of, I wonder how the new Heralds (Ignizio, Skade, Kronos, and fourth unnamed dude or dudette) feel about those who exploited their power for pointless worship in the past with that revelation, or if they are even aware of that. I kind of painted Skade as thinking humans are laughable regardless of worship and interpret Ignizio as feeling, deep down, the exact same as Skade does- Given his reaction to his apparent follower and silly title. Kronos seems way too laid back and hands off to be involved with that sort of thing, but that's up to Dark Fairy.

Forsythe sighed, examining the beast as it neared him and having an interesting idea, he gave the trash king a little joke salute and dived at the creature being swallowed up and torn to shreds only to revive 5 minutes later inside it. He looked around and saw what he was looking for, among the trash that made up the creature there was a long metal pole that had been snapped causing both ends to be sharpened. He then began to attack the creature from the inside breaking away at its body.

Welll a couple things I want to say about this, as funny as the idea is lol.

1. If five minutes went by, Prince Percy wouldn’t have just stood still there the entire time. He would have disposed of the body.

2. The thickness on the inside is just as much as from the outside, only difference is that your in the center of what’s basically a creature made of supernatural muscle in a trashy casing. Not exactly a good place to be if you know what I’m saying.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ok so basically the reason I had him do what he did is because he isnt intimidated by the trash creature and was too lazy to dodge any attacks, he has actually weakened himself by using a weapon instead of fists to lure Percy into thinking he is weak. But as for the whole 5 minute thing I dont know.

Ok so basically the reason I had him do what he did is because he isnt intimidated by the trash creature and was too lazy to dodge any attacks, he has actually weakened himself by using a weapon instead of fists to lure Percy into thinking he is weak. But as for the whole 5 minute thing I dont know.

So maybe editing is needed here? Because that would help clear things up a bit.

Okay, I said I would do and it and I have. Apologies in advance for the mass tag.

CURRENTLY ACTIVE ROLEPLAYERS
@Gamingfan
@=Nightshade=
@The Dark Fairy
@comic
@OmnipotentOnion
@BurbleBurble
@Shadow_Pup
@Captain Cardboard
@Martin Pine
@ThePlayfulFox
@DevVoid
@Shen: King of the Mist
@<Inkscape>

POSTED BUT HAVEN'T FOR AWHILE
@The Alright Attorney
@Cmeriwether
@Arrivederchi
@~Patriot~
@Captain Pokémon
@NotAPokemonRanger

APPROVED BUT HAVEN'T POSTED
@Killerbunny the god
@Joelkjn Ōkami
@Mystic Zander
@Schrift
@Funny Sans Rat

I'm not necessarily looking for you guys to come back to the RP, especially if you aren't interested in it or think it's too far ahead- I'm just trying to see who we can effectively retcon, write out, or potentially make space for. If you are interested in the RP still, I recommend talking with us here to figure out a good place to reinsert or simply insert your character into the plot. There's plenty of stuff for us to develop. I can also update the summary again, and possibly make a simpler, to the point one, but that's up to you guys.

I'm guessing from the lack of responses to my giant @ wall just shows that those other folks (Who were accepted and haven't posted for the most part) just aren't interested in it anymore.

Also I'm pretty sure that if half of what Warren was doing was ever leaked to the public, there would be mass panic. I don't mean a riot or two picketing out front of the headquarters, I mean NATO is going to label him as a planetary threat sort of panic. Being completely willing to chop up kids is one thing, but that could be painted as some sort of greater good thing. Same thing with the Patriot v. Warren feud, Patriot may be a celebrity, but he has near zero government oversight, the government won't say too much if he shows up dead. But if they learned that Warren not only knew aliens existed, but these are planet busting aliens who are ready to start planet busting at the drop of a hat, can give a good fight to Patriot, and that imminent doom and omnicide may be coming, and that the CEO of the biggest corporation in the world knows this and is working with them anyways, it's gonna be a hard sell to recover from.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
But if they learned that Warren not only knew aliens existed, but these are planet busting aliens who are ready to start planet busting at the drop of a hat, can give a good fight to Patriot, and that imminent doom and omnicide may be coming, and that the CEO of the biggest corporation in the world knows this and is working with them anyways, it's gonna be a hard sell to recover from.

Ryghedro: *sweating nervously*

comic

I'm guessing from the lack of responses to my giant @ wall just shows that those other folks (Who were accepted and haven't posted for the most part) just aren't interested in it anymore.

Also I'm pretty sure that if half of what Warren was doing was ever leaked to the public, there would be mass panic. I don't mean a riot or two picketing out front of the headquarters, I mean NATO is going to label him as a planetary threat sort of panic. Being completely willing to chop up kids is one thing, but that could be painted as some sort of greater good thing. Same thing with the Patriot v. Warren feud, Patriot may be a celebrity, but he has near zero government oversight, the government won't say too much if he shows up dead. But if they learned that Warren not only knew aliens existed, but these are planet busting aliens who are ready to start planet busting at the drop of a hat, can give a good fight to Patriot, and that imminent doom and omnicide may be coming, and that the CEO of the biggest corporation in the world knows this and is working with them anyways, it's gonna be a hard sell to recover from.
and then there's the things Warren has done or will do that I have yet to reveal, which only boosts the danger he poses even more so.
like what i'm about to reveal right now. remember when we started this and i made it clear there had been a rising population of supers that came out of nowhere? Warren played a hand in that.
or maybe how high tier Patriot is. Warren's trying to make more.
or maybe the fact that he caught and imprisoned an Egyptian God and has been using his DNA to fuck with genes ever since.
and don't get me started on what he's hiding in that room that was breathing introduced briefly to Ignizio.
yeah, he's definitely a planetary threat, even without the fact that he's recruiting heralds.