• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The new battle frontier (open)

'Hello' thought Lucario to the Espeon.

The Loppunys pokeball wiggled off of Ryes belt, and plopped to the ground.

"Hold your ponyta, Lexi" he said to the Pokeball as he strapped it back onto his belt.

"Hello." Solstice answered smiling. "Who is Lexi?" Ina asked, wanting to make conversation. She touched her pokeballs, kept tied up as a hair ties for her two long, brown ponytails, each falling down to about her waist.

"Oh, ok!" Ina replied. "I'm a pokemon coordinator hailing from Sinnoh. I was called the Sinnoh Princess back there, but I cant uphold that title here I think." She said, smiling a bit. "I started my journey a year ago."

"well, now, looks like your better than i thought, now lets move on to the next round" The ball spun again, on the big roulette spinning and spinning, when suddenly, JaQuille got bored with and, and glanced over at Murray.....and noticed that Murray was doing something with with his inside pocket vest. "Hu, what he" Jaquille began to say before being stopped by the announcer's interruption. "An the ball lands on a seven folks, and it appears to be......a picture of a Raikou!" "Wow, i didn't think the frontiers here would be using pokemon like those", Jaquille said feeling a little uneasy. "Hehe, whats the matter Jaquille, starting to lose confidence", Murray said grabbing the last pokeball dangling from his hat. "Ha, don't bet on that. You just took my by surprise is all. I know its your last pokemon, but its a real doozy", Jaquille said ready for the next round. "If you insist, now go Raikou!" Raikou came out with a roar, strong enough to echo in the area. "Be careful I.Q, this is a real bad matchup." I.Q nodded as he focused his attention on the battlefield again.
"Let the match, begin!"
"I.Q, use ice beam", Jaquille shouted out getting the first attack. "Raikou, use spark", Murray retaliated. Raikou had surrounded itself in an electrical field as it charged towards I.Q and canceling out the ice beam. "What, its so strong", Jaquille said. The spark made contact with I.Q knocking him back from an super effective hit. "I.Q, are you ok" That super effective hit gave him uite the damage, but he wasn't ready to give in yet. "Ha, now Raikou, use spark again". "Not this time, I.Q, use Psychic". Raikou's spark was stopped, as he began to float in mid air, almost like a balloon. "Now introduce it to the ground", Jaquille said in a quick manner. I.Q, used its psychic attack to slam Raikou into the ground. "Not bad, but try this on for size, use dig" Murray said prompting Raikou to dig unerground.
"Oh oh, where could he be, keep your guard up I.Q", Jaquille said watching the battle field carefully. The ground shook as Raikou tunneled beneath it, making I.Q a little unnerved. "Ak, I.Q, quick look out", he called out, before Raikou popped out of the ground and slightly hit I.Q, but right when it happened, Jaquille had an idea. "Now I.Q, use ice beam". The ice beam shot out hitting Raikou, and freezing it body to the ground. "Ha, take th......"m but the victory was short lived, as Raikou broke out of the ice in no time. "I think its about time we wrap this up buddy.Use rain dance!" Murray said prompting Raikou to cause drizzle in the arena area. "Why would he.....oh no", Jaquille said suddenly realizing what was about to happen. "Raikou, use thunder", I.Q, withdraw!" The thunder shot out towards I.Q hitting the shell, but it was barely enough to protect I.Q. "Oh now, I.Q cant take another one of those, and he's not fast enough to avoid one either, but even if he was, the rain makes it so that thunder wont miss", this is bad....hey, the rain doesn't just give Murray an advantage...."Now Raikou, wrap this up with a thunder attack"Murray said as Raikou begin the release its next thunder. "I.Q, give it your best water pulse", Jaquille said , prompting I.Q to charge his water pulse. "Ha, i hope you don't think that will help you. Both attacks are shot and collide struggling as they both try to pass through. "What, how, thunder should be a lot stronger than that", Murray said sounding worried. "Your thunder, may have been made more accurate in the rain, but your forgetting that it also make water type moves stronger than normal, now prepare for your defeat Murray, Jaquille said pointing at him. The water pulse pushed through the thunder and collided with Raikou ending the last round.
"Raikou is unable to battle, which means the victor is Jaquille from Slateport city", the announcer called out.

