• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nuzlocke Challenge! Pokemon Hardmode!

You are right Luckii, Having 6 Bidoofs would be fun, but really dificult to work with. And that is a good idea., the oonly that species thing.
Staying on topic, I am not doing Fire red anymore and might restart Ruby.

@Zethose is Shinen Shiny?

I tried to do the challenge on my FireRed, and i couldn't even get to the first Gym Leader with out losing all my Pokémon! I fail... ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Team for now (grinding):

SmugBlade (Female Treecko) Lvl 8
WWP (Male Wurmple) Lvl 4
Mean Doggy (Female Poochyena) Lvl 2
Princess (Female Ralts) Lvl 4

Woot for Princess!

Thinking about trying a for fun run on my slow work days with some sort of pokemon Rom, maybe Bloody platinum.

Nice to see so many members trying this out. Best of luck nuzlockers!

My LG Nuzlocke was basically at a standstill, so I decided to start a new one on Sapphire (see if I can get past Brawly this time -.-; )

Current Team:

255.gif

Richard the Torchic
Male
Lv. 8

265.gif

Chiara the Wurmple
Female
Lv. 2

EDIT: Chiara died already, and instead I got:

263.gif

Diana the Zigzagoon
Female
Lv. 4

Damn, Princess is a pain to train. I have to flee from Poochyenas 'cause Confusion doesn't work ;( Meh.

Team:

252.gif

SmugBlade
Female
Lvl 10

267.gif

WWP
Male
Lvl 10

261.gif

Mean Doggy
Female
Lvl 10

280.gif

Princess
Female
Lvl 6

278.gif

Gulliver
Female
Lvl 6

Edit: also I changed rules around a bit: I can't capture a Pokemon of the same species (or one of its evolutions) unless the one I have dies.

New team update!

255.gif

Richard the Torchic
Male
Lv. 8

263.gif

Diana the Zigzagoon
Female
Lv. 7

270.gif

Naomi the Lotad
Female
Lv. 8

285.gif

Caitlin the Shroomish
Female
Lv. 6

I feel so lucky to have found a Shroomish, I always end up looking hard for them ^^ As of now my team will have a disadvantage against Flying types, so we'll see what there is to do about that ^^ I hope to capture either a Taillow or a Zubat later on, I don't want Brawly destoying my team again ^^;

Pff, I have a sort of dilemma... I want to start a new Nuzlocke but don't want to play Emerald or Sapphire, but I wuv (♥) my team in LG and doesn't wanna play Gold :( Should I restart a Nuzlocke anyway?

It's kinda hard to put myself in your situation, as I don't know how much you want to do a new run. I'd say trade over your LG team to Emerald and pull a LG run maybe.

I'm not going to lie. I had to cheat to defeat Brawly. He sweeped my team when I went there, but in my defence, I went there by accident. I was going to give Steven the letter before Flash, train on Slateport beach and then return. I thought I'd done that already. So, he killed me, but I broke the rules and kept my team, trained in Slateport and returned to slaughter him. Just so you know.

Current Team:

256.gif

Richard the Combusken
Male
Lv. 19

285.gif

Caitlin the Shroomish
Female
Lv. 18

304.gif

Arnold the Aron
Male
Lv. 17

Deaths since last time:

Naomi the Lotad
Diana the Zigzagoon (I miss Pickup :'( )

EDIT: Just had two major losses, both Arnold and Richard died :'( I don't know what to do, all of my Pokés are weak against Steel types, I don't know how the heck I'm going to beat Wattson now :'(

Rolly said:
Pff, I have a sort of dilemma... I want to start a new Nuzlocke but don't want to play Emerald or Sapphire, but I wuv (♥) my team in LG and doesn't wanna play Gold :( Should I restart a Nuzlocke anyway?

Why dont you want to try Emerald, Saph and Gold?

Rolly said:
Then do Fire Red. It has no difference with Leaf Green. If you don't own the version, Roms are an option, but be careful with those. After it ruined my Nuzlocke save file, I don't trust it anymore.

Well, I'm quite tired of the Hoenn games and my Gold team is quite neat... Also, I don't have Fire Red :/ Oh well, I'll wait and see if :)

I still suggest yu trade over your LG team and do it there :)

Also, YESSS! Me and Kasumi figured out how to defeat Wattson! I shall train Caitlin until she evolves, and then blast him with Mach Punch! Yaay! \^^/

But now I need to figure out what to train for my new team. I have:

Zigzagoon
Nincada
Whishmur
Plusle
Roselia

I need to build up a new team. I was thinking abou going with Daniel the Zigzagoon, as he'll be like my fallen Diana (:'<). Whishmur's a good Pokémon in general I guess, but I've had so many teams with Breloom + Exploud before, I just don't wanna do it :< Any suggestions?

