• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dotted Hole Ruins

OOC: Yes, an RP from me.

Anywho, this is by invite only. Anyone else who tries will have their post deleted and will be given a warning. Anyone who is invited is entitled to post and RP.

And for those that don't know, the Dotted Hole Ruins are on Six Island in the Sevii Islands from FR/LG.

BIC:

A 17-year old teen was boarding a ship towards Six Island. His blue eye and green eye contrasted with each other, and stood out amongst his somewhat spiky light brown hair. He was carrying a small fanny pack with him, along with his Poketch, Pokenav, and his own personal creation, called the Reflector. His jacket was green and his clothes made him stand out quite easily. But his Pokeballs were what caught people's attention. Anyone who knew him well enough, knew why those Pokeballs looked weird.

As he walked along the ship's railing to get away from the stale air in the cabins, he heard the distinct sound of running against the deck. He glanced behind him to find a kid following him, panting as each moment passed. The kid looked at him with a stare on his face.

"You looking for me twerp?" was his icy response.

"Yes!" the kid responded eagerly. "I want to battle you right now, before we get off at Six Island."

He gave him a cold look, but after a moment, he sighed and realized there wasn't another way to do this. "So, you really want to battle me do you? Well, tell you what, once we get off, I'll battle you on the beach. There's more room there, and on top, it won't damage the ship."

The kid quickly accepted the offer and raced away. He dashed away so quickly, that he almost slipped on the deck and fell into the ocean.

He thought to himself, ‘Well, I better get my stuff ready. Looks like we're about to land on Six Island. That kid looks like he might prove a handful on the beach. Just like sand. Too much of it and it gets annoying really quickly.'

--------

Once the boat had reached port and docked for the time being, the little kid quickly found Jet and issued his challenge. The two headed for the nearby beach, with the kid leading. The sand was all grainy and storm clouds were overhead when the two began the battle.

"Two on two sound okay?" as he asked Jet.

"Fine by me," as he took out one of his custom made Pokeballs of his own design. The Pokeballs were built in the intention of kicking them like a soccer ball, instead of throwing them. They had a harder surface, due to the intense speed at which they were kicked at. He kicked out his first Pokeball, an orange-red one. Out popped the silhouette of a pony on fire, a Ponyta. The kid then threw out his Pokeball and released a Politoed.

"We ready over there yet? Or are you going to stand there and do nothing mister?" the kid remarked.

"With all good time. You make the first move and we'll see."

"Fine then. Poiltoed, start off with Water Sport, then use Rain Dance," replied the kid. Poiltoed dampened the field so Fire attacks did next to no damage with Water Sport and Rain Dance only hampered Ponyta further. On top, the rain boosted Water type attacks.

"Water attacks may work, but you'll have to keep up with us first. Pegasus, Agility! Follow up with Double Team." Jet thought to himself that the speed driven clones would slow Poilteod down enough that Ponyta could get the combo Ponyta and himself were training for in the upcoming tourney he was planning to attend.

"Politoed, use Surf to get rid of all the clones on the beach!" the boy replied with some anxiety. Politoed summoned a huge wave that came crashing down on the beach front.

"Try again twerp. You didn't even get close enough to touch Ponyta. Look up." Ponyta was high in the air.

"Bounce Pegasus, then follow with Iron Tail." Ponyta came crashing down on Poiltoed and its flaming tail glowed and hit Poiltoed square on the chest.

"That should do it for Politoed. Sorry about it getting hit in the chest, but that's how a battle goes right?"

Reluctantly, the boy recalled his Pokemon, and sent out his next Pokemon. "Gliscor, you're up!" and out came a Gliscor as it sailed into the air.

"Good job Pegasus, return," as the Ponyta returned to the Pokeball in a flash of light. Jet kicked out a river blue Pokeball and said, "Let's go Buizel." And in a flash of light, a Buizel came out and jumped high into the sky upon exiting the Pokeball.

"Ready over there, right?" asked Jet with some impatience in his voice now.

"You know I am. This time, I'm going to beat you!" was the lad's energetic response. "Gliscor, Swords Dance!" Gliscor then danced erratically and then glowed off an immense power.

"Buizel, counter with Bulk Up, and then use Dive!" Buziel sucked up air and then dived underwater to prepare its attack.

The boy then showed some logic for the first time since Jet had met him. "That Buizel of yours has to come up for air sometime. And Gliscor can wait all day in the air, above the water. Your Buizel will run out of air and have to finish the attack, then my Gliscor can strike!" as he was beginning to run short on breath after the lengthy explanation.

"So you know that Buizel can't stay underwater for ever. However, by using Bulk Up, Buizel has breathed in more oxygen and can stay under longer. On top, you do realize it is still raining right?" replied Jet as he hesitated to complete his thought.

"Buizel, finish your attack," ordered the trainer as the water weasel surfaced and began her attack. Buizel moved at an incredible speed, due to the rain from before. She was faster on her feet because of her natural nimbleness in rainy conditions.

"Gliscor, attack with Poison Jab while diving down on Buizel to gain a speed boost," ordered the young trainer.

"Buizel, counter with Aqua Jet and zoom right by Gliscor and hit Gliscor on its back with Ice Punch," relaying orders to his trusted Pokemon. Buizel zoomed right by Gliscor and hit it square on the back. However, Buizel did look like it got a scratch on her leg from the Gliscor's attack when they passed each other and it looked like that there was some poison in Buizel's system now.

"Gliscor, quickly use Roost, to stabilize your downward motion," ordered the trainer as he saw Gliscor spiraling downward. Gliscor managed to fly down and ground itself, recovering HP in the process.

"Buizel, quickly, use Aqua Jet while Gliscor is vulnerable on the ground," ordered Jet. Buizel dashed at Gliscor, but not at as a high speed as before. Jet realized that the poison was taking effect on Buizel and her speed.

Gliscor was hit, but didn't take much damage as anticipated, as Aqua Jet's damage was solely dependent on Buizel's speed. Jet thought to himself, ‘Well, that's not going to work. The poison is hampering her speed. Hmmm….wait, I got it!' As his thought finished, the flying Pokemon was about to get up.

As Gliscor got up, the trainer ordered, "Gliscor use Aerial Ace and finish this!"

To the young trainer's surprise, Jet had one last trick up his sleeve. "With less than Gliscor's health remaining, this should finish it," Jet announced. "Buizel, use Brine on Gliscor to finish this."

Buizel began charging liquid power, and released it on Gliscor when Gliscor appeared behind Buizel when it used Aerial Ace. The effect was deadly. Gliscor was knocked out, and Buizel was barely standing. Both trainers recalled their Pokemon. The boy looked distraught in his loss and was beginning to cry.

Jet walked up to the young trainer and decided to lift his spirits a little. "You've got some talent there kid. Some more work, and you'll be one great trainer. And I know the perfect place too. There's a miniature tournament going on down by the Dotted Hole Ruins. You should go. It would be a good thing for you. Free to register and you'll win a nifty prize for your Pokemon if you win or place high enough. It's being sponsored by Professor Oak and Professor Elm, so it's going to attract some tough trainers. It starts in a couple of days from now."

"Thanks, sir," as he lifted his head after the words he received from Jet. "I guess I'll head out and do my best then. And don't worry I'll get stronger just to beat you mister." After that, the brat took off and headed towards the town.

‘Guess I better take off too. Oak-sama and Elm-sama will want to talk to me before the tournament begins,' Jet thought to himself as he looked toward the town as it began to rain hard..

--------

Jet walked in the direction of the town ahead and decided to stay at the Pokemon Centre for the night. It was raining to hard to continue down to the Ruins, and the trails were dangerous enough before it was wet.

‘Well the Dotted Hole Ruins Tournament should be a good place to see some battles…and have some. I've got some time as well. I might just train Buizel to increase her speed even more.' He thought about what to do the next day before he retired for the night.

OOC: It might be choppy, but hey, cut me some slack. :p

Anywho, be creative in how you get invited to the tournament. From a flyer from some agent dude to hearing from beating someone or something to that jist. Just make sure you get to Six Island somehow. Having 4 Pokemon is a must, but 5 or more is better. They also don't have to be in the final stage. They could be still in their first stage (My Buizel and Ponyta for Example).

Let's go then...and into the Ruins on Six Island.

Last edited by a moderator:
A younger man, around the age of eleven, going by the name David had been visiting the Sevii Islands years ago to do some different training. After only a week, though, he lost his Rainbow Pass, and was unable to obtain a new one. He had been stuck on Five Island with only his Vibrava, Sealeo, and Eevee. The Eevee had been a gift that his cousin gave him, and the Vibrava was his starter as a Trapinch. Sealeo had joined him when he traded a Snorunt in Lavender Town with a person from a group of travelers.

After four years, with a lot of training, Vibrava and Eevee evolved into Flygon and Umbreon, along with him catching a Hoppip that quickly evolved into a Skiploom. David's reputation became known as the Daytime Umbreon, because of the fact that he trained all day and everyday, but still obtained an Umbreon, which some believe evolved during the day, defying the evolution system, but that was only a minor rumor following David, who started going by Daytime ever since the island children started calling him that.

Daytime heard about a tournament on Six Island, and figured since he had done a lot of training for so long, a tournament would be the prefect thing to show the results of his hard work. Since he still couldn't get a pass, and even lost his other major gear he had when he came to the island, Daytime flew to Six Island on his Flygon, using the primitive version of a PokeNav that we still in development and only worked as a map and a compass.

Daytime's appearance changed over his time on the island. By selling all his major equipment, he obtained much better clothes, which he eventually styled into resembling an Umbreon. The important part of it was Daytime's jacket, which had Umbreon ears added onto the hood and a tail attacked at the bottom to hand there. Daytime's pants and shoes were simply black, which went well enough with his black hair, with bright yellow at the end of his hair, which was dyed blond because he was trying to hide from the island children for a while, which failed. His eyes were normally a deep brown, but he obtained red contacts, to keep his appeal Umbreon-like.

After a couple of hours of flying, and switching to Sealeo to give Flygon some breaks, Daytime made it to Six Island, quickly going to the Pokemon Center to have his Flygon and Sealeo rest. Once he got there, he signed up for the tournament. Daytime spent that day relaxing then the next training, since he had gotten to the island a few days before the tournament. The day, he planned to get as much information out of other contestants as he could, but until then, he knew sleeping the night away was the best thing to so.

OOC:
Please don't scold me if I'm not all that great introducing Daytime into this. I felt giving him some past was needed to avoid him being a Flashback Character, because I personally don't like making flashbacks.

"That was impressive..." Cody mumbled. A large fireball had just been launched at Gelida. Cody allowed it to hit head on, after all, it was a copy. A last second double team had saved the Glaceon.

"Impossible!" The female trainer called. Surely, the blast from her Torkoal should have knocked the Glaceon down. "Charetta, use flamethrower again!" She schreeched, her ember hair flapping in the breeze.

"Gelida, barrier." Cody said calmly. His blue eyes scanned the park they were battling in. Silver, his partner of an Aipom, was in a nearby tree. No harm in that. The flamethrower came at an incredible speed, but was easily stopped by the barrier.

