• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Test Tube

Would you rather:

• Be captured and transferred to Site B

• Battle and escape into the wilderness as a team

• Meet a group of young trainers (potential adoption)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Umm... I’m pretty sure it’s a living being that absorbed, like, a fuck ton of elements during experiments and stuff... but I don’t know what it tastes like, so be my guest and take a chance! At the cost of your life...

Waiting for admin permission on a possible plot feature so here's where the setting is at for the moment(correct me if I missed something):

It is late afternoon, early evening on an isolated tundra landscape featuring permafrost, some snow, some grass, a lake and a partially destroyed laboratory. The location of Site B has yet to be disclosed.

I just have to say you guys are awesome!! I'll get another post in today but first a couple of things:

Beware of the god-mod; as creatures created in a lab there is the potential for over-powered attributes that could get this RP shut down. I have suggested to the admin that we as lab creations were made with the intention of being over-powered but in fact are not. I was thinking our main drawback would be despite powerful attacks to have low stamina and a higher need for fuel and rest than normal pokemon. Id like your opinion in this, if you have any suggestions.

I have a good amount of plans to move the plot forward featuring our villain over the next couple days. I can promise at the very least one post per day but I will not double post in the RP.

Thank you all for participating and for your intriguing creativity :)

I just have to say you guys are awesome!! I'll get another post in today but first a couple of things:

Beware of the god-mod; as creatures created in a lab there is the potential for over-powered attributes that could get this RP shut down. I have suggested to the admin that we as lab creations were made with the intention of being over-powered but in fact are not. I was thinking our main drawback would be despite powerful attacks to have low stamina and a higher need for fuel and rest than normal pokemon. Id like your opinion in this, if you have any suggestions.

i really love the plot of this rp, and i think the drawbacks you suggested are really fair and well thought-out.

we could also give our characters unique powers, with drawbacks. for example, i'm planning on making tama's powers sort of bordering on shapeshifting, but not quite. her body can take any shape but cannot take the form of another. she can also move unnaturally fast, at jerky paces, but can't see what she's doing when she's moving that fast. also, light hurts her, artificial or natural. are these powers okay with you?

also, tama sort of looks like this- she has loads of eyes, and her flesh is melty and mouldable. no eyes on the claws though.

i really love the plot of this rp, and i think the drawbacks you suggested are really fair and well thought-out.

we could also give our characters unique powers, with drawbacks. for example, i'm planning on making tama's powers sort of bordering on shapeshifting, but not quite. her body can take any shape but cannot take the form of another. she can also move unnaturally fast, at jerky paces, but can't see what she's doing when she's moving that fast. also, light hurts her, artificial or natural. are these powers okay with you?

also, tama sort of looks like this- she has loads of eyes, and her flesh is melty and mouldable. no eyes on the claws though.
Those powers seem very reasonable. It would be awesome if you could brainstorm ways a corrupt medical corporation would possibly use her power. More information on the corporation will be posted today.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan

I have a good amount of plans to move the plot forward featuring our villain over the next couple days. I can promise at the very least one post per day but I will not double post in the RP.

Thank you all for participating and for your intriguing creativity :)

Ok, so here are what I found AV’s powers to be

-Able to absorb elements and matter, and take their abilities
-able to change its state of matter between liquid and solid(the orb and the liquid)
-able to shield others from harmful attacks

The drawbacks, however:
-absorbable elements and matter have to be loose, like shaken snow or a leaf, meaning he can’t just absorb the ground or a structure. Elements also have their own drawbacks, like how even though he can absorb iron for example, he could sustain more hits, but he’d be heavier and move slower.
-can still be harmed in both states of matter, and he can’t just continue swapping between them
-he needs an excessive amount of matter to be able to shield everyone again

There’s his powers, If you’d like me to change anything, then tell me. I’m open to any suggestions you may throw at me. : )

Ok, so here are what I found AV’s powers to be

-Able to absorb elements and matter, and take their abilities
-able to change its state of matter between liquid and solid(the orb and the liquid)
-able to shield others from harmful attacks

