• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

Alias: "Cerberus"
Age/Gender: 18 Female
Race: Human
Alignment: True Neutral - Opposes the Paragons, but will work with their members if need be
doesn't care about "Right" or "Wrong", if you are doing something that opposes her views, expect a visit.
I imagine that she'd look like Blade from Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX,
but until i DRAW her, have a link to the inspiration instead so that i comply with rp rules
https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Blade/Gallery?file=UnmaskedBlade.png (Blade/Gallery)
this would be without the mask that im including
and
https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Blade/Gallery?file=Blade_-_Luminous_Avenger_iX.png (Blade/Gallery)
this would be without
and also the sword
https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Blade/Gallery?file=BladeConcept3.jpeg (Blade/Gallery)
wooo obeying the rules and still showing off the concept
also yeah, Xacto Whip blades are amazing
and yeah i DID use a lot of inspiration from gunvolt ok its one of my favorite series leave me alone
Personality: Calm, Calculating and fast-witted. Tends to make friends easily. When angered, tends to just walk off and calm down instead of overreacting. Dislikes those who look down upon others. Extremely passionate for certain things. When not out in the cities, her personality is vastly different, where she is extremely extroverted and helpful. Then, she tends to be a Tomboy and somewhat hyper.
Flaws: Tends to act on impulse, dislikes authority, hates getting taunted, can get overwhelmed if there is an important decision. Somewhat aloof.
Powers: Fulgurokinesis
Lumen can produce, discharge and absorb all forms of electricity. Quite literally a living battery. This electricity usually comes in the form of lightning. She can also direct the lightning to her Odachi, "Winterwind". When she does such, it can slash through many things similar to a lightsaber, but it can be hard to wield due to its size. The blade can detach part of it's length to become swifter. The blade also can become a whip, where the electricity can crack off. Yes, it's basically an X-acto whip sword. The blade itself is incredibly tough, but it CAN be broken. However, Lumen can replace the blade, though it takes a moment. The whip form exposes the weaker parts of the blade, and is more susceptible to breaking then.
Lumen can use her Fulgurokinesis to shoot lightning, create balls of energy similar to Ball Lightning, called "Dragonsphere" and "Crashbolt", creating a giant column of lighting on herself, hitting anything above her, and if she's in the air, below her as well. A more powerful version of this is called "Sovereign Crashbolt" when combined with "Voltaic Chains". There is also "Shockfall", where she flips backwards, spinning her blade, before implanting it into the ground, electrifying the ground, temporarily paralyzing the foe for a while. She is better able to control and produce electricity and lightning when it is incredibly cloudy, dark or both. When there is sparse clouds, her Crashbolt nor Sovereign Crashbolt can not be activated, and Dragonsphere is weaker. Although Lumen isn't affected by water as much, her electricity will disperse throughout it and is basically harmless if so.
She is nimble and acrobatic, and is a masterful scholar of the blade. Her speed is unreal, but not faster than people who specialize in speed.
When she's desperate, she can chant an incantation to summon large, ethereal chains from many places to trap people in them, before they are violently charged with as much energy as lumen can give. This is called Voltaic Chains. However, doing this is not only time consuming, but also expends energy to the point of where she can barely stand. Her lightning based attacks do slowly drain her energy, but she can temporarily bypass that by absorbing energy from things like sockets, transformers (energy transformers), or generators. She can't absorb energy from other people directly, and the lightning can be dispersed by wind. The lightning can be deflected with an insulator material, E.G. Rocks/Dirt. The lightning is ineffective against psychokinetic shields, though. But things that are flying are really just future targets.