"Now, let's have some offense," Cody said, glancing at the sky. It had already looked grey, as if it might begin to pour, "Rain Dance!" Cody called. Gelida Looked to they sky, and blinking, rain began pouring down.

"You moron, Charetta, Sunny Da-crap!" Before she could finish her command, Gelida had launched a pulsating blob of water at the flaming turtle.

"Now then, finish this! Hail, the Blizzard!" By Gelida's will, the rain changed to hail stones. Before the poor Torkoal had even the chane to move, it was swarmed by snow and ice. Out of nowhere it appeared, and began punishing the turtle.

"OVERHEAT!!" The female trainer called as her last resort.

"Endure!" As the snow was blasted away by the intense flame, Gelida flew with it. As a quick act of self preservation, she endured the powerful blow. "Ice Beam!" The Glaceon gained solid footing, and launched a beam of water, which froze into ice as it moved. It hit the Torkoal center in the head, knocking it out.

"Return, Gelida." Cody said, grabbing the Glaceon's Pokeball from his backpack. In a red laser beam, it vanished, just as the Torkoal had.

"Guess that magazine article dinnit lie!" The girl said, walking towards Cody. She pulled out an issue of Johto! magazine, and opened it up. On the page she had opened, an article on the hundred top trainers in the world. In that particular magazine, Cody had been named #7.

"It was a good battle though," Cody said, "That last Overheat almost got us."

"Well," the girl said, "I've got to be leaving." And with that, she ran off. Leaving Cody, alone and confused. Seeing the battle was over, the Aipom Silver came running up to Cody. More specifically, he flew. Leaping from tree to tree, Silver appeared a purple blue, with a bit of a shine. Arond his neck was a polished everstone, carved into a necklace. This way, Silver would stay an Aipom.