"Yes!" Ina jumped into the air, "Now it's my turn." She vaulted over the railing and gracefully landed, smiling as she lifted her head. "Good day! I am Ina, representing Hearthome city in the Sinnoh region!" She looked at Murray. "I assume that you at least have 3 more Pokemon? Use those! I challenge you to a 3 on 3 battle." Ina exclaimed. The frontier brain looked at her before nodding. "Let's see who is going to be used!" Murray exclaimed, revving up the crowd. "First five or last five?" He asked. "First." Ina responded simply. The ball wheeled itself around before landing on four, showing a picture of Minti on the screen. "Ina is to use Minti and I use, Medicham!" Both trainers released their Pokemon. The Medicham landed on the battlefield, letting out a roar. The crowd cheered. As soon as Minti was out, a chilling atmosphere started to form. As the fog cleared, you could see Minti joyfully hopping from snowflake to snowflake, twirling as she did. Soon after the Glaceon touched the ground did the snowflakes explode into pieces of glittering blue dust. "Let's go!" Ina exclaimed hoping to get the first move. "Icy terrain!" She yelled as the Glaceon responded, turning the ground to ice. "Hmm, so we have ice to worry about, well Medicham, use psychic!" The Medicham stopped levitating and focused on Minti, who encased herself in ice. Since Medicham could only levitate the ice ball, Minti ran around freely, like a hamster in the ice enclosure. Sure enough, the ice ball did not shatter as it was slammed against the ground, but sped towards the Medicham at blinding speeds, hitting the Medicham right in the stomach. Some of the crowd cheered at the big hit, others gasped. The ice ball shattered into millions of pieces, releasing many glittering ice blue sparks. Minti danced in the crystals, in habit of looking good in a contest. Ina was sure that the Medicham would have been out for the count, but to her suprise, the Medicham still remained, injured, but was still standing.

Jaquille made his way into the stand to watch Ina battle with Murray. "Hm, her contest skills are still appearant even in normal battles. I have to hand it to her, she certainly knows how to charm the crowd".

"Medicham, force Palm!" Medicham blasted away, running towards Minti with its Force Palm. The Glaceon looked amused as she stepped out of the way, and the Medicham flew past her, hitting a wall. "And that's what you get for not being careful with ice." Ina joked. Minti pranced around on the ice floor, enjoying herself. Before she knew it, the Medicham used the ice to its advantage and made a clean hit on Minti, KOing her in one shot. "Minti!" Ina yelled, "I'm sorry." The trainer whispered to her Pokemon. "Round 1s winner is Murray!" The crowd cheered wildly. Next round, Ina was using Cloudia vs a Whimsicott. "Stack up Cotton guard and Dragon Dance!" Ina yelled, hoping that the mixture of floating Cotton and the obvious strength of the dragons would excite the crowd. "It's a fairy, so Im at a disadvantage here. But no worries!" Ina smiled at her plan. She had just created a very scary Pokemon. "Cloudia! Ice beam!" Cloudia shot her ice beam close to he ground, so it would pick up more ice as it flew. "Whimsicott dodge!" The cotton flew upwards, making the ice beam miss. "Use Moonblast Whimsicott!" The Pokemon threw a powerful mass of fairy energy at Cloudia, who gracefully flew into the air. Using the mist formed from the last attack, she charged up her special move. "Now Cloudia!" The dragon flew down with a red coloring, changing to blue as icicles formed from the ice on the ground. "Sky attack!" Ina yelled as the Dragon made contact with her Flying/ice combo move. As the aftermath cleared, the Whismicott was found to be KOed. Cloudia settled on her new Cotton cloud, formed from her cotton guard, singing a wonderful song.

"Woohoo, way to go ladies" Jaquille said as he stood up. I"I finally figured out why the odds were stacked against me, and are stacked against Ina", he said to himself. "And when this is over, im gonna see if my theory is correct".

