• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The new battle frontier (open)

As xerneas fired the moonblast, Colonel and Soltice's attack launched as well. At first they struggled with the impact, but the combined force of the two pokemon was enough to push through, and KO the xerneas. "Oh yeah! Looks like its over for you Murray....although, that's what i would say if you were the real Murray. I.Q, use water pulse!" The water pulse collides with the ground around him, blowing away his disguise. "I had a feeling, but the question is, when did you change into that, cause im still pretty sure the Murray we battled still cheated as well".

Ina gasped at Murray's new appearance. "Now I hypothesized you being on an evil team, but I didn't think you dressed up to look like Murray." Ina recalled Solstice to its Pokeball.
Ina put her hands on her hips and closely studied the imposter. "For some reason, I seem to recognize you. But I don't remember..." She stood up straight again, thinking very hard.

Jaquille felt like he recognized the strange man as well from somewhere. "You know, my dad said he dealt with a few ciphers before they were taken down by some kid a while back. They were pretty bad people that tried to do turn pokemon into shadow pokemon.....are you trying to recycle plans or something?" Shaddup would you, i never accounted for you two to mettle so thoroughly Nobody gets in Greevils's way" the short man said as he let out a frustrated growl.
((Ok, I'm done for the night. I'll be on Tomorrow))

"Yep, yep, shadow Pokemon, stuff like that... It all seems familiar." She hummed for a few seconds. "Wait... Hold on....did you?" She contemplated saying the question in front of JaQuille. Ina decided against it, giving the goon a frightening stare.
((Night!))

"Ok everyone stand down!" Jake yelled as he walked down to where the two challengers and 'Murray' were all standing "you guys are in way over your heads, but you Murray you went too far I warned you about the pocket remote but you never listened. So your out please hand over your poke booster and frontier cards" jake said as he walked toward the three trainers and held out his hand as the older man handed over his frontier cards and a small red device.
"I will get my revenge on you two!" Murray yelled

---later that day---

"Now that's out of the way, I believe there is still the formality of your first frontier symbols the luck symbol." Jake said to the two trainers as he handed them a small gold circle with the image of a pile of coins on it "you guys are now both a seventh of the way to being able to challenge me, good luck, guys you'll need it not all he frontier brains are that easy to defeat"

"And I'm the next." said Rye said with a slight grin. Now, Wasn't the Type to boast or anything, in fact, he was very self aware. And some what timid. But his Pokemon had influenced him to sort out his anxiety, so he was much calmer than 2 years ago, when he had first joined the Battle Frontier.

((OCC can you please refrain from any more mentions of shadow Pokemon etc))
"Rye nice to see ya, its really been a while hasn't it?" Jake said as he acknowledged the other frontier brain
"If you thought Greevil or Murray by his real name was hard just wait for a battle against rye"

(fine)
"Wow, Ina, can you believe it? We just won our first frontier symbol!" Jaquille said twirling the coin in his hand. "It's so lovely......and there is still more to go. But....aw man" he said before a loud rumble let from his stomach. "I suppose that what happens when you forget to eat breakfast."

"Well, its you're fault for training instead of eating." Ina puffed, joking. "So, Rye, are you a Frontier Brain?" she asked the Trainer with his Lucario.

"Lucarios are pretty common in Sinnoh, but I can see how you can be surprised by one, seeing you're from Hoenn." Ina sighed. "I'm actually going to go and take a break. See ya!" she walked down the hallway, Solstice right behind.

"Well that means that we'll end up having to battle you at some point, hehe" Jaquille said as he returned I.Q and Colonel back into their pokeballs. It must be quite the responsibility to be a frontier brain in one of these places.

Ina was walking down the hallways, Solstice close behind. "So Solstice. When do you think we'll have to battle, Rye, was it?" To be completely honest, she was scared of the frontier brain. He looked like someone she knew before she started her journey. Ina, Lucas and Damien all set off on their journey together. But, when Damien fought for all the badges and beat her to the title of Champion, and when Lucas became professor Rowan's assistant, Ina had no one to talk to. As a Pokemon coordinator, she didn't know many styles of battling and she couldn't possibly memorize the known pokedex. Ina didn't actually start her journey with two eevees. She started with a Piplup, named Frostbite, which was stolen from her before she became a coordinator. The man looked almost exactly like Rye. It all happened after one measly battle between Damien and herself after Damien had beat Lucas.

"why do ya look so nervous? You meet a lot of people every day right? Something bothering you" Jaquille asked as he took out his pokenav to prepare to find a good restaurant.