She has her ultimate ability, the "End-All, Be All" you could say, that is a combination of several of her abilities. Like Voltaic Chains, this is incredibly powerful, but unlike Voltaic Chains, it is swiftly executed moves, one after another in a combo, making it harder to dodge and reducing wait time. However, this also expends her energy at a rate way faster than Voltaic Chains, to where she is almost definitely unconscious after using it, and has to recover for a few days. The also has to call out an incantation similar to the one Voltaic Chains requires. The move, called "Exalted Luxcalibur", goes as such:
1: Dash forward, Slicing at foe, leaving two dragonsphere's in her wake,
2: Flip backwards, spinning her blade while doing so,
3: Stabbing the Ground, this following up step 2, electrifying the ground, and summoning 4 "Crashbolts" that skewer anything in the wake around her,
4: Slashing towards the foe, summoning 3 vertical Voltaic Chains to pierce the enemy, if they connect, follows up with a "Crashbolt", making this the "Sovereign Crashbolt",
5: Extending "Winterwind" into a Whip, the whip being covered in lightning and Dragonsphere's lining the whip's range, before quickly jumping back,
6: Purging the foe, Jumping up and diving at the foe with "Winterwind", fully covered in barbarous arcs of lightning,
7: Finishing the foe, slashing one last time, before subsequently blacking out.
The best thing to do to avoid would to be to outspeed it, but the utter speed of the combo makes this rediculously hard. Best option is to take the hits and wait till its over. That, or stun by using one of her weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Being isolated from electrical things, being heavily grounded (electricity will go into the ground and disperse), Being in Mineral Water (Mineral water DOESN'T conduct electricity.), getting shot by something that insulates electricity, Psychokinesis, gravity, Heavy wind, and
Immunities: Water (Water conducts electricity), Electricity, non-foe (She just absorbs it.).
Backstory:
Lumen was originally a normal girl, with no powers whatsoever. To others, she was just another face in the masses. She longed for actual change, and boy did she get what she wanted. On one particularly interesting day, she was out with her parents on a picnic. She got distracted and started chasing after a bird. as soon as she got close, one, solemn, barbarous lightning bolt struck her, as well as blowing up the entire area. She awoke in a facility, with hardly any recollection of who she was. Of course, out of the sheer stimulus of the new area, she slaughtered the entire facility. She had awoken with electrical control. However, she had no more purpose. So, she created her own equipment and set out to prevent people from exploiting people ever again.
Other Info:
She is a natural engineer, and makes all sort of things. She has a shop where she holds all of her creations in a remote part of town that you have to be given directions to from her to find. She is really dedicated to her shop. She can make custom order items, as well. She'll sell to whoever will pay her the price. The shop itself is in a semi-slummish part of an advanced big city. In the city, named "Cerrael" (Ser-raeye-El), it always seems to be night. It tends to rain there a lot. Her shop is actually an apartment building she bought out and converted into part her workshop and part her house, with other floors being available to those who need it. Heavily protected, trying to break in/destroy the place is a bad idea. She tends to do things at night, due to her normal armor being highly visible at day, as it glows azure blue. The building, nicknamed the "Seraph", is supplied with energy from several hydroelectric generators that use the water flowing under the city as a power source. She is currently still in college, and is a relatively bright person. She wears glasses when doing her courses, ones that protect against people identifying her. When actually out on the streets, she wears contacts.

god this took forever
i think this is a contender for longest post I've ever done
i think i did everything right, i hope to god it is
if need be I'll shorten everything into spoilers
if i try to make a 2nd character it might take even longer AAAAAAAAAAAGH

Edit: added more links and a whole new section
jesus do i really have nothing better to do with my life

Edit 2: Edited the powers to make them more unique, made more weaknesses. Trying to keep much of the base but mking it unique is tough

Last edited:
1. uh oh big scary man in space no one knows about
2. big scary space man sends 4 other scary space people to earth
3. little scary space people make planet go boom everywhere so that big scary space man can conquer it
4. if little scary space people are beaten, little scary space people cause an uh oh thing that will also go boom on planet
5. boom on planet makes it easier for big scary space man to conquer it so
6. good guys try to make sure there is no boom on planet

1. There is a cosmic deity of near unparalleled strength with the ability to conquer and consume entire planets.
2. The cosmic deity sent his four subordinates, imbued with cosmic abilities such as the mastery over certain elements, to make contact with planet Earth to prepare it for his arrival.
3. Such beings dwelled in different parts of the planet, waiting until the time came when they would sow chaos and destruction across the globe, heralding their master's plan for conquest.
4. If the Heralds are defeated in combat or destroyed, they will produce a cataclysm of significant magnitude, according to their specific ability.
5. Such catastrophes will wreak even more havoc upon the planet where the Heralds are destroyed, further 'preparing' Earth and allowing the Heralds' master to conquer the planet more easily. As a result,
6. Those who dare oppose the Heralds when they proclaim their master's message must not only destroy the Heralds, they must also keep the inevitable collateral damage that will follow to an absolute minimum if they are to stand a chance against the force that is coming.

So basically: Heralds are alien villains sent by an even stronger alien villain to rough up planet Earth a bit so that their master can invade and destroy it, and they are supposed to die at the end of their fight against the heroes, so that even though the heroes win, they still lose a lot in the form of destruction and disastrous phenomena happening around the globe. Such destruction will further tear away at the globe, making it easier for the big alien villain to carry on his plans.