Arriving at his Trainer's side, he leaped up, and took his rightful spot on the white T shirt he had on, the shoulder.
"Should we sit?" Cody asked Silver, though the monkey didn't care either way. Cody walked over to the bench, and sat down, his backpack beside him.
"Espy." Cody sighed, rolling a Timer ball next to him. In a flash of light, an Espeon appeared. Being the most laid back, she curled up in a nice spot of sunlight, and fell asleep, as any cat would do. Silver, stepping a bit out of character, stayed on the bench too, instead of running off.

~~~

"GO!" Cody yelled. Minutes after the battle in National Park, Cody got an email about a mini- tournament sponsered by Prof. Elm and Oak on Six island. Being a bit obssessed with battles, Cody ran to the bullet train in Goldenrod City. Now, he and Silver were waiting in line to get off the boat on 6 island. quite the fast travelers.

Arriving at said island, the two quickly turned towards the Pokemon Center. The island was beautiful, and green. It had recently rained, adding to the greenness-etude.

Arriving at the Pokemon Center, Cody quickly registered, filling in all sorts of irrelevent questions along the way.
"Silver, let's practice those three moves you learned from the tutor, and you're double hit as well." The two walked outside, and saw several others training as well.Without mentioning anything, Cody tossed a frisbee from in his backpack into the air. Silver lept up, hit it once, did a flip, and hit it again.
"Doin' great..." Cody mumbled. After several sessions of this, the two moved onto Silver's newest three moves. A few nearby trainers stopped for a second, to see an Aipom doing those moves. (Yes, that's all you're getting.)

Realizing that Silver could train like this for awhile on his own, he decided that Gelida and Espy could use some practice time. Tossing out a Pokeball and Timer Ball respectively, the two began a mock battle, Espy commanded by Cody, and Gelida deciding for herself.

Giselle Valentine could hear the rain pound on the roof of the Pokémon Center as she sat at a computer. She was dressed in a light purple t-shirt under a black, fitted jacket, dark wash jeans and black tennis shoes.  There were two e-mails waiting for Giselle, and she put her long white hair behind her ear as she checked the them. The first one was from Vivienne who was spending time with her family on Five Island and the second one was from Reina. At the latter, Giselle groaned. She didn’t even have to click on it to know what she was going to say. Giselle had been traveling through the Sevii Islands for a few months now and the last time Giselle communicated with Reina, she’d said she’d wanted Giselle to enter a tournament of some kind. It was another random idea of Reina’s, but Giselle was foolish enough not to take her seriously…

She clicked on the email with the subject of  “Check this out, Giselle!” and read it. Check this out, Giselle. It’s a tournament at a site called the Dotted Hole on Six Island of the Sevii Islands. Enter it! As Giselle had said she promised to enter any tournament Reina suggested to her, she was bound to her word. However, she had to marvel at Reina’s amazing ability to find tournaments even in the middle of no where in a region hundreds of miles from her present location of Hoenn.

Since she was already conveniently located on Six Island, entering the tournament wouldn’t be difficult. Giselle hadn’t been in any sort of tournament since the Sinnoh League so she was wondering if she was even up to the challenge. A fork of lightening flashed across the sky as Giselle’s Butterfree, Mariposa, flew in front of the window. Another trainer’s Butterfree was attempting to get her attention, but Mariposa merely showed indifference. A sight a short distance away, however, caught Giselle’s and Mariposa’s attention.

Giselle’s Dusclops was tormenting a Rattata by quite literally attempting to suck out the Pokémon’s life force. Duclops was glowing with a black energy with his hands out in front of him as the color seemed to drain from the Rattata who had terror in its eyes. She knew he wouldn't actually kill the Rattata, and was just enjoying the fear he was was causing, but it was still a very unpleasant experience for the Pokemon. Giselle jumped up immediately.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she said as she put her face in her hands. When Dusclops had evolved, he went from having a playfully dark sense of humor to a sadistically dark sense of humor. And Giselle disliked the fascination that Dusclops had toward the Reaper Cloth in her bag. She knew he wanted badly to evolve, but as that was hazardous to the well-being of others, that wasn’t going to happen. Giselle rolled her eyes and recalled Dusclops without even looking. She should’ve known it was a mistake to let it out. The Rattata promptly ran away, leaving Giselle to hope it hadn’t been scarred for life.

Mariposa floated in front of Giselle contentedly. Mariposa wasn’t sadistic like Dusclops was, but like her Roserade named Rosario, she was no Pokémon to mess with. Her favorite attack was Shadow Ball and she held no reservations about using it, or any other of her attacks on anyone that crossed her.

“So, what do you say, Mariposa,” said Giselle. “What do you think about a tournament?”

“Freeee,” she responded. The Butterfree wasn’t like others of her species who were generally peaceful. These days Mariposa was the most competitive of Giselle’s Pokémon, so she took the Butterfree's response as a yes.

“All right, then I’ll enter,” Giselle said confidently. “But why don’t we wait until the rain stops.” Afterward Jaylen, her Charizard, could fly her down to the Dotted Hole. She wondered what the Dotted Hole and in store for her. She knew it was an archeological site and was very interested in why a tournament would be held there of all places.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"Alright, Sableye, Power Gem." shouted the male trainer to his pokémon. Rain was falling softly from the sky, gently watering the Ruin Valley and filling the air with the pleasant smell of rain, which was one of the things the trainer loved. The light of the day was painted in a shade of light gray due to the weather.

The imp-like creature twitched and clicked his tiny jaws, the gems that covered his body began to glow with refracted light. His diamond-shaped eyes glowed more intensely and from them a beam was fired, a beam that looked as if it were a massive crystal of sorts.

The Rock-type attack hit the spearow on its side. The bird pokémon squawked and was blasted a small distance back, the multifaceted beam went off in all directions.

The spearow glared at the Sableye and the human, ruffling its feathers and opening its sharp beak. It rushed towards Sableye with a counter. It jumped into the air and extended its wings and continued on its way at an increasingly rapid rate.

The trainer knew that the attack it was about to use Aerial Ace, but had not the time to warn Sableye. The spearow was fast, and it was also the biggest spearow the trainer had ever seen, almost rivaling the size of a standard swellow or noctowl.

The spearow flew in and hit Sableye in the head with its beak. Sableye's head was thrown back caused him to hit the ground hard. Sableye jerked on the ground for a few seconds before rising, his body made all manner of pops and clicks as his joints moved and settled back into their previous positions, a spine-tingling grin on appeared on his face.

"Payback."

Sableye extended his right claw and held it behind him; his fingers cracked as he flexed them and a dark aura began to burn around his hand.

The spearow was currently turning around in order to get Sableye with another Aerial Ace. As the bird swooped in Sableye jumped back, feet sliding across the slick grass under him. As he dodged he thrust his right arm forward, claws catching the bird on its side as it passed by; the smile on the dark-type grew.

The bird cried out and was unable to stay air-borne. It crashed into the ground with a thump and rolled, coming to a stop in a small dip in the land.

The trainer let a small smirk form on his lips as he pulled out a plain pokéball from his black messenger bag and tossed out towards the bird. The ball hit the bird on its side and cracked open, converting the avian into a red energy before sucking it in. The ball jiggled a total of four time before it was still, the red light in the center of the ball ceased flashing and faded away.

"Good." Sem said as he began walking towards the ball. He was about 17, though he could pass for someone two or three years younger than he was, due to his youthful look and short stature; he was no taller than 5'3" and showed no signs of getting any bigger. He had an about average body, not skinny but also not overweight. His black, skater-style shoes made tiny splashes as he walked silently through the grass, droplets got onto the legs of his coal gray cargo pants.

A storm blue eye peered out under strands of wet dark hair, in contrast to his clouded gray eye, which was blind and of no use to him. The hood of his black coat kept the rain out of his face, which was smooth and slightly pale, as he'd not spent proper time in the sun for a while. The raindrop necklace around his neck flicked to and fro as he walked, causing the sapphire blue liquid within to swirl.

Sem squatted down and reached out for the ball with his right hand, which slowly emerged from the long sleeves of his jacket. He shook the rain drops from the spherical device and dried it with his left sleeve.

"Well, here's our sixth." he said as he placed the ball away in a pocket in his bag which was slung across his shoulders. Despite having trained for many years, Sem didn't gather pokémon that quickly, though he did have others stored away in either of his parents labs.

Sem rose and felt Sableye climb up his leg and back and settled onto his right shoulder, which was his blind side. "Good job, Sableye." he commented as he turned and continued on his way towards the town on Fortune Island, otherwise known as Six Island.

He was not far from the small town, only just outside of it actually. He was there exploring the islands for a bit in order to see what there was to see. He had originally gone to the Sevii Isles on behalf of his parents, who need him to investigate the Tanoby Ruins of Seven Island, even though they had been there countless times themselves. The venture, unsurprisingly, turned up no new information.

As he came to the crest of a hill a gust of wind blew by, knocking his hood back and making his jacket sway along with the current of air, cool drops of rain hit his face. Holding wisps of black hair back with his hand he looked out to his left towards the churning sea and noticed that there was a ship docked at the tiny port of the island, he saw the shapes of people walking off and into the town.

Sem blinked and looked over the sight, though his small mouth gave no indication of interest. He faced forward again and started down the hill, pulling his hood back over his head as he did so.

OOC: Also, credit to Power Gem description goes to Stel, because I sure as heck didn't know how to describe it. xP

"Return." Cody said holding out the Timer and Pokeballs. It had begun to rain again, and there was no point staying outside when it was obviously going to get worse. Espy and Gelida, Espeon and Glaceon, were quickly back into their capsule-homes.

"Silver!" Cody called. Quickly, the monkey returned from his practice, and ran to Cody's side. He didn't do his usual leap and jump and whatever, he just ran. Leaping onto his shoulder, Cody and Silver quickly went inside the Pokemon center. Realizing a place to stay the night would be nice, Cody walked up to the reception desk.

"Hello Sir," the overly cheery nurse began, "How may I help you this fine day?" On a day that is ANYTHING from fine, what with the rain and all.

"Yeah, can I get a room for the night? Just one bed." Cody replied, reaching into his pocket for his wallet.

"Sure thing, room 47A. That will be...." The next few moments were a blurr. Cody heard what he needed to pay, but didn't really register it. Quickly glancing back at the Nurse, he managed a "Thank-you" and grabbed the card key, and walked a few feet away from the counter.

Sitting at a table with a laptop, was a girl. Next to her, a Butterfree. It wasn't the girl herself that caught Cody's attention, rather, the Butterfree next to her. Something about it was different. The way it moved, seemed a bit unusual for a Butterfree, especially, a female as Cody noticed the markings on it's wings.

"Hello there!" Cody said briskly, as he walked up to the table the girl was sitting at. "My name's Cody, and that's quite the Butterfree you have there." He said, speaking a bit faster then normal. Silver noticed the nearby window, and proceeded to Leap across the table to look out of it, through the smears of water on the outside.

“Oh?” said Giselle looking up to the man who had just spoken. She could tell that he was much taller than she was even while she was sitting. He had sun bleached hair and was wearing gym shorts and a white t-shirt—something Giselle would never wear herself when it was raining outside. He also seemed a few years older than she was. “Thank you,” she responded. "My name is Giselle Valentine." Though she had been away from Sinnoh for months now, she still wasn’t used to people randomly walking up to her.

Hours had now passed and the rain still hadn’t really let up. It was just stopping and starting. Giselle resigned to stay at the Pokémon Center that night and leave for the Dotted Hole tomorrow. Mariposa hovered level to Giselle’s shoulder as she surveyed the man with her large fuchsia eyes. “Anyway, it’s very nice to meet you, Cody. This is my Butterfree, Mariposa.” The Pokémon bowed her head slightly at the mention of her name. Giselle looked over at Cody’s Aipom who had an Everstone necklace and was suddenly struck by the memory of the first trainer battle she’d won. Mariposa took one glance at the Aipom before turning to face his trainer once more.

“By the way, Cody, did you enter the tournament that’s being held near here?” Giselle decided to ask to bring herself back to the present. She also wanted to know how well known this tournament was.

Daytime finally woke up and looked out the window, seeing the weather was no better than the day before. Even though the weather was still pretty bad, Daytime had to find out more about the other trainers before the tournament. He got out of the room he was staying in, and walked outside. Because it was still raining, Daytime pulled out his old brown umbrella that had about six patches in it. Even though there was so much coming and going rain, there were still quite a few trainers out, which helped Daytime realize everyone was very serous about this tournament and being ready for it.

