• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sprites by Smoochum

Thanks for the comments/crits, you guys. :)

Here's some sprites that I've been working on. Credit goes to spriters-resource, pokesho, and me. I hope everybody likes these. :)

The background was completely scratched.
2.png
(This will be a battle scene if I ever get to make a comic.)

Here's Duplica. (I thought she needed an updated look.)
Duplica.png

This is my version of Brendan. (I think he looks kinda cute this way IMO. :))
Brendan.png

Last but not least....I know I'm not Porky Pig, but "That's All Folks"-
3.png

What does everyone think? :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Duplica looks so cool! I especially like her trainer pose!

Now make her a mugshot to complete the set!

... please? You could probably submit her for the trainer card maker... as in probably, only if you want to.

I already made her a mugshot... (I posted it here a long time ago.) Here it is again. (I edited the background just now.)
DuplicaMug.png

Thank you for liking my sprite. (I think I will post her for the TC maker.) :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
*thwacks head*

I haven't look through this thread for ages. I might've missed that, or I've just forgotten. Great!

I think that all those are great!
Haha, we all know your not Porky, but that is really nice, I like it. Have you ever considered doing Pixel art?

Edit: sorry, I'd like to make an Fr/Lg overworld request of these OW's:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/non-takeables/girlrseow.png
and if the regular battle sprite is a better ref:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/non-takeables/girl.png
Thanks a bunch, SweetSmoochum.

Woooooah! Nice background. I also like the porky pig thing. I cant do Pixel Art to save my butt. er... I tried a bulbasour Pixel Art, but... uh.... Lets not talk about that T_T

K33p 17 L337

~Slink

Hey hey! Thanks a lot, Ashley! I especially love the Rocket girl, very nice work.

I've got a couple more for ya, to do at your leisure. I want to see a butler (think Alfred from Batman), and then evil versions of Ash, Misty, and Brock. I had a fairly funny idea involving a "nega-verse" in which they are the bad guys. Last but not least, in this picture (prepare to see my spriting "skills," haha), could you do your interpretation of the black-haired girl? I don't care what the pose or costume is, but here's a character description: She's pretty, athletic, popular, very competitive... but she's not really all that bad, deep down. And I want her to have long black hair, but probably not the hair I used; it doesn't work at all. Oh, and she's half-asian, but you may or may not be able to work that in.
ipo3everyonemi5.png

Thank you so much, no pressure to get these done quickly or anything! (I'm amazed that you got the first ones done so quickly!)

I loved the episode with duplica!!! Holy Crap, you just awakened so many memories >3>
Anyway the sprites rock as usual :D
I like your version of Brendan better -hugs him-

*thwacks head*

I haven't look through this thread for ages. I might've missed that, or I've just forgotten. Great!
Thank you. :)

[quote author=4pikachu4 link=topic=3265.msg48668#msg48668 date=1203398113]
I think that all those are great!
Haha, we all know your not Porky, but that is really nice, I like it. Have you ever considered doing Pixel art?

Edit: sorry, I'd like to make an Fr/Lg overworld request of these OW's:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/non-takeables/girlrseow.png
and if the regular battle sprite is a better ref:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/non-takeables/girl.png
Thanks a bunch, SweetSmoochum.
[/quote] You're welcome. :) I have considered doing Pixel art. Here's some Pixel Stuff (I think it would be considered Pixel art) that I made in the meantime while I make your sprites:

Pixels.png
:)

[quote author=Slink link=topic=3265.msg48681#msg48681 date=1203418043]
Woooooah! Nice background. I also like the porky pig thing. I cant do Pixel Art to save my butt. er... I tried a bulbasour Pixel Art, but... uh.... Lets not talk about that T_T

K33p 17 L337

~Slink
[/quote] Thank you. :) (I also have the same background in black and white.) Practice makes perfect. :) Thanks again. :)

[quote author=joshquixote link=topic=3265.msg48705#msg48705 date=1203446829]
Hey hey! Thanks a lot, Ashley! I especially love the Rocket girl, very nice work.

I've got a couple more for ya, to do at your leisure. I want to see a butler (think Alfred from Batman), and then evil versions of Ash, Misty, and Brock. I had a fairly funny idea involving a "nega-verse" in which they are the bad guys. Last but not least, in this picture (prepare to see my spriting "skills," haha), could you do your interpretation of the black-haired girl? I don't care what the pose or costume is, but here's a character description: She's pretty, athletic, popular, very competitive... but she's not really all that bad, deep down. And I want her to have long black hair, but probably not the hair I used; it doesn't work at all. Oh, and she's half-asian, but you may or may not be able to work that in.
Thank you so much, no pressure to get these done quickly or anything! (I'm amazed that you got the first ones done so quickly!)
[/quote]

Oh you mean Alfred Pennyworth. :) Sure, I'll make everything you requested. :) Thank you for liking the punk rocket girl. :)

[quote author=diamondphantom link=topic=3265.msg48724#msg48724 date=1203460037]
I loved the episode with duplica!!! Holy Crap, you just awakened so many memories >3>
Anyway the sprites rock as usual :D
I like your version of Brendan better -hugs him-
[/quote]

Thank you. :) Duplica is one of my favorite characters on the show. (I loved that episode where they all dressed up as Team Rocket. :))

I'm going to start making the request sprites now. :) (My step-dad was yelling at me when I got home. :'( I had to wait until he left to go on the laptop.)

if your not to swamped with requests could i make another one
Of course you can. :)

Before I forget, here's 4Pikachu4's request. :) (I had to type a story for my brother so I could use the laptop sooner. He types slow.)