The next round, Pokemon from Ina's side had a debuff. Every one of them were burned. Luckily however, Ina's Pokemon happened to be Cinder, her shiny Ninetails. The opponent was using his Pokemon, Feraligatr. "Good Arceus! I've had nothing but bad luck in this battle so far!" Ina exclaimed at her opponents choice of Pokemon. "Begin!" Ninetails drought kicked in, creating a sunny feild, but also melting the ice. "Dark pulse, let's go!" She knew that she could easily KO this Pokemon with a speedy Solar Beam, but she wanted this to be pretty. Cinder let loose a wave of dark energy, doing a fair amount of Damage to the water type. "Water gun!" Murray exclaimed as the Feraligatr shot a line of water, hitting Cinder directly. "Yes! Seems like I won Ina, hmm?" The ninetails wasn't even phased by the attack. The strong sun depleted the Waters power, so it did a lot less than a regular one would do to a fire type. The Ninetails smirked as she sat down to clean her tails. "How dare you just leisurely clean in this battle!" Murray exclaimed, obviously enraged. "Tackle!" The Feraligatr charged at the fox. Ninetails looked up and stopped it with psychic. Then slammed it to the ground. "Keep it up Cinder!" By now the Feraligatr was enraged along with its trainer. It wildly launched multiple water attacks, completely ignoring Murray. Cinder dodged most of them with ease. "Show time?" Ina asked as the Ninetails nodded. Cinder launched a flamethrower at the Feraligatr's hydro pump, creating multiple puffs of steam. Through the steam, a flash of green could be seen. "Cinder!" The Fox jumped out of the steam and launched solar beam, creating a beautiful explosion of green. Cinder neatly jumped down and gave a small bow as the crowd went wild at Ina's victory.

((I'll be gone for the rest of the evening, sorry!))

"Hehe, she really likes to show off, but thats just as appealing i suppose. She's definitely giving Murray a run for his money.......i want to battle her one day", Jaquille said as he waited for the next round.

"Let's do one more round!" Murray said after his rage spike had ended. "I don't see why not! It not like I'll lose or anything because I'll send out my strongest Pokemon!" Ina exclaimed, boasting. This time, Ina had another debuff, her Pokemon would lose a little more health after Ina's opponent attacked her. "Show time Flash!" Ina released the Pokemon when a huge thunderbolt struck the ground near her, Flash appeared and let out a roar as electric sparks flew off his fur. Murray sent out his extra Pokemon, which turned out to be a Persian. "Ok, let's do this Flash! Use Electric Terrain!" The feild became a vibrant yellow, and sparks flew up every once in a while. The Luxray looked quite at home here. So far, all of her Pokemon had a ribbon on them. Minti and Solstice had their multicolored ones, while Cloudia had a royal blue one. Ninetails had a pink one, and now apparent on Flash was a Deep red ribbon, tied like a necklace around his neck. Flash then got to business, he snarled at the Persian. He was activating his ability, Intimidate. "Persi use scratch!" The cat leaped at Flash with his claws out. Flash dodged the attack, but lost HP. "Oh gosh! So he dosnt even need to hit me to make me lose HP!" Ina gasped. "Flash, we got to hurry this up! Use thunderbolt!" The sparks that remained in his fur from his entrance flew over to the Persian and Paralyzed it. Then the Thuderbolt hit, making the cat Pokemon's fur stick straight up with static. Most of the crowd laughed at the Persian's new appearance. "F-fla-ash...u-use bi-ite!" She managed to gasp out through her laughing. The Luxray leaped at the Persian, who made it away, but barely. The cats tail was bitten, and it was obviously not happy about its fur or its tail. "Persi use rest!" The cat tries to fall asleep, but fails due to the sparks on the ground. "Flash, quick attack!" The lion-like Pokemon leaps forward at dizzying speeds and made an impact on the Persian, who looked unfazed. By now Flash was getting tired. This Persian had a whole lot of Health. After a silent moment with Murray, the Persian ran towards Flash, using its own quick attack. "Counter!" The Luxray ran at the cat with his quick attack, each colliding and making sparks fly from the ground. The cat leaped out of the dust, feeling victorious. The Dust started swirling however and then red eyes and yellow sparks emerged from the whirlwind. "Oh, go ahead Flash, you can use that move." Ina said, quite surprised, Flash never did his combo unless he thought his opponent was a threat. Luxray dashed at the Persian, covered in electric energy, preparing to use bite. As he grew closer the Persian tried to dodge, but failed due to Paralysis. The combo move hit, making Ina the overall winner of this challenge.

