• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sprites by Smoochum

Hello, my name is Ashley and I've been making sprites since 2005. (I joined 'charms in Dec. '07.) I know I've been saying this for a long time, but someday I plan on making a comic series using my sprites. Here are some of sprites I've made. (I also posted some of these characters in the trainer card maker thread.)

Pokemontrainers.png

I hope you all like these. :)

Credit goes to Nintendo and Spriters-resource for the original DP sprites and Pokesho for some of the colors. :)

If you have any requests, you can just ask. :)

I'll (usually) take 4 at a time as long as it's one sprite per person. (So it will be easy to keep track.)

1. Gtabx3-2 trainer sprites.
2. Open.
3. Open.
4. Open.

**-I'm willing to make trainer sprites, trainer back sprites, any type mugshots, overworlds (Dp and Fr/lg), walkies, Platinum walkies/mugs,*New* Chibi sprites Pokemon & humans ("Chibi" name given by Slink-Thank you, Slink.), cosplayers, and maybe fusions. I'm still not too great with Pokemon sprites, but I'm willing to try. :)

If anyone wishes to use these sprites (or even part of a sprite) for a sig or your comic or something, just please give me credit. :) I worked hard and I wouldn't want anyone to steal these. Thank you. :)

~~Ashley (a.k.a.) SweetSmoochum. :)~~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Wow, SweetSmoochum (I'll only call you by yur.. is Ashley your realy name? Anyways, i'll only call you Ashley once I get to know your internet self more), those are better than the sprites that i first made? Are they your first, or have you made some before these?

I really like the forth one on the top row. it looks so kyol! (cool) I wants to huggle it!

Your Misty one is also nice. But... I like all your sprites. Work on your shading a bit, especially on some of the hairs. Paul's hair looks a bit flat to me, and so does Ash's. But besides that, nice sprite work!

These are some excellent Sprites here SweetSmoochum, their coloring is excellent! I especially like your Professor Oak and Max sprites. The only problem I can see is that the outline of the face cannot be seen, but other than that, they are great! You should really consider putting some of these in the Submit a Sprite thread...

OMG YOU ROCK can you make me one please

i want that guy as a sprite please ( i made one its just not that good) (also i dont want the pokemon there)

please make it for me please and thanks

Thank you for all your complements and criticisms, everybody. :)
To answer Shiny_Eevee's question: No, these aren't my first. (My brother deleted my first sprites in 2005.) I'll fix Ash's and Paul's hair now. (I know my shading isn't as great as I want it to be. :()
To Rocket X: I'll edit the Prof. Oak and Max sprites.
Sure, I'll make you the trainer sprite, Flame Haji. (It may take a while. So please be patient. I have to use my finger as a mouse on the laptop.)

Here are the edited sprites:
Pokemontrainers-1.png

Their names from left to right for those who are unsure. Ashley (me), Ashley in dress, Jason (star of my future comic), Lea (Annie-another star in comic), Bill, Professor Oak, Paul, Custom Girl un-named, Jason (in a different look), Max, Ash, Gary, Richie, Zoey, Delia, Misty, Mini Misty, and Molly Hale from Spell of the Unown movie.

Edit: I just finished your sprite Flame Haji. (I started right after I posted.)

I made two for you to choose from in case you don't like one of them. I hope you like it. :D

ForFlameHaji.png

If you don't like it, I'll try and fix it. (Hair?)

PS: Credit goes to Spriters-resource for all DP trainer sprites, Pokesho for some colors on "edited trainers", and Flame Haji for the colors on the requested sprite.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Coolios, they look better now!

And if you want to submit those for the trainer cards, you're going to have to

a) seperate them
b)make their pixels 80x80. You can have white space, just saying, and you can PM me (or some other random person that you know can make things trans) to make your sprites transparent. That way, you'll have a better chance of having your sprites in the TC maker.

And I was talking about Ash's hat, not hair... And Paul looks better now, too.

Shiny_Eevee: My bad. I'm so tired. (Tired=basketball=gym class) Thank you for the complement and thanks for telling me the rules for the trainer card thing. (I must delete my tc post and redo it quickly.)

In the mean time, I made a Christmas outfit for Dawn from DP.
DawnChristmas.png
Hope everybody likes it. :)

Thank you for all your complements and criticisms, everybody. :)
To answer Shiny_Eevee's question: No, these aren't my first. (My brother deleted my first sprites in 2005.) I'll fix Ash's and Paul's hair now. (I know my shading isn't as great as I want it to be. :()
To Rocket X: I'll edit the Prof. Oak and Max sprites.
Sure, I'll make you the trainer sprite, Flame Haji. (It may take a while. So please be patient. I have to use my finger as a mouse on the laptop.)

