• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Enraged Pokemon Mystery (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Zack asked the teenage girl that question, he heard Kari from the corner of the room.
“Rhyperior are dangerous, you should ride something more like this.” Kari then tossed a Poke Ball towards the teenager and she caught it, then smiled at Kari.
"Okay, Zack, lets get going!" The two of them ran outside and ran past the stampeding pokemon.
"Let's go, Skarmory!" Zack yelled, throwing his Poke Ball while still running. Skarmory popped out and Zack jumped on. Skarmory then took off, soaring above all the other pokemon.
"Hey, what's your name?" Zack called down to the girl.

A

Anonymous

Katrina sent out Wolfram out of his pokeball, and started riding on the giant Steelix, they plowed through the crowds of rampaging pokemon, and she looked up to answer Zack's question, "My name's Katrina, Frank told me about you, you're Zack and the guy who lent me this steelix is Kari, right?"

Zack nodded, "Yep, you're right." The two continued into the forest.

Meanwhile, Frank, who was oblivious to the huge risk his girlfriend and Zack were taking to find him, was still following that Gengar. The Gengar took him to the center of the forest, there was a well there. The vibes Frank had been sensing up to now, became intense, and it grew stronger as he got closer to the well.

"Whats going on down there?" Frank asked himself.

"Gengar! Geeeeennnngggaaaaa!" Gengar cried, pointing towards the bottom of the well.

"Okay, okay, calm down." Frank and Gengar climbed down the well.

When they reached the well floor, Frank realised it was a complex Cavern, lit up by lanturns.

"Wow," Frank said, "Would you look at that? Jeez, thats 'stranded' waiting to happen."

Frank and Gengar went in the left Cavern, Frank following Gengar. Surely Gengar knew where it was headed, and its been proven that Ghost pokemon almost never get lost in dark mazes, almost, but this Gengar had a prescence about it, something Frank found familiar, but he couldn't point out what it was, but it compelled Frank to befriend this Gengar, to trust it. Hopefully, whatever's going on down here has something to do with those derranged pokes up there, Frank thought to himself. Confidently he and Gengar trecked further on into the dark.

(OOC: Zoroark, is this better?)

Last edited by a moderator:
He laughed. It had been a long time since he had laughed, but then it was never really him that was laughing. Still, Mephisto noticed the change. Kari was not yet fully mended, his wounds being fresh but well treated. Their flight was an energetic luxury. He leant against the dragon’s neck, watching the panicked city pass beneath them and tried not to think about himself. There would be time, much of it, for that later. But not now.

He could just catch the words of the other trainers on the wind. The girl’s name was Katrina; by the tone of her voice, there seemed the hint of worry. The obvious thing for any man, chivalrous or not, to do was to abate this worry – or be rid of it completely. Today chivalry was a part of him; it would be just of him to act by it. Mephisto threw the air away as they sailed further from the city, a forest rising in to view. A shiver ran down his spine and for a second – for the tiniest moment – he had a sense of terrible homecoming.

It was never this beautiful, never this kind. They’re all probably dead now anyway.

Kari quickly passed the two trainers, soaring above their heads. Mephisto angled down, his dive deep this time. Kari felt a rush of vertigo and nausea but for appearance’s sake (and a growing sense of personal dignity) he fought it down. They landed in a small clearing just a little ways into the forest. The scrub was thinned in places, but there seemed to be no debris left from pruning.

There was another odd thing that Kari noticed. No bird song.

A

Anonymous

Katrina and Zack where making their way through the forest, when they made it to a clear, that seemed, particularly groomed, yet, there was no debris from pruning or lawncare. Katrina looked to her right and saw Kari.

"No Birdsong," Kari mumbled to himself.

Katrina walked up to Kari, "Hi Kari, whats up? I didn't expect you to leave the city just yet."

At that moment Katrina started hearing malevolent voices in her head.
You will Die!, one voice said.
'Tis the wish of the master! Another one said.

Katrina screamed in pain and fear, she fell to the floor, she was unconsious... Zack had been quiet up to then, and still was, but he ran to Katrina's side to see what happened. Kari seemed in dismay, he went to her side as well.

