• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am curious to hear what everyone thinks of this scene. It's a very powerful moment for both Cassie and Salem, and I wonder what everyone thinks about it.

I can't wait to shatter it later>:D>:D
Oh I am not going to attack you
Finally getting around to introducing that Hypno that's been plaguing us behind the scenes, are you?
The one that confused Ajax and was supposed to make him see fire when Cassie got kidnapped, and the one that's been altering all our dreams? And probably also the one that has a hand in keeping Drake brainwashed and complying with TR.

Oh not Hypno. Not that god damn song again.
But anyway on a side note to the horrors of that Pokémon I have a rather embarrassing question. Im not particularly tech savvy and I honestly have no idea how to get those little coins Nygenn so lovingly made and put them in my signature. Help would be very welcome :)

Honestly the coins were never meant to be used in signatures :D
I actually find it a quite distracting at times. The coins were made in response to CruvyKitten's suggestion to showcase at the start of a story entry which characters are participating in the scene. It's helps clear things up and makes looking back for specific scenes that much easier. Having all these coins in signatures distracts me from that. :p

But anyway, if you want the coins in your signature then go right ahead. The way you do it is by grabbing the URL to the coin you want from here, by right clicking the coin and selecting the option to 'Copy image address'.
Then when in your signature, or in a post here you check the tool bar and click on the image icon located near the end, between the emote icon and the movie icon. A box will pop up in which your simply past the URL of the coin, click accept, and you're solid.

Honestly the coins were never meant to be used in signatures :D
I actually find it a quite distracting at times. The coins were made in response to CruvyKitten's suggestion to showcase at the start of a story entry which characters are participating in the scene. It's helps clear things up and makes looking back for specific scenes that much easier. Having all these coins in signatures distracts me from that. :p

But anyway, if you want the coins in your signature then go right ahead. The way you do it is by grabbing the URL to the coin you want from here, by right clicking the coin and selecting the option to 'Copy image address'.
Then when in your signature, or in a post here you check the tool bar and click on the image icon located near the end, between the emote icon and the movie icon. A box will pop up in which your simply past the URL of the coin, click accept, and you're solid.
Awesome, thanks man.

A few notes clarifying my recent post:

1. I plan on having this "Alpha" Slaking appear later, if that's alright with Astral
2. Jake and I planned for the meeting to go this way, if it looks like I assumed that Knox would be knocked down + threatened and that Bastille would be hit by Close Combat, it's because we consulted about how this would play out beforehand ^.^

P.S. Since the virus made Pokémon more aggressive and bloodthirsty and thus more active, I was thinking that Slaking's truant ability (which makes him super lazy and nerfs how OP he is) would be gone, as he's actively looking for fights now, effectively making him perhaps a mini-boss for Jake, Quintessa, and I to fight?

Although if there are more critiques and/or concerns other than those points, please say so :)

Last edited:
A few notes clarifying my recent post:
1. I plan on having this "Alpha" Slaking appear later, if that's alright with Astral

2. Jake and I planned for the meeting to go this way, if it looks like I assumed that Knox would be knocked down + threatened and that Bastille would be hit by Close Combat, it's because we consulted about how this would play out beforehand ^.^

Although if there are more critiques and/or concerns other than those points, please say so :)
Honestly I think you two are in the clear by now, seeing the quality control you have in your posts, and can I just say I am loving Jasper more and more with every sardonic remark?

Congratulations, Jake and Mozza, you're truly one of us now. :D

Honestly I think you two are in the clear by now, seeing the quality control you have in your posts, and can I just say I am loving Jasper more and more with every sardonic remark?

Congratulations, Jake and Mozza, you're truly one of us now. :D

Thank you, I'm quite enjoying how I portray Jasper right now! And I thoroughly enjoyed typing up my first meeting with @Jake Acker's Knox, It'll definitely be an interesting dynamic having two smart-asses paired up, although the biggest difference being one is actually kind and the other is an emotionally-repressed dick.