Here are the edited sprites:
Pokemontrainers-1.png

Their names from left to right for those who are unsure. Ashley (me), Ashley in dress, Jason (star of my future comic), Lea (Annie-another star in comic), Bill, Professor Oak, Paul, Custom Girl un-named, Jason (in a different look), Max, Ash, Gary, Richie, Zoey, Delia, Misty, Mini Misty, and Molly Hale from Spell of the Unown movie.

Edit: I just finished your sprite Flame Haji. (I started right after I posted.)

I made two for you to choose from in case you don't like one of them. I hope you like it. :D

ForFlameHaji.png

If you don't like it, I'll try and fix it. (Hair?)

PS: Credit goes to Spriters-resource for all DP trainer sprites, Pokesho for some colors on "edited trainers", and Flame Haji for the colors on the requested sprite.
OMG I LOVE YOU YOU ROCK SO MUCH I LOVE YOU.....did i say i love you yet(also i guess the hair does not look right, can you try to fix it maybe if you have time)

edit: i tried to fix it my self if thats alright

ps. just thought i mite ask can you make a map sprite (like the one in you sig (the little one)) of the peach colored skin one (not the pale one) you dont have do do this or if you want to wait i can wait for a long time lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

OMG I LOVE YOU YOU ROCK SO MUCH I LOVE YOU.....did i say i love you yet(also i guess the hair does not look right, can you try to fix it maybe if you have time)

edit: i tried to fix it my self if thats alright

ps. just thought i mite ask can you make a map sprite (like the one in you sig (the little one)) of the peach colored skin one (not the pale one) you dont have do do this or if you want to wait i can wait for a long time lol

It's okay for you to edit my sprites as long as I'm still given credit. :) Sure you can have a map sprite.

(I made 3 of them just now.) If you want me to make more, (side/back/other side ) I will, but I have to go to rehearsal right now and I won't be back until 5 or 5:30pm. Here are your map sprites.

ForFlameHaji-1.png

For everybody else: Here is Flannery.
Flannery.png

It's okay for you to edit my sprites as long as I'm still given credit. :) Sure you can have a map sprite.

(I made 3 of them just now.) If you want me to make more, (side/back/other side ) I will, but I have to go to rehearsal right now and I won't be back until 5 or 5:30pm. Here are your map sprites.

ForFlameHaji-1.png

For everybody else: Here is Flannery.
Flannery.png
omg thanks i love you you are great

have you ever made player battle sprites (the back few when they throw the pokeball) you should try would would be very good at it i think

edit: also if you are ever bored and dont no want to do and if you want to and have the time could you make me one of the face things that flannery and you have(if you want to)

thanks you rock

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I am horrible at making overworlds, so...

Can you make an overworld sheet of my avatar character? Please?

Please include:

Front view, Walking front view, side views (both), walking side views(both), backside view, and walking backside view. Thanks.

Or you can just do front only (standing and walking). Thanks.

Hi there! Let me tell you, I am already a fan of your sprites. I especially like that Flannery one! Its really cool! So you do requests on overworld sprites? Could you make me some for my character? Its the one wearing the blue shirt and black skirt, it's in my sprite thread, Pika's Sprites for examples. I would really appreciate if you made me one!

Why haven't I replied to this already? Your sprites are cool, especially the Christmas Dawn one.

Assuming you have room for requests, could you make me an overworld sprite of the character I have in my avatar?
Thanks in advance.

Even though I got 5 requests, I'm still going to do them all as a little present. :) (I already did 2 just now.)

For Flame Haji I made your mugshot using Volkner's face from Dp. Credit goes to spriter's resource for the original mugshot, me, and Flame Haji for the picture of the character.
ForFlameHaji-2.png
(If you want, I could try to fix it.)

I have fulfilled Shiny_Eevee's request just now:
ForShiny_Eevee.png
(Credit goes to spriters-resource, me, and Shiny_Eevee for her character.)

I hope you both like your requested sprites. :)

4Pikachu4, I'll get to work on your overworlds asap. (Thanks for liking my sprites as well as the Flannery one. She's my favorite gym leader from the Hoenn region. Falkner from Johto, Misty from Kanto, and Roark from Sinnoh are my favorites from those regions. Your sprites are cool, too.)