Meanwhile, Frank and Gengar had made it to the end of their long walk in the well. Gengar had took Frank to an injured pokemon, a Duskinoir that seemed to be severely paralyzed, but only in movement, it could feel every bit of pain.

"Is this you're friend, Gengar?" Frank asked.

"Gengar," Gengar said as it nodded.

"Well it seems, he's been attacked by those Luxray, doesn't it? But those Luxray only attack people..."

Gengar turned Frank to another direction, there he was, Gengar and Duskinoir's trainer, dead, he bled out from a bite given to him by a Luxray.

"A second dead victim," he turned to Gengar and Duskinoir, "I'm so sorry..."

Frank gave the Duskinoir some paralysis heal and then Gengar and Duskinoir began to cry deeply over their trainer. Frank walked up to the trainer, and took the only two pokeballs on the dead person.

"Don't worry, I'll find you both good homes," He said, returning them to their pokeballs, Duskinoir in a GreatBall and Gengar in an UltraBall.

Frank looked around, he spotted a latter that leaded up a trapdoor.

"There's my way out," Frank said to himself, climbing out of the exit.

When he got to the top, he was just outside the same clearing where Kari, Zack, and Katrina were. There he saw Katrina on the ground, Zack and Kari kneeling at her side, trying to wake her up.

"Oh my god," Frank said to himself in dismay, "KATRINA! NOOOOOO!" He exclaimed, running to her side and kneeling like the other two.

At that moment, they heard electric buzzing...

"LUXRAY!" A gang of Luxray simultaneously cried, walking into the clearing.

"Those Luxray, from the news, the ones that killed that trainer, and that other one in the well..." Frank said, "Well, you two, it's looking like we're gunna have to work together!" Frank reached for Flame's pokeball.

(OOC: I sense an epic battle upon us, but only the next poster will tell.)

The teenage girl threw the Poke Ball Kari gave her and out came a gigantic Steelix. She started riding it.
"My name's Katrina," the girl- no, Katrina said, "Frank told me about you, you're Zack and the guy who lent me this steelix is Kari, right?" Zack nodded.
"Yep, you're right."

After several minutes, Katrina and Zack found themselves in a forest. Zack looked at his map for a second. They apparently were in Argyle Forest, which some called, "Disorient Forest" because you could find many Ghost-Type Pokemon. They found a clearing that seemed more like it was part of a backyard than a forest floor.
"No birdsong," A voice mumbled. Zack looked around. To his left, nothing. But to his right, he saw Kari. Apparently Kari had said that. Katrina walked over to Kari.
"Hi Kari, whats up?" Katrina said cheerfully, "I didn't expect you to leave the city just yet."
Then Zack watched Katrina suddenly close her eyes, grab her head, then stumble around. Then, Katrina let out a horrifying, deafening scream and fell to the ground, not moving. Zack rushed over to her, and so did Kari. Zack put his ear to Katrina's chest. He heard small thumps, then looked up at Kari.
"She's breathing," Zack said, "so she's just unconscious. Do you have any clue as to what the hell just happened? 'Cause I certainly don't."

Empress appeared in a flash of golden light. With a single leap she planted herself firmly between Kari and the Luxray. The fur along her spine rose and a low growl escaped her throat.

At the idea of working with the other trainers, Kari felt a sensation close to repugnance. He nodded, however, and smiled at Frank. Still, the clawing continued, screaming in the back of his mind.

You can’t do this.

“No, Frank, keep your eye on her, that’s more important now,” You can’t do this. “We’ll have to take care of this.”

You can’t do this.

Cautiously, Empress padded forward. Black shadows solidified around her paws, a strange mix of the intangible and the real. The largest of the Luxray responded in kind, sparks of electricity playing along its fangs. The lead charged. Empress shifted her weight, looking as if she were to take the hit. At the last second she sprang to the side, trailing shadows across the Luxray’s hide. Kari had to throw himself to the ground to avoid the Luxray crashing into him. The beast got to its feet and rounded on him, murder in its eyes.

