• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Marvelous Adventures in the Tokalla Region

Welcome to the Tokalla region! To sign up go to http://pokecharms.com/threads/the-marvelous-adventures-in-the-takolla-region-discussion-sheet.14615/

"RISE AND SHINE TRAINERS," said a voice coming through Pokenavs across Coriad Town. "Today is like nothing ever before! Today is the day you trainers get your own starter Pokemon!" but who is this person sending messages throughout Coriad Town, why none other than Professor Senna. "Trainers do you think you're ready to be Pokemon masters!? Well then let's get this show on the road." And this is how our story begins.

"Oh my god! Is Professor Senna really going to be giving us trainers our very own Pokemon? That's crazy!" thought Ken to himself as he started running full speed towards the Professor's lab. Ken was basically causing sandstorms anywhere he was running at. Ken finally saw the lab and punched right through door, even though they were automatic. "Well I see, who the excited one is," said a voice coming from above, when Ken looked up it was none other than Professor Senna. "PROFESSOR! Is it true you're giving out starter Pokemon!?" asked Ken to Professor Senna with short breath. "Why yes, you may now decide." replied Professor Senna. With hard concentration Ken finally decided on Treecko, and Ken gave the Treecko the nickname Sycamore. "Here's your Pokedex and Poke balls, now have fun out there." said the professor. "Thank you!" and then before Professor Senna could say anything else, Ken was already gone. "*Sigh* I just hope the other trainers aren't as silly as him."

Last edited:
Ken knew Steven only for a short time, while he was in Coriad Town, but he didn't know just yet if he wanted to take Steven along with him, "Sure, but first we're going to have a Pokemon battle! Let's both use our full power, and no backing down!" Ken just needed to test out how useful Steven would be on his journey. "Sycamore! I choose you!"

"Ah, Its a beautiful day in Coriad town" said Sebrain "Maybe I'll be able to catch a new pokemon for the gym!" Sebrain then noticed a young man with a Treecko. He then took a good look at the trainer and saw passion in his eyes. He then walked up to Ken and extended his arm out and said "Hello"

Fant was traveling with his Mimikyu by his side. The Mimikyu had a mini umbrella tied to its side. The two were on a search to teach new trainers the battle mechanics. He had his art pack tied to his back, so he can give a visual example. When he walked into Coriad Town, he saw a battle starting. He ran over there as fast as he could holding Mimikyu. "Do you know how battles work!?"He said breathing heavily.

As Ken was thinking that he would have a battle with Steven, two strangers came up to him saying different things. As he looked into them more deeply he noticed that they were both gym leaders of Takolla!! "SEBRAIN! FANT! What are you guys doin' here!? Wait forgive me for being rude, my name's Ken and I hope to become a great Pokemon master! Oh, and Fant, I do know how to battle! Learned it all from Coriad's very own Pokemon Academy." Ken was probably a little too excited, it's just that he got to meet two gym leaders. He knows he'll get strong enough to beat them one day.

Lil' Y was walking into Coriad (Sorry if i spell the city names wrong) town and saw a boy with a pokemon, starstruck whilst talking to other gym leaders. His Wishiwashi (It will be regular except when in battle) was swimming in his tank. Lil' Y walked over. "Hey, are you a new trainer?" He asked. "I would ask you to battle, but i would one hit your pokemon, despite my pokemon being water types. Well, good luck on your journey!" "Wishi!" His Wishiwashi yelped.

Last edited:
"WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE GYM LEADERS!" Ken just started his journey and yet he has already me three gym leaders, Sebrain, Lil' Y, and Fant. Ken knew he had long ways to go until challenging them. "And why're you guys here in Coriad Town?" asked Ken confused about the situation he was in.

Last edited:
"Well, Professor Senna sent me here to Greet new trainers!" Lil' Y Replied to the boy. "I just excpected you to be one, because you only have one pokeball.

"Oh I was just going for inspiration. So your a trainer right?" Fant asked. "If that is the case, we will battle one day, but we will be prepared." Fant said. "Mimi!" Mimikyu said. "So, does anyone want to have a practice battle with me?" He said. "If not you should be heading for the first gym!"

"fianally my first pokemon a litten!"Said Shadow as she walks into the grass."hmmm well lets battle that yangoose!"Yelled Shadow as she sends out litten."Lit Litten!"Said Litten "well hmm what moves do you have..." Wondered shadow as she pulled out her pokedex. "hmm ok Litten Use Ember!" Exclamed Shadow. Litten used Ember and then the yangoose uses bite but litten counters it with tackle knocking yangoose out."Yea great job Litten!" Shadow Praised as she ran over to litten."Now we will train hard since you'll get lots of exp now lets train!"