Gardevoir Master, I'll try to get your overworld sprites done well, and I'll try making a "proper Gardevoir overworld." Your request seems to me like it would take the longest, but I'll attempt to get it done. Are there any specific colors that you want it to be? Or can I use what I think would be okay? Edit: Nevermind, I saw your thread just now with the sprite of it. (Your sprites are amazing.)

For Mudskipper: I'll get to work on your overworlds, as well. Thank you for liking my sprites along with the Christmas Dawn one. Would it be alright if I altered some of the colors a little bit? (Not drastically, but with some more shading. I like your sprites, too. My favorite is the Shinx cosplay.)

While I'm busy fulfilling all your requests (and listening to music from my brother's cool lego starwars game), here's some more mugshots.

shots.png
(Credit already on the page.)

Hope you all like these. :)

For Mudskipper: I'll get to work on your overworlds, as well. Thank you for liking my sprites along with the Christmas Dawn one. Would it be alright if I altered some of the colors a little bit? (Not drastically, but with some more shading.)
Sure, go ahead.

Okay, I won't then. Thank you for telling me. (I'm sorry.) :(

Edit: As an apology, I made yours first. I hope you like it. :)

ForMudskipper.png

Edit 2: I just noticed that you edited your response. My bad. :-[

(I'm really depressed today, because of yesterday. That is why I didn't go on the laptop after rehearsal. It's a long story.)

Even though I got 5 requests, I'm still going to do them all as a little present. :) (I already did 2 just now.)

For Flame Haji I made your mugshot using Volkner's face from Dp. Credit goes to spriter's resource for the original mugshot, me, and Flame Haji for the picture of the character.
ForFlameHaji-2.png
(If you want, I could try to fix it.)

ForShiny_Eevee.png

4Pikachu4, I'll get to work on your overworlds asap. (Thanks for liking my sprites as well as the Flannery one. She's my favorite gym leader from the Hoenn region. Falkner from Johto, Misty from Kanto, and Roark from Sinnoh are my favorites from those regions. Your sprites are cool, too.)

Gardevoir Master, I'll try to get your overworld sprites done well, and I'll try making a "proper Gardevoir overworld." Your request seems to me like it would take the longest, but I'll attempt to get it done. Are there any specific colors that you want it to be? Or can I use what I think would be okay? Edit: Nevermind, I saw your thread just now with the sprite of it. (Your sprites are amazing.)

For Mudskipper: I'll get to work on your overworlds, as well. Thank you for liking my sprites along with the Christmas Dawn one. Would it be alright if I altered some of the colors a little bit? (Not drastically, but with some more shading. I like your sprites, too. My favorite is the Shinx cosplay.)

While I'm busy fulfilling all your requests (and listening to music from my brother's cool lego starwars game), here's some more mugshots.

shots.png
(Credit already on the page.)

Hope you all like these. :)
again i love you so much you rock

Thank you. As a side request from myself to myself, I'm planning on making a Johnny Depp trainer sprite with a Pirates of the Carribean costume. Does this sound like a good idea?

I feel like posting a sprite so...here's Jasmine!
Jasmine.png

(Credit goes to spriters-resource for original sprites (G/S/C Jasmine, mugshot, badge), pokesho for colors, and bulbapedia for badge colors, and me.)

Edit: As an apology, I made yours first. I hope you like it. :)

ForMudskipper.png

Thank you. I like it. :D

[quote author=SweetSmoochum link=topic=3265.msg41408#msg41408 date=1198274602]
Thank you. As a side request from myself to myself, I'm planning on making a Johnny Depp trainer sprite with a Pirates of the Carribean costume. Does this sound like a good idea?
[/quote]
Sounds good to me.

I feel like posting a sprite so...here's Jasmine!
Jasmine.png

(Credit goes to spriters-resource for original sprites (G/S/C Jasmine, mugshot, badge), pokesho for colors, and bulbapedia for badge colors, and me.)
great idea i. can wait to see how that looks.^-^

Thanks for liking my idea.

You're welcome Mudskipper. I'm glad you like it.

Update: I just finished 4Pikachu4's request. (My mom was using the laptop for a while.)