A bundle of cream slammed into the Luxray, knocking it again to the ground. This time Empress firmly clamped her jaws around the near-lion’s neck and kept her weight on its back. Away from the most dangerous parts of her opponent, Empress could easily withstand the slight discharges of electricity. Her claws raked through the blue fur, putting great gouges into the flesh beneath.

You’ll never change. You can’t change.

Another Luxray, lighter in fur and half the size of the last, rushed in. It lunged at Empress. His body moved on its own and Kari found himself between the two creatures. His hands wrapped around the Luxray’s throat, pulling it from its jump. The pair landed in a heap, jaws perilously close to his face. His leg came up, kneeing the beast in the stomach. The creature whimpered but continued its assault. Claws dug into his right shoulder and he could feel blood start to trickle down.

What if I want to?

You’ve been so many ‘someone else’s that you don’t even know who
you are. Is there even a ‘you’? You can’t change.

A wave of heat washed over him. It took Kari a moment to realise that his opponent was now on fire. A gave the Luxray another kick to the stomach, this time pushing it from him. Another burst of flame spread into the clearing, lighting the grass between the pack and the trainers. Empress left her prey to the Charizard, who happily tossed the fresh corpse into the pyre.

A

Anonymous

Empress appeared in a flash of golden light. With a single leap she planted herself firmly between Kari and the Luxray. The fur along her spine rose and a low growl escaped her throat.

Kari nodded, and smiled at Frank.

“No, Frank, keep your eye on her, that’s more important now! We’ll have to take care of this.”

"Okay, good luck, let me know if you change your mind!" Frank searched the unconcious Katrina, and then out of her hand, rolled a pokeball.

Frank checked the pokeball, it wasn't any of Katrina's pokemon but Kari's Steelix.

He must've lent this Steelix to her to help her find me, and to think I was being such a jerk to him, acting completely unlike myself because he just wasn't in a talking mood, is there a way I could've been more arraggent and stupid?

Frank thought to himself, These two pokemon, the Duskinoir and Gengar, they need homes, and there are two trainers with half-empty teams saving my ass right now!

Frank ran up to Kari and Zack, he gave Zack Gengar and returned Steelix to Kari and gave him Duskinoir.

"Thank you guys for the help, you're both true friends."

When Frank turned around, there was a Luxray over Katrina, who was starting to come-to.

"NO!" Frank exclaimed pulling Flame's Pokeball out of his pocket, "FLAME ROAST THAT LUXRAY AND GET HIM AWAY FROM KATRINA!"

Flame popped out of his pokeball, "Flareon, Flareon Flare!"

Flame began charging the Luxray with Giga Impact, and followed up with overheat on the rest, he took out a few of them, but more just kept coming and coming!

Katrina awoke, she looked around and saw Frank and the other two trainers combatting the Luxray. Still she heard those voices, but she ignored them. She grabbed Flare's Pokeball.

"Flare give everyone a hand!" she exclaimed, tossing out her Ninetales.

If that is your wish, Katrina, a voice replied, Katrina knew it, Flare was speaking to her telepathically, which means those voices were the Luxray that are attacking.

"I'm a pokemon telepath? Well then, what 'master' are these Luxray talking about?!" she whispered to herself.

"Flare use heatwave!" Katrina commanded.

Flare did as she was told and let out bursts of heat that bothered the Luxray very much, leaving them open for attack.

(OOC: This story is getting very interesting... Indeed...)