Weeds said:
I still suggest yu trade over your LG team and do it there :)

Also, YESSS! Me and Kasumi figured out how to defeat Wattson! I shall train Caitlin until she evolves, and then blast him with Mach Punch! Yaay! \^^/

But now I need to figure out what to train for my new team. I have:

Zigzagoon
Nincada
Whishmur
Plusle
Roselia

I need to build up a new team. I was thinking abou going with Daniel the Zigzagoon, as he'll be like my fallen Diana (:'<). Whishmur's a good Pokémon in general I guess, but I've had so many teams with Breloom + Exploud before, I just don't wanna do it :< Any suggestions?

Hmm For the normal type I would go for the zig, pick up can be a great asset in a nuzlocke run. And the movepool in general seems a bit more flexible.

I must be cursed. I decided to go with the Zig'. Gave him an EXP Share and evolved Caitlin, who easily bested the entire Mauvile gym. Then, in my first battle actually using Daniel the Zig', he dies. I bust out Greg the Whishmur, he dies. I capture Chuck the Machop, who is killed in his first battle. I proceed to capture Daisy the Spinda, who dies two battles later. It's a curse I tell you, a curse! *waves fist*

(And now the link to Breloom's animated sprite on Arkeis is broken :'<)

Caitlin the Breloom
Female
Lv. 28

And that's my entire team :'<

Weeds said:
I must be cursed. I decided to go with the Zig'. Gave him an EXP Share and evolved Caitlin, who easily bested the entire Mauvile gym. Then, in my first battle actually using Daniel the Zig', he dies. I bust out Greg the Whishmur, he dies. I capture Chuck the Machop, who is killed in his first battle. I proceed to capture Daisy the Spinda, who dies two battles later. It's a curse I tell you, a curse! *waves fist*

(And now the link to Breloom's animated sprite on Arkeis is broken :'<)

Caitlin the Breloom
Female
Lv. 28

And that's my entire team :'<

Wow that's a bummer. You really have to train more carefully, keep plenty of Healing items on hand.

Hope you recover.

Thanks Jeydis. I should be able to pick myself up, I'll probably get a Lotad/Lombre in the route after Fallarbor and a Zubat in Meteor Falls. At lwast that's something to work with ^^; (But if I'm lucky I'll get Seviper/Swablu and Lunatone instead... A rock type coul come in handy to defeat fire/flying types, and for the following three gyms...)

I haven't posted in a while! now decided to train up above Slateport and I caught a... Plusle. Darn. Anyway, Box'd. Finally got Winxi to evolve, and I'm now training Ricter the Makuhita. EDIT: Battling Brawly! wish me luck! EDIT 2: I beat Brawly, but I cheated a little and kept my whole team. EDIT 3: OWNED my rival on the bridge. OWNED.
Glenn the Grovyle
male
level 30
Dello the Lombre*
male
Level 24
Winxi the Linoone
male
level 29
Ricter the MakuhitaHariyama
male
level 29
Jenna the Gyarados**
Female
level 21
Rezeru the Roselia**
Female
level 24

Anyway, someone needs to post! I beat Wattson-barely.With my team intact, luckily. Anyway,
*Pc moved.
**Daycare
PC-
Dello the Lombre
Hexan the Plusle
Dexus the Whismur
Yeah, I put Dello in the box. He just didn't have a particularly good moveset.

Looking pretty good Stam. Wattson can be surprisingly tough.

Im working through a play through of Sapphire for the heck of it and im about at the same area then you.
Currently lvling my team a bit after steamrolling Wattson with Kamahl.

Team consists of:

Kamahl the lvl 31 Combusken (Male)
Windgrace the lvl 21 Roselia (Male)
Urzatron the lvl 20 Aron (Female)
Ixidor the lvl 23 Beautifly (Male)
Teferi the lvl 20 Linoone (Male)
Mochi the lvl 23 Gulpin (Male)

My team is a sausage fest :p

I just learned about this take on a playthrough about two months ago. God, I feel so left behind on that note. Aw well, it can't be helped. After all, you don't know what you've never seen or heard, right?

