• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a great story told by great writers, but if you're anything like me then the real reward is how it invites you to be a active participant in the events, and how it seems to push your writing to new heights.

Haha then you and I might be more alike than I originally anticipated :3

I just read your revised entry MozzaD, and it's so much more fulfilling now. Before Jasper was a character walking around the place but it didn't really feel like he was a part of the place, if you know what I mean. Now however, he really carved his place in the story and seems much more alive and whole as a person. I'm very much liking the direction you are going with this and already started imagining how he'll interact with the other characters.
-

On a slightly different note, with all the 'buddy' being thrown around, and a new 'gentle giant' on the scene I'm going to change things up a little bit for Salem from now on. In fact, I've recently been doing a lot more character developing for him and especially a ton more world building for the region he's from, and with his heritage and accent I think it much more likely he'd have been referring to Ajax as his Amigo rather than his buddy. Or something similar at least. I don't really feel much for going back through all my previous posts and changing things there so just imagine that Salem's always been saying such things. I'm going to try and have his foreign nationality be more apparent, lest people forget about it when interacting with him.

But I also have a question: while I'm portraying his vulgar, witty attitude well, am I also showing his vulnerability? One of the key components of Jasper is that he's multi-faceted: A sarcastic douche yet also a lonely orphan.
His nightmare certainly portrays this, but we've yet to see it in the reality of the roleplay. I love this depth you have for him though! It really elevates his character and makes him seem that much more relatable and real.

His nightmare certainly portrays this, but we've yet to see it in the reality of the roleplay. I love this depth you have for him though! It really elevates his character and makes him seem that much more relatable and real.

Alrighty! I'll see what I can do with that, probably let him have a moment of real vulnerability sometime in the RP. But for now I'm definitely going to crash, goodnight!!

Very much enjoying your entries Jake Acker. I can't wait to see how well you'll do with action, and I have to remind you that you still owe us a nightmare, but otherwise I'm super pleased that you decided to ask about joining us when you did. I sorta already had this suspicion about Knox from when I first read your character's profile, but I there are quite some similarities between him and Salem. I am positive these two guys will get along great, as will their giant companions. I have been think about the personalities of Salem's pokemon quite a bit lately and you may see some slight changes in their demeanor, or finally get a bit of a sense for them. If they seemed a bit vague before then this is why.

But I have to ask, did Salem inspire Knox in some ways, or are these just happy coincidences?

Very much enjoying your entries Jake Acker. I can't wait to see how well you'll do with action, and I have to remind you that you still owe us a nightmare, but otherwise I'm super pleased that you decided to ask about joining us when you did. I sorta already had this suspicion about Knox from when I first read your character's profile, but I there are quite some similarities between him and Salem. I am positive these two guys will get along great, as will their giant companions. I have been think about the personalities of Salem's pokemon quite a bit lately and you may see some slight changes in their demeanor, or finally get a bit of a sense for them. If they seemed a bit vague before then this is why.

But I have to ask, did Salem inspire Knox in some ways, or are these just happy coincidences?
Im sure the pair and their Pokémon will certainly get along swimmingly I agree and dont worry that nightmare is coming. I also look forward to seeing Ajax develop a bit more as an individual! And a coincidence, he is actually an adaptation of a character I made up about 3 years back just for fun :)

Alright, so I had a moment to spare and went looking around online for some images.

Jake Acker, Knox left me a lot of free reign so I ran past a dozen options trying to select one that would both capture his looks as his personality for as far as I know it.

MozzaD, for Jasper it was an easy find due to your use of an anime character, but I couldn't help myself and looked around a little bit more. I found one that I think could also be fitting, so I made both and then it's up to you what you prefer.

If you plan on linking them anywhere then don't take them from Pokecharms but link them directly to my PokéCoin section on Imgur.