"Well, to be blunt Fant, I wanted to battle Steven, and I think we both know that you're way over my league right know, but I will battle you someday and win!" said Steven to Fant, with probably to much confidence.

Soon after training Shadow sees a pink glameow in the grass and desided to catch it "Alright Litten weaken it with tackle!" Litten used tackle and after 3 turns the glameow was caught and named Strawberry."Ok come on out Strawberry!"Shadow Exclamed as she threw Strawberry's pokeball in the air and Strawberry pops out and falls into Shadow's arms."Hi Strawberry i'm Shadow Thats Litten well his name is now Flamethower welcome to the team." Shadow calmly and sweetly said to Strawberry. "Nyan Meow glam "Purred Strawberry.Soon after training Shadow walks into the next town and notices that Fant's Mimikyu wanted a practice battle. "uhh hi uhh i think i heard that your mimikyu wants to battle?" Shadow asked Nervously

Ken was just looking at this new girl with awe, Is she really thinking of challenging a gym leader. "Do you even know who you're asking to battle!? This ain't just any gym leader, he's Fant the strongest of all the gym leaders!? If you want to battle him go right ahead, but just saying he just ain't some random trainer." Ken didn't even know how to take in this situation.

"Litten Lit lit!(Who Cares!)" Yelled litten "Glam mew meow GLAM(Don't Judge Her shes new!)!" Exclaimed Strawberry as she scratches Ken."Hey don't do that!"Scolded Shadow "I.....i'm s-sorry..."Shadow Quietly said as she picks up Litten and Strawberry then runs off into the next route."Huff fianlly"Shadow Said as she lays down"i can't even talk to any trainers...why did i become a trainer.."Shadow Sighed

Ken asks Steven if he could battle him later, and before Steven could say anything, Ken was gone (He has a habit of doing that). Man, I feel like a complete douche bag. I didn't mean to be rude, I just thought that it was crazy. As Ken was running toward Route 224 he saw the trainer and walked up to her. "Hey there, I didn't mean to be rude to you back there. Oh, and that scratch your Glameow gave me, that was nothin', cause I already have a scar. And it's just that you were asking to fight a really strong trainer, and that just made me baffle out loud. Look, what I'm basically trying to say is, sorry. Can ya' forgive me? Also my name's Ken, what's yours?" Ken felt like he was saying too much, but he wanted to get out the message that he was really sorry and that he isn't a douche bag.

Last edited:
"Glam.....mrrrrrrr MEOW!Yelled Strawberry but Shadow Grabs her."..S-Shadow my name is Shadow.." Studdered Shadow."Lit...ten"Growls Litten as he backs up behind Shadow.".....look i got to go...uhh"Shadow Runs off again then stops "Uhh Ken was it?Were is the first gym?Questioned Shadow

"Oh, Ok! Wow, Shadow your Pokemon really hate me! Guess they haven't forgiven me. Oh, and the first gym is in Brandur Town, just follow the path on DEATH FOREST (said Ken with an ominous and loud tone). Don't worry, no one has died there, at least I think. Besides I think it's only called that because of all the ghost type Pokemon. If you like, I can come along with you. We can both train for the first gym, which I've studied hard and long for!" Ken just wanted to repay to Shadow because he doesn't want her to think that he's just a jerk.

"Wow ghost types!" Shadow Says in amazment "And Sure you can come with!".Strawberry and Litten just stare at Ken."Ok return you two"Said Shadow.Shadow returns them and runs into the forest."Hmm wait were are the ghost pokemon?" Said Shadow

"Oh, I rented this Hoothoot from the clerk, at the entrance. Come on out Hoothoot! This Hoothoot knows Foresight, so we can see ghost types, easy peasy." And as Hoothoot was using Foresight, tons of ghost type Pokemon were everywhere. But one Pokemon caught Ken's eyes, a Gastly! "Treecko use Absorb three times on that Gastly" and as so, as soon as the Gastly's HP was down, Ken chucked a Poke Ball. "Yeah! I caught my first Pokemon!" Ken named the Gastly Jackallenn.

Last edited:
"Wow! Thats cool hmm now lets see Look at that a flying cloth!Yelled Shadow. "Glam Meow!" Yelled Strawberry as she uses bite to weaken the shuppet."Ok Go pokeball!" Says Shadow as she throws the ball and catches it."YES! Ill name you Shupps"Said Shadow "Nice gastly Ken it looks like it has good evs" Said Shadow. Gtg to bed

As Ken and Shadow are out having a nice time training, two mysterious figures are watching them. "These trainers have really good Pokemon. Do you think the boss'll like them." "Yeah, let's do this."