"Oh, that Fronteir brain looks like someone who took a dear friend of mine away. No big deal" Ina shrugged. She tried to put on a fake smile at most, but failed even at that.

Rye walked to his house, which was quite small compared to jakes house, only 2 story's with a basement.

"Alright guys! Take a rest!" Said Rye as he released Lexi, his loppuny, Aura, his lucario, Dusk, his Umbreon, Shadow, his Houndoom, His Sylveon, Nike, and his Dewgong, Crystal.

""Of course thats a big deal", he said trying to make sure she remained calm. "Its understandable that it may have been traumatizing tho, even if it only a coincidence. Im sure he's not a bad guy. How long ago did this happen?"

"A year ago I was battling my friends when someone who looked like Rye came up behind the two of them and asked if he could be shown to the Pokemon center. I just started my journey, and being the polite girl I was, I showed him to the Center, my friend in my arms. Then he hit me on the head and took my best friend, I tried to run after him, and Damien did, but I passed out. The my friend Damien was in the hospital with me because the man attacked him too when he was running after my best friend." Ina's eyes showed hints of tears, but she couldn't cry here. "We were in the hospital for a month before we were let out." She finished with a sigh.

'oh, thats terrible. How could any guy do that/ And to a girl? Im so sorry to hear this happened to you. If only we knew who it was we could go after them", Jaquille said. He never really knew what to do when someone was sad. Whenever his friends were sad, he would just hug them or try to help them resolve it. Sometimes it worked out, but sometimes....not so much.

"As I said earlier, the man looks like Rye, but I can't and won't point fingers" Ina said. "I'm going to make my own dinner tonight, so I'll just go back." Ina walked away, back towards her tent. Solstice looked up at JaQuille. She's ok, this always comes up every once in a while. She'll be fine tomorrow. The sun Pokemon said, telepathically. She then padded after Ina.

((sorry, had to eat))
JaQuile nodded, and understanding. "i certainly hope so she just seemed so sad. And that Rye guy even looks like he's sad as well. Oh, i'm terrible in these kind of situations, i never know what to do.....like that time i tried to help Walley get over that gym battle loss......come to think of it, i should really go talk to some of my friends, and let them know how today went.". But then his stomach growled again. "...eh, right after a trip to mc'duckletts", he said as he zoomed out the door towards the restaurant.

Jake stood on the balcony of his apartment overlooking the resort of the bright lights of the battle facilities it was Friday night so most of the facilities were open late
"It's so peaceful up here" jake thought to himself "and its been a long day with Murray and those kids... Wait a minute"
"Serena! Have you got the results of that battle data i wanted?" Jake yelled to the AI who was uploaded into the apartments database
"Yes sir for Jaquille we have a plan for the defeat of the slowbro and the blaziken but i need more time for the other Pokemon and as for ina the plans for glaceon and espeon are already fully loaded and have been entered into the training program for your team" replied the AI in her high pitch digital voice
"Ok and extra training for the next week we need to be fully prepared for them to challenge us" jake said flatly

Ina was on her sleeping bag, drawing her best friend. She was humming a lullaby her mom sung to her once. And why are you so sad? It's almost been a full year, just get over it. Solstice said. Ina looked at the Sun Pokemon. "Let me propose this idea to you. I was walking next to you, and then someone tries to take me away, a kidnap. You try to run after the kidnapper, but are unable to because an injury. Then you and Minti are both in the hospital for a long time because you both were injured and unable to get me back. To this day, you would not know where I am or how I'm being treated. For all you know, I could be working as someone's Maid." Ina sighed. "I'm going to bed." She placed her drawing on a happy looking penguin next to her and fell asleep.

JaQuille finished his food and quickly rushed back to his camp. He then opened the laptop and called up Brendan and May and Wally. "Hi guys, how ya been Jaquille said as their faces appeared on the screen. "Great, being a gym leader is much harder than I thought it would be, but man, is it fun" Brendan said". "I've already got a few contest ribbons from Sinnoh, their so cool", May said as she showed the ribbons to everyone on screen. "Um, well, I'm still having trouble with beating the elite 4, I'm giving it all i got, but its just harder than i thought", Wally said looking down. "I'm sorry to hear that Wally. I think you just need to work on your strategies, you know? Cant hesitate, buy you have to be careful and plan out attacks as well" Jaquille replied. "I told him that, but he always say's he has some trouble deciding when to use which" Brendan said". Jaquille felt good talking to them again, even if it has only been a week since he's seen them. After he beat the pokemon league, he barely had a chance to go home, before Scott practically pushed him towards the boat to get here.
"Well, i got my first battle symbol. After a little morning training, we had went against this guy named Murray. His facility was pretty festive. I met one of the brains before him though. He's supposed to be the strongest of them, i believe his name was Jake. He does give off an interesting vibe. And also i met this girl, Ina from Sinnoh. She seems to be pretty good at contests, an given her battle style, you can really tell." After the catching up, Jaquille started to feel sleepy, so he turned said goodbye to them and turned in for the night. "Gets plenty of sleep my friends, we will get u first thing in the morning and continue to train, starting with a few laps" he said before he turned in.