For4Pikachu4.png
Hope you like it. :)

I'm getting to work on yours, Gardevoir Master.

hey that mugshot thing is a cool idea. i've been workin on mine for like a month cuz i never got around to it. mind if i use your idea to make my own cuz i didn't know someone had this idea already.

hey that mugshot thing is a cool idea. i've been workin on mine for like a month cuz i never got around to it. mind if i use your idea to make my own cuz i didn't know someone had this idea already.

Sure. Do you mean about making a mugshot about Johnny Depp? I was talking about making a DP trainer sprite of Johnny Depp wearing a Pirates of the Caribbean costume.

Edit: I just finished your request, Gardevoir Master.

ForGardevoirMaster.png

I hope you like it. (I'll attempt to make the Gardevoir overworld, too.) :)

(I'm surprised that I made this as quick as I did.)

Edit 2: I finished the rest of the overworlds, Flame Haji, for your request.

Here they are:
OverworldsforFlameHaji.png

:)

hm? johnny depp? wtf? i was just talking about using your mugshot idea to make myself one. i already started making one before i found this, so i asked so i wouldn't look like a jerk stealing your idea.

i got a request if you still want to take some. can you make a Erika sprite as well as a world sprite.

i had to ask Erika is my fav. gym leader

please and thank you

hm? johnny depp? wtf? i was just talking about using your mugshot idea to make myself one. i already started making one before i found this, so i asked so i wouldn't look like a jerk stealing your idea.

I'm sorry. (Can you please not curse in my thread?) That wouldn't be stealing my idea. You could make mugshots for your characters. I don't know if other people have done it, but I wanted to try it out. Please don't be mad. :'(

[quote author=Flame Haji link=topic=3265.msg41427#msg41427 date=1198283911]
i got a request if you still want to take some. can you make a Erika sprite as well as a world sprite.

i had to ask Erika is my fav. gym leader

please and thank you
[/quote]

Sure, I'll make an Erika sprite and her overworld sprites. I'll add you to the request list now. :) (I may make more than one outfit for her if that's alright with you.)

I'm sorry. (Can you please not curse in my thread?) That wouldn't be stealing my idea. You could make mugshots for your characters. I don't know if other people have done it, but I wanted to try it out. Please don't be mad. :'(

Sure, I'll make an Erika sprite and her overworld sprites. I'll add you to the request list now. :) (I may make more than one outfit for her if that's alright with you.)

don't be sad a lot of people do mugs. also go ahead and make more then one i don't care, thanks for putting me on the list you rock

lol sorry i flipped out. :'( i wasn't even mad. ok peace. 8) p.s.-your whitney mugshot looks mad cool.
i know it looks great right she(or he but i betting she) got mad skills at this

edit: just so i know how did you make my sprite, out of what parts(battle sprite)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
ForShiny_Eevee.png

Like? Are you kidding me? I love it! Thanks, SweetSmoochum! I especially like it with the bow.

Again, thanks!

i know it looks great right she(or he but i betting she) got mad skills at this

edit: just so i know how did you make my sprite, out of what parts(battle sprite)

You're right. I'm a girl, and thank you. I made your trainer sprite using the guy in the orange winter outfit in DP.
Toshow.png

[quote author=halls link=topic=3265.msg41437#msg41437 date=1198291802]
lol sorry i flipped out. :'( i wasn't even mad. ok peace. 8) p.s.-your whitney mugshot looks mad cool.[/quote]

It's okay. Thank you for liking the mugshot. (I'm planning on making her trainer sprite after I do the requested sprites.)

To Shiny_Eevee, 4Pikachu4, and Gardevoir Master: I'm glad you like your sprites. :) (Gardevoir Master, I wasn't sure if you wanted a mask on it or not so I made both.)

To Wolfness321 and Sankai the Hedgehog, I'll make what you requested. *adds names to request list*

Edit: Here's Erika battle sprites with each one's overworld. (Different outfits.)
Erika-1.png

K

Kumi

Nice sprites! Your a good spriter, have any of your sprites been accepted to the Trainer Card Maker?

Nice sprites! Your a good spriter, have any of your sprites been accepted to the Trainer Card Maker?

Thank you. I'm not sure if any of my sprites have been accepted to the TC maker yet.

Update: Here's your overworlds, Sankai the Hedgehog.
ForSankaitheHedgehog.png
Hope you like it.

I'm working on yours now, Wolfness321. (If you want, I could make the other one in the picture as well.)

Edit: Here's your request, Wolfness.
ForWolfness321.png
Hope you like it. (I decided not to use the Dp sprite (Lass) that would be expected. Instead, I combined 4 DP trainers into one.)