Zack was still next to Katrina when all of a sudden, a bunch of Luxray came out of the trees.
"Oh crap..." Zack said under his breath. Then a golden light appeared. Zack turned. A Persian came out of one of Kari's Pokeballs. It's fur rose and the Persian began to growl. Kari nodded, then smiled at Frank, who Zack had not noticed.
“No, Frank," Kari said, "keep your eye on her, that’s more important now! We’ll have to take care of this.”
"Okay," Frank replied, "good luck, let me know if you change your mind!" Zack backed off as Frank searched Katrina. After several seconds, Frank ran up to Zack and shoved an Ultra Ball into his hands. He threw it, and a Gengar popped out. It appeared to like Zack, smiling at him in a slightly sinister way.
"Thanks, you guys," Frank said to Zack and Kari, "for the help, you're both true friends."
Zack quickly got out his Pokedex and scanned the Shadow Pokemon to check its moves. After thinking of a strategy, he sent out his other Pokemon.
"Go, Totodile!" Zack yelled, "Go, Skarmory!" Zack decided that Rhyperior might accidentally destroy the forest, so he didn't send it out. Zack then realized there was a Luxray standing right over Katrina's body."NO!!!" Frank yelled, pulling a Pokeball out of his pocket, "FLAME ROAST THAT LUXRAY AND GET IT AWAY FROM KATRINA!"
A Flareon popped out of Frank's Pokeball. As the fight unfolded between the Flareon and the Luxray, Zack began yelling out orders.
"Gengar, charge up a big Shadow Ball! Totodile, use Water Gun on the Shadow Ball! Skarmory, do the same with your Air Slash! Gengar, when Skarmory and Totodile have done that, fire!" Zack's pokemon did as told. When Gengar let loose the Shadow Ball, it took out loads of Luxray with the three-type attack. Zack turned his head, checking on how the others were doing. Katrina was conscious and battling, Kari was kicking a Luxray in the torso, and Frank was having his Flareon attack. He turned his head back and-
"HOLY CRAP!!!" Zack yelled.

Right in front of him was a massive cluster of Banette, Shuppet, Mismagius, and 5 Rotom.

Kari’s opponent was gone now. The Luxray had been engulfed in flame, but not before following its larger companion into the grass fire. The two were now mere charred lumps. A confused yell drew his attention away from the pack. Behind them, ghosts lined the scrub. He could not help but smile. Empress met his eye, easily understanding the mirth in the situation.

The Persian launched herself forward, a darkness forming around her paws once again. She struck the closest of the ghosts first, cutting through it with ease. Following through, she bit into the next, shaking the ragdoll apart. On the tail of destruction Kari captured one of the downed creatures.

“I am not going to risk that now,” He fastened the ball to his belt, crouching on the ground to avoid another stream of fire. “Mephisto, the Luxray are dealt with, go after that lot.”

The Charizard dutifully obliged. Flame after fire assaulted the attacking creatures, all but reducing the bushes to ash.

“Tough bastards... aren’t they?” Kari gulped for air. His head was swimming and he struggled to stand again. A roaring pain engulfed his shoulder, taking over his mind and controlling his thoughts. “S-shit.” He stumbled and fell. Faintly he felt the prickle of grass against his skin and the vague, far-off heat of Mephisto’s fires.

A shadow, tiny and weak, detached itself from the fire. It reached out hesitantly, stretching itself thin across the clearing. The cold of it brushed against Kari’s finger tips. He could not move, no sound came from his throat. The shadow resolved itself and smiled. It held his hand and numbness filled him. The grin grew wider, showing fangs and nothingness. Gently it caressed and cooed, freezing even the pain in his shoulder.

The hand became claws, and the caresses became scratches. And still he could not move and he could not scream.

OOC: That took longer than anticipated because of, well, a lack of malice on my part. A good cup of Earl Grey brings the hate right back. I would awfully appreciate it if someone could help Kari before he dies, he is, after, a favourite character of mine and I have plans for him which do not involve become the evening meal of a Banette. I would do it myself, but where's the fun in that?

A

Anonymous

Frank turned to Kari, who was about to be killed by a Banette.

"KARI!" Frank exclaimed, "The pokemon I gave you! Use it!"

In the meantime while Kari was able to reach for the pokeball that Frank had given him earlier because of paralysis, Katrina cut in.

"Flare, use HeatWave!" Katrina commanded.

The ninetales sent out the heat, disturbing the pokemon, greatly, so much so that the Banette let go of Kari, who then hit the floor.

Meanwhile, the thoughts were going through Franks head, Damn it! Still no leads to whats happening, it affects ghost pokemon too... Shit! Its never a break for me..., with those thoughts in his head, he managed to keep battling and not distract himself from the matter at hand.