Daytime noticed a couple of people with their Pokemon, a woman with a Butterfree and a man with an Aipom, and he wanted to ask them some questions, but knew it'd be hard to get someone to talk to him if they were in a group, so he found a wall that wasn't wet from the rain and leaned against it, waiting for a trainer who wasn't busy to both for a minute of their time.

"Nice to meet you," Cody said, and seeing she looked offeneded, "And Mariposa too." He laughed.
"That's Silver, my hyperactive Aipom, and that necklace is so that he won't evolve."

Cody took a minute to grab his jacket out of his backpack. Even he wasn't crazy enough to be wearing just a T shirt in the ever changing rain.
It was blue, nearly the same color as his eyes. "Giselle..." He thought to himself, "Wonder if it means anything..."

Sliding the jacket on, he spoke "As for the tournament," Silver looked up at the word, he loved battling, "Yeah, I've signed up. You don't have to go to the ruins to sign up, you can at the desk right over there." He pointed to the overly happy Nurse, her pink hair bouncing as she moved. The Nurse noticed this small gesture, and began to frantically wave.

"I'm itching for some battles myself..." He mumbled. With "battle" added to "tournament" Silver could'y handle his excitement. He shot up from his seat, and ran up and leaped onto Cody's shoulder.

Cody noticed a younger child, probably no older then 15, leaning agaisnt the wall. Seeing he was waiting for some sort of excitement, he made a slight motion for him to come over.

"Hope you don't mind, Giselle." He said looking with a rather large smile.

After dosing off a couple times, Daytime got the man with the Aipom to signal for him to come over, which made him pretty excited, since he hadn't met anyone on Six Island at all. Daytime got closer to the man, noticing he wasn't properly dressed for the rain, but figured that not being prepared for the elements was a sign they were more focused on training and fighting than being ready for a sudden rain storm.

Since it was a quick stroll, Daytime easily got to the man and right away asked, "Can I ask you a couple questions? I'm willing to battle you for any information you have that I need."

Daytime was very good at getting people to tell him what he needed. Since most people would want a chore or a battle done in return for their information, it just gave Daytime another reason to train harder. The part he hated most was when people wouldn't work with him, but he knew from how tough the man's Aipom looked, a battle in return for answers was the perfect way to get information.

OOC: This is my first ever attempt at doing a RP through a forum. I am much more used to tabletop RPs where you get an instant response to your actions, so forgive me if I tend to ramble in here just to cover my awkward silences. :p Thanks much to you guys for having faith in my ability to write.

BIC:
As the sun was setting over a picturesque clearing in the forest amidst Kin Island's berry trees, a small green and white Pokèmon could be seen dancing between the trees. It bent down occasionally to pick up a fallen berry and then, using some innate power, float it over to a growing pile next to a human and his belongings. The man wasn't spectacular in anyway. Outfitted in a pair scuffed white tennis shoes, baggy carpenter jeans, and a black hoodie with a small white tribal motif on the chest and down the sleeves, he watched the small childlike Pokèmon dance happily around the glen. Glancing up at the sky he nudged his small frame glasses into place and ran a hand through his short light brown hair. Figuring they finally had enough berries to last at least a few days, Burlane called out to his small partner.

"Ali, I think we have enough now. I'm not even sure I am going to be able carry all of these!" Burlane sighed and then scrubbed his hands over his scruffy stubble whilst getting up.

The cheerful Kirlia danced and twirled her way back to her trainer, picking up yet another berry along the way and exuberantly took large bites out of the Bluk berry. Dark juice smeared all over her face and arms, Alysandra finished gorging on her treat just as she reached the veritable feast of sweet fruity flesh. Looking longingly at the pile and reaching for yet another plump piece of fruit, she implored her trainer for more before it was time to go.

"We don't have time for you to gorge yourself on any more on those berries. Come on, help me pack them up. We have a bit of travel we need to do before we are done for the day, and I would rather not have Argent taking us through the waterways at night if I can help it." Producing several plastic bags, both Burlane and his companion started putting away their treasure trove of fruit. After they had it all packed up, minus at least two more berries that Ali had managed to stuff down her throat, Burlane attached the bags to his large duffel bag and hoisted it onto his shoulder.

After a short trek to the edge of the forest, Burlane rummaged in the front pocket of his hoodie and pulled out a pokeball. Tossing it out in front of him, the pokeball burst open releasing a large blue, gray, and orange pokemon. The Swampert stretched a bit and shook his head, bringing into light a mottled blue and purple streak mirrored on his head fins.

"How you feeling buddy? Up for some ferrying? We need to make Fortune Island by nightfall. We should just be able to make it. Or at least close enough that Ali should be able to give us the light we need." Looking to the blue stained Kirlia standing next to him (who was somehow eating yet ANOTHER Bluk berry), Burlane realized what a mess his psychic helper was. Rubbing his chin he added, "Maybe we should give Ali a bath before we get going though."

At the bath comment, the Emotion Pokemon froze, half eaten berry half way to her mouth. Looking up at her trainer with puppy dog eyes and nearly at the point of tears she squeaked out, "Kirliaaaa?"

While Ali was distracted with trying to dissuade her trainer of the horrible idea of a bath, Argent snuck up behind her and proceeded to douse her with a subdued Waterfall attack. Just enough to thoroughly soak her and rinse some of the sticky blue juice from her.

A rather sullen and now completely soaked Kirlia turned to the laughing Swampert and proceeded to put on her fiercest pout. Argent, however, was not paying attention anymore as he laughed to himself and made his way towards the shore that was coming into view. Realizing that she wasn't going to get the reaction she wanted, she turned to Burlane to try and get some use out of her facial expression, only to realize that he too had started walking away. With a resigned sigh, she started to trudge after her travel companions while hoping that was going to be the extent of her 'bath'.

As Burlane neared the shore he noticed the heavy cloud cover to the southwest. "Great, not only does it look like we are going to be surfing through the waters at night, it looks like we get to head into a storm as well." Realizing he was going to get wet one way or another he decided to at least change into something more appropriate and less likely to be ruined after being soaked through. Down to a pair of swimtrunks and a tshirt, and making sure he wrapped his duffel in plastic so things wouldn't get too wet, he turned to Argent and Ali and said, "Alright, lets get this show on the road. We need to make good time and it looks like it is going to be rough going near the end there, so I want you both ready for whatever we run into. Now lets see what that rest did for you buddy."

Climbing atop the Swampert's back and settling himself down by his tail fin, Burlane picked up Ali and settled her on Argent's head where she could hold onto both of his head fins if necessary. "Let's go! Hit the waves buddy!"

With that the powerful mud fish pokemon leapt from the beach into the waves, instantly starting strong strokes and his innate abilities in the water to help propel them at an incredible rate through the water. The determined look of concentration belied how hard he was working to move them forward towards their destination.

As they traveled along, Burlane started thinking about his reasoning for wanting to visit the next island. He was usually drawn to the great stadiums and gyms of renown, the auras of past battles and epic contests of skill are what interested him. Seeing all the different League Stadiums was his eventual goal, but every once in a while a particular geographical point of interest would pull his attention. That and the fact he had read something about a mysterious tournament happening in the area and was wondering if there was an ancient hidden stadium that would be housing said tourny. After earning only a smattering of badges in his native Hoenn, he didn't know if he had it in him to participate in a large scale tournament. If he did well enough, he was considering going on to a new region and actually trying for real to enter the League championship. That meant he had to think about seriously training his pokemon a bit more, though his methods seemed to work well enough for their travels. He was also worried about only ever catching 4 more pokemon past his starter. The image of a trainer with a full team with plenty of second stringers waiting in the wings was always what he thought of when he watched the League tournaments each year.

His thoughts however were broken as they reached the storm brewed rough waters nearer to Fortune Island. It was also rapidly approaching a level of darkness that was making it extra hard to see. The rain was starting to come down heavily as well, impairing his sight even more. Shouting over the noise of the wind and waves, he called to Ali crouched a bit fearfully atop Argent's head where she clung tightly to his head fins. "Ali, can you shine a little light for us? Let's see a nice strong Flash!"

The small Kirlia braced herself a bit and gave a nod back to her trainer. Shaking her head she concentrated a bit and her red horns began to glow with bright white light, illuminating a good distance around them. With the extra light, they were able to make steady headway and soon reached the island. Tired, soaked through, and stiff through from holding onto Argent's back so tightly, Burlane recalled his two exhausted pokemon and started trudging up the beach towards the lights of the town he could barely make out through the rain. The only thing that kept him going was a possible shower and warm bed waiting for him at the Pokemon Center.

OOC: Hope this makes the grade, even though I'm not anywhere near everyone else atm.

As the rain kept poring down harder and harder, Jet pulled out his Reflector in its waterproof seal and turned on the wireless weather data bank.

The automated voice asked, "What do you want to search for sir?' in a robotic fashion.

"The weather forecast for tomorrow, please," replied Jet.

"Very good sir. Please wait one moment," responded the computerized voice.

Moments later, the voice returned. "The forecast tomorrow is to be sunny with clouds, and a 10% chance of precipitation with a high of 26 Degrees Celsius/78.8 Degrees Fahrenheit," answered the voice.

"Thank-you," replied Jet as he turned off the weather data bank and turned on the GPS system to make sure he wasn't getting lost. His walk continued through the pouring rain, getting his hair soaked clean through.

--------

The town's Pokemon Center came into view quickly, once his GPS told him that he was about to walk in the opposite direction and towards the Dotted Ruin. Jet cursed the GPS's bad satellite signal from where he was. Jet opened up the notepad and typed himself a reminder to improve the reception on the Reflector's GPS beacon.

Once Jet got inside the Pokemon Center, he went right to the desk and noticed that there was a crowd of people by the computer desk. He approached the desk and asked, "What is usually in that corner of the building?"

"Ummm....I believe computers. They have internet access. Their range is limited though," responded the nurse.

"Thank-you nurse. Actually, can you get me a room for the night and look after my Pokemon's injuries?" inquired Jet.

"Of course," replied the nurse with some glee in her voice. "I'll take the Pokeballs as well. The room number is 13E. It should be around the corner and down the hall a bit."

Jet handed over the Pokeballs and glanced in the direction of the corner filled with compters and people.

"Hmmmm...., excuse me, Sir. I've got a question for you. Why are your Pokeballs quite lighter than most?" asked the nurse inquisitively.

"Unlike most trainers, I kick out my Pokeballs. I had to custom make mine so they wouldn't break upon the amount of kicking the Pokeballs take," replied Jet.

The nurse looked surprised upon hearing that he custom made the Pokeballs and then recalled something from before. "Hmmm......I think I've heard of you before. You're Jayce Fachion, better known as Jet or Falco right?" asked the nurse with great interest.

"Yes, that would be me," replied Jet smoothly. "And please call me Jet, Falco is reserved for certain situations, only," with some emphasis on the only part.

"Sorry, Jet. But I have a message for you from Professor Ivy from Valencia Island. She asked me to up load it onto your Reflector thing, what ever this Reflector thing is," explained the nurse as she picked up the disc that contained the data to be uploaded.

"Thank-you then," Jet replied as he thought what Ivy-sama had sent her about the Ruins and those things that were suppose to be hidden there.

Jet strolled towards his room, but heard some faint words about a battle taking place, and wondered if they had heard about about the tournament. He put down some of his stuff and locked it away with the Reflector's sensory and barrier capabilities. However, Jet took out his spare Reflector and headed out towards the crowd of people and the noise about a battle going on.

Jet decided to release Fachion from it's orange and green Pokeball. It got onto Jet's shoulder as he started to enter the main room where all the people were gathering.

He decided to sit down by a computer. He was close enough to hear parts of the conversation, but not enough to be actually involved in the conversation. He pulled out the Reflector and turned on the tape recorder to record the conversation. He left the Reflector there and logged onto the computer. He took out a cord and hooked up the Reflector so he could access his computer database at home through the computer. He began to search through the Trainer data base that was on his computer, since all trainers had to get a Pokedex from one of the Professors, they record it all and upload the data to a high security database. Only people with high enough clearance were allowed to view this, and even then, it would be in cryptic coding, making it almost impossible to decipher. Jet wouldn't be able to read the cryptic code without the help of his Reflector.

