• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tounament!

I don't have the final say in the matter on what happens, since this is PrincessPika's RP and I literally am just waiting for her to see if it's okay for me to join or stay in the Discussion. I just have a more literal mindset when it comes to this sort of stuff and I'm sorry if I'm bearing down on everyone. XD Then again, the only thing the Floatzel used in terms of using moves they can't learn is Refresh, which is probably why PrincessPika didn't say anything about it because it is only really one "minor" move and it isn't really anything like Zap Cannon. XD

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
I use Bulbapedia for my information on what Pokemon can learn what moves. If a Pokemon can't learn that move, then there is no point in the Pokemon using it at all. This gets frustrating when the PLOT ITSELF is all about the competition and battling in a league. xD Sorry, it's just nonsensical to me.

I usually just have my Pokemon learn most, if not all, of their Level-Up moves, and then some TMs/HMs, Tutors, and one or two Egg moves.
I did say that moves that Pokemon make sense to learn but don't learn can be used. (Like Popplio using Bubble)

If PrincessPika decides not to let me join, I'm wondering if she will allow me to be the ref that can oversee the battles (not in the RP, but in the discussion), just so I can call stuff out like this just in case (sorry, it just seems like I'm the only one that looks this stuff up on a daily and verify everyone's everything).
Yeah, that'd be okay, still trying to think about if you can join or not though.

I don't have the final say in the matter on what happens, since this is PrincessPika's RP and I literally am just waiting for her to see if it's okay for me to join or stay in the Discussion. I just have a more literal mindset when it comes to this sort of stuff and I'm sorry if I'm bearing down on everyone. XD Then again, the only thing the Floatzel used in terms of using moves they can't learn is Refresh, which is probably why PrincessPika didn't say anything about it because it is only really one "minor" move and it isn't really anything like Zap Cannon. XD
...I literally just got back on right now in the morning here and I haven't read through the RP post that were posted overnight but yeah Refresh is fine.

The first battle is basically a spam match in my opinion

Nnnnnoooooo for the first part at least. Near the end yeah :/

I'm gonna try not to spam but I also don't want to go down easily without a fight or without
strategy developed against me. I like the battles being lengthy and unique and having enough time to show off moves and strategies. I like my opponent figuring out what I do and then coming up with something to use against me. Outsmarting me instead of just out damaging me. It's difficult to pull off in a small time frame but possible ;p @SwiftSwoobat This is a tall order but plz, PLZ XD

Last edited:
Just a small itty-bitty question: Are the copies made by Double Team the Excadrill is using actual physical copies that can hurt other people, or do they just pass through without damaging anything and is only there to psyche people out? I'm just... confused at the post you made and wasn't so sure on what to think when I saw that (even though I did see previous posts where, I think, the Excadrill's copies didn't hurt the Floatzel, but I'm not too entirely sure).

Well, I remember in the anime that the copies attacked too.
But, if you know differently, tell me that I'm wrong, I guess...

Just a small itty-bitty question: Are the copies made by Double Team the Excadrill is using actual physical copies that can hurt other people, or do they just pass through without damaging anything and is only there to psyche people out? I'm just... confused at the post you made and wasn't so sure on what to think when I saw that (even though I did see previous posts where, I think, the Excadrill's copies didn't hurt the Floatzel, but I'm not too entirely sure).
They didn't hurt the Floatzel because they kept dodging.

Eh, but don't ask me, because someone else will probably have the correct answer. XD

Yea, I checked it up on Bulbapedia and the game data has this to say: "By moving rapidly, the user makes illusory copies of itself to raise its evasiveness."

Basically, what your Pokemon is doing is moving so fast, it creates afterimages of itself. Or it glows white and makes the copies if they aren't that fast to begin with. The times a Pokemon has ever made copies that didn't disintegrate after being hit or phasing through the opponent when "attacking" was Greta's Umbreon in the Pokemon Adventures manga, and the manga had other Pokemon using Double Team that weren't solid to begin with. The only manga that had this consistently was the Pokemon Pocket Monster's Manga, but it was only during two battles between Red's Clefairy and Tyrogue against a trainer's Dragonair, and an unknown trainer's Gothorita in a later chapter of the Pocket Monsters BW. Since then, it's been established that the copies from Double Team are illusions. The only Pokemon in the anime that ever used Double Team and had "physical" copies was a Deoxys in the Destiny Deoxys movie, but that was a Mythical, and no Pokemon is ever on par with a Mythical or Legendary in terms of power.

Basically, none of the copies should be physical or solid to begin with, and none of them should affect the original or should trip on each other because they aren't real to begin with.

Loki felt sad that him and Finion couldn't engage in social interaction. I mean, I guess it would feel weird for a random person to know your name, but that was because he read the tournament matches, and Alice said it, too, if he could recall. It then began a silence while Permafrost was trying to talk to the Pachirisu Finion had. Loki held Valdivia's Heavy Ball, contemplating if he should use him.

@SwiftSwoobat

But I wrote something though ...

@SwiftSwoobat

Finion tensed up a little bit as he heard an unknown voice behind him. It was even more unsettling that the unknown voice had used his name. He turned to see Loki standing next to him, Finion giving a shaky smile but quickly returning his attention back to the battle. "I don't know if I'm going to be honest" His word delivery was a little bit awkward and shaky but he forced himself to relax, there was no point in being worried next to his opponent. "Both of them are on their last Pokemon and both of them are giving their all" A smile came across his face, knowing that his Pokemon would do the same for him in the upcoming battle.

"Hey so ..." Finion had intended to talk to Loki but the second he started doing so his mind went blank. "We're like up next and I just wanna ..." He glanced to the side, sighing a little bit as the Pachirisu on his shoulder gave Loki a glare. Finion was quick to notice this, poking Sparky's face and frowning. "Hey, no. Don't do that" With his Pokemon temporarily disciplined he looked back to Loki. "Have fun and stuff, just because we're opponents doesn't mean we can't be friends" Finion offered a more genuine and firm smile than before as well as his hand for a handshake.

Could you rewrite your post please maybe?