• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Super Smash Bros: Dire Hours(discussion)

What smash game had the best sound track?

• Melee

• Brawl

• 3DS

• WiiU

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread’s up! https://pokecharms.com/threads/super-smash-brothers-dire-hours.18945/

In hype for the new smash Bros game announced, I thought it would be a good idea to try an RP based on the series.

Rules: General RP rules, use already existing characters origniating from video games, only swear if your character canonically swears, and if so, keep it to a minimum. You are allowed up to 5 characters, given you can keep track of them all. put screw attack somewhere in your character sheet if you read the rules.

Character sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Game(s) they appear in:
Moveset(optional):
Other:

BOTW Link, 1
Ganondorf, 2
Skull Kid 3
Sonic 4
Eggman 5
Mario 6
Bowser 7
Funky Kong 8
Sora 9
Samus 10
Takumi 11
Shovel Knight 12
Sans 13
Black Knight 14
Corrin 15
Shulk 16
Dunban 17
Amaterasu 18
Shantae 19
Bayonetta 20
Pikachu 21
Big Daddy(and litttle sister) 22
Bomberman 23
Phoenix Wright 24
Kirby 25
Gunvolt 26
Copen 27
Rex 28

Examples:

Name: Link
Appearance: Medium length, blonde hair, and a blue tunic with beige pants. Wields the master sword, traveler’s shield, and falcon bow
Game(s) they appear in: Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Moveset(optional): bow attack(neutral), Flurry Rush(side), Ice Pillar(down), Bomb Recoil(recovery), Guardian Barrage(Final Smash)
Other: I don’t need to put in screw attack if I made the rules

Name: Funky Kong
Appearance: almost identical to Donkey Kong, though he wears a tank top, shades, and a bandanna. Usually seen with a surfboard.
Game(s)they appear in: Donkey Kong Country
Moveset(optional):Coconut Gun(neutral), Bike Dash(side), Konga Smash(down), Squawks(recovery), Surfs Up!(Final Smash)
Other: Walnuts, Peanuts, Pinapple Smells, Grapes, Melons, Oranges And Coconut Shells

Last edited:
So, can we use characters who have not appeared in a Smash game? I'm not saying I'll pull Goku in or anything but a reasonable non-canon character?

Neat!

Character Sheet
Name: Sora
Appearance: Spiky brown hair with blue eyes. Wears a black and silver outfit with baggy pants and large shoes using many zippers and extra leggings and a crown necklace.
Game(s) they appear in: Kingdom Hearts Series
Moveset: Strike Raid, Flowmotion, Aerial Recovery, Command Deck. Trinity Limit (Final Smash)
Other: Sora should have been in instead of Cloud from the beginning.

Character Sheet #2
Name: Samus Aran
Appearance: A blonde haired girl, tied in a ponytail, with a blue skin-tight suit. Has jet boots and a laser gun, though all this is obscured by an orange power suit she wears, complete with a helmet and arm cannon, that she wears for missions and jobs.
Game(s) they appear in: Metroid Series
Moveset: Charge Shot, Missile, Screw Attack, Bomb. Zero Laser (Final Smash)
Other: Best Smash girl. Screw attack for days.

Character Sheet #3
Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
Appearance: A blue bipedal hedgehog with white gloves and red & white shoes.
Game(s) they appear in: Sonic the Hedgehog Series
Moveset: Homing Attack, Spin Dash, Spring Jump, Spin Charge. Super Sonic (Final Smash)
Other: Anyone got a chilly-dog?

Last edited:
Name: Takumi
Apearance: Long gray hair, blue, gray and red Archer clothes. Wields the divine bow Fujin Yumi
Game(s): Fire Emblem: Fates
Moveset: Close Counter, Astra, Point Blank, . Final Smash: Duplicate
Other: Skrew Attack

Name: Shovel Knight
Apeareance: Blue Knight armor, wields Shovel
Game(s): Shovel Knight
Other: Skrew Attack

Name: Sans
Appearance: A teenage boy sized skeleton with blank eyes. (Unless in battle, where they turn bright blue) He wears a pair of grey slacks and a dark blue hoodie.
Game(s) they appear in: Undertail
Moveset(optional): Gaster Blaster(basic) Bone blast, Bone shot, gravity flip, teleport, Gaster Blaster Supreme(final smash)
Other: Skrew Attack, use items.