"Lets Go team!" Ina was marching down the path to her new training area, the river with a large field around it. "Minti, Sostice, Flash, practice combo moves over there! Cloudia, Cinder, Neptune! Stay here with me!" She called. The pokemon obeyed, Flash and Minti walking to their area, Solstice close behind. The three pokemon she was working with today stayed close. "Ok, so here we go! Cinder, I want you to set Cloudia's Cotton spore on fire! Then, Neptune I want you to freeze it with Ice beam!" The pokemon complied, leaving a chunk of burning cotton in the center of an Ice ball. "Now! Cinder, use psychic to throw it in that pillar of ice!." Minti, Flash, and Solstice had made a pillar of ice in the center of the lake while training, and this opportunity was perfect for Ina.

"Come on, pick up those feet everyone, we still have a few two more laps around to to", Jaquille said whilst running with his team. When we're all done training, we'll go get cleaned up, and then go to the next facility. After the last two laps were complete, they had stopped at an abandoned looking area of the frontier. "Alright guys, lets work on countering moves. Vindictive, and Highness you two are up first." Both pokemon nodded as they entered the blank area. "Now, Highness, use Blizzard", prompting the Walrien to fire the beam. "Vindictive, use Sludge bomb", he called out to the skuntank causing her to fir its attack at the blizzard. The two attacks collided creating an explosion. "Whoa, good thing this place is already in shambles", Jaquille said rubbing his head. "Now, Vindictive, use Flamethrower, and Highness, use ice beam", he said, causeing them to create another combined attack explosion. "Ha, not bad, not bad", now lets practice some more counters", he said.

The ice pillar shattered on impact, making dozens of Glittering pieces fly through the air. "Great guys!" Ina called, quite proud of her new move. "Here, I'm going to help the other three." She called as she jogged over to her Pokemon. "Let's do this! Wait, what's?..." Minti and Flash were in an argument about something. "Solstice?" 'Minti wanted Flash to create a electric pillar of ice, but Flash wanted to try jumping off of the pillar to attack. "Oh, ok, well guys!" The two Pokemon didn't listen, Minti letting out an unstable ice shard and Flash releasing a strong thunder. Just at that moment, Minti used hail, which corrupted the Thunder, and the whole mess exploded. "Lapras!" The Lapras used protect around the river area, protecting the grass, the water and everything nearby. The only evidence of the boom was the fact that only Ina was covered in ashes. Solstice had jumped in front of Ina, because the protect could not work on humans. "Pfft. Well, that didn't work, did it?" Ina laughed. "Thank you Neptune, we'll all take a break."

"Ok colonel, and Oblivion, you guys are up next, lets practice some combat", Jaquille said calling the two forward. The two pokemon bowed to each other, and took a battle stance. "Now Oblivion, use thunder punch, and Colonel, use blaze kick to counter it", The two moves collided without either pokemon letting up. "Great job you two, now separate. Oblivion, you use shadow punch", which then, Oblivion thew a punch shrouded in dark sparks. "Now Colonel, counteract the punch with a fiery sky uppercut". Colonel did just that, and deflected the punch. "Great job guys, you keep practicing, and you two as well Highness and Vindictive", Jaquille said before turning his attention towards Terron and I.Q. Ok I.Q, i need you to create a psychic force around Terron, and try to push him backwards a little. And Terron, i need you to try to push yourself forwards as he does so. This will work on your speed, and strength, as well as I.Q, mental prowess and build his energy. After the training is done, we'll finally be ready for the next challenge", he said adjusting his hat.

"Urk." Ina mumbled. She was still trying to get ashes out of her hair. "Well guys, your power is getting so much better!" Ina joked. "Ok, let's get back to business." She scanned her team in the feild. "Solstice, from what I heard, you didn't get much training in last time, so we'll practice together." Ina stopped for a moment, thinking hard. "Ok!" She exclaimed. "Cinder and Flash make up a combo to show me. So do you, Minti and Cloudia. Neptune, you'll work with me as well." The groups split, talking among themselves. "Ok, solstice, levitate Neptune over here to make it easier on her." The transport Pokemon floated over to them, clapping her flippers excitedly. "Neptune, use surf, but only over here, don't attack the other groups." The Lapras obeyed, summoning large amounts of water from the river. "Solstice, use psycic to lift Neptune and I up, then find a way to stop the surf." As she said it, Ina was lifted into the air. Then she used a large shadow ball to disperse the surf. "Great job!" Ina praised.