I am sorry for the delay in the post, I seemed to of missed you @Shadow_Pup during a time you were rather free to write XD Rough two days, thankfully had the chance to hop on and actually write.

@comic Sorry about last night too XD Very delirious. I think I was just trying to express gratitude of being noticed, which sounds really bad having wrote it down but I dunno. It felt pretty nice to have my character ... connected if that makes sense

Do I wish to make a Herald .... hmmmm, how many spots are left open?

With Ignizio, Skade, and Kronos, that's three of the four Charles says he had been tracking. It's possible there are some he has been unable to pick up on for sone reason if someone really wants to make a fifth, but it seems like otherwise there's only one slot left.

man waiting for a character to get accepted is always the most anxious thing for me on this site aaaaa
the suspense gets me every time
I feel that, character profiles being accepted are always anxiety inducing for me no matter the website :p Though I think that Comic is offline right now, so you should be good to go once he's back.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Alias: "Cerberus"
Age/Gender: 18 Female
Race: Human
Alignment: True Neutral - Opposes the Paragons, but will work with their members if need be
doesn't care about "Right" or "Wrong", if you are doing something that opposes her views, expect a visit.
I imagine that she'd look like Blade from Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX,
but until i DRAW her, have a link to the inspiration instead so that i comply with rp rules
https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Blade/Gallery?file=UnmaskedBlade.png (Blade/Gallery)
this would be without the mask that im including
and
https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Blade/Gallery?file=Blade_-_Luminous_Avenger_iX.png (Blade/Gallery)
this would be without
and also the sword
https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Blade/Gallery?file=BladeConcept3.jpeg (Blade/Gallery)
wooo obeying the rules and still showing off the concept
also yeah, Xacto Whip blades are amazing
and yeah i DID use a lot of inspiration from gunvolt ok its one of my favorite series leave me alone
Personality: Calm, Calculating and fast-witted. Tends to make friends easily. When angered, tends to just walk off and calm down instead of overreacting. Dislikes those who look down upon others. Extremely passionate for certain things. When not out in the cities, her personality is vastly different, where she is extremely extroverted and helpful. Then, she tends to be a Tomboy and somewhat hyper.
Flaws: Tends to act on impulse, dislikes authority, hates getting taunted, can get overwhelmed if there is an important decision.
Powers: Fulgurokinesis
Lumen can produce, discharge and absorb all forms of electricity. Quite literally a living battery. This electricity usually comes in the form of lightning, and can paralyze people by overloading their nerves. She can also direct the lightning to her Odachi, "Winterwind". When she does such, it can slash through many things similar to a lightsaber, but it can be hard to wield due to its size. The blade can detach part of it's length to become swifter. The blade also can become a whip, where the electricity can crack off. Yes, it's basically an X-acto whip sword. The blade itself is incredibly tough, but it CAN be broken. However, Lumen can replace the blade, though it takes a moment.
Lumen can use her Fulgurokinesis to shoot lightning, create balls of energy similar to Ball Lightning, called "Dragonsphere" and "Crashbolt", creating a giant column of lighting on herself, hitting anything above her, and if she's in the air, below her as well. A more powerful version of this is called "Sovereign Crashbolt" when combined with "Voltaic Chains". There is also "Shockfall", where she flips backwards, spinning her blade, before implanting it into the ground, electrifying the ground, temporarily paralyzing the foe for a while. She can cover herself in a field of lightning to slow her fall, as well. She is better able to control and produce electricity and lightning when it is incredibly cloudy, dark or both.
She is nimble and acrobatic, and is a masterful scholar of the blade. Her speed is unreal, but not faster than people who specialize in speed.
When she's desperate, she can chant an incantation to summon large, ethereal chains from many places to trap people in them, before they are violently charged with as much energy as lumen can give. This is called Voltaic Chains. However, doing this is not only time consuming, but also expends energy to the point of where she can barely stand. Her lightning based attacks do slowly drain her energy, but she can temporarily bypass that by absorbing energy from things like sockets, transformers (energy transformers), or generators.