Name: Big Daddy and Little Sister
Appearance: Big Daddy is a large robotic suit with a round grate protecting it's inside with a large fist for a left hand, and a drill as a right hand. Little sister is a little girl with blood red eyes and a white hospital dress. She carries an extremely large syringe.
Game(s) they appear in: Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock 3, Bioshock Legacy
Other: Tag team like Ice Climbers.

Last edited:
TIL that there is a Kingdom Hearts manga XD

No, I was not aware of that. I mean I could make a guess given a lot of Japanese media get manga spinoffs but nothing more than a guess.

I mean everyone is given exposure to it from different ways, nothing wrong with that, but the manga spinoff is a unique introduction to the series.

Subspace Emissary 2.0? XD

Maybe there could be some...mystery figure who is handing out invites to the Smash Mansion, who wants to have a Smash Tournament or something but that could be a ruse for something much darker...and more nefarious.

That could be one part of it, and if we want to expand past just the Tournament to the travel between worlds idea he could also use this chance to remove each world's "champions" from their home to send his forces in to conquer it..or something XD

No doubt about it, someone who would present himself as a charming and charismatic guy but in truth was self serving and power hungry. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Oh I just presumed the main bad guy would be some OC, like Tabuu in Smash Brothers Brawl, who might have been allied with villains of other games.

Though if you want to use either one of them, or someone else from a different game, as a villain that works just as well.

I mean, if you want to design a completely new character, go right ahead. I was just trying to take the easy route, but if someone designs a suitable villain I’d totally be down to OC it up.

I can always make the OC, and for future reference if we need more characters and lack the RPer numbers I can add more characters to it.

I was also thinking he could have Master Hand prisoner and feed off his power to start with, perhaps later the characters could find and free him to make an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" or something. Just a role for the OG Smash Villain beyond just getting one upped & killed by the new guy (The one thing I disliked in Brawl's story.)

Villain OC Proposal #1

Name: Sebastian Grimsbane
Appearance: A tall, lean individual that still has an athletic build. Fair skinned with short, silver hair and black eyes. Wears a white undershirt underneath a black, buttoned up jacket and a pair of black pants with a pair of fancy black boots. Has two transformations. One is his "true" form, which is basically a black demon with a muscular build. A pair of wings and large horns along with a tail and blood red eyes. One is an augmented form that is the result of the energy taken from the Smash Contestants and Master Hand which turns him into a large dark dragon with a pair of horns in its head.
Personality: Presents himself as a sophisticated, respectful and classy individual. A mere gentleman who is fascinated by the Smash Contestants and their capabilities and is not one to hide his praise and even support of them; which adds to his charming and persuasive nature. In truth all of this is a mask to hide what he really; a cold and calculating individual without an ounce of remorse and who only desires the power of the Smash Contestants and will stop at nothing to see his ambitions are made a reality.

Last edited:
Hm, been a while since I was in a Smash RP.

Name: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
Appearance: His modern outfit, but he rides in his mech from Sonic Adventure 2.
Game(s) they appear in: The Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Moveset(optional): Egg-Mobile Flight (Up-Special), Overloaded Charge (Side-Special), Egg-Laser (Neutral-Special), Egg Bomb (Down-Special), Death Egg Robot (Final Smash)
Other: HE IS THE EGGMAN, HE'S GOT THE MASTER screw attack

Name: Shulk
Appearance: Shulk's default outfit, though he can change his clothes depending on the situation. He also carries the True Monado instead of the regular Monado.
Game(s) they appear in: Xenoblade Chronicles (the original)
Moveset(optional): Air Slash (Up-Special), Back Slash (Side-Special), Monado Arts (Neutral-Special), Vision (Down-Special), Chain Attack [with Reyn and Fiora] (Final Smash)
Other: Is able to see the future in short glimpses, warning him of coming danger.

Name: Okami Amaterasu
Appearance: Her appearance from Okami, just Smashified.
Game(s) they appear in: Okami, Okamiden (I guess...?)
Moveset(optional): Greensprout - Vine (Up-Special), Galestorm Dash (Side-Special), Power Slash (Neutral-Special), Cherry Bomb (Down-Special), Celestial Brush (Final Smash)
Other: She's the sun god, but those without celestial power or special vision will just see her as an ordinary white wolf.