At that moment the Duskinoir Frank had given Kari, came out of its pokeball on its own, and started protecting it's new trainer, blasting the other ghost pokemon with multiple Shadowballs.

"Kari... Oh no..." Frank said.
(OOC: There you go, Tatile, Duskinoir saves your ass XD XD XD.)

(OOC: I've decided not to state everything that happened in the other post now. This'll go much faster that way.)

As Kari's new pokemon, apparently a Dusknoir, started Shadow Ball-ing the other pokemon, Zack noticed something odd about the scene; the grass in a certain are looked more like sod than actual grass. The fake-looking grass was in a circle, which was even more suspicious. Out of curiosity, Zack kneeled down and grabbed a handful of the fake-looking grass and pulled up. Underneath, there appeared to be something that looked like a slide of some sort, with an opening about a foot wide, completely made out of metal. Zack looked up and looked around. Everyone else appeared to be ok, and the pokemon weren't interested in him. Feeling safe, Zack grabbed an Oran Berry from a nearby bush and dropped it down the hole. It went shooting down really, really fast. Zack considered what might be down there. It could be an incinerator, or a trash compactor.
Or, it could be the answer to this mess.
Zack would just have to take a chance. He called to the others.
"Guys! I'll go down here, and if it's safe, I'll call back up! Bring my pokemon if it's safe!"
Zack set down the pokeballs he had on his belt next to the hole, crossed his fingers, said a little prayer, and leaped down. Now, as he went down, only one noise could be heard.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" Zack screamed. He'd never gone this fast in his life! It was so fun! Zack shot down the tube, zooming past numerous lights of different colors, then started to burst into laughter. It was dark, so all he could see were the passing lights. They were several different colors; red, white, orange, and green. Then, he saw a light, like the opening of a cave. Apparently, the slide was coming to an end. Zack shot out of the tube, flew freely for a few feet, then landed on something soft. He got up, and looked at his surroundings. He was in a room with white panels on the walls and black panels on the floor. He had landed on what appeared to be a mattress that spanned the whole floor of the room. On one end was a door. On the other, the slide. He walked over to the slide, then began to shout.
"GUYS! IT'S SAFE! COME ON DOWN!"

A

Anonymous

Frank heard Zack in the tube, "GUYS! IT'S SAFE!" He heard.

Frank grabbed his pokeball and summoned his pokemon back, as did Katrina. Frank grabbed Zack's pokeballs and returned all his pokemon to them and then stuffed them in his pocket. Kari was still paralyzed, so Frank took Kari's Pokeballs, and summoned back the three pokemon he had out, and then he clipped the pokeballs to Kari's belt.

"Kari, can you move?" Frank asked him.

Kari could not respond.

"I'll take that as a no," Frank said, lifting Kari up with Katrina's help.

The wild ghost pokemon had all fled at this point, which was great, but they kept haste in the case of more wild pokemon showing up. Katrina and Frank slid Kari down the shoot first, then Katrina jumped down, and then Frank slid down head-first. So many flashing lights in different colors went by as the slid down at high-speed. Kari faceplanted when he fell out of the tube, because he was unable to move and secure his landing, the lightshow almost made Katrina a bit sick, but when she landed, it went away, then Frank landed on his feet and handed Zack his pokeballs, then with Katrina's help, hoisted up Kari so he could come with them.

(OOC: Not much diologue, but I suppose it fits with the story.)

Zack watched as they slid down one by one. First was Kari, who faceplanted. Zack smirked when he saw then, but then put on a straight face. Katrina came next and landed on her feet, then giggled. Lastly was Frank, who came out like a torpedo, head first. He landed on his feet also, then handed Zack his pokeballs and ran over to the unmoving Kari, and with Katrina's help, lifted him up. Zack was a bit confused.
"Guys," Zack asked, "what's up with Kari? Is he.... y'know..." Zack gulped. "Dead?"