EHSPGtZ.png
BKNYzZJ.png

DVOaIAk.png
iQQWFHh.png
9MSfWF1.png
Hey thanks man, I really appreciate the effort! And good choices with the images, I always liked that Bastiodon one in particular

Phew, that's up. And it's 2 AM. @.@

I'm sorry if it's a bit rough, and I took quite a lot of liberties in my wake, I just pray no one minds. If there are objections, I'll come back to it in the morning, but at least it's out there. Whoo, Cassie really blowing up here... I hope it's not too much, I'll try to go through it again tomorrow.

I'm off to sleep now. :up:

At school with Loz as she does pottery my laptop is having wi-fi issues. I am attempting to fix it

Got the wifi up but I just realized I have nothing to post. Waiting on Chroc for one scene, nova and curvy for another, burb for Megan, and Lin along with Arrow are out cold. I do plan on using Apollo soon but not just yet as I am waiting for Moz and Jake's chars to meet up first.

Last edited:
Don't just skulk this thread dropping likes Quintessa. :p

I hope you will join us in the RP and are working on a character, if you don't already have one. If you need help with anything, just know that all your answers are only a post away. ;)
-

Astralkitsune, if you're looking for things to write you can always try your hand at those little fun snippets we talked about a little while back. Show us some of the other things going on on the island, or perhaps you want to tell us more about the island itself? Or give us some news feeds about things going on in the rest of the world with a ton of high profile trainers have gone missing.

Sorry about the short entry.
I've been quite sick for the past day or so and it's to the best quality I can crank out right now.
Congratulations on finally converging with another group! :D
I'm really looking forward to Floyd's interactions with Damian. I wonder how they'll get along? Also, am I the only one put off by Amara's iron nipples of death every time I see her coin image?

Woo new interactions, although I'm debating on how many more Posts I should have Damian out, I don't want him up too soon otherwise the whole situation would seem mildly underwhelming. Unless he gets another heal of sorts or something that makes sense to a premature awakening I figure he'll be out for at least one more round of posts

Also, am I the only one put off by Amara's iron nipples of death every time I see her coin image?
No you're not. They annoy me too :D
I'm still looking for something more appropriate.

Woo new interactions, although I'm debating on how many more Posts I should have Damian out, I don't want him up too soon otherwise the whole situation would seem mildly underwhelming. Unless he gets another heal of sorts or something that makes sense to a premature awakening I figure he'll be out for at least one more round of posts
And that's probably a good thing to do. Just focus on Orion in the meantime.
Personally I myself have never been a fan of miraculous healing at all because it takes away from the severity of things. So the way I approach it is that it costs the body a lot to heal what would normally take weeks or even months in a single moment. Salem has multiple energy reserves but after three major heals in less than a day he's just going to be wrecked for a while.

She hated to admit it, but a deaf Beedrill wouldn’t bee much good in a fight against a Nidoking at full strength.
;)

It was quickly identified by Floyd to be the upper-half of a regular pokeball. Floyd loosened his belt a tiny bit and slotted the metallic piece in-between his pants and the belt, right next to Swift's pokeball, before tightening his belt again to make sure it stayed in place.
Oh nice prep work for your eventual meeting with June, smart thinking. ;)

a Nidoking... with its upper head completely gone for some reason
Well at least it still has it's lower head. :?

Last edited:
Alrighty! Now that I've finally caught up with the OOC talk, I can respond to some folks xD

Ehm...

Not to burst your bubble, but, uh...

I think what you meant to say was, "not to burst your burble."

You won't believe how happy I was to come on this website and realize I had almost complete creative control over roleplay.

The last time I was on a Pokemon roleplay website, it was called the TCGO online forums. In which was completely "Child safe". What does this mean?

No death.
No violence.
No cussing.
No sexual implications.

Honestly the first two may of made some roleplays terribly cringey at times, but there was no death...ever. Even being turned to stone was banned.

They eventually closed the roleplay section because it ate up too much time of the other moderators to take care of more "important" matters. I have no clue what, or why they couldn't assign certain moderators or allow more leeway instead.