Jet thought to himself, 'The fastest way to beating a person, is to know the person first, right?' He knew these trainers were talking about the tournament. He was searching through the trainer database and planned to look up some background information...but got side-tracked when the disk's information was suddenly popped up onto his computer screen.

He began reading about it and decided that after a good night of sleep so he could get to the Ruins early to do some fact finding there and talk to Oak and Elm -Sama about it.

Fachion constantly looked over Jet's shoulder and kept persuading him to get involved in the conversation, instead of being a computer geek that spends no time socializing with people. Reluctantly, Jet decided to log off the computer and disconnect everything and turn the recorder off.

He walked up to the group, and introduced himself, "Hi, my name is Jayce, and my partner on my shoulder is Fachion. I heard you guys talk about the tournament? Any of you planning on entering it?"

After walking for what seemed like hours and getting no closer to the lights of the city, Burlane started to wonder if he was just imagining the lights. He was rather tired after all, and he had lost track of time on the journey here, it very well could have been much later than he thought. Readjusting his hold of the duffel bag slung over his shoulder, he wearily plodded on with a bent head in hopes of the shelter he hoped to find.

Suddenly the lights of the buildings were around him, their warm glow a welcome relief from the darkness of the wet night. It was apparently much later than he had thought it was though, because the dreary light of dawn was brightening up the glistening, rain soaked landscape. Utterly exhausted he stumbled towards the brightly lit and cheerful looking Pokemon Center. Stumbling through the doors into the lobby, he peered through half closed eyes at the early risers of the day. Plodding slowly towards the front desk and leaving small puddles of water in his wake, he only thought of a nice warm shower and comfy bed to take him away to slumberland.

Upon arrival at the counter and shivering slightly in the cooled atmosphere of the Center, he mumbled out something that sounded like, "I woo ike a rum bed police."

The nurse manning the station gave an understanding look to the very tired looking trainer and began typing on her workstation to see if there were any rooms available. Gathering the information she needed, she looked up at the trainer to tell him his room information only to notice him slumped against the counter dozing on his feet. Gently prodding him awake, she relayed the information and took payment for a room. Turning to one of the ever present Chanseys bustling around behind her she asked, "Can you guide this man to his room please? He doesn't look like he will make it on his own," as she pressed a key card into its hand.

Burlane graciously accepted the help of the large pink nursemaid. They slowly made their way to his room where he immediately dropped his bag on the ground and slowly pulled out a set of dry clothes. Changing quickly he snuggled under the covers and proceeded to go to that oh so sweet land of dreams. As he was fading from conciousness he thought to himself, "I hope this trip is worth it because that was one hell of a night."

ooc: a good 6 hours later around noon

bic:
Waking blearily from his trip to dreamland, Burlane stretched out in bed. Not fully rested but feeling much better about himself he got up and threw on his jeans and hoodie, pulling out his sneakers and stomping his feet into them he headed out the door. Making his way to the cafeteria for a bit of sustenance he started looking out for the trainers milling around. As this was the closest official Pokemon Center to the ruins, Burlane assumed that it must be where most of the trainers were gathering before heading out and quite possibly the point at which to register for the tournament itself. Pondering what to do with the rest of his time he absentmindly pulled out Alysandra's ball and released her. Giving the anxious Kirlia his fruit cup, he settled back to people watch.

"Haha!" Cody said to the young man who had just walked up to him, wearing clothing that made him look almost like an Umbreon, "How about introductions first?" He extended his hand, "I'm Cody, and this Aipom is Silver." With that, Silver extended his tail, and prodded the strangely dressed man with it. Deciding he was a friend, Silver leaped onto the shoulder of Daytime.

Looking over a minute or so later, yet another trainer had appeared, with a Pokemon perched on his shoulder. (What is fachion?)

"Hi, my name is Jayce, and my partner on my shoulder is Fachion. I heard you guys talk about the tournament? Any of you planning on entering it?" He said, rather quickly.

Being a rather social trainer, Cody greeted him warmly, as he had the strange dressed Umbreon boy moments ago. Silver had since lept from his position on Daytime's shoulder, and had begun dancing. In the middle of the floor. Breakdancing. It had become quite the habbit of Silver's when meeting new friends.

Daytime was shocked anyone wanted to know about him, since all his years on Five Island, no one asked him questioned, just fought him and let it be. Daytime grabbed Cody's hand and shook it, saying, "Nice to meet you, Cody, and Silver, too." As the Aipom bounced from Cody's shoulder to his own, Daytime was slightly freaked out, never having any Pokemon on his shoulder since he was about nine.

When another trainer had walked up to Cody and Daytime, he turned to say hello, but then looked down to see Aipom dancing. Daytime was somewhat angry at himself, for if he hadn't sold his phone to get food back on Five Island, he'd be recording this amazing activity. He then returned focus on the new comer and said, "Hello Jayce, I'm Daytime. I've already signed up for the tournament, that's why I'm talking to Cody here to get some info out of him about the tournament. All I know is that its on this island. I just came to get some training done." Daytime had nothing to hide, since he wasn't there for personal matters, just to get down to the point.

Random people everywhere....thought Giselle. And eager ones at that. This tournament was turning out to be more well known than she thought. Giselle stood up and faced the trainer who appeared to be cosplaying an Umbreon, breaking his concentration on his conversation with Jacye.

"I know you see me standing here," said Giselle in mock indignation. "My name is Giselle Valentine and I'm planning on entering the tournament as well." Then, Giselle remembered that she actually had to both get a room in the Pokemon Center and register.

"I'll be right back," she said as she left Cody to talk to Jayce and his (whatever Fachion is) and Daytime to watch Silver.

Fortunately for Giselle and Mariposa, the line wasn't too bad. The nurse cheerfully allowed her to register and gave her a room (7A). It suddenly occurred to Giselle that Alano would really enjoy this atmosphere. She pulled a Pokeball from her waist and released the Pokemon within. In bright white light, the Sneasel seemed to leap out of his Pokeball. He landed gracefully on his feet with his brutal claws glinting in the light. Out of Giselle's Pokemon, Alano was the shrewd and clever one, despite the fact that he liked to show off.

"Well, Alano," said Giselle. "Are you up for a tournament?"

"Sneasel," he responded affirmatively, getting into an attacking stance.

"Not yet Alano," Giselle said amused. "You need to meet some of the competition."

She led both Alano and Mariposa back to the table with Cody, Daytime, and Jayce, who were talking amongst themselves once more.

((Haven't been one the comp. for two days. So, don't blame me if I'm late. I'm using a newish charrie btw, one that has a strange resemblence to me. ;) ))

"Hmmm. Such a lovely day for flying to Six Island. Don't you agree Vyala?" A girl asked.

"Vuullllpix," came the unenthusiastic reply.

The girl giggled in amusement. She was no older that thirteen, thirteen and a half to be more specific. She was a little short for her age, measuring just above 5 feet the last time she checked. Her skin was paler than most, as if she had been out in the sun before, but avoided it half the time; she had long red hair that went down to the middle of her back and, if caught just right in the light, lit up like a stream of flame. Her eyes were a jade green, with flecks of gold near the pupil and her cheeks had numerous freckles on it.

Her clothes were an unusual mix, having on a dark orange t-shirt with a leaf green (always unbuttoned) vest over it, a pair of denim shorts and some tennis shoes were the other things she had on, with many loose strings at the end of the shorts suggesting that they had originally been jeans, but were cut much shorter. One of the things that most thought was also unusual was that, that the girl did not have a belt to hold all of her pokeballs, although she didn't need one. Never really having great taste for belts, the vest she bought had six holes embedded in it, where six minimized balls were held in. Right next to her was a green backpack, and a dark red and brown fox-like pokemon with six curled tails. Both were sitting on a gray, rock-like mass, that was moving. It bucked and swayed constantly, keeping in rythm with the whumpf....whumph...of wingbeats.

"Okay then," Chibi said, scratching her fox companion's head, "what about it's a good day to go register for a tournament?" Lately, Chibi had been hearing some rumors about a tournament coming up on the sixth island in the Sevii Islands. Of course, hardly ever not attending a tournament once she heard of it, Chibi immediatly took off for Six Island. She never liked boats too much, they were too slow. Her Lapras had been in a battle just before they left shore, and ended up getting paralyzed, leaving only one more option for crossing sea. Her Aerodactyl, Skydive. Of course, Vyala didn't mind flying, although she didn't like the idea of falling off the back of an Aerodactyl hundreds of feet from the ground, or worse, landing into the unforgiving sea. And like all fire pokemon, Vulpix hate water.

On this second question however, she got a bark and an answering roar of agreement from both Vulpix and Aerodactyl. Both pokemon had been in enough fights and tournaments to love the joy of battle. Chibi chuckled again. "That's more like it." She said. "Now, where the heck are we anyways?" She reached into one of the many pockets of her backpack and pulled out a green Pokedex and immediatly went to the GPS system installed. "It says," she read after a few minutes, "that we are somewhere bewtween ten and twenty miles from Six Island so we should be heading northwest-"

"Vul!" Vyala suddenly cried, springing to her paws. Chibi looked up to see a grayish haze on the horizon that marked land.

"Or we could just go there." She said slowly, pointing to the island. Vyala make short, rasping barks is if laughing. Skydive, who had already sighted the island long before Vyala did, was already riding the thermals to the land mass. As they got closer, the seas got wilder and the wind became considerably more violent. "Sounds like rain." Chibi annouced in a matter-of-fact way. Vyala shot her a sarcastic glance. Sometimes pokemon that stayed with their trainer too long tended to develop their trainer's personality.

Skydive was now totally focused on staying upright in the air and getting his owner safely out of the windy storm. As they flew beneath the huge gray clouds, Chibi couldn't help but gasp as a sheet of rain soaked her clothes and chilled her to the bone. Vyala cried out and shivered, frantically shaking her fur out, although it didn't make much of a difference, since every time she stopped shaking, she was soaked again. "Find some place to land!" Chibi called out, as if their ride never thought of that before she mentioned it. His sharp eyes spotting nearby lights, Skydive lived up to his name, by folding his wings and dropping out of the sky like a stone. Chibi and Vyala both clung on for dear life in unison, and Chibi had to grab her backpack to stop it from tumbling into thin air.

Of course Skydive, being a master at, well, diving out of the sky, snapped his wings open twenty feet from the ground and swung his back legs forward, turning the near-vertical dive into a horizontal fall. Seconds later, he softly touched the ground; Chibi and Vyala were off his back before he could even sink his talons into the soft grass. "Thanks Skydive for the help but now you have to get back in!" Chibi shouted super fast, unclipping a black and yellow Ultra Ball from her vest, enlarging it, sucking Skydive back into the ball, minimizing it, and returning the ball to its place in her vest in a record time of six seconds. Chibi then looked around at her surroundings while Vyala whimpered and tugged at Chibi shoes to get her moving. Convieniently, they had landed not too far from a Pokemon Center and after identifying it, both trainer and pokemon were making a beeline for it. Of course, they were getting soaked all the while, and Chibi began wondering if they were going to be swimming to the front doors.

The front doors automatically slid open as they made it in front of them, so the duo did not need to stop in order to charge through them. Skidding to a halt and almost falling on her back while doing it, Chibi's mood brightened instantly. "Nice weather huh? Hope it doesn't continue throughout the tournament though." She walked over to the receptionist's desk, and smiled brightly. "Hello miss. I may need a room for a night and one of my pokemon needs to be healed." She said fluently, as if she had known this was going to happen and prepared a speech beforehand. The nurse gave her a funny look and looked to see if a room was availiable. After a few seconds, she handed Chibi a keychain with a single key attatched to it. A plactic marker said 51A in gold coloring.

Plucking out her Lapras's Dive Ball, she handed it to the nurse, who took it and made her way to a large machine. Chibi had a knack for spotting out certain things and knowing what they were by purely guessing, her shoes made a soon-to-be very annoying squeaky sound as they rubbed against the spotless floors and left miniature puddles in their wake. "Excuse me," Chibi said politely to another pink-haired nurse that looked as excited as she felt, "is this the registration desk for the tournament?"

"It sure is," the nurse replied as if it were the best news in the world, "would you like to register?" Chibi made a slight eye-rolling movement. As if she had no idea what a registration desk was for. But instead of making a usual sarcastic comment, she just matched the nurse's face-splitting smile and said, "yes, I would love to." A total of two minutes and one card swipe later, another trainer had entered the tournament.