Ina found JaQuille in the Hallways. She had changed back into her normal dress. "Hey! Good job on your fight! Are you going to get your Symbol?" She asked, still flustered from the battle.

"I sure am. And btw, you did great out there yourself". But let me tell you something interesting i found out. This is just a theory, but i think there was a reason Murray had the upper hand" Jaquille said with his hand on his chin. "Lets go have a talk with him."

"Well yeah, but it was the luck of the draw, right?" She asked as she followed JaQuille. "I mean, the bad luck was on my side, Fighting vs. ice, Dragon vs. Fairy and Water vs. Fire. I thought it was just the luck."

"Nope. When i was fighting him, i noticed he kept reaching into his jacket pocket. At first i just shrugged it off, but then i began to think that it was more to it than that. It was a little odd, how both of us kept getting bad match-ups one after the other. Putting two and two together, i realized that sometimes people who are "lucky" aren't always as lucky as they may seem. So I.Q is gonna help me test my theory.

Ina sort of caught on, she also noticed Murray reach into his pocket multiple times, thinking that it was a good luck charm, Ina ignored it. But maybe it was a real, good Luck charm. "Oh! I see! You think that he's controlling the Pokemon chosen for the next matches!" She gasped. "I think I get it!" Rage started to cloud her face. "I know I won, but that's almost like cheating! That's not fair!"

"My point exactly. Who knows how many matches he's one by doing such a thing". Murray comes into their sight right as he is getting ready to leave. "Hey Murray, lets have a little chat" Jaquille said slightly startling Murray. "You sure were having a lot of luck when you battled Ina and I. Almost seems like you had....too much luck. Anything you want to admit to us", or should we just figure it out for ourselves",he asked in a threatening manner.. Murray begin to grow nervous. "Nope, not all all. Hehe" he replied back slowly taking a step back.

"I'm pretty sure that you don't want to lie to two trainers who outsmarted your Luck." Ina stated, looking more calm now, but it was an eerie clam. "Right? I mean, we know all of your Pokemon, your tricks, and your battle style. We could easily beat you again, wether you battle us in a double battle or a single battle." She shrugged looking as innocent as she could.

"I.Q, do me a favor, and use psychic!" The remote began to levitate out of Murrays pocket. "Hmm, just as i thought. You were controlling the balls direction and destination. You've been cheating!" Jaquille said getting slightly angry. "Hmph funny you should say that, Ina because i'll do whatever it takes to get you two off my tail, and if that includes battling you both, then so be it. I still have two very special pokemon for you two", he said flashing an eerie smile.

"Great!" Ina said, smiling. "I do too." She said as she reached for Solstice's Pokeball. She looked over at JaQuille. "Don't freak if I try to combine our Pokemon's skills into a combo, ok?" She smiled. Ina decided that she will just power up JaQuille's moves to make combos, and land a few hits herself.

"Jaquille, don't worry Ina, i trust you. Go Colonel(just to clarify, that is a reference to colonal mustang, not that stupid kfc ou stuff). The Blaziken Came out of his pokeball, and set his own wrists ablaze. This is gonna be fun", he said straightening his headband. "

"Show time Solstice!" The Espeon bounced out of its Pokeball, creating small pink bubbles behind it. "Ooh! I'm so excited!" Ina bounced along with the Espeon. "I'm so good at double battles!"

"ha, lets see how you two fair against these two. Go Bobo(Lugia) and Jack(Xerneas). "Wow, looks like he's bringing out the big guns, but we'll bring em down eas...." Just then, Jaquille noticed that I.Q, had a worried look on his face. Almost as if something was different about these two pokemon in particular. Something......dark.

