• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Super Mario Bros. Super Show and LoZ coming to DVD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Found this on another forum:

Thanks to the people over at dvdtoons.com we here at GAF have learned that Sony Music is planing on releasing the Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. cartoon series on DVD on October 11th and 25th of this year respectively.

The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Series will be a 3-disc set and will retail for $29.95.

The Super Mario Brothers Super Show will be a 4-disc set and will also retail for $29.95

For those with fond memories of these shows, it is definitely something worth checking out this October.

Classic Nintendo cartoons in all their cheesy glory. My sister already has most of both series' downloaded but DVDs are better quality. I'll probably get both just for nostalgic reasons. I wonder if they'll release the Super Mario World cartoon too?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
...but.... they sucked!

Why the hell are they wasting money releasing shitty things like these on to DVD when we have fantastic shows like Angel being shut-down?

TV sucks now and those shows are just as sucky as Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity and all that other shit you can't look at a TV without being blasted with.

Nostalgic or not, anyone that wastes £20/£30 buying those things needs a hole burned through their face.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What does Angel being canned have anything to do with this? Everything is being released on to DVD, so why not these too? It's not like it's hurting anyone, and if you don't want to buy it, don't. In the end it's all relative. Not everyone loves Angel and Buffy either, and you shouldn't expect them too.

Personally, I didn't really find Mario that bad at all :?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Let's see, we have TV studios putting money into releasing DVDs of crap shows that they cancelled years ago because they were crap even then so they can get a few quick bucks from stuff they havn't had to spend money on in years.

Instead of spending money keeping GOOD shows on the air or... shock, horror, making NEW ones.

It's a gyp and a con. They feed us 'reality' TV shit on the TV, then feed us crap, old, pathetic TV on DVD.

Howsabouts making and releasing something GOOD for a change Mr TV person?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I dunno. I'm beginning to believe there's no such thing as a good "new" show, and if there is they always get canned after the first season for bad timeslots or retarded stations... Firefly anyone? >.>

If this is Sony releasing 'em I say they have the money to go around. And was Mario really canned, or did it just end? The Mario cartoon chain went on for years, just under a few different names.

I personally quite liked the Mario cartoon. But the Zelda one...well, if the above link doesn't give you a clue to how irritating it is, how about the fact that the TRIfroce had only two pieces?

Meh, you're just cranky because Doctor Who's over until Christmas, aren't you?

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
TV has been gradually declining since the mid-80s. Just take a look at the number of repeats on - and how old the episodes are. There are certain episodes of The Simpsons and Friends that I've seen so many times I practically know off by heart - and I don't even watch much TV!

You know what I miss. I miss those good old BBC nature documentary's, y'know the ones with David Attenborough etc. They were Sooo infinitly better than anything they show on discovery channel.

Apart from that the only TV I have watched lately is Spooks (first two seasons better) and John Safrans Music Jamboree. Both of which get shafted with late night timeslots here anyway.