Either way, I started a Nuzlocke on my Soulsilver earlier this week. But I've spent almost the whole of that time catching up to myself with a narrative on the events (a bit of writing practice so I may push myself to new areas of storytelling). So as such, I've yet to even beat Falkner. Here's my team thus far;

Ace the Cyndaquil (Male) Level 10
Johan the Hoothoot (Male) Level 7 [Name pronounced Yo-honn]
Ryesha the Rattata (Female) Level 6
Kace the Rattata (Male) Level 6
Lanche the Geodude (Male) Level 2 [Freshly Caught]
Vinny the Gastly (Male) Level 5 [Freshly Caught]

Reserves
Pythic the Ekans (Male) Level 4

I'm going to leave the battle with Falkner to Lanche when I level him up well enough (which I have a feeling will be time consuming). But with him leading once I get him to level 14, I shouldn't lose any team members. I mean, I could take him on with the event Raikou I have, but I refuse to take the easy way out. Plus, the narrative wouldn't be very interesting if I'm all, "HERGAKJDJHAJKBHBKLA, GO MAH UBERZ!"

HAI GUIZS! ;D

I'm posting ANOTHER run! I WILL finish it. This was originally a regular playthrough, but I decided to spice things up a little. Don't worry, you havn't missed much, I havn't even defeated Brock yet. And, so, GO TEAM BLINDING FURY!!!

Current Team

Aodan the Charmander lvl 12 (Male)
Floria the Butterfree lvl 10 (Female)

004.gif
012.gif

Tis' all.

Hey there! Not much goin on, this is just a simple update for one reason: A full team! I've finally assembled a good team of six! See if you can guess the species. In the fiery tunnel thing, Rezeru hit a Torkoal with a critical hit and it fainted. I'm desperately hoping for a swablu at meteor falls! I don't have a flyer, so I need to catch one. Also, if you're wondering why I don't just go the Flannery now and whoop her butt with Jenna, she missed bite and doesn't know any water type attacks.
Glenn the level 31 Grovyle(male)
Rezeru the level 30 Roselia(female)
Ricter the level 29 Hariyama(male)
Jenna the level 29 Gyarados(female)
Winxi the level 29 Linoone(male)
Sierra the level 25 -----(female)**
Pc
Dello the Lombre
Hexan the Plusle**
Dexus the Whismur

Nehehehe. Beat Brock with luck hax. Apparently he forgot his Onix had Rock Tomb. Not much else happened, Aodan is close to evolving, and I'm grinding for Floria to get all the "Powder" moves.

Current team consists of:

Aodan the Charmander lvl 14 (Male)
Floria the Butterfree lvl 10 (Female)

Nehehe stealing JayJay's layout >:3

After my computer broke down, my Emerald is a goner. The save file got corrupted, so I started a Platinum Nuzlocke on my DS.
Team:
390.png

Honoo
Female
Lvl 9

403.png

Seiteku
Female
Lvl 9

396.png

Toru
Female
Lvl 4

Grinding. Is. Evil.

Well, short update. I beat Flannery and Maxie with flying colors, but I replaced Rezeru for the Swablu I caught: Saphira. A cookie if you know where that comes from. Also training right now, may edit later.
EDIT: gawd I'm so stupid. I also caught a Sandshrew in the desert, but I don't know weather or not to put it in my team.
Glenn the level 31 Grovyle(male)
Saphira the level 22 Swablu(female)
Ricter the level 30 Hariyama(male)
Jenna the level 29 Gyarados(female)
Winxi the level 29 Linoone(male)
Sierra the level 31 Numel(female)
Pc
Hexan the PLusle**
Dello the Lombre
Dexus the Whismur
Rezeru the Roselia
Salmon the Sandshrew

Well The platinum run will be shelved for now. The grinding has gone stale and im too scared of Giratina to be honest, don't have good Dark/ghost moves to work with.

So ive been working on my Sapphire nuzlocke full time and its been progressing fast. Here is my current team.

170.gif
257.gif
264.gif
284.gif
332.gif
337.gif

Barrin the Chinchou (in training), Kamahl the Blaziken, Teferi the Linoone, Laquatus the Masquerain, Shiv the Cacturne and Rathi the Lunatone.

All male team now :/ ive been unlucky with my girls. Using a boxed flyer when needed. First time raising alot of these so its been a very fun experience for me.

And I accidentally killed my Kecleon catch :(((((((((((((((((

Just started a new Nuzlocke - Crystal style!

