• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Team Wyvern:Generation Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abi and Archie stood up upon receiving their orders. They followed the others off of the ship. "We'll take Pallet Town. The home town of Red and Blue, as well as Professor Oak's lab, being lost should speak volumes. Any objections?" She asked, looking to her comrades. "If not, then I'm ready to go. How about you, Archie?" Her partner gave a howl of approval.

Hailey thought about her decision for a moment. "I'll go for Celadon City." I've heard about their Game Corner. It was run by Team Rocket. Surely there's a trace of them there. Hailey looked over at Eclipse, her Haxorus. The large dragon-type titled their head. Mist, Hailey's Sylveon rested on Eclipse's back. "Think Celadon's a good place?" Fang nodded, but her other Pokémon seemed to remain silent. "We're still going anyway, it's our job."

Ivan walked around the base aimlessly until he arrived at the place Solis and Zoe were. He was confused on how he got there. "Sorry sir, I don't know how I got here. I'll show myself out and help out with taking care of the mission." He was going to walk out until he remembered something. "Wait we're after team rocket right? So should we also look in the Jotho Region that is right next to Kanto? I think I heard they had a base in Mahogany Town." Ivan said scratching his head.

Afton was getting ready. After the presentation, he decided to go to his room. "I need to cause a good first impression..." He said as he put his white coat while he was looking at a mirror. One of his pokeballs started to agitate intensely. He caught it and opened it. From it, a Porygon-Z. "Talos, I know that you don't like to be there, but I can't risk nothing today." The Porygon-Z looked at him sadly. After a few moments, Afton approached him and started to pet him. "Look, let's make a deal, right? You behave yourself, not manipulate nothing or do something risky, and you can stay out of the Pokeball whenever you want, but if..." Talos started to move happily along the room. Afton stopped talking. He knew that he was not going to hear him at all after what he said; he trusted his Pokemon and expected that it would do nothing that both could regret of later. He finished wearing his coat, then, combed a little, took his tablet and backpack and went started to search for Solis, with Talos following him.
After a quarter an hour, he finally found Solis. He turned around and whispered to Talos: "Ok, listen. You see them? I don't want to look intimidating or nothing with you, but they offered us this opportunity and we must not lose it, right? So please, behave yourself now." The Porygon-Z was a little confused, but it looked like he understood what Afton told him. Afton cleared his throat a bit and approach to the group. "Hello! I'm Afton, and I am the new researcher; and this is one of my Pokemon. It's called Talos." Afton said, presenting himself and one of his Pokemon. Meanwhile, Talos started to look to the room where they were, shaking his head occasionally.

"Correct, best to end the problem before it starts, right? Taking down Team Rocket once and for all would make sure they don't come back to haunt us, and I just happen to dislike their practices in a whole too." Solis said to Ivan. "Orion will show the way to where the others are meeting, you two just follow him there. Then you should receive a Holo-Lens, then that will help you navigate around." Now to both of the members.

Solis now had found his assistant, well, his assistant found him. Orion turned around to him, wanting to get a glance before leaving to go on the mission. The man seemed unthreatening enough, so Orion didn't pay much attention to him after that point.

"So you are the researcher that I happened to hire. Welcome to Team Wyvern. You happen to work with a Porygon? That actually might be a bit helpful. We technically don't have a master protocol for the Holo-devices, so a Porygon would be quite useful. Sorry, I don’t mean to rant, now for the reason I hired you, we can’t exactly discuss this in public…”

"Uh... Ok." Afton said. "I'll wait for you in the hallway then and we'll talk about it later." The Porygon, meanwhile, kept looking to all the new people and Pokemon in the room. But, without any doubt, Talos looked very interested in the Holo-Boards. He was very tempted in playing with those artifacts, but he stayed in the place, looking impatient, as always did. Afton had one too, but he preferred not to use it, at least for the moment. Instead, he was using a tablet at that moment. He had his personal archives there; and he bought it some years ago, even before they went out of Unova for the first time. It became a part of his life, and, in some way, he preferred that it continued that way.

Afton pointed to the door, slightly, with the head, as he made an almost unperceivable sound, but enough loud for Talos to notice it. Afton was going out of the room, but Talos was not moving. He was looking now to Orion, probably thinking about doing something with his earpiece. Afton whistled and Talos approached him quickly. Both of them stayed in the hallway. "It looks like you are going to be very useful here too", Afton said as he bent and petted Talos. The Porygon-Z just received his master with happiness, emitting some sort of cybernetic sound, and shouted "Poory".

“Alright Orion, show them the way, I’ll try to get their feed to see what tey are doing, so don’t do anything rash,” Solis said. He pets Orion on the head and ruffled his fur around. Orion seemed a bit irritated but accepted it anyway.