The training, was complete for today, and Jaquille's pokemon deserved a well earned break. "Alright everyone, time to relax, well done today it seems we made great progress", he called out as they all made their way back to the pokemon center. He looked through his pokenav to scout out the next battle facility. "It appears to be....the battle Truster......hm....there isn't much information on this one. Probably because the nav is still gathering data. Guess we'll find out when we get there." After the period of rest, they make their way towards the battle Truster.

"Let's do this!" Ina said, quite excited for her next battle. The next place was called the battle Truster. She trusted her Pokemon to save her if she were falling off a cliff a mile away. Levy felt like this one would not be too much of a challenge, but you can't underestimate the Fronteir brains. 'Are you sure about having that much confidence, Ina?' Solstice asked her. 'I mean, if you happened to be falling off a clif a mile away, we might not have enough time to come and save you.' The sun Pokemon smirked at her trainer's thoughts. "I believe in you guys. No big deal." Was the simple answer the Pokemon got.

Jaquille walked into the facility and stopped in the hallway. It was.....abnormally quiet. He looked around and noticed the walls were covered with hands shaking another hand. The atmosphere itself was actually....very calming. "I get the trust part, but i'm almost afraid to as what it could involve", Jaquille said before being interrupted by I.Q emerging from his pokeball. "Well, as the name would imply, it involves trust, but i see your point in the possible safety hazards it could posses", the slowking said back to him. "Yeah, and the thing is.......Bwah" Jaquille let out a scream before falling to the ground. "Wha....you talked" Jaquille said getting back up. "Yup, hehe, i guess the poison from the shellder supplied enough to my brain, to allow me to speak to you.....although that happened a while back, i just never really had a reason to speak, you were pretty content with working alone"...I.Q said back to him. Jaquille just stood there at complete awe.

"Hey! JaQuille!" Ina was running down the hallways. She was panting when she caught up to him. "Hi! I just got here and I heard you already arrived and I didn't want to miss your match! Your battling style is really cool in its own way." Ina straightened herself out. "Oh, hi I.Q, how are you today?" Ina expected a comment from Solstice by now, but Minti and Solstice were in their Pokeballs.

"I'm fine thanks, and how are you Ina", I.Q replied back to her. "I suppose Jaquille is getting ready for his next battle. We've been training a lot this morning, so i feel pretty good about this". Jaquille still stood there speechless before finally speaking up. "Um, hi Ina and thanks", he replied still a little shocked.

"I'm doing... Wait, what?" Ina was going to respond to I.Q, but she stopped. "Are you?... Talking?.... Not using Telepathy?.... Maybe I should go back to bed..." she said with her hand on her forehead. Ina straightened herself out. "Well, I.Q. I may be in a dream, but I'm feeling good today. Now..." Ina gave herself a small pinch, which she definitely felt. Plus, she reached back and felt ashes still in her hair. "Ok.... I'm very confused..."

"From what i forgot, the shellder on its head continuously secretes poison to its brain, making it smarter each time. It's also says that they can become so smart, even being able to learn human language. It surprised me too actually....i can still barely believe it myself. Now as for this place, lets go in and see what it holds. ((im actually not really sure about this one. Any ideas? I was thinking something like where they have to use moves on thier own or something))

"That's quite interesting." Ina said, collecting herself again. She thought for a second. "Hold on, I think that this is the place where you're separated from your pokemon, and you can see the battle, but you have to create some way to communicate with your Pokémon without talking to them." Ina smiled. "I hope you're ready Solstice, I hope to be using you a lot in this place!"

((Sounds like a plan, I'm imagining a soundproof balcony where you can see the battle field and your pokemon are battling, but you have to communicate by telepathy or body language.))

((Oh, that's a great idea would you like make the brain here, or should I?))
"Well, i suppose I.Q, will be my secret weapon here, but i think i'll start off with someone else first", Jaquille said returning I.Q into his ball. The doorway opened revealing a huge stadium, with a even bigger crowd. There were two balconies above the crowds where the trainers could be seen from the arena, but were also surround in soundproof glass. "Gee, i never had to battle in front of this many people before. Even the championship match wasn't this packed", Jaquille said sounding impressed.