My team so far:

158.png
16.png
16.png
12.png
201.png
74.png

Axel the Totodile, lv 9
Cristoph the Pidgey, lv 9
Dolly the Pidgey, lv 9
Drew the Butterfree, lv 10
Dunnow the Unown, lv 5
Gertie the Geodude, lv 2

UPDATE! Just like LoN I'm on my way to beat the sh*t out of the Sprout Tower
UPDATE 2! Drew evolved once again!
UPDATE 3! Caught Dunnow and Gertie and I'm currently leveling them so that I can pit Gertie against Falkner.

257.gif
073.gif
264.gif
284.gif
332.gif
337.gif

Kamahl, Ravi, Teferi, Laquatus, Shiv and Rathi
Updated team roster, currently grinding in Victory Road. Barrin fell to an Ace trainer in victory road, a critical hit from the faster swellow.

Well, I dared pick up my Sapphire run again, and I beat Flannery, but with heavy casualties. Edward the Seviper and Goliath the Numel both died, and Caitlin managed ro defeat Flannery's Torkoal by surviving an Overheat with one HP. Currently training in Route 111 (I hate that Sandstorm and those Sand veil Sandshrews -.-)

Breloomanimated.gif

Caitlin the Breloom
Female
Lv. 31

328.gif

Darren the Trapinch
Male
Lv. 22

Wow.. inactive for almost a month.. ANEHWAYZ. I've started a new nuzlocke on LeafGreen. I've had surprising luck this round.. I'm going through Viridian Forest now..
Team:
Jimmy- Lvl 11 Male Charmander
Sammy- Lvl 10 Female Mankey
Charlie- Lvl 7 Male Pidgey
Pip- Lvl 5 Male Pikachu(I LOVE VIRIDIAN FOREST NOW!!! >:D)
In the box, I have Rose the level 6 female Rattata.. I don't care much for her..

EDIT: My game froze after I beat Brock with Sammy, me being the moron I am, didn't save since I caught Sammy. Charlie and Pip never happened.. So I'm done with LeafGreen forever, after restarting my epic file to try this again...

Loving every second of my White Nuzlocke run, definatly the best game series to use for the challenge.

Current team:

CategoryPokmonDreamWorldartwork-BulbagardenArchives-MozillaFirefox.jpg
CategoryPokmonDreamWorldartwork-BulbagardenArchives-MozillaFirefox_6.jpg
CategoryPokmonDreamWorldartwork-BulbagardenArchives-MozillaFirefox-1.jpg
CategoryPokmonDreamWorldartwork-BulbagardenArchives-MozillaFirefox_3-1.jpg
CategoryPokmonDreamWorldartwork-BulbagardenArchives-MozillaFirefox_4.jpg
CategoryPokmonDreamWorldartwork-BulbagardenArchives-MozillaFirefox_5.jpg

Maximus the Male Emboar, Ursa the Female Cubchoo (in training), Chaz the Male Simisage, Amon the Male Cofagrigus, Nibbler the Male Swanna and Kiku the Female Escavalier.

Hi guys, I'm starting a new Nuzlocke on Ruby! Now I know I've said this before, but I will finish this one. I'm off to a good start, my Mudkip, Prometheus, has great IVs, and a decent nature. I'm off to a good start, but there is a looooong way to go.

258.png

Prometheus lvl 7
Mudkip [Male]

It isnt much, but it's a start!

EDIT: Since everyone seems to have forgotten this thread, I have to edit this post instead of making a new one. I'm currently in front of Roxanne, with a new Pokemon by my side!

258.png
293.png

Prometheus lvl 15 [Male], Joma lvl 12 [Male]

Let's get this thread up and running properly again!

Should go pretty well with your mudkip. Good luck!

Here is the updated team for me.
nuzblack.jpg

Maximus the male Emboar, Amon the male Cofagrius, Ursa the female Beartic, Ark the male Pawniard (in training), Chaz the male Simisage, Atropos the female Vullaby (Used for fly for now, might get boxed later as she evolves so late.)

Currently training Ark to head to the Elite four. Lost Kiku in there to a crit from a trainer's Sawk in Victory road. Similar happened to Nibbler, taken down by a Conkeldurr's crit attack.

Well at least me and JayJay will keep updating! Beat Roxanne with ease, and crossed the sea with Mr. Briney. Defeated most of the 2nd Gym, just Brawley to go. I'm hoping I can catch an Aron in Dewford Cave, but we'll have to wait and see.

259.gif
293.gif

Prometheus lvl 20 [Male], Joma lvl 17 [Male]

Here's hoping for an Aron!