Solis then left and walked down to where Afton was. While walking down, he pressed a button on his belt that was evident of a Pokeball, and a Salazzle came out. She came out yawning, stretching her arms, and looking around a bit. She then realized that she was in the base. She looked at Afton, and then to the Porygon.

“So, you have heard of Delta Species? Pokemon that have different typing than normal is the gist of it. Well...that is my goal, to create a new race of Dragons, Delta Dragons. It’s surprising that Attor here isn’t a dragon, instead, she is Fire and Poison. Would you be willing to help me achieve my dream?

As Blue Gave The Kid A New Onix, And A Eevee, Soan Stepped out of the Shadows, and Said
"Well well well, Look Who we Have Here, Blue, A Former Champion, Turned WEAK gym leader." To Which Blue Replied
"How DARE you Insult Me, And I'm Guessing You Are The One Who took This Boy's Onix?"
"Well DUh! And Blue, I Challenge You, 'Friendly Battle Style' 3v3."
"UGH! FINE! GO, Arcanine!"
"ARCANINE!"
"Go, NOM!"
"GARCHOMP!"
"NOM! USE DRAGON CLAW!"

Afton stood, looking to the Salazzle. Then, he remembered something. He unlocked his tablet and searched something on it. A few moments later, he closed it. "The truth is that I've read some researches about that, but I've never seen any results. Anyways, I like the idea... A lot. Don't have any doubt that I and my Pokemons will help you achieving it." Afton said as he cleaned his safety glasses. Meanwhile, Talos approached Attor, and was moving around her, just like if the Porygon-Z was offering her playing a game.

"I have some ideas of how to get started. From my point of view, there are two ways of achieving something like that: a forced type-change, that may be more complex, or a genetical modification. And since gene therapy has become sophisticated and offers a safe procedure, I propose to start from there". Continued Afton. He had a doctorate in physics, but he also had a good formation in biology. "I remember that I read something a few weeks ago that may be useful now." Afton opened his tablet again and started typing and touching its screen. "I may need some minutes, I should find it in a few minutes... If I remember where I saved it..."

Some minutes passed. "I can't find it right now, but it's just a problem of time" Continued Afton. "I know that you are busy, so... If you want I can accompany you and just inform of what I find". Meanwhile, Talos was Atton, looking entertained. At least, while Talos was busy with other Pokemon, he couldn't play with the informatic systems of the ship.

"I'm here..." Lyren sighed, Walking into the base with Noivern and Goodra behind him, Grunts cowering as he walked past, Some trying to act 'Tough' but ultimately backing up, Arriving at his "Office", He opened the door and noticed someone seated in his place, A long-running admin in Team Wyvern "Shulk Devlin, Great to see you when I get back from destroying another Gym, What do you want?" Lyren asked, Turning on the light, A small fire igniting in an orb inside a Model Rayquaza on the wall "I want nothing but I have something to give you" Shulk said, His Lycanroc sitting in the corner "The idiot Scientist "Solis" has been controlling Team Wyvern while you were gone, Apparently our orders are to eradicate the remainders of Team Rocket" Shulk added, Standing up out of Lyren's Chair "Interesting, I'll need all Team Wyvern members back now and into the meeting hall and get Plumeria and Courtney in here, I need to find out if either of them has the Red or Blue orb" Lyren finished, Sitting in his chair and watching Shulk leave with a smile, A unwelcoming smile.....

Stepping off an Altaria which Zailia had asked to help her to get into the airship, it flew away, humming quietly. She walked forward, down the stairs, and towards an office near the back. On the way, she stumbled over a partially ajar door, and fell onto a man, witg what looked like a Goodra behind him

Lyren noticed that a grunt stumbled onto him, Noivern growling at her "Noiiiii VERN!" It yelled, Echoing through the room "What....Do you want?" Lyren asked, Looking at the grunt with Noivern completely ready to attack

"Sorry! I just tripped over." Zailia's pokeball shook momentarily, releasing a Sylveon, who helped pull her back to her feet. "Thanks, Gleam."

"It's perfectly fine, I had it happen a couple of times to me when I was a Grunt of Team Aqua" Lyren chuckled, Watching as his Goodra walked up to him with a Level ball "Is that Sylveon your only Pokemon?" Lyren asked, Taking the Level ball out of Goodra's hand

Zoe had heard Lyren's annoucement and immediately set off "Sorry Solis! Gotta go Lyren is calling!"She went out the door, seemingly dropping a badge case of Kanto with all 8 badges inside it and a normal Pokeball except it wasn't enlarged yet there was dust on it like it haven't been used for ages...

Ivan saw Zoe drop her things. He went over to pick them up. "Miss Zoe you dropped these." He tried to call the admin but she was already gone. Ivan looked at the items that were dropped. "All 8 Kanto badges. Wow miss Zoe is a really talented trainer." He said to himself. He looked at the dusty poke ball and decided not to open it. "Better get these back to her." He said as he started running down the halls.