Chibi found an unoccupied part of a wall and leaned against it, letting the rainwater drip of of her onto the floor. Vyala had long ago cleared herself of most of the water, shaking herself out until her fur was spiked and damp, now she sat at Chibi's ankles. Chibi smiled, "so, do you think they are entering the tournament?" Chibi asked, inclining her head to a group of conversing people, they all had that same look about them as trainers did. Vyala made a mewing sound and jerked her head, since Vulpix had a hard time shrugging. Most of them looked like they could be a challenge.

(Most definetly not one of my better posts in my opinion, hope you get the message anyway. I probly won't be on for a while...*goes off to watch No Country For Old Men*)

"So Daytime," Cody said, scooping Silver off the floor, and plopping him on his shoulder, "I have a feeling you came over here for a reason, am I right?" Cody flashed a smile, his orthodontically straightned teeth showing.

Cody reached into his backpack, and pulled out a Pokeball. He began to twirl it on his finger, when he quickly reached back into his bag. About a moment later, it had two seals placed on it. That's perfect for Gelida... he thought, tossing said Pokeball onto the ground. A cloud of smoke engulfed the Pokemon within, leaving people guessing what it is. And BLAMMO!! (Whatever that means) Gelida stands triumphatly in the confetti now falling around her.

Seals were not something he usually bothered with, but this one seemed worth it. Either that, or boredom had taken it's extreme toll on Cody once more.
Probably the second one.

Daytime jumped back from Cody's release of his Pokemon. "How in the world did you do that?" Being only on Five Island the last couple of years, he didn't know anything about Pokeball Seals. He looked at the Glaceon, shocked even more. This would be a time he'd pulled out his Pokedex and learn something new, but once again, Daytime had sold it for money.

After a couple seconds, Daytime snapped himself back into focus and said, "I'm here to train, but to be specific I'm standing here to find out about the point to the tournament. And I'm ready and waiting to battle you to find out what you know!"

Daytime reached into his jacket, where he kept his Pokeballs. He was about to reach for Flygon, but then remembered it was still with Nurse Joy. He looked around, somewhat worried, then said, "I guess the battle will have to wait...I kinda left some of my Pokemon with Nurse Joy."

Many are probably wondering, "He must have more than just four Pokemon.", and he does, but Daytime hasn't even thought about using a PC all this time. He thought he was stranded on an island with no hopes of getting back home, and had no one ever to call, so using a PC wasn't something he'd ever figured to be the thing to do.

"Giselle," Cody said, turning to her, "Would you like a battle?" Daytime was obviously not ready, and Gelida could use a battle right now, what with the grand entrance and all. At the mention of "battle" silver skyrocketed off Cody's shoulder, and began....dancing! Again, on the floor.

It must be a hyperactive monkey thing.

Gelida was ready as well. Though she had just recently battled agasint the Torkoal, she was probably looking for something better. She saw fit to take Silver's usualy spot on Cody's shoulder, and leaped up there herself.

"Daytime, hope you don't mind my litte 'you don't look ready' thing, but I'm guessing you're not at the moment, are you?" Cody was quite good at piecing together little things like this, perhaps naturally, or perhaps the psych. class a few years back.

Jet noticed a person that walked in and registered for the tournament. He noticed that she was on the phone, and might want to use the Reflector for that, instead of the unreliable cell-phone. Either way, he kept a note about that, as she seemed to be surprised with his presence here and all of the other trainers gathering here.

Jet then noticed something weird about the person who looked surprised about the Pokemon Seals, and quickly concurred that he didn't have a Pokedex either. He walked up towards him.

"Hmmm....you don't have a Pokedex do you?" asked Jet as he directed the question towards Daytime."You'll like this then," responded Jet as he took out his Reflector and teleported another Reflector from his lab outside of Vermillion City.

"Catch!" said Jet as he tossed it towards him.

"It has a Pokedex programed and a PC system to exchange your Pokemon. Only catch is that the PC transporter doesn't work too well in the wilderness. It runs on solar energy, so no need for charging. It has also has a telephone, GPS, notepad, weather databank among other things. It's quite handy to have. And yes, connect it up to a PC anywhere and log into my system to get periodic updates for the unit," explained Jet

--------

Jet finished his little gift giving and gift explaining thing with Daytime. He proceeded to return to the desk to pick up his two Pokemon that he left with the Nurse, Pegasus and Buizel. He picked up his Pokemon and headed back towards the crowd with Fachion flying now, showing off his odd coloured feathers and his gracefulness in the air.

Giselle had picked up her Pokemon, and noticed that she had released a Sneasel. A Powerful one at that too.

Jet thought to himself, 'Since I'm entering the toruney, I should keep the other Pokemon a secret until the tournament starts later. Probably be the best thing to do. I should actually go to bed to. I might have to sneak out early if I want to talk to Oak and Elm -Sama before the tourney starts.'

He made his way back towards the group, and took great interest in the people there, since battling them would be inevitable.

The gentle sea water whisped at Kalseng's face, gently wetting his brown hair as his dewgong swam through the water. Kalseng used his right hand to pull back his hair, wihle his other arm gripped around Sealeo's neck. He was laying flat on the pokemon, as it was easiest to simply swim to the island instead of flying or taking a ferry. Kalseng had never done well on flying plkemon, and his Sealeo outsped most ferries.

That, and Kalseng had no pokemon that could fly at the moment, albeit his levitating Haunter. His green cape fluttered slightly in the wind, and his hat struggled to stay atop his head, but somehow, as if magically, managed to stay perched on his crown. Kalsegn's lim figure sported a forest green shirt and a pair of worn in jeans, ending in a pair of white running shoes.

He had received a message from Proffesor Rowan about this torunament taking place on Six Island, and Kalseng took great interest in it. If all the well-known or in-the-loop trianers were being invited, Cody would be there. It wasn't a teary friendship reunion he was after, but more of a display of how much the fifteen year old had grown since he was fourteen, three months ago. His six foot figure looked rather large atop the Sealeo who was about his size, but Kalseng didn't care.

Six island quickly burst into existance along the horizon, quicklly growing larger as Kalseng approached it. His Sealeo was an extremely fast swimmer, surpisingly. Kalseng had made sure to train it while up in the Stark Mountains, focussing specifically on its ice attacks and swimmming ability.

Sealeo came to a rough stop at the beach, and Kalseng rolled off of the pokemon, and recalled the heavily panting pokemon in to its pokeball. Kalseng stood up, feeling raindrops gently drizzle on him. From what he could tell, there had been rain the night before, and this drizzle was the remaining rain from the clouds. Regardless, Kalseng held little to no interest regarding the rain. It was pleasent, and more importantly, there were no random and excited trainers around to battle him.

In a matter of minutes, Kalseng had located the nearby town, which was dotted with many small buildings, the only one that could even remotely resemble large being the pokemon center, which quickly became the target of Kalseng's trek. He took quick, decisive steps towards the pokemon center, until the doors quietly pulled apart for Kalseng. He entered the quaint lobby, and looked around.

It was dotted with various furnishings, most porminently a reception desk and an appparent table, which was currently disguised by at the very least four trainers. Kalseng gave them no second thought, and knew that they could receive attention once his pokemon had been tended to.

He approached the desk, and looked at the exhausted nurse behind the table. She opened her mouth jerkily to speak, but Kalseng rose his hand and smiled. "Thank you," He said, his melodic and steady voice flowing from his mouth like a river down a mountain. "But really, my request is simple. Please, take my Sealeo," He said, placing a pokeball on the desk. The nurse looked down and gave a small smile to Kalseng, and opened her mouth again, only to receive Kalseng's polite gesture. "Thank you, very much." His voice came out again, crystal clear and gentle. "Might I also get a room? Proffesor Rowan said he had made a reservation. Kalseng Audor?' He asked politely. The nurse dug through a drawer and retrieved a white envelope.

"Once again," He added. "Thank you." He turned away from the nurse, giving her a kind goodbye gesture. Kalseng now focused on the group of trainers, and spotted his old friend.

"Cody!" Kalseng shouted. One of his pokeballs made a small noise, and Kalseng lunged at the trainer and Aipom. He slammed into Cody's chest as his Haunter escaped his pokeball. The pokemon turned to the Aipom, and started to dance with the Aipom. Haunter was just happy to see the familiar friend, much like Kalseng was to see Cody.

It was like Haunter's way of tackling the small creature.

Daytime nodded to Cody since he had hit the fact on the nail, and turned to Jet and frowned when he said, "Hmmm....you don't have a Pokedex do you?". When Jet tossed him the Reflector, Daytime was amazed someone would give something so advanced to a stranger. Daytime thanked Jet as he walked to get his Pokemon, and Daytime told the others in the group he needed to check on some things and probably wouldn't be back to later in the day.

Quietly, so not to disturb those surrounding him, Daytime walked back to the room he had slept in the night before and went through his backpack. Deep within it he pulled out a picture of a group of trainers and looked between it and the Reflector, then thought to himself, This all makes sense now...I knew it, he has to know the girl who took my Rainbow Pass!

In the picture, he and a large group of trainers were all standing together, one of them wearing what looked like an earlier version of the strange device he was given. The girl in the picture with it didn't look much like Jet, but had to know him somehow.

Realizing he was in a room alone, Daytime quickly put his stuff back together and packed it up, so he could change rooms at night. To continue his daily plans, Daytime went to Nurse Joy and got his Pokemon back, then left through one of the other doors, talking straight toward the fields, letting out his Skiploom, preparing to train on the wildlife of Six Island, and compare them to that of Five Island.

At the word 'battle,' both Alano and Mariposa perked up. Both Pokemon stiffened, as though waiting for Giselle to choose one of them. At the moment Cody had asked her, she was watching Daytime's retreating back trying hard not to feel insulted at being completely ignored. But then again he did seem slightly spaced out so she forgave him, but she didn't forget...

"A battle?" said Giselle, a smile slowly forming on her face. Her battling skills had certainly come a long way and she was much more in sync with her Pokemon, especially with the six she had with her now. "Sure, why not. What are your rules?"

She wondered which Pokemon she would pick. As Alano and Mariposa were already out, she decided not to disappoint them both. The choice would be between those two, however she was tempted to get Lluvia from Professor Oak and battle with her when she saw Cody's Glaceon. However both of the Pokemon Cody had out seemed as though they would be fun to battle and Giselle hoped that he would pick one of them.

"Wha?!!?" Cody called, as he was suddenly slammed to the ground. This, of course, could mean only one thing. Kalseng.

"Where ya been hidin'?!" Cody asked jokingly, standing up. Haunter had begun dancing with Silver, like the two had on several other occassions. "That aside," Cody said, "I'm a bit busy right now, any chance you could wait? He did sound sincerely sorry, and he was. If he and Giselle were going to battle, he had to live up to that. If the two weren't about to battle, he'd certainly go do something with his old friend Kal.

Turning back to Giselle, he said, "Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to only use one Pokemon, just for the sake of not giving all of mine away." He said, with one of those "you'll-never-guess-my-secret" smiles. Silver realized that it could be him to partake in the battle, so he lept up onto Cody's shoulder, cutting his dance-a-thon off. Upon arriving on Cody's shoulder, he got his battle mindset "turned on" so to speak, he was focused, not his normal hyperactive self.

"I'll be using Gelida." Cody said with a smile. Like an Anime character, Silver sighed, and fell off Cody's shoulder, to the laughter of those nearby. Gelida walked over and stood in front of Cody for a moment, then sat. "Return." He said softly. Turned into red data, Gelida returned to her Pokeball. All evergy possible had to be saved, even for a battle just for fun.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC: Gawds guys, totally moving forward without me D: *cheats*

BIC:
Sem yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He sat up and put his legs over the side of the bed and stretched, letting a small groan escape his mouth as he rose and went over to the window. He drew back the curtains and shielded his eyes from the early morning sunlight.

"Well, the rain's gone." he grumbled unhappily as he let the curtain fall back over the window and walked towards the bathroom.

He had arrived at the Pokémon Center the day before not long after the rush of trainers reached it. He had slipped into the center relatively unnoticed by other trainers and entrusted the nurse with his newly acquired spearow. While he was getting a room for the night he heard talk of a tournament of sorts happening on the island. Sem figured that he had nothing to lose and was only on the island on his own leisure anyway. The trainer registered for the tournament and made his way up to his assigned room, where he stayed for the rest of the night except for once when he ventured out to feed.

Sem showered and changed into a fresh shirt, which was an aqua-blue that matched his eyes, and then made sure that his hair fell the way he liked it.

As he was pulling on his shoes he saw Sableye phase through the wall and into the room; there was a stone in his hand that had a bite taken out of it.