She has her ultimate ability, the "End-All, Be All" you could say, that is a combination of several of her abilities. Like Voltaic Chains, this is incredibly powerful, but unlike Voltaic Chains, it is swiftly executed moves, one after another in a combo, making it harder to dodge and reducing wait time. However, this also expends her energy at a rate way faster than Voltaic Chains, to where she is almost definitely unconscious after using it, and has to recover for a few days. The also has to call out an incantation similar to the one Voltaic Chains requires. The move, called "Exalted Luxcalibur", goes as such:
1: Dash forward, Slicing at foe, leaving two dragonsphere's in her wake,
2: Flip backwards, spinning her blade while doing so,
3: Stabbing the Ground, this following up step 2, electrifying the ground, and summoning 4 "Crashbolts" that skewer anything in the wake around her,
4: Slashing towards the foe, summoning 3 vertical Voltaic Chains to pierce the enemy, if they connect, follows up with a "Crashbolt", making this the "Sovereign Crashbolt",
5: Extending "Winterwind" into a Whip, the whip being covered in lightning and Dragonsphere's lining the whip's range, before quickly jumping back,
6: Purging the foe, Jumping up and diving at the foe with "Winterwind", fully covered in barbarous arcs of lightning,
7: Finishing the foe, slashing one last time, before subsequently blacking out.
The best thing to do to avoid would to be to outspeed it, but the utter speed of the combo makes this rediculously hard. Best option is to take the hits and wait till its over. That, or stun by using one of her weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Being isolated from electrical things, being heavily grounded (electricity will go into the ground and disperse), Being in Mineral Water (Mineral water DOESN'T conduct electricity.), getting shot by something that insulates electricity, Psychokinesis and Gravity.
Immunities: Water (Water conducts electricity), Electricity (She just absorbs it.).
Backstory:
Lumen was originally a normal girl, with no powers whatsoever. To others, she was just another face in the masses. She longed for actual change, and boy did she get what she wanted. On one particularly interesting day, she was out with her parents on a picnic. She got distracted and started chasing after a bird. as soon as she got close, one, solemn, barbarous lightning bolt struck her, as well as blowing up the entire area. She awoke in a facility, with hardly any recollection of who she was. Of course, out of the sheer stimulus of the new area, she slaughtered the entire facility. She had awoken with electrical control. However, she had no more purpose. So, she created her own equipment and set out to prevent people from exploiting people ever again.
Other Info:
She is a natural engineer, and makes all sort of things. She has a shop where she holds all of her creations in a remote part of town that you have to be given directions to from her to find. She is really dedicated to her shop. She can make custom order items, as well. She'll sell to whoever will pay her the price. The shop itself is in a semi-slummish part of an advanced big city. In the city, named "Cerrael" (Ser-raeye-El), it always seems to be night. It tends to rain there a lot. Her shop is actually an apartment building she bought out and converted into part her workshop and part her house, with other floors being available to those who need it. Heavily protected, trying to break in/destroy the place is a bad idea. She tends to do things at night, due to her normal armor being highly visible at day, as it glows azure blue. The building, nicknamed the "Seraph", is supplied with energy from several hydroelectric generators that use the water flowing under the city as a power source. She is currently still in college, and is a relatively bright person. She wears glasses when doing her courses, ones that protect against people identifying her. When actually out on the streets, she wears contacts.

god this took forever
i think this is a contender for longest post I've ever done
i think i did everything right, i hope to god it is
if need be I'll shorten everything into spoilers
if i try to make a 2nd character it might take even longer AAAAAAAAAAAGH

Edit: added more links and a whole new section
jesus do i really have nothing better to do with my life
Accepted. I haven't delved a single toe into what Gunvolt is, but I really hope this character isn't a carbon copy of Blade.
I am sorry for the delay in the post, I seemed to of missed you @Shadow_Pup during a time you were rather free to write XD Rough two days, thankfully had the chance to hop on and actually write.

@comic Sorry about last night too XD Very delirious. I think I was just trying to express gratitude of being noticed, which sounds really bad having wrote it down but I dunno. It felt pretty nice to have my character ... connected if that makes sense

One of the biggest purposes I want to make Warren have is interconnectivity. I strive to have him connected to every character in some form or fashion. But yes, I know what you mean. I've been in your shoes more often than not.
With Ignizio, Skade, and Kronos, that's three of the four Charles says he had been tracking. It's possible there are some he has been unable to pick up on for sone reason if someone really wants to make a fifth, but it seems like otherwise there's only one slot left.

I feel that, character profiles being accepted are always anxiety inducing for me no matter the website :p Though I think that Comic is offline right now, so you should be good to go once he's back.
I'm online right now you sexy potato.