ForPika-1.png
I hope you like these. :)

(Edit: I almost forgot that credit goes to spriters-resource, you for the original sprite/colors, and me.)

[quote author=joshquixote link=topic=3265.msg48798#msg48798 date=1203533388]
I forgot to mention: I also love the Duplica ones, she was one of my favorite bit characters. *saves*
[/quote] Thank you. (Mine, too.) I'm close to being done with your requested sprites. (Hopefully, I'll be able to post them tomorrow. :))

[quote author=perfect-chao link=topic=3265.msg48799#msg48799 date=1203534307]
wow i missed loads these are all great i cant decide which i like more so hard to choose
[/quote] Thank you. :)

[quote author=Oak link=topic=3265.msg48960#msg48960 date=1203643870]
thanks i really like it.
[/quote] You're welcome. :)

Hi,

I really like your sprites! Especially the anime ones. ;D
(My English is bad, because I'm from Holland)
I'm working on a hack (Pok

Thanks a bunch, SweetSmoochum, they're great!
You're welcome. :)

[quote author=Senor Cactus link=topic=3265.msg49017#msg49017 date=1203702689]
I love the Torterra Trainer from the Darkrai movie.The jacket is spot on.
[/quote] Thank you. :)

I'll definitely make the Misty sprite, and overworlds for you, Ruubje. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make the Gary one, but if I'm allowed to, I definitely will. :)

I'll also make the 6 mugshots for you, Burst Ninja.

In the meantime, I finished the Evil trio of Ash, Misty, and Brock for Joshquixote. I hope you like these. :)

EvilTrio.png

I haven't had the chance to work on the Alfred or girl sprite yet. I'm sorry. :(

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
They look great! Maybe you can make Rocket ones of them next?

Great job, Ashley! You especially did a great job on their hairdo!

Happy B-Day Ashley! Hey, that's my name too! :D

If you have the time, could you do a walkie and back sprites of her:
starter.gif

Edit:
And maybe a walkie of him?
starter2.gif

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, Happy Birthday, SweetSmoochum (in case you guys think I'm saying Happy Birthday to meep...)

I know you can't do anything about it, but the new Misty sprite looks like a boy for some reason... might be just me.

Here is everything that TCE479 requested. I hope you like these. :) (Seeing as you said to put all of the similar sprites on the same page, I did. Next time I won't, though.)
5TCE.png

4LgGirl.png
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but thanks for doing these for me!

One question though- any reason why the floral design isn't on the back sprites? Just wondering, because her outfit looks kinda plain without it.

Still, a great job on them (and the others) and I might have another request in the next couple days. Probably will be the same character but in a different outfit.

Thanks again, and happy birthday!

Thank you, $AE-Prep$, Ruubje, Slink, Cubone, Ashley (Meep43), Shiny, Nix (PSP Naruto), and TheCarolinaExpress479 for wishing me a Happy 18th Birthday and for complementing my sprites. :)

I'll make what you requested tomorrow, Ashley. (Meep43) (It's 11:18 pm for me.) (Cool! We have the same name! :) I like your sprites. :))

Shiny and Nix (Aka PSP), that's why I wanted to leave the ponytail on both sides. (I didn't want Misty to look like a boy.)

You're welcome, TCE479. :)

Hey Ashley, can I have a backie and an overworld sheet of the girl in my avie (the one in pink)?

Please and thank you!
~Cubone~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Huzzah! As procrastination as my witness, I felt it was only right that I scan this thread - all 24 pages of it XD

You're a freakin machine, Ashley, lol. I'm impressed by the amount of sprites you've churned out since starting this thread and how fast you manage to complete requests without your head exploding. Kudos to you XD

Some of your work here is really nice. I can't pinpoint anything in particular, but I'm impressed by your human spiriting abilities, and the little chibi over world humans are fairly well done. Some of the Pokemon over world sprites look a bit off (ie. the Raichus you did way back when), but I'd imagine that it's tough to make them from scratch like that. Regardless, keep up the good work :)

I finished Ashley's (Meep43) Request. :) I hope you like these. :)
ForMeep.png

I also finished Burst Ninja's request. :) I hope you like these. :)
4BurstNinja.png

These are wicked awesome! Thanks, SS! Don't worry about the others, take your time. I don't need these on any set date or anything like that.
Thank you & you're welcome. :) (I'm almost done with your girl trainer. Does her outfit have to be the same style/colors as your version? Or could it be different?)

[quote author=Cubone link=topic=3265.msg49669#msg49669 date=1204117545]
Hey Ashley, can I have a backie and an overworld sheet of the girl in my avie (the one in pink)?

Please and thank you!
~Cubone~
[/quote] Sure, I'll make what you requested. :)

[quote author=Linkachu link=topic=3265.msg49681#msg49681 date=1204133655]
Huzzah! As procrastination as my witness, I felt it was only right that I scan this thread - all 24 pages of it XD

You're a freakin machine, Ashley, lol. I'm impressed by the amount of sprites you've churned out since starting this thread and how fast you manage to complete requests without your head exploding. Kudos to you XD

Some of your work here is really nice. I can't pinpoint anything in particular, but I'm impressed by your human spiriting abilities, and the little chibi over world humans are fairly well done. Some of the Pokemon over world sprites look a bit off (ie. the Raichus you did way back when), but I'd imagine that it's tough to make them from scratch like that. Regardless, keep up the good work :)
[/quote] Thank you for viewing all 24 pages. :) I'm not good at making Pokemon sprites. (I'm thinking about redoing some of my old requested sprites when I get the chance.)

Speaking of which, I edited some old requests. (I hope these are better now. :))
4VShorty.png
4TCE479.png

Ruubje, I'll be making your requested Gary sprite. :)