The drawbacks, however:
-absorbable elements and matter have to be loose, like shaken snow or a leaf, meaning he can’t just absorb the ground or a structure. Elements also have their own drawbacks, like how even though he can absorb iron for example, he could sustain more hits, but he’d be heavier and move slower.
-can still be harmed in both states of matter, and he can’t just continue swapping between them
-he needs an excessive amount of matter to be able to shield everyone again

There’s his powers, If you’d like me to change anything, then tell me. I’m open to any suggestions you may throw at me. : )
I like it! Very reasonable and perfect for this RP. Also think about how the corporation would use a creature like you.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Damn, this looks neat but it's closed, I guess I'll just watch the thread, seems better to just let the plot flow and not ram in a new character. Just realized, I was gonna make a rp similar to this but I'd feel like I'm copying, just gonna do it anyway, I'll give you credit for the idea.

Last edited:
Damn, this looks neat but it's closed, I guess I'll just watch the thread, seems better to just let the plot flow and not ram in a new character. Just realized, I was gonna make a rp similar to this but I'd feel like I'm copying, just gonna do it anyway, I'll give you credit for the idea.

Depending on how long this RP lasts there may be opportunities for late joins in the future. I can't take full credit for a lot of these themes. I basically mashed up some of my favorite books with pokemon; The Unwind Dystology and Jurassic Park. It's a really fun subject, hope you have fun with your RP :)

Last edited:
"Third person, huh? I talk pretty ssscrewy too, so I guess we have something in common.
ebony claws slithering from under the cloth
he was slithering on low grasses
Nix and Tama have quite a bit in common, don't they?

I voted for the second option in the poll, but knowing how wilderness works, things might end up like in the other RP you and I are involved in @The Quiet Zubat and we'd be scrambling to fill the void with something new each time we run out of things to do, making the RP go way too fast. But at the same time, I don't think we should be captured and brought to Site B just yet without tasting freedom and actually seeing the world outside, because we basically don't know anything at this point.​

Nix and Tama have quite a bit in common, don't they?

I voted for the second option in the poll, but knowing how wilderness works, things might end up like in the other RP you and I are involved in @The Quiet Zubat and we'd be scrambling to fill the void with something new each time we run out of things to do, making the RP go way too fast. But at the same time, I don't think we should be captured and brought to Site B just yet without tasting freedom and actually seeing the world outside, because we basically don't know anything at this point.​
I like the points you've made. There is definitely a danger of going too fast especially when there's so much going on. The last RP was fun but too much happened in too little writing and it seemed like the antagonist was everywhere at once for the sake of moving on with the plot.

I agree that for now we wait on Site B. The upcoming battle will reveal a lot about our individual characters and it could take some time to process that.

"Smells...smells so good, I-I want.." Flufski almost immediately caught the scent of the packages falling through the air and seeing that Salamence eat one confirmed their thoughts that food was literally falling right out of the sky. "Challenge..m-monster. Win food." Flufski shivered with excitement and looked to his friends, hoping they'd follow. They took off, moving like a running Oranguru.
Flufski tried to hide by digging underground but was only partly successful as his white fur was singed black.
Are you using different pronouns to show that Flufski is slowly discovering their gender identity?
He gracefully caught the falling package in his mouth, crunched hard, and swallowed, letting out a triumphant, theatrical roar.
If those are cardboard boxes falling from the sky and you still want to jump in, be careful XD @Captain Cardboard

Hey, TQZ. I stopped replying here because I got extremely busy, both in real life and with other RP's. Nowadays I struggle to post on all of them, since I have finals coming up and essays I'm trying to get done.

All my RP's from July are coming back all at once (because it's comeback season), but I'll won't cut this one loose. Expect replies, but slow ones. Once every 4 days at best.

It is definitely comeback season haha. No worries on the pace of replies, glad ya'll are still interested in the RP. I'll be really busy with school and work for the next 3 weeks or so.

I'm going to reopen the RP to newcomers.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
So, guess I will too, if I can. Do you know how I should?
EDIT: We could have the new arrivals be in tubes in a hidden location, possibly, I'm not sure, just giving ideas.

Last edited:
New arrivals will have a great opportunity to jump in after I edit my most recent post with the main antagonist revisiting the destroyed lab site as well as returning to Site B to catalog those test subjects who didn't initially escape. Just need to add another paragraph or two this evening.