"Yes, it's just me and her. We're solos, since I'm not really one for catching Pokemon. Hey, what's that?" Zailia asked, looking at the pokeball in his hand

"It's a Level Ball, It contains a Haxourus, I caught him yesterday while I was getting ready to destroy that Weakling Janine's gym, It can be yours if you do something for me" Lyren chuckled, Extending the arm that was holding the Level Ball "I need you to watch Solis, Can you do that?" Lyren asked "I might even add a promotion to Admin...."

"I'm not sure why you trust somebody who just joint the team, but sure. Who is Solis? I should be able to find him."

Since Afton was Solis' assistant, he decided to stay with him, at least for now. He was sure that together they could achieve big things... Truly big things. He was happy for joining Team Wyvern, at least it was the only organization that gave him a chance, and he was determined to do it for the name of the organization. He kept looking for the article he needed, but he couldn't find it. "Talos! Time to work!"

He opened his backpack and took a strange device, connecting it to the computer, and a small communicator. Talos quickly approached him and was surrounded by a light coming from the device that the Porygon-Z had in his chest and was captured by the device connected to his tablet. "It's a device I am creating. It doesn't have a name yet, but it helps Porygon-Z to enter into informatic systems and also, I can communicate with him meanwhile he is exploring the systems.". Then, he took a look at his tablet and started to talk with the communicator. "No... It should be around there... No! That program is the antivirus! Don't touch it!... We are looking for a document about genetics." Some minutes later, a light appeared again, and so did Talos. "Good job!". Afton kneeled and gave Talos a Pokepuff.

Then, he talked to Solis again, calmly and in a very low tone. "This is the document I was looking for. It's all about a recent discovery of Pokemon Genetics. It is said that there are some regions of the DNA that indicate the type of a Pokemon. If we are able to add the sequence of DNA that adds the attribute "Dragon type", or eliminate a previous one and added it, then, we could have some Delta Dragons. Secondary effects should be nulled or minor, due to changes in transcription and expression of other genes. Maybe some physical changes, color changes... Only that"

"Sir, I'm here!" Zoe saluted to Lyren and put her hands at ease "Oh, Is this one of the new grunts?"She said looking at the girl withthe Sylveon "Welcome to Team Wyvern then!" She greeted her and looked back to Lyren "I'm guessing this is about Solis isn't it?"

Afton continued: "We have the technology, so Delta Dragons won't be a problem, at least, it's what I think". Afton looked at his watch. "I'll investigate the safer ways to achieve it. I'll be in the laboratory, in case you need me". Said to Solis. Then, Afton made a signal to his Porygon-Z to follow him. Talos followed him without hesitation.

Afton found the laboratory with no problem, thanks to the Holo-Board. Most of the ship was very silent, probably due to the actual mission. He wasn't very informed about it, but it was not of his business neither. He was a researcher, and he only had to help with the investigations he was told. "Well, this Holo-Board is surely an interesting device. I could get used to it..." Afton told to Talos. But it looked like if the Porygon-Z was more entertained looking to the devices, screens and other stuff the laboratory had. "Ok, just be sure not to touch nothing..." Then, Afton sat in a chair and used his tablet, starting to search for more articles that could be used for their investigation.

Zoe turned back to Zailia "Zoe... My name is Zoe" She said with a smile her calm eyes quickly widened "Oh wait were suppose to meet in the meeting hall right? Ill wait for you there!" Zoe ran outside the door "Wait where is it ag-" She bumped into Ivan who was looking for her "Oh Sorry... Oh my Badge Case! thanks for bringing me this..." She grabbed the case put it in an inner pocket in her trench coat and began scratching her head "Can you ummm show me to the Meeting hall... Im lost again" She asked Ivan whilst scracthing her head

Ivan fell when Zoe ran into him. "Oh hey there miss Zoe." He looked around. "Yeah the meeting hall was... Bolt where was is?" He said sending out Bolt. The Rotom giggled and zoomed off. "Quick follow him." Ivan said running after Bolt.

"Huh? Meeting hall? I suppose we'd better follow them. Let's go!" Zailia ran after the other two, with her Sylveon's feelers streaming behind her as she ran after the girl.

"Alright!" Zoe ran after the Rotom curiosly looking at all the rooms they were passing by "Hey slow down!" She panted between each word obviously tired from the running around but hey who could stop that Rotom from causing more trouble

Last edited:
In some minutes, Afton had researched articles that may be interesting for their project. He was going to continue investigating, but he felt thirsty. He looked at Talos, and then, he signed off session in his computer and stood, approaching to the Porygon-Z. "Listen, I'm going to get some drink. You can stay here as long as you stay calm without touching nothing, right?" Talos just said "Pory...", looking disappointed. Afton took that exactly just like an "Alright" and left the laboratory.
Some minutes later, Afton was drinking a cola that had acquired in a vending machine and was walking through the hallways, returning to his laboratory. But when he was going to go through an intersection, a Rotom appeared (can I say running?), almost bumping against Afton, but enough close to making him drop the refreshment. "What the...? I didn't expect that!" Said, looking as the Rotom started to move away, while Afton was trying to clean his shirt with a tissue.