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
With a small crack, Database stepped into the battlefield, Instantly, time froze around him - all the action stopped, as if someone had pressed a pause button. He looked around, surveying the scene, his clothes flapping in the freeze that still blew, but only affected him.

"Hmmm. Sorry to interrupt your fun, but we've got a little problem here."

Database looked directly at the fourth wall.

"You. iFlare. In your last post - as with many before it - you have controlled another member's character. That's called autoing, and it severely frowned upon here. So, as an emergency correction, I think I'm going to reset this little scene to... ooh, I think about three posts ago should do it."

There was a loud snap as Database waved an arm, and all the characters and Pokémon moved into the positions they were in a short while ago. Kari was paralyzed, lying on the floor. The Banette was nearby. The others were still fighting the other Pokémon, unaware that their reality had just been changed around them. Back to normal.

"Oh, and..." Database picked a small green card out of his back pocket, scribbled on it, and inserted it into a device on his wrist. It whirred and beeped for a few seconds. "This here is your warning, iFlare. No autoing people, please, or there'll be... further consequences." A small smile flickered across his face. "Oh, and that applies to everyone else too. I have my eyes on you."

He turned. "Anyway. As you were."

There was another loud crack, and Database disappeared without a trace.

OOC: Starting from the Incinerator post, as Data is suggesting.

BIC:

The pain was unbearable. He had been frozen once, and then forcibly thawed in moments. However the changes had been useful for one thing at least: he could now move. Kari forced himself to his knees. Hovering above him was a creature of bone and mist, its arms outstretched, shielding them both. Grass burns were pressed into his skin and - through the haze of pain - there was the most annoying itch on his cheek.

The attacking pokemon now seemed thoroughly routed. Mephisto was trying his best to beat away the flames, with at least partial success.

Tentatively Kari touched his newly-injured shoulder. The claws had not gone in too deep, but coupled with earlier events he was starting to get light-headed. However, as foresight and luck would have it, he had acquired some extra bandages from the centre. Applying them would be a different matter. He looked up at the Dusknoir again, wondering to whom it belonged.

Ah, yes, that great ball. That explains it. Does this guy... girl... have a name though?

“H-hey... can I get some help, p-please? I...” Kari took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure. A harsh thumping in his chest told him he was on the verge of a panic attack; not a good thing at the best of times. The Dusknoir seemed quite astute, but not totally conscientious. Taking the bandages from him, she reduced his t-shirt to shreds. Kari winced as the air hit his shoulder. The sensation soon passed as the Dusknoir patched him up.

She’s good. What happened to her other trainer though? Oh wait, yes of course.

Carefully Kari re-checked the rest of his bandages. Given current circumstances they had held together well, which certainly was a blessing. Empress settled down next to him, occasionally shooting glances away.

“...what.” Kari buried his head in his hands. The day was simply getting more and more surreal. If he did not know any better, he could have sworn it was all just some sick, twisted game. Not unlike the rest of my life, then.

Sitting just away from where they had been battling, looking for all the world like belonged, was a perfect hole. The echoes of Zack’s screams could just be heard coming from the ground, but it was hard to tell if he were hurt or just being excitable again.

Mephisto and Empress happily returned to their pokeballs, not questioning the sudden appearance of a large ghost by their master’s side. The Dusknoir remained, Kari using her to stable himself, his own legs feeling overly weak. Stumbling over to the hole, he pulled out a fifth ball.

“Let’s hope this works,” A jet of purple smoke rocketed into the tunnel, disappearing into the gloom. It appeared moments later, shooting a jet of colour toward Kari. “Oh, that was... fast,” He blinked to remove the starts from his eyes. Psychic powers could be used in a variety of ways, and this new pokemon of his seemed to have caught onto the idea quite quickly. Kari closed his eyes, trying to organise the memories he had just been given. “Well it seems safe enough... that slide’s going to be a pain though.”

Just as was working out a manner in which he could get down, without ripping the skin from his back, the Dusknoir next to him collapsed. A puddle of shadow formed around his feet, dripping into the tunnel. In moments he was at the bottom, safe, and with his skin intact. Habitually dusting off his shorts, Kari chuckled.

