• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tounament!

Even though I just got here, it seems so. Just as long as it makes sense for a Pokemon to use it and to have learned it in the first place. Like a Pokemon more adept at using physical moves wouldnt use any special moves unless absolutely necessary, and maybe they havent mastered those special moves completely because of their almost exclusive use of their physical moves.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Is it okay if I join, but have a character that spectates and won't participate in the tournament beyond that, but maybe still have a 1v1 battle with them outside of that?
I'm not really sure, I'll think about it and get back to you later.

Even though I just got here, it seems so. Just as long as it makes sense for a Pokemon to use it and to have learned it in the first place. Like a Pokemon more adept at using physical moves wouldnt use any special moves unless absolutely necessary, and maybe they havent mastered those special moves completely because of their almost exclusive use of their physical moves.
That's mostly it, basically any moves the Pokemon learns and maybe a couple moves that said Pokemon makes sense to learn can be used by that Pokemon.

I know PrincessPika hasn't figured out if I should join just yet, but I just want to point something out after reading the RP. Steelix has a very high Defense, but mediocre Special Defense. Confusion and everything else that Gardevoir used on Steelix are Special Attacks, and Harden only increases the Defense, not the Special Defense, meaning that the damage output from Gardevoir's attacks wouldn't have changed at all, except for the Steel-Type resistance to Psychic (Ghost does neutral damage to Steel since Gen VI).

I know it's been a little late to point this out and the action already ended, but it was just something that bothered me and I wanted to voice it out.

Also, with what Tudor said, I didn't see anything about the Floatzel getting hit by the Toxic, yet it was a point blank hit before the Weavile got knocked out. If that were the case, Floatzel would have been badly poisoned.

yea, but consistency within the Pokemon moves and abilities is HIGHLY important in a setting where battles take place almost every single post. I don't care about the perfection just as long as people understand the mechanics behind the moves they are having their Pokemon use, or else confusion will settle within the RP itself when someone uses the move or ability wrong.

I use Bulbapedia for my information on what Pokemon can learn what moves. If a Pokemon can't learn that move, then there is no point in the Pokemon using it at all. This gets frustrating when the PLOT ITSELF is all about the competition and battling in a league. xD Sorry, it's just nonsensical to me.

I usually just have my Pokemon learn most, if not all, of their Level-Up moves, and then some TMs/HMs, Tutors, and one or two Egg moves.

Well yea, it just means their stat is lowered in that particular area until they get returned. Just making sure of that, though. XD Sorry if I sound nit-picky, and I won't say anything else until something doesn't seem right so I don't seem too annoying. Which means I won't diss on the creativity of the moves because creativity is pretty fun (just as long as it makes sense). XD

But yea, to be honest, it's a pretty great battle, despite the few strange things that happen.