Ivan stopped in front of Afton. "I'm sorry sir. Bolt come back here and apologize too!" He called. The Rotom heard I van and floated back with a sad expression. "Come on Bolt, you can't just do whatever you want." Ivan said.

"Afton" He said. "I've never liked formalisms". Afton was smiling, still trying to clean his shirt as good as he could. "And don't worry for this. There is no need to apologize. Accidents just happen, I suppose. Anyway, I'm new around here. I'm actually a researcher. You know... Lab stuff. In fact, I was going now to keep with a research I was doing, but I guess that I should be going to my room and change this shirt Where are you going? I suppose I can accompany you."

"Miss Zoe and I are trying to get to the meeting hall but we don't know the way. Bolt here was showing us the way to go before he bumped into you sir." Ivan explained.

"Oh... I see..." Afton said. Then, he took his Holo Board and projected a map. He showed them their actual position. "You are right here if I am not wrong. So..." He stood silently some seconds, looking to the map. "Eh... Yeah, this is the meeting hall, so you just have to go this way." Afton said as he traced the route they had to follow in the projection.

"Alright Afton... Thanks." Zoe ran to wherever the projection lead probably the meeting hall like Afton said she stopped for a moment "IVAN YOU COMING OR NOT? LYREN SAID TO MEET US THERE" She shouted and started running again

Afton laughed a little. "You are welcome" He decided to go to his room and change his clothes. Some minutes later, he was there. In the meantime, he was thinking about the possibilities of the research he was asked for. "Being able to manipulate the genes of some Pokemon may open a totally new world of possibilities. Not only for the organization but for the combats, the exhibitions..." Some minutes have passed until he decided which shirt he was going to wear. He chose a shirt striped with vertical blue lines. He was thinking in the Rotom he saw before. "I know that some Pokemon may be a little naughty... Well, it's just their nature. In a certain way, it reminds me of..." A horrible thought stroke him at that moment. "TALOS!!" Afton left his Porygon all alone in a laboratory full of technological and fragile stuff. He went out of his room and started to hurry, going all the way to the laboratory.

Ivan caught up with Zoe while holding Bolt in his arms. "Wait for me." he called. After running for awhile. Ivan arrived at the meeting hall. "So do we just wait here?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess so..." Zoe was about to open the door until Afton rushed passed her "What the!" Zoe didn't hesitate to run after Afton she knew something was wrong just looking at the face she catched up with him at the Laboratory "Afton what's going on?"

"Eh... Or nothing important... Or something quite messy" Afton explained while he was running. "One of my Pokemon is a Porygon-Z. Those Pokemons can interact with electronic devices. My Porygon-Z, Talos, is a little... Special. Talos doesn't like to stay in its Pokeball, and when is there, normally he is always disturbing. What's more, he can use a special device that I made for him to make easier the infiltrations in computers, servers... That stuff. I decided to leave Talos alone in the laboratory meanwhile I was going out for the cola. And you know... A couple of minutes is OK, but now I am afraid of what Talos could have done in my absence."

A couple of minutes later, they reached the laboratory. Everything was exactly as it was before Afton went out, but Talos was not there. Afton panted, feeling a little released. "At least he didn't touch the electronic devices around here. It could have been worse..." Then, Afton examined the room looking for his Pokemon, but the results were disappointing. Afton looked at his laptop.: a dim, more or less pink, light flickered from time to time. Afton started to smile, slightly. "He... I got you".

"What in Helix's name is going on with that?" Zoe began pressing buttons on the laptop randomly "How can fix this? Can you fix this? I think there's a Porygon in there..." Zoe still was pressing buttons on the laptop but then stopped and looked at Afton "Nice shirt..."

Afton blushed a little. "Th...Thanks... I bought it during one of my journeys to Kalos". He took a projector, pointed it to a white wall and connected it to his laptop. Then, he continued talking "Yeah, sure. It's nothing I hadn't faced before. It's very usual in Talos. At least, is recomforting the fact that he had not touched anything important. I mean... It's my laptop. He has been there many times before. I would be more worried if he would have explored any other computer of this ship. Let's just say that Talos is very curious."

Afton opened his computer and logged in with his account. Then, in the projector could be seen Talos playing Minesweeper. "Oh... He was just bored". Talos looked distracted with the game itself, completely oblivious from the outside world. "Do you want me to tease him?"

Status
Not open for further replies.