• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Summer gaming

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whether it be games you're planning to purchase during the summer season or stuff you've not had the time to get into yet due to work, school, etc.: what games do you guys hope to play over summer?

Personally, aside from OoT 3DS there aren't many new games I'm planning to buy during summer - unless some surprise release dates spring up at E3. Instead I'm hoping to finally play some of my unplayed games and finish stuff I left hanging. This currently includes Final Fantasy XIII, Portal 2, Sonic Colors (Wii version), Radiant Historia, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Little King's Story. I also recently picked up Assassin's Creed 2, so I'm hoping to check it out sometime soon.

I've been really puttering away at Pokemon Black the past two months, so I'll either finish it off in full once summer hits or keep ambling through it over the next few weeks. I don't get off work until late June, so I've got some time to kill until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[me=LoN]has his sights set on Master League in Starcraft 2[/me]

>>

<<

Portal 2 is a possibility - I'll probably end up doing whatever most of my friends are doing. A friend of mine is coming back from uni soon, so we'll probably end up doing similar things :)

Aside from my usual game life, there's one thing I hope to do this summer:

play the beta for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The beta is supposed to come out at some point during this summer, probably in late June/July. I'm going to spend every waking hour on that wonderful thing ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I've been buying games off of Ebay for my N64 lately, so I'm gonna be playing a lot of the classics that I was too stupid of a child to have asked for.

If I get a job I'll be buying the 3DS and probably OoT at some point during the summer. Other than that I'll just be biding my time till October and Arkham City comes out so I can fangasm all over the place for hours on end and go into a coma of pure joy. :x

Also, I'll be logging more hours playing classic games with the SNES (and possibly Gamecube because you can get them for soooo damn cheap).

I'll be playing my Pokeymanz as usual. If I get a job, I'll be saving up for a 3DS as well. Hopefully by that point, the 3DS Pokemon game has been announced, and I'll do some bundle thing. I've also been planning on getting back into my PC Harry Potter Quidditch game, as well as my DS Zoo Tycoon.

Well, as mentioned, I got into a Tales hype, so I've been playing Tales of Symphonia 2 and Tales of Vesperia. Nearly done with Vesperia, not even close with DoANW. As far as Vesperia goes, it's really gotten me into the series, and has my hopes raised for the news of a localized Graces F. However, back to Vesperia, I'm having problems getting costumes.

But as for games I plan on playing, I plan on getting Okami for the Wii due to the graphic increase, several Zelda games, and maybe Disidia 012.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm gonna be playing L. A. Noire, and the Portal 2 co-op eventually. Also Chrono Trigger, and various other things.

This Summer, let it be written, that I pledge to dive into the world of Final Fantasy for the very first time. Starting with FFIII, it shall be ♥

Other than that, nothing much planned. Hopefully some console games at my friends house though :'D

My summer officially starts this friday 1st, so I think I will be playing mother 3 again, and pokemon white, I think I must also finish LBP2 I haven't played in a while...

I think I will be getting a 3ds and oot 3d soon, if not this summer on my birthday... I hope for summer.
Oh, and I will also play touhou 12.8 great fairy wars :D

Always one month before summer season, I used to collect the list of games to be played in summer. But this time I don’t think it is possible to spend this summer,by playing games, since I will be busy in school. If possible I will try to play N.A NOIRE game since this is the latest release from rockstar games. Moreover in this game there are 21 different tasks which we should solve which makes game more interesting.Its all together a different feeling while playing the games on Hdtv.looking forward to play these games.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm planning on buying Gears of War 3 upon release, so I can spend the last summer month creating massive gore fountains with a chainsaw.

Other than that, nothing new. I bought Trauma Center Second Opinion today since the game has taken my interest for a while and I managed to get a very cheap copy of the game (£4.50 cheap to be exact.) Pokemon White and League of Legends will continue onwards (Cho'gath wins) and I'm thinking of playing the Pokemon TCG Game Boy Colour game again soon. Why can't the other spin-offs be as good as that one?