"Good Arceus!" Ina exclaimed. "How in the world did you happen to get those two Pokemon?" Solstice also looked pretty nervous. "Well," she whispered to JaQuille. "I've got Shadow ball to hit Lugia and Iron tail to hit Xerneus. Any advantages on your part? Need compensation on one of your moves?"
(( I think it's so funny that you named the Lugia Bobo, because the barn I ride at just got a new horse named Bobo and I was the first to ride him.))

"I suppose, if Colonel had something to boos his sky uppercut, it could make one heck of an attack. And his stone edge could wield good results against that lugia. I say we give him a little surprise of our own". Ok Murray, i hope your ready to go down!"

"Solstice! The shows starting, are you ready to go onstage?" The Espeon nodded, sitting down and concentrateing. "Ok, who is more of a threat... Wait! Shouldn't this whole building be in ruins the first second Lugia emerged? Lugia is rumored to be able to summon hurricanes with one flap of its wings!"

"This is true, but i don't think he's crazy enough to send us all to the other side....at least not yet. He must have some control over them, but like you said, Lugia would be the bigger threat at the moment, so perhaps we should concentrate attacks on it first. Colonel, get ready for a stone edge!"

"Prepare your Shadow ball Solstice! When Colonel launches Stone edge, combine the attacks!" Solstice crouched down as a ball of dark energy formed at her mouth. When the stone edge was released, solstice combined the two attacks, creating a stone edge that was charged with ghostly energy. The combo heading right towards the Lugia, "it's going to be a direct hit!" Ina said as she watched the attack grow closer to the Lugia.

"Hmhmhm, Lugia use Areoblast". Murray said sounding a little more unsettling. "What, oh no" The aeroblast cancels out the combination. "What kinda frontier brain are you, your not playing fair, and your really starting to convince me that your not a good person!" Jaquille said balling his fist. "Ina lets try again, but this time, we have to catch it off guard. Colonel, use Stone edge".

"Solstice!" The fused the Stone edge with shadow ball again, but immediately used psychic, returning the stone edge to the ground, unable to be seen. Solstice let out a fake wail of pain, trying to distract the Lugia. As soon as it eyes averted to Solstice, the Espeon popped the fused stone edge up right behind it, landing a huge hit. "That was great Solstice! But, in all reality, where did you learn to make that noise? You've never really been in pain before." Ina shrugged the thought off, they had landed a 4x effective move on this legendary, She wanted to see the effects.

"Ha, looks like that by itself was enough to bring it down. Now there's just one to go". "Gah, you horrid children. Team cypher didnt mention anything about you two being this strong(gotta have some kind of team hindering us at some point)". After saying the info, he covered his mouth. "Now xerneas use geomancy!" Ina, did you hear that? Did he just say what i think he said?" Jaquille said preparing the next attack.

"Yep, I heard him too. Interrupt The Geomancy with your Iron Tail Solstice!" The Espeon obeyed and hit the Xerneus with her Iron Tail, but Geomancy was already used. "Arceus dangit!" she murmured. The life pokemon launched a Moonblast at Blaziken witch Solstice blasted away with Iron Tail. "I want to analyze what he said as much as you do, but focus right now."
((I don't mind the Evil Team, if its pokemon, you got to have one!))

"Right, hanks! Right Colonel use blaze kick on xerneas" The blaze kick impacts does damage. "Your right, lets get him to tell us what he knows after we beat him. Try this on for size, Colonel, use flamethrower!"

"Solstice! Fuse that move with Power Swap!" Solstice did, letting loose vibrant waves of color swirl around the Flamethrower. When it made contact, the move both hurt and swapped the Special attack and Attack with Solstice. "Yes! Now I have a Geomancy Espeon!"Ina yelled in delight! "That worked I can't believe that actually worked!" She started bouncing around a bit before calming down.

"Grrrr, now launch moonblast and blow those two in their pokemon away!" Murray called out the order. "Nice one Ina, Now lets wrap this up. With that Geomacy helping Solstice, we can finish this battle. Now. set your fist ablaze, and combine it with a sky uppercut!"

"Use Shadow Tail!" Ina yelled. The Espeon leaped into the air and started with iron tail until dark energy coated the outside. She ran alongside Colonel, ready to use the final attack.