• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Team Industria sign-ups

Timeskip to Solaceon

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, so a quick summary of that post for those who didn't want to read all the text;

• Claire used her Cyndaquil to ignite the smoke and create a smoke explosion.
  • Under the smokescreen, Mareep blew open one of the vents and Cottonee slipped into the Lab.
  • Mareep reapplied the Cotton spores and then used tackle to jiggle the windows shut.
  • Riolu was intercepted by Mienfoo, who's attack had been boosted by Meditate which she'd been using since my last post. How you make of that clash is up to you, @Red Gallade
  • Cottonee used Stun Spore to fill the vents with spores, followed by Fairy Wind to diffuse the spores rapidly throughout the Lab.
Most of this took place in around the same time, so I'm open to the argument that the windows couldn't all have been closed before the Stun spore was released. That being said though, you first need to detect the spores against the odds before you can even deal with them. With Riolu outside, I guess your best bet for detecting the spores is Arcanine but its nose is probably clogged up by the smell of soot coming from the Smokescreen and the explosions.

I'm open to more discussion about how you deal with this though.

Alright, so a quick summary of that post for those who didn't want to read all the text;

• Claire used her Cyndaquil to ignite the smoke and create a smoke explosion.
  • Under the smokescreen, Mareep blew open one of the vents and Cottonee slipped into the Lab.
  • Mareep reapplied the Cotton spores and then used tackle to jiggle the windows shut.
  • Riolu was intercepted by Mienfoo, who's attack had been boosted by Meditate which she'd been using since my last post. How you make of that clash is up to you, @Red Gallade
  • Cottonee used Stun Spore to fill the vents with spores, followed by Fairy Wind to diffuse the spores rapidly throughout the Lab.
Most of this took place in around the same time, so I'm open to the argument that the windows couldn't all have been closed before the Stun spore was released. That being said though, you first need to detect the spores against the odds before you can even deal with them. With Riolu outside, I guess your best bet for detecting the spores is Arcanine but its nose is probably clogged up by the smell of soot coming from the Smokescreen and the explosions.

I'm open to more discussion about how you deal with this though.
I am not even surprised that this happened, but that doesn't mean I'll go down without a fight

I am not even surprised that this happened, but that doesn't mean I'll go down without a fight
Fight you must! Fight you may! By the way, following simple logic most of the humans would get taken out before the pokemon since Humans are taller and would be closer to the Vents.

The first to get hit would probably Honchkrow, followed by Arcanine (1.9m tall), then the humans, followed by the shorter pokemon.

Fight you must! Fight you may! By the way, following simple logic most of the humans would get taken out before the pokemon since Humans are taller and would be closer to the Vents.

The first to get hit would probably Honchkrow, followed by Arcanine (1.9m tall), then the humans, followed by the shorter pokemon.
I might have a way to counter this, but I'm not too sure about it. Can someone move after being hit by Stun Spore and how long will the spores stay in the air?

I don't know about the argument about Arcanine's nose being clogged up. It's debateable because it's a fire type after all
Soot is still soot, being a fire type doesn't mean it cant smell soot :v I digress though, I totally want Arcanine to find the spores by smell.

Because If it detects it, then it breathed it in as well, it follows that its now out of the fight. So I mean, either way its a win for me.

Since Honchkrow got his first, you also no longer have a Flying type readily available to disperse the spores. By the time Arcanine smells the Spores Honchkrow would've breathed in lung-fulls.

I might have a way to counter this, but I'm not too sure about it. Can someone move after being hit by Stun Spore and how long will the spores stay in the air?
They can move yes, I'm going based on vague memory of the Johto anime where Pikachu got hit with a Stun Spore and came down with a high fever.

It doesn't immediately petrify you or anything, but anyone who breathes it in is gonna be pretty unsteady on their feet, and should probably seek medical attention.

But I mean if you wanna fight Claire for longer instead of getting help for all those lab aides in other rooms who'll probably be down with high fever...then by all means :D

Soot is still soot, being a fire type doesn't mean it cant smell soot :v I digress though, I totally want Arcanine to find the spores by smell.

Because If it detects it, then it breathed it in as well, it follows that its now out of the fight. So I mean, either way its a win for me.

Since Honchkrow got his first, you also no longer have a Flying type readily available to disperse the spores. By the time Arcanine smells the Spores Honchkrow would've breathed in lung-fulls.
I don't know the biology of a Fire type so i guess we'll go with your interpretation? xD

I don't know the biology of a Fire type so i guess we'll go with your interpretation? xD
I mean...it's a dog? I figure it's biology isn't radically different or anything.

I mean, Slugma is a pile of Lava and it can get affected by stun spore (through some mystical means), so..?

Well, I'm not sure how this biology argument is gonna work out, but if you've got a convincing argument I'll at least hear you out.

I mean...it's a dog? I figure it's biology isn't radically different or anything.

I mean, Slugma is a pile of Lava and it can get affected by stun spore (through some mystical means), so..?

Well, I'm not sure how this biology argument is gonna work out, but if you've got a convincing argument I'll at least hear you out.
I wasn't talking about the spores. I meant the soot. It's possible that it might not get affected by it since it's fire type. But as i said, i don't know their biology so you might be right :?

I wasn't talking about the spores. I meant the soot. It's possible that it might not get affected by it since it's fire type. But as i said, i don't know their biology so you might be right :?
Perhaps...

I'm open to that argument, but that brings up another issue for you guys.

Say Arcanine isn't affected by the soot, it still doesn't have a way of readily dispersing the spores. That means most of the humans, who'll only be inches shorter than Arcanine at best -inches that will be covered by Fairy wind, and by extension the spores in a matter of seconds-, will still get hit by the spores.

I don't know how accurate my post is gonna be so feel free to critizise me on it :p

And sorry that it's so bad. Had no idea how to make the post
Well that was certainly one way to deal with it. I was going based off the character sheet on the first so I completely forgot about Umbreon.

My only critcism, would be that while Arcanine might not be affected by the soot, Isakson most definitely would be.

I digress though, you balanced it out nicely with the 'heal bell can't affect tth humans' part, and I can live with that compromise.

Eh, since when '-'

Tsk, would've been nice to know that earlier. Limited number of moves puts a real damper on what I can do.

That would mean I'd already filled all four slots for Mareep, and I wasted one on Tackle :T
It causes problems for me too. I have four moves for my Umbreon planned already but aside from Psychic and one more move, his moveset isn't all that great for battling. And i have to rethink Absol's moveset a little. But i will have to keep Razor Wind for him

I had an idea with disguising the Pokéballs, but I don't mind the outcome. That timing is perfect though
Lmao, that's exactly what I couldn't allow. I don't have enough alternate plans for second, third, or fourth attempts at stealing the starters. Had to nab them on the first go, else I would've been in a bit of a pickle.

Truthfully though, you should've done all this before Claire arrived, not during the middle of the battle.

Lmao, that's exactly what I couldn't allow. I don't have enough alternate plans for second, third, or fourth attempts at stealing the starters. Had to nab them on the first go, else I would've been in a bit of a pickle.

Truthfully though, you should've done all this before Claire arrived, not during the middle of the battle.
True, but Rowan wasn't just gonna take some young punk's words at face value

I assume you say that the box is floating due to Lunar's Psychic. But he doesn't use that anymore. I stated in my post that he put the box down. He can't really use two moves at the same time