"Any good?" Sem asked as he stood up, making sure the ends of his coal gray pants fell over the tongues and backs of his shoes like he preferred.

The ghost-type shrugged his shoulders and continued eating, his bites made loud cracks as he bit into the hard rock.

"I'll be down in the cafeteria." Sem told his companion, knowing that Sableye would find him once his finished his mineral-rich morsel.

Sem slipped into the jacket he loved so much and exited the room, making his way through the halls in the direction of the cafeteria. He really didn't have to follow the signs on the walls; he only had to follow his nose, as the aroma of breakfast foods was thick in the air.

There was a small line and Sem only had to wait a few minutes until he was able to select the food he wanted to eat, which was a couple slabs of buttered toast and bowl of fruit. He found a table and ate quietly as he watched other trainers around him as they were eating and walking by.

A drop in the temperature in the air immediately around him signaled that Sableye had joined him. The ghost type sat on the bench beside Sem, everything but his ears were hidden by the table.

Sem popped one last grape into his mouth and returned the plates and silverware to a bin along with all the other used ones. Sableye jumped onto his shoulder as he left the cafeteria through the halls into the main lobby of the center. The rubber soles of his feet made no audible noise as he walked, his jacket flared out behind him somewhat, only because it wasn't long like a trench coat.

He noticed a large group of trainers gathered by the computers in the back of the room but paid them no mind, and if any of them paid him any mind they were greeted with a ghastly smile from Sableye, for the ghost/dark-type was eyeing them with his glinting gem-stone eyes. This combination would prevent anyone in their right mind from approaching the Sableye or his trainer.

"Excuse me, miss." He asked as he reached the counter. The pink haired nurse behind it turned away from what she was doing and smiled.

"Yes?" she asked while tilting her head.

"I entrusted my spearow to you yesterday afternoon and I've come to see if could pick it up." he explained.

"Oh yes…" she recalled as she reached down and grabbed a clipboard, on which was a list. "It was Sem, right?" she asked as she looked up with her eyes only, her head still tilted down. The teen nodded in confirmation and she turned away and pulled out a drawer, within which was a tray full of pokéballs. She looked at the list once again and then plucked one from the drawer and stood up, pushing it back in with her leg as she rose. "Here you are." She said cheerily.

"Thank you very much." Sem bowed his head and turned away. Sableye waved to the nurse as Sem made his way back to his room.

Once he had closed the door Sem set about gathering the clothes he had left on the floor and the making of the bed. He knew a chansey would be along to do that eventually, but he would rather the room be neat right then. Sitting on the edge of the bed he reached into his jacket and pulled out a PokéDex from one of the pockets on the inside.

He held out the device before him and held Spearow's pokéball under the scanner on the side. The screens of the device lit up and scanned the ball and the creature within. There was a blip as a photo of a spearow blinked onto the screen and some stats were listed under it on the bottom screen. Sem noted the gender of the bird as well as attacks it knew. There were plenty of moves in Spearow's arsenal, which made sense due to how big the bird was.

Sem decided he should get outside with the bird and do some basic training to see how well it would work with him. Spearow tended to be a shorted tempered species and didn't take well to most things, especially being caught.

Sem shut the device with one hand and put it away as he stood up. "Let's do some training." Sem said to Sableye, who was still on his shoulder and nodded in response. Instead of making his way to the door he went to the window and glanced out of it.

Seeing nobody, Sem walked straight through the wall and window and found himself outside. One of the perks of having a ghost-type was that doors become an option.

The sun was still shining brightly, though from an angle that was higher than when Sem first woke. A gentle breeze licked at the trainer's hair as he tossed the pokéball he held high into the air.

"So Vyala, any chance of training today?" Chibi asked her compainion. She had quickly lost intrest in the group that she saw before, mainly because wet clothes tended to freeze rather quickly. After a hot shower in her room and a quick washing of her wet and dirty clothes and putting on exact copies of them (it never hurt to have spares) her quite hyper nature returned, causing her to restlessly pace back and forth. Vyala however, had one thing that Chibi did not, the ability to contain energy, and she laid quietly on the bed, her head resting between her front paws. Before the Vulpix could voice her opinion, there was a knock on the door. Chibi just about flew across the room to answer it. It was a Chasey, carrying a tray of food that Chibi had ordered earlier. "Oh yes," Chibi said taking the tray, "thank you, hang on a sec."

She set the food down and kept on eye on Vyala (who like Chibi, learned to sneak food from other people's plates) and searched through her damp backpack. She came up with a container full of multicolored berries with the word "SWEET" written in neat, straight letters. Pulling off the top and walking back to the Chansey (still watchful of Vyala) and held the container out to the Chansey. "Take your pick." She said. After her many expirences with Pokemon Centers, Chibi learned that most of the Chansies working there liked sweet berries, and this one did not disappoint her. It quickly picked out three reddish berries that Chibi quickly identified as Custap. It mewed a "Chasey!" in thanks and hurried off down the hall.

Plopping back down on the bed without spilling any food, she picked up a chicken sandwhich loaded with lettuce, tomato, pickle, some garilc, herbs, and mayonnaise. Take a massive bite, Chibi chewed in pleasure and pushed a bowl filled with berries in front of Vyala, who buried her muzzle in.

"We should train Sapwood and Firestrike too," Chibi said, taking a sip of soda, "that grumpy guy could use some excitement and Firestrike needs to work on his Flame Wheel." She plucked a strawberries of of a sky blue ceramic bowl and demolished it to the stem in one bite, taking another bite of chicken sandwhich along the way. Swallowing it whole, she continued, "Shingala will have to shake off her little injury, then you-HEY! GET YER MUZZLE OUT OF MY FOOD!!!" Vyala lifted her face out of the fruit bowl, her lips smeared with cherry juice, and flashed what may have been a smile. Snatching the bowl back and muttering darkly, Chibi continued eating her food as fast as possible while handing Vyala a handful of sour berries to calm her impish nature.

Minutes later, both were heading out at a faster than usual pace, for not even Vyala could keep her excitement down for long. Chibi dumped the tray on top of a trash bin with a bunch of other neatly stacked trays, where they would be picked up later. She literally jumped the railing of the stairs and landed on her feet and ran off, ignoring the pains in her feet and the little red furball that had followed her leap into the air. Shortly after the two found themselves outside, smelling the fresh breeze in the air. Picking a spot under a space between two large trees, Chibi and Vyala trod over directly under them. The trees were both large and old, for their braches grew so long they wove together as a net on on side and their trunks seemed to be in the process of melting into one.

Chibi noticed another person a distance away, but paid no attention and focused on the task at hand. Unclipping a regular pokeball and a blue-and-red one, she enlarged them both and tossed them into the air with both hands. "Come out and play, Firestrike and Sapwood!"

"Quil!" A large, blue and tan weasel pokemon with flames on its head and tail appeared in a flash of light. It jumped into the air and did a corkscrew (if that's what you call it) and landed on its paws.

"Tor!" A low grumble was the second call, and a much bigger pokemon materialized. It looked like a small mountain with four legs and a sturdy shell that supported a giant oak tree on top. It shook itself out and the leaves of the oak tree rattled wildly.

"Alright you two," Chibi called with a smirk, "or three" (Vyala had jumped in) "battle practice."

'Hmmm...the battle may be starting soon. Just enough time for me to sneak out and get a nice start towards the Ruins. Even though the rain is still going, It looks like it's lighter now. Heavy enough for Buizel to get a speed boost, but light enough so that it isn't super wet outside,' Jet thought to himself.

He said to the group, "If you would just excuse me, but I have some odds and ends to deal with. I shall see you at the tournament in a couple of days from now. I shall hope to see you all there." And with that, Jet left to get his things from his room and leave through the window. Leaving a little token of appreciation and a note to the Nurse when they stopped by his room later, he went out through the window with Fachion and started to walk towards the ruins at the south of the island.

He quickly found that most of the paths were closed down due to the treacherous conditions of the route southward. Jet pulled out his GPS and looked at the three dimensional projection of the next best route to get to the ruins. He programmed the routes that were closed into the GPS's custom options so the only options that would be left would be the ones that aren't closed.

After some time, Fachion's scouting, and some trail and error, he was on his way down and stopped at around noon to take a break He released Buizel and Pegasus and Fachion out. "Well, team, this time looks like the tournament might be tougher than that last one we won. That aside, go out and find some lunch. Be back here as soon as you find some stuff to eat," replied Jet.

And with that, the three Pokemon went off in different directions in search of food. All of them had experience in finding food, and was nothing new to them. Jet barely packed food on trips, mostly relying on the transportal funtcion of the Reflector. However, it never worked when he needed it most.

Jet sat down, and got some things out from his bag, and began to mix some herbs together and set those aside after he finished mixing them. His herbal medicine wasn't as great at healing compared to most, but the taste was much better than the bitter taste of normal herbal medicine. He then pulled out his lunch and began to snack on it.

Once his three companions returned, they all went towards the open plain the GPS had directed them to. They strolled on, but Jet's mind was somewhere else. There was something bothering him. That something was Daytime. He knew he heard of that name from somewhere, but couldn't put his finger or mind on it. He heard the name before, but forgot where he had heard it. He kept thinking about it, as he reached closer and closer to the site for the tourney.

"Good work Skiploom! Just sit still!" Daytime yelled out into a clearing. As usual, Daytime was using Skiploom to get good enough wild Pokemon to fight Flygon. Skiploom loved being bait most of the time, because she felt helpful, but Flygon never seemed to like playing the waiting game. When a great enough pray would come, Daytime would whisper some commands to Flygon to get more training done.

A couple hours passed and Flygon had beaten about six wild Pokemon. Since it was getting late, Daytime knew they should all eat, so he created into his bag and said, "Ok, there isn't much Pokemon food left. Umbreon and Sealeo will have to wait till we get back to the center. Flygon, you have what's left in this can of food, Skiploom, find some plant to eat. Its probably better for you than the food Flygon has." Daytime wasn't a breeder, but he knew that the Pokemon food he had was designed for Flygon, and that Skiploom liked eating the verous plant life around their surroundings.

After his Pokemon ate, Daytime flew around on Flygon while checking out the Reflector Jet gave him. "Flygon, I don't get why he'd have one of these...I thought only that jerk who stole my pass had one...they can't be the same person, can they?" Flygon didn't reply because he sensed something down bellow. Daytime didn't know it, but Flygon was more eager to go to the ruins than he'd appeared.

Kalseng smiled at Cody and pulled away from the rest of the group. He knew that the profesor hadn't reserved him a room. This envelope is what he'd reserved. Kalseng opened thefat, white envelope, and pulled out two of the three things concealed inside. One was a letter, and the other a red PokeGear card. Kalseng tucked the envelope under his arm, and opened up the letter to read it. It was a small letter, and had Professor Rowan's signature down at the bottom.

Dear Kalseng,

It has come to our attention that there is a "Potential" coming up. We would highly appreciate it if you read up on it. The materials are enclosed.

Kalseng dumped out the envelope, and inside it contained an updated PokeGear. Kalseng took another glance at the letter, and a small sentence was written at the bottom.

P.S.
I figured that you would break your pokegear, so included another.

It was true. Kalseng had broken his PokeGear up in the mountains, and was in dire need of a enw one. Kalseng strapped the watch-like object to his wrist, and he flipped the object open. The screen turned white for a moment, and all the settings instantly downloaded. A 3D clock popped up, along with other 3D buttons. Kalseng reached out and touched the one labeled "Mail", and the button flashed, and brought up a mail screen. A screen was shown, with a 3D "Mic" displayed seperately. The screen showed an inbox, with no mail in it. Kalseng fiddled with the object for a good 5 minutes, adjusting settings and such, until it was personalized.

Then, Kalseng stuck the Red PokeGear card into the appropriate spot. Hte machine displayed an hourglass, which turned when it emptied, and soon showed a new function. It was labeled "Prof." ambigiously suggesting its functions. Kalseng touched the function, and saw a new screen pop up. It displayed one important thing. "Potentials". Kalseng realized instantly what this meant, and smiiled. He touched the option, and soon the screens mulitplied, showing him vast amounts of information.

Kalseng quickly analyzed and computed all of the data, and then returned to the main screen. He looked around, and noted three rather important functions. GPS, Internet/storage, an finally, the one function that stood out most. The Icon read "Projects". Kalseng selected the option, and scrolled through the different lists and files. It contained all of his old data and research, as well as various other tidbits he had found useful from previous conversations with the professors.