“I do really like ghosts now.”

Kari appeared in front of Zack suddenly. He formed from what looked like pure shadow. Zack yelled in fright, and fell over.

"Oh, wait. It's just you, Kari. Jeez, you scared the living hell out of me. What do you suppose this place is?"

It reminded him of Sliph Co., or at least the small parts of it he had seen. What Kari had expected to be a cave was in fact some form of basement; a very strange basement, even for one in the middle of a forest.

What possessed me to even come down here? Obviously nothing good is going to happen.

The Dusknoir resolved next to him, and again he used her for support. The pair slowly made their way to the edge of the room, the effort compounded by the mattress covering the floor. Once there Kari leant against the wall, sliding to the floor.

“Pythia... that’s your name, that’s good; a good name,” Kari put the ball back on his belt. He took a deep breath, looking over at Zack. Pythia remained, should he need her again. “Looks like a basement,” He tried to keep a derisory tone from his voice, and was pleased to find himself successful. “In the middle of a forest... which makes as about as much sense as ice-cream on a frittata.” He cringed at the memory.

What the hell is a frittata? Zack thought to himself. He just shrugged it off, and gave his opinion.

"I have the strangest feeling here... I'm getting thoughts that everybody else on the planet has to be destroyed. Odd."

Something clicked in Zack's head. He explained it to Kari.

"Hold on... that's it! This place must have something to do with the pokemon all getting super-ticked off! C'mon, Kari! Let's go!"

Zack ran to the door of the room, and looked cautiously through the glass. Nobody was outside, so Zack opened the door, and crept into a hall. As he tip-toed by, he noticed a picture on the wall. He examined it further. It showed a man with pitch-black hair in a bowl cut and said underneath;

KEITH RAYAN
TEAM NITRO EXECUTIVE

Team Nitro, Zack thought to himself. He had heard of Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, and Plasma, but never Nitro.

Wait, Zack thought, they must be the ones behind this!

Zack was glad he had thought all that instead of said, because he heard someone coming his way.

Kari stared at the boy as he walked out of the room.

What the hell? Is he on drugs or what? And where the hell is that other kid?

He gasped and the room lurched. The most terrible sensation of rage gripped him. Next to him Pythia was trembling; her single eye had glazed over and she seemed to be staring at nothing. A shimmer of blue surrounded them and the rage subsided.

“You are good. Thank you, Pythia.” Kari grasped the Dusknoir’s arm, using it to steady himself as he rose. His right shoulder was starting to numb itself from the pain, his arm hanging limp against Pythia. The pair cautiously moved toward the door.

OOC: Frittata's an omelette.

"Oh shit" was the first thing to come to Zack's mind. He looked around, desperately trying to find a place to hide. He saw a trash can, a chute, and a door. Zack thought quickly. There's probably someone in the door, the trash can would make to much noise when I got in, so there's only one option...
Zack opened the chute.
And got in.
He got in cleverly, with the tips of hid fingers over the edge of the chute, pinched quite a bit. Zack bit his lip as hard as he could, trying not to scream. Eventually, the footsteps were replaced with the sound of a door opening, and that was replaced with silence. Zack slowly got out of the chute, using all his might to lift himself up. When he got out, he sighed a sigh of relief, both from pain and pressure. He turned to the hall, then back at the door he had come out of. Zack decided he would go see what was taking Kari so long. He walked towards the door.

Kari cursed. He certainly had not prepared for sneaking about a no-doubt secret facility. Such as it was, however, he still possessed a few tricks. The sound of footsteps had first caught his ear, though they became muffled by Zack’s mutterings.

He stayed flat against the wall, door in sight, but he himself not obvious to the casual observer. Kari could only pray that their disturbances to the landing-mat would not be noticeable. After a moment a door outside closed and he could just catch a sigh.

“Zack! We need to get out of here, this is stupid,” His voice hissed out in a whisper – part frustration, part fear at being caught. Kari saw the other boy approaching, just the other side of the opening. “Dammit...”

Status
Not open for further replies.