So coming on here, and seeing admins giving leeway and being active, consistently taking care of cringe worthy content is just...so great.

Props to you, mods.

That's so funny because I came from a forum that was the complete opposite. It's a forum called Redlight Ponyville (yes, MLP stuffs) and it was crazy liberal with their rules. The site basically exists for ERP. There were good aspects of that freedom and bad aspects, such as you were able to get away with doing an RP that had nothing to do with MLP which was cool, but people also tended to make their characters very OP at times.

However, considering this RP thread, I'd say that structure, active admins, enforced rules and amazing writers have made this the most successful RP I've been a part of in years.

I just want to state the idea, since Orion is a sort of signature part to Damians team, would Floyd have any recollection of one of his pokemon, or perhaps even Swift facing off against him, and remembering the lucario as well as his trainer?

I just want to state the idea, since Orion is a sort of signature part to Damians team, would Floyd have any recollection of one of his pokemon, or perhaps even Swift facing off against him, and remembering the lucario as well as his trainer?

Probably.
When my next post comes around I'll make sure to incorporate something with Orion.

Oh nice prep work for your eventual meeting with June, smart thinking. ;)
For June and Lady.
I don't trust sly foxes and sneaky cats.

Well at least it still has it's lower head. :?
But what good is a lower head without an upper head to control it?

Ny I am, slowly releasing bits of info about the going's on of TR and the Island backstory but I am using Floyd as my medium since he choose the pokemon and abilities he did. As for the high profile trainers missing I don't really see that the case. Pokemon trainers even the elite go off into the wilderness alone all the damn time to train and catch more pokemon. The only time they really have camera's on them is large scale events, for the most part unless a trainer is a teen idol or something. You have only been missing for a few days that is not to alarming for a reclusive eccentric, wilderness survival lot like most trainers are.

Btw Loz is working on a post now.

later near dusk she went to camp to check on the others and fix dinner for everyone including herself and the sceptile.
Loz, this would mean you won't be posting for a long while until the rest of us reaches dusk as well. :o This is completely fine if you have the patience of course, but we never know what might happen during midday and afternoon. We might need Aidinia around.

shes already fixed it
Could she also fix the Dr. into a proper doctor please? :D

When Aidinia's restraints were complete. She carefully approached the sceptile, wound the restraints around his wrists being certain to hold him in such a way as to prevent the use of his blades to free himself. Then around his waist and then knees and finally ankles. She wasn't sure if this would hold, But true to her nature, she was ever the optimist.
And here is where Aidinia's bondage skills come in handy. :\=|: Naughty naught, dear doctor.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot Aidinia still had Savior around to protect her. Nice job. :)
What are you talking about? That Hitmonlee is more likely to beat her up than any enemies :p

The way he says "Hoomanling" tickles a memory but I can't place it... Anyway, until then for some reason I keep imagining Savior to sound like Jabba the Hut :D

So I was just discussing Pokemon sizes with Pen because Ajax is always been referred to as an exceptionally large member of his species, but how big would that actually make him? Well, going around with a measuring tape and thinking things over carefully, I have concluded that his shell would be roughly the size of a queen size bed, making Ajax actually the size of a Torterra. I hope this helps everyone's mental imagine.

So I was just discussing Pokemon sizes with Pen because Ajax is always been referred to as an exceptionally large member of his species, but how big would that actually make him? Well, going around with a measuring tape and thinking things over carefully, I have concluded that his shell would be roughly the size of a queen size bed, making Ajax actually the size of a Torterra. I hope this helps everyone's mental imagine.
That does help a lot actually, if you give me a moment I will make a size comparison for Bastille as I also described him as "exceptionally large"

Is it bad that I've always kind of seen Torterra as a bigger Koopa?

hur1w8.jpg

Just sayin' :p

Huh. I'll keep this in mind.

There'll be a post eventually, ya'll given me a ton to type about, but I have other things to get to first...