---

Kalseng meandered up to the nurse, mumbling out his request for the pokemon, still digging through options and new settings he had discovered. The nurse made a non-commital sound, and turned back to a machine. She produced Kalseng's pokeball containing Sealeo, and Kalseng took the ball. "Thank you," He muttered before turning to the door.

After finally pulling himself away from the cool new technology, Kalseng wandered outside, and made his way down the various pathways and streets of Six Island. Kalseng pulled up his GPS, wihch was fuzzy and unfocused, but a large "Potential!" sign pointed out his location. Kalseng shut the object, and pulled out his pokeballs. He looked at each one in turn, and then re-clipped them to his belt. They would all serve well for the upcoming potential.

Kalseng eventually found his way to the location, which turned out to be the Dotted Hole Ruins. Kalseng examined the outer structure, and ran his hands along the outer-walls. It wasn't anything special, but Kalseng could indeed feel why this area was important by touch. He heard the sound of wings flapping, and looked up to see the sillouhette of a Flygon flying downwards.

"Nice", said Giselle. Cody had chosen to use Glaceon after all. After some quick thinking Giselle decided to use Alano. Even though Mariposa was more than capable of taking on the Ice Pokemon even with her type disadvantage, she thought that Alano would be more interesting in this battle. After all, he had the attacks necessary to stop that Glaceon cold (no pun intended) if Cody decided to use THAT combination in battles.

As Giselle was about to face Cody, the phone in the bag around her waist began to vibrate madly. The phone only did that when something was up...

"Escuse me," she said to Cody. Giselle looked at her phone and discovered that Vivienne had sent her a text message that read

Giselle! I need your help. Come to Resort Gorgeous immediately. The people will explain everything when you get there.

Giselle looked up stunned. She had to leave now because whatever it was sounded urgent.

"Cody I'm so sorry, but I may have an emergency on my hands," said Giselle quickly. "We'll have to postpone our battle, all right?" She recalled Alano and Mariposa and then rushed out of the Pokemon Center into the misty darkness. She hated to run out on Cody like that, but she had to help out her friend. And after all, Cody could now turn his full attention on Kalseng.

OOC: Sorry for the sorry post, but I had to do something as I'll be away for the weekend. And what I've got planned for Giselle probably will take her two or three days to get out of.

As Giselle suddenly had suddenly ran out of the Poke-center, Cody was slightly taken aback. He just hoped that whatever she had to do would work out fine.

"Well, Silver, should we go find where Kal went?" Silver leaped up from his Anime-uncounciosness, and leaped onto Cody's shoulder. "I bet I know where he is...."

The two walked out of the Pokemon Center, PokeGear in hand, bag on back, and Silver on shoulder. Heading out of the small town on Fortune island
the two headed for the infamous water path. "I'm pretty sure we go south here, right buddy?" As if an Aipom that had never set foot on this island would know. The two headed south, hopefully to reach the Dotted Ruins.

The path was not quite barren, but not truly distinct. Several rocks, mud, and trees made it a none-too-easy path to travel. Wrapping his hand around the edge of a tree, Cody climbed onto a rock, and leaped across a mud pit, a good 3 feet long. Silver himself, was having a great time just leaping around, tree to tree. Looking up, Cody saw the image of someone riding on a Flygon. Shrugging it off as nothing, the two quickly made it to the canyon's mouth.

The climb down might have been easier then getting to the canyon, at least for Cody, who had gone mountain climbing several times before.
"This makes slope 14 right Silver?" Silver had always been with Cody, no matter how high the mountain. All seemed fine, until Cody slid. He stood on an unstable rock, and it slid out from under his feet. He began to tumble forward down the slope, and in the direction he would fall off a cliff into the canyon.

Silver used Agility, and was in front of Cody. He quickly used Iron Tail to secure himself to the ground, and then used Protect. A green shadded shield appearing in front of Silver, Cody continued his unwilling descent, before colliding with the shield. Barely able to stand up, Cody saw Kalseng down at the bottom of the canyon.

"Kalseng!!! Kal!!!" He cried out the best he could. Silver wasn't going to leave Cody here by himself, so there was no chance he would go get Kal.
"Up here!!" He continued to yell, as Silver shot stars from Swift up into the sky above them, like fireworks. During the fall, his left arm had been banged up protecting his face. It felt broken.

Flygon's decent was straight, until an unexpected Swift distracted him, making him spiral to the ground, crashing almost right next to the ruin, making the ground shake quite a lot. Daytime got up, being on top of Flygon kept him safe, and checked over Flygon. "Darn it...you'll need to rest. Sorry buddy." Daytime said, returning Flygon into his Pokemon. He then looked around and noticed Kalseng, unsure whether to be happy or worried.

"Who are you?" Daytime asked, keeping his arm in his jacket in case he needed to bring out help. Being on Five Island with no close friends, meeting random strangers alone made Daytime feel awkward. Before he could wait for Kalseng's reply, he pointed off behind him and said, "Hey, that guy over there looks like he needs help!"

Kalseng kind of fell to the ground as he saw and felt the Flygon crash into the ground. His eyes wide, Kalseng had pressed himself against the mountainous walls of the ruins. Somehow, even with the severe impact of the landing, the trainer had managed to come out minimally damaged. Kalseng would have to take note of the serious endurance or major crashing skill. When the trainer stood, he looked at Kalseng and asked a question.

"Who are you?" the trainer asked, conspiciously placing a hand in a pocket. Kalseng slowly inched up along the wall, and spoke carefully.

"I'm Kalseng Au-" Kalseng hadn't gotten through his name before he noted something about a trainer looking like he needed help. Kalseng turned and saw cody desperately flailing atop a nearby ledge, his Aipom shooting off a large Swift attack. Kalseng meerly smiled and laughed, and pulled out a Dusk Ball. Tossing it into the air, he called out. "Hey, Honchckrow! Help them out!" He said.

The Dark ball burst open, and an array of black energy emerged from the ball, forming a large bird pokemon, clad in deep blacks and blues. As the ball returned to Kalseng's hand, the pokemon flared out its wings and let out a caw of sorts. It then took to the skies, and flew up to wear the trainer and his over-energetic trainer stood, turning so that its back faced the trainer. Kalseng flinched at the idea that he had just revealed not only one, but two of his pokemon to the other trainers. It took some of the mystery away, but hey, Kalseng could live with such facts.

They'd need every advantage possible to fight the strategist that was Kalseng.

"Alright Firestrike, start off with the long range Flame Wheel!" Chibi commanded her pokemon. The Quilava purred and bristled its fur. Opening its mouth, a brilliant tongue of flame shot out. Instead of just going on and on like most fire blasts, thins one seemed to have a mind of its own, hence why it suddenly stopped and began swirling around and around, twisting into a high column of fire. When it reach a height of nearly twelve feet, it looked like a small tornado on a leash.

After about half a minute later though, the fire wavered, and slowly began to die down. It grew shorter and shorter and almost seemed to be ripping apart until it dissapated completely, leaving a few wisps of smoke behind. Firestrike looked crestfallen, ashamed that he couldn't have held it out longer. Chibi smiled encouraginly to him.

"Don't worry Firstrike," she called out soothingly, "you'll get the hang of it eventually. Not everyone masters a newly learned attack in two days. Now, why don't we practice on Sapwood? Vyala, you can focus on your Extrasensory attack."

Sapwood grumbled a very 'why-do-I-always-have-to-be-the-target?' grumble and turned to face Firestrike. Vyala purred and hopped a little ways away from the group, closing her eyes and focusing on the psychic attack she was learning. Firestrike knelt down and the flames on his head and tail suddenly exploded in size and the very air shimmered around him. Sapwood, unintimidated by the display, merely growled and shifted his weight.

"Okay, Firestrike," Chibi said, "you know Sapwood. First things he's gonna do is try and Leech Seed you. So use Flamethrower when that happens." As if to prove her point, Sapwood tensed just a little bit and then fired a barrage of seeds from the leaves of the tree on his back. They never reached their target however, for spout of intensly hot flames turned them from seeds to embers. "Now, Quick Attack." Firestrike took off as if his legs were springs, zigzaging his way towards Sapwood.

At this point, Sapwood could have suprised his owner and defeat his freindly foe and Earthquake him to unconscioussness, but he wanted to give the fire pokemon a chance, so he saved it for later. Instead, he amazingly tucked his head, legs, and tail into his huge shell in a Withdraw counter. Firestrike could now bounce off of the Torterra's shell as many times as he liked and not even get a grumble out of him. Time for a new tactic.

"Firestrike," Chibi called, "hit Sapwood with Smokescreen." In an instant, the blue/tan/red blue froze and arched his back. Instead of spewing flames this time, a blackish smoke engulfed the Torterra, who in turn, grumbled and reached out his legs. He stood up to see where the speedy Quilava would materialize out of the smoke. "Flamethrower," Chibi commanded next. This time, it was fire that Firestrike shot out.

"This could take a while." Chibi realised, tapping her foot. Above her head, what may have been a Flygon flew off into the distance, heading towards the ruins. But Chibi never noticed, for she was too bust watching her training procedures unfold. She realised that she may have to get Shingala back from the nurse by now. When this is over. She told herself.

(Not the best, but now I have an excuse for still being at the Center.)

"That should be enough eh Silver?" Cody sighed. The Aipom stopped spraying swift, and leaped over next to Cody. Looking down closer to the ruin, Cody saw that the Flygon was in fact, Daytime's. Suddenly, it seemed that Kalseng noticed the distressed Cody. Whipping a dusk ball out, a Honchcrow had appeared. It began flying towards Cody. Looking at himself for the first time, he saw a nice-sized gap in his left arm.
"Brilliant..." he mumbled, sarcastically reffering to said gash.

"Crow, honch honch crooooow!!!" It said happily as it landed. Silver leaped onto the head of Kalseng's new Pokemon, as it lifted up into the air. To weak to climb on, the Honchcrow picked Cody up with it's feet, and carried him down.

From the sky, the canyon looked relatively nice. Tree's lined up on one cliffside, while the others were covered in rocks. From up in the air, you could see the line on the canyon walls, where water had carved this valley out.

"Know any good doctors?" Cody asked Kal and Daytime upon touching down on the ground.

Daytime watched Kalseng's Honchcrow rescue Cody and as they got down he noticed Cody's arm right away, being pretty hard to miss. He quickly grabbed into his bag and pulled out a blue bandanna with blood stains. When Cody was brought close enough, Daytime started wrapping the bandanna around Cody's arm, and told Kalseng to get some water.

"Its just a cut, might leave a scar, but as far as I can see, you'll heal up pretty easily." Daytime said this with confidence, but he'd only treated his own Pokemon, not knowing humans and Pokemon heal at different speeds. The bleeding was contained well enough to keep Cody's arm from dripping. "Just keep from moving it much at you should be fine. Lay down and rest a bit while Kalseng gets that water. I don't need you passing out."

Cody did as he was asked, and laid down on a relatively dry rock. Acknowledging what Daytime had said, he smiled, and grunted,
"I think it's broken..."

Silver had leaped away, and dashed for a small grove of trees. Cody watched as he grabbed for an Oran berry, and ran back to Cody quickly as possible. Cody took the berry out of the hand-like tail that Silver had, and took a bite. A multitude of flavors flooded his mouth. Some sweet, some sour. He then handed the rest of the berry back to Silver.
"You deserve it bud, I had no idea you're Swift was that stong." With that, Silver obliterated the berry, and quickly leaped into the air. He began spraying more Swift into the air, with seemingly hundreds of litte stars comeing from his tail.

Kalseng watched his Honchkrow collect the trainers, and he let the pokemon go back into his pokeball for a while to rest. But as Cody came down onto the ground, Kalseng's face went pale. A giant wound was gaping on Cody's left arm, the bone clearly looked broken. Kalseng fell down onto his rear, and sat, staring in worry. Daytime said something, and told Kalseng what to do.

Kalseng blankly nodded at Daytime's request, and he unclipped the heavy ball on his belt, and enlarged it. "Sealeo, I need your help!" He called. Kalseng tossed the ball in the air, and it broke open to reveal a Sealeo. The ball returned to Kalseng, and he clipped it back onto his belt. "A small little trickle of a water gun on this hurt trainer, if you would?" Kalseng said. His Sealeo nodded and poured a small amount of water onto Cody's wound in an attempt to clean the wound.

Kalseng scrambled over to where the wound was, and squatted down. "Anything else I can do to help..." Kalseng realized he hadn't ever learned the trainer's name. "Er, introductions later. How can I help?"

"Thanks Kal," Cody said feebly, "We should head back to the center, get a nurse to look at this..." He mumbled. He was able to stand up, despite tumbling down the rocky face of a cliff. "Gyaha!" He coughed. Cody then began breathing, heavily, "Ribs...." he mumbled.

He then took the liberty, of sitting back down. Coughing again, he took an Ultraball out of his backpack which he noticed was laying beside him. "Kal," He said, "take this back to the Center, and ask the Nurse to register my Pokemon Storage System. Replace the Absol in here with Dream, my Salamence. Then fly yerself and 'er back here will ya?" He tossed the Ultraball at Kal, who caught it, after bouncing it in his hands several times from the sudden projectile.