And I'd just like to say, when all of us eventually meet up (hopefully), I can't wait to be an asshole to you all ♥

And I'd just like to say, when all of us eventually meet up (hopefully), I can't wait to be an asshole to you all ♥
You have no idea how much i'm looking forward to Jasper meeting Salem. Especially because the Island native is just so different in his customs and manners. I'm also curious to see if he'll treat women any different.

Great job on Jasper's portrayal overall. We definitely needed a Sawyer in our cast.
-

Also, I had a good hardy laugh at the image of a swarm of Yanmega tearing apart a Buneary.
Especially since the bunny is registered at an acceptable 40 something centimeters, which is a little over a foot long, while the Yanmega are actually larger than Charizards :D

Last edited:
Yaaaaas anti-heroes ftw (if you haven't noticed from my profile picture, I have a thing for them).

Ooh, I love the idea of Salem and Jasper meeting, they're basically polar opposites! Salem's basically a smooth stream of water that everyone can relax with and Jasper's like a hot fire that will burn anyone (verbally) who comes near. And as for Jasper's treatment of women, he's been in a string of unsuccessful relationships but I'm still not sure whether to go for 180 switch to suave gentleman or maintain sarcastic douche persona and become a "bad boy" type.

Edit: Also omg I didn't see that. Wtf Yanmega's are so big that's actually terrifying af. WAIT WHY IS A DRAGONFLY BIGGER THAN A FUCKING DRAGON??????? NINTENDO PLS

Last edited:
Yaaaaas anti-heroes ftw (if you haven't noticed from my profile picture, I have a thing for them).
Yeah I noticed, Jason Todd, nice. :)
My favorite Robin after Damian Wayne.

And as for Jasper's treatment of women, he's been in a string of unsuccessful relationships but I'm still not sure whether to go for 180 switch to suave gentleman or maintain sarcastic douche persona and become a "bad boy" type.
You can practice on the beautiful Knox. :\=|:

Delilah struck a pose, “when you think that your meal is finished, I am the dessert that coaxes your appetite! When you think your painting is perfect, I’m the splash of black and yellow that inspires you to keep painting! When you are living a nightmare, I am the sting that wakes you up! Open your eyes and you will see…” she struck one final pose, “...that I am the great Bumble Bee!”
Haha, oh how I've missed this. I especially like how everything Delilah says basically translates to me as redundancy.

I also like how she laments Damian not accepting her nickname for him when her own Beedrill is the only Pokémon in the entire campaign that doesn't have a nickname. :D
-

On a different note, I just discovered that Mawile makes her first appearance in the anime in the episode "Once in a Mawile" where she's a ribbon-dancer of all things. How perfect a fit is Mawile for Salem? :D

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed, Jason Todd, nice. :)
My favorite Robin after Damian Wayne.

You can practice on the beautiful Knox. :\=|:

Haha, oh how I've missed this. I especially like how everything Delilah says basically translates to me as redundancy.

I also like how she laments Damian not accepting her nickname for him when her own Beedrill is the only Pokémon in the entire campaign that doesn't have a nickname. :D
-

On a different note, I just discovered that Mawile makes her first appearance in the anime in the episode "Once in a Mawile" where she's a ribbon-dancer of all things. How perfect a fit is Mawile for Salem? :D

I need to watch this episode. For it sounds adorable.

Also, yeah, Delilah is kinda backwards like that xD she nicknames humans but not pokemon.

So, have any of your heard of the little spin off anime called Pokemon Generations? The first two episode just came out today, the second one is just...

Well, I think you'd best see for yourself. All I can promise is that they're awesome so far.

In other news, post will be up shortly.

EDIT: Up! Hopefully it's a good enough length. June's got some questions for Alex and Savior though!

Gerald's part was way too short though. One day, I'll learn to make those response posts longer!