Well Lumen can still head to scene of where the fight is happening. There's a few factors to take into consideration, some minor and some less so
-If she's coming by rooftop it's quite possibly she'll stumble across Angel @ThePlayfulFox 's character whom is overseeing the fight and trying to keep Samuel, my character, healed.
-A dome of electrified water covers an area in the middle of the street, in that dome is Laura @Shadow_Pup 's character, super potent and evil, currently has mimicked three powers and added them on top of his own.
-My character was in the dome but has buried himself to get away from Laura and is now in the sewers. There'd most likely be a mound like you said but it would be beyond that wall of electrified water and definitely not as noticeable as the water or villain.

It's alright ; p Your character seems super cool so when the fight is done I look forwards to the interaction the three of us will have hopefully/

Also I'm gonna make a google doc (Or a google power point slide if that's possible) where all our bios are in one spot so we don't have to keep searching through the discussion thread. If that's already been done tell me but if not I'll try get it done

Sorry Attorney for kind of screwing you there, but I didn't know what else to do with Ansel.

And now Ansel is there to be angrily glared at by Sparkblade and Yin Li. I dunno if him showing up is an active detraction or not? Like to the both of them. If Massi's soaked he either leaves a trail of water or is more susceptible to Sparkblade's electricity. I guess it makes Yin Li feel one-upped again.

Right now I'm sort of playing him as a "I have no clue whats happening but I totally got a plan guys (tm)" character, kind of proof that the Paragons ain't all what they are cracked up to be.

On another note, I think we've all agreed that Times New Roman is the scariest font, right? Necrodytis's voice modulator uses it, and so does the Heralds unless it's a font like georgia which is very similar but not the same and i'm dumb

And speaking of Necrodytis, I should probably have her appear soon too...Next post probably maybe.

Yeah I'm super eclectic now this post has gone in three different directions I'm just gonna go curl up and be quiet and wait for orange circles to pop up in my inbox ok bye

I actually laughed out loud pretty hard about the current egg-eating misadventures of Celice and the mysterious woman. Like I'm never sure what direction Comic is taking this thing in and it's just my new favorite thing. Bravo.

Also Ansel keeps proving to be useless but what else is new :p

Necrodytis is there waiting to hop down at Hitori and Loufe. Just waiting. I do wonder if Kerco can erase memories of those he doesn't even know are watching though...

comic

I actually laughed out loud pretty hard about the current egg-eating misadventures of Celice and the mysterious woman. Like I'm never sure what direction Comic is taking this thing in and it's just my new favorite thing. Bravo.

Also Ansel keeps proving to be useless but what else is new :p

Necrodytis is there waiting to hop down at Hitori and Loufe. Just waiting. I do wonder if Kerco can erase memories of those he doesn't even know are watching though...
well uh... first and foremost, what was your plan for Celice anyway? i've got a plan for MW, but i'd like to know what direction you plan to take best girl.

well uh... first and foremost, what was your plan for Celice anyway? i've got a plan for MW, but i'd like to know what direction you plan to take best girl.
I don't really have any big overarching plans for her in particular. The biggest lead I have for her is that she could know about Percy through some rumors. Maybe she ends up being enticed by Charles offering her a shot at some of his technology since she is limited by her resources, but if my suspicions about the mysterious girl is correct, she might not want that at all.

I'm a very go with the flow dude, so I'm fine following the mysterious girl's plot with Celice, unless that messes with your plans.

comic

well, i'm not about to spill the beans on MW, but i will tell you that i plan to get Techno involved with them at some point, which may or may not include Loufe/OS and also Necrodytis for obvious reasons. MW will slowly uncover bits of her past, and as she learns more, she'll began to try and discover more about herself, which will also begin to uncover an entire conspiracy involving both Patriot and Charles Warren.

well, i'm not about to spill the beans on MW, but i will tell you that i plan to get Techno involved with them at some point, which may or may not include Loufe/OS and also Necrodytis for obvious reasons. MW will slowly uncover bits of her past, and as she learns more, she'll began to try and discover more about herself, which will also begin to uncover an entire conspiracy involving both Patriot and Charles Warren.
Okay, good- We were already thinking similar things with combining those two plot threads. I don't think it's in the same way, necessarily, but it gives a good connection to both parties.

Though I will say it does seem on a basic level you've laid out that conspiracy for us, the reader, already. I mean, Charles brought back "a monster", combined a bunch of supers DNA, did this about 40 years ago hey look at that Patriot is around that age...No logical way for any of our characters to have actually figured this out though. Then again, I doubt you'd do that so obviously, so we'll see where this goes :p