Fant looked at the new trainer. "Alright then!" He said. He nodded and sent out Mimikyu. Mimikyu was excited and was jumping up and down ready to fight the new trainer. "Kyu!" Mimiyu said. Fant laughed and was preparing he strategy.

Last edited:
Ken was feeling something very unsettling, it felt like someone was following and watching them. "Shadow, do you feel something that doesn't feel right?" Ken was just asking to make sure he wasn't crazy.

"Huh oh hmm no what about you guys?" Asked Shadow "Glam...(no....)Sighed Strawberry "Well nope wait watch out Ken!" Shadow yelled as she knocks over Ken to save him from a Poochyena."......heh its nothing"Studdered shadow as she pulls off the poochyena then she falls down on her knees "Glam!"Yelled Strawberry as she ran to Shadow "I'm fine it was only a bite"Said Shadow

"Woah! Shadow, wait I've got some bandages and Oran berries." Ken pulled out his bandages from his backpack and wrapped it around the wound. "Here, eat these Oran Berries. I know people use them for their Pokemon, but I usually eat berries when I'm sick and I feel all better, so just try some."

"O-ok i guess 'huff' "Shadow slowly says as she eats the berrys "GLAM!"Strawberry was attacked by the poochyena "HEY LEAVE THEM ALONE! Yelled Shadow as she runs to the poochyena "You mr need a trainer wait a moment you have a collar 'Please return this pokemon to our base'What..base.."Shadow was cutted off "Hey stop and put him down!"Said a grunt

"Wait a second! I know you guys! You guys are none other than Team Radioactive grunts!" Ken has heard about these guys in the Pokemon Academy. Team Radioactive are a group of thugs who fight random trainers and if they win, they steal that trainers Pokemon. "HEY! LEAVE ME AND SHADOW ALONE! If you want a fight you're going to regret it!" yelled Ken at the two grunts. "Do you actually think you can win against, TEAM RADIOACTIVE! Well then come on out Zubat!" these grunts were a little to cocky. "Come on out Gastly, Shadow will you join me on a double battle against these grunts!"

"Ok...(My first battle with a trainer!) Go shupps!Yelled Shadow "Use Faint attack on zubat!"Yelled Shadow "Wait...Ken uhh look at that zubat it has something on its neck so does to poochyena"Said Shadow as she commanded Shupps to do Another faint attack

"Gastly use Hypnosis on both that trainers Pokemon!" Both the Grunts Pokemon fell asleep. "And Shadow I do see those collars, but what do they have to do with anything." said Ken to Shadow as he made his Gastly use Lick on the Zubat.

"Well i think those pokemon are being controled" Said Shadow as she switches out shupps for Litten and tells him to use fury swipes on the collar."Lets aim for the collar they are badly hurt and asleep after all"Said Shadow as she keeps telling litten to attack the collar till finally it shatters."Yes!"

"HOW THE!? How did you know that these collars controlled Pokemon!?" yelled the grunt at Shadow. "Return Jackallenn! Come on out Sycamore! Sycamore use Absorb on that Poochyena's collar!" Sycamore continued to do so until the collar disintegrated. Then the two Pokemon realized the situation they were in and ran away. "YEAH! and Shadow how the heck did you know they were being controlled?"

".....idk(>_< no i would'nt)" Said Shadow.But then watches as the poor Pooch pokemon limps so she runs over pulls out a potion and sprays it healing it and it nods then runs off. "Idk how i knew Ken they were acting wierd" Shadow added strangely.

"YOU FOOLS! Because of this you two will now know the true meaning of pain from Team Radioactive!" yelled one of the grunts. "You know, you guys can just leave." said Ken and in Dragon Ball Z style, Ken disappeared from thin air, went over to the two grunts and punched and kicked them out of the forest. "Well Shadow, I guess know that Team Radioactive's on us we should train even harder than what we had to do before."

Yet Shadow was still yelling in front of the grunts. "You know....i know someone that has been to all regions but this one so punch me again and i will call"Yelled Shadow."......dude shes is a tough potato" Wispeared one of the grunts."I'M NOT A POTATO!!!!!!" Yelled Shadow.

5 min later."AND YOU BETTER SHUT IT NOW!"Yelled Shadow."Dude lets run she boring me out"Said one grunt and they run off."Hmpth well i dealed with them but look were here!" Exclaimed Shadow. gtg tired