Last edited:
"Wait! I got this. So. What were you here at the tournament for? I mean, I was here for the actual tournament. Not this sick idea of a tournament. DO you have a Pokemon? Or did it oh..."
I like the way you think things through. Not a lot of people would have asked that questions and considered the possibility that maybe she did have a Pokémon but it died already.
-

Discovered a new Pokémon that would most assuredly get Salem's attention btw.
Swampert and it's Mega Evolution. They both look really cool! Saw them in this video, and I realize they're actually starting Pokemon of one of the earlier Generations, but my discovery of Pokémon is going all over the place beyond the first 151 :D
swampert.png
swampert-mega.png

-

I also cannot wait to check out the environments in this movie to get a real nice image for Regalo Del'Mar.

Last edited:
Alright everyone, I just arrived in Melbourne and I'm going to be posting from here for the next two weeks. I will definitely be quite inactive during this time, so I'll sneak in something when I can. So if you're ever wondering about my absence, then that's the reason, it's school holidays and I don't really have access to actual WiFi.

Bleh, I just was the final battle of the Tournament in the XY&Z Series between Satoshi and Alan, and I'm kinda disappointed in how Satoshi lost. He was clearly dominating the final fight, had type advantage, and in their final showdown used this crazy over powered water attack on Mega Charizard, while the latter used Blast burn in retaliation. The outcome should have been clear, but Charizard won out and I can't help but feel like the match was rigged.

It was obvious from the start that Satoshi wasn't going to win, because it would change the formula of the series and if Nintendo showed us anything with the lack of growth and aging of it's protagonist, it's that they don't plan on changing it as long as Pokémon remains a successful franchise. That said though, they could have at least made it so that you got the impression the other guy was actually stronger. It's really annoying to see a character lose when he was clearly better and there's no real reason for it other than it serving the plot better.

Bleh, I just was the final battle of the Tournament in the XY&Z Series between Satoshi and Alan, and I'm kinda disappointed in how Satoshi lost. He was clearly dominating the final fight, had type advantage, and in their final showdown used this crazy over powered water attack on Mega Charizard, while the latter used Blast burn in retaliation. The outcome should have been clear, but Charizard won out and I can't help but feel like the match was rigged.

It was obvious from the start that Satoshi wasn't going to win, because it would change the formula of the series and if Nintendo showed us anything with the lack of growth and aging of it's protagonist, it's that they don't plan on changing it as long as Pokémon remains a successful franchise. That said though, they could have at least made it so that you got the impression the other guy was actually stronger. It's really annoying to see a character lose when he was clearly better and there's no real reason for it other than it serving the plot better.

At least it was better than the Sinnoh league, where Satoshi battles some guy with a team of Legendaries! Like, seriously!?

"But hey, at least there were hot guys right."
Hahaha, is it weird that I'm imagining Gerald to think of Salem and nod his agreement? :D

The diglet narrowed it's eyes and went back underground heading toward the two unsuspecting trainers.
Also, this is one sinister Diglet. The fact that it's one of the most awkwardly designed, and least threatening looking Pokémon somehow really contributes to this.

I can't stop laughing at the idea of it being very serious and bloodthirsty in it's attack but actually being so week it takes the pair of bumbling kids to notice the creature is attacking them. :p

Hahaha, is it weird that I'm imagining Gerald to think of Salem and nod his agreement? :D
You read my mind. Nygenn confirmed Psychic folks.

As for that XY&Z league loss? Complete bull. Thanks Pokemon company, I kind of hoped Ash wouldn't lose after coming so far ;-;

I'll get up a little post for the two 'lovebirds' ;)

I think its possible at some point someone called him a girl. With all the ribbons its easy to do lol. But Alex is a boy :D Salem is always calling him a girl, Aidinia just never corrects him.

I don't like the sound of that. Alex thought as she approached June. "What are you working on Lady June?" He asked.

With writing like this you constantly keep me guessing as well :D
I assumed Alex was a girl, and Salem did too I suppose. Obviously the Pokémon or it's trainer hasn't seen it important enough to address. :p

I do kinda like that Alex is addressing June as 'Lady' as well. I wonder if that's his own style, or if he just happens to be influenced by Salem, his main patient...