• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

~Shiny's new spriting museum, Read first page please~

Eeeeekk!! I love it! Even though the color was supposed to be blue :p But other than that she looks exactly like Siala!(my pokemorph's name)*faints*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, so far I've become extra lazy and extremely busy, so apologies for the continual delay of the requests. They SHALL come by February, as long as I don't have any more exams and other whatnot. >>

Anyways, as of today, i have a really bad sprite update, to prove that I'm still alive and still spriting.

Fakemon-3.png

Not a really good Fakemon, eh? Especially on the shading.

And as for why I wasn't posting any other sprites for a long time, well, let's just say that I'm slightly busy and I was banned from the Internet for a short while by my parents. Anyways, I SHALL finish the requests by February!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a free sprite request for anyone who can determine which ten Pokemon that I used to make that fakemon. Hints of which Pokemon I used:

1) I used one legendary Pokemon
2) Three Pokemon used were introduced in the 2nd generation
3) Three Pokemon that I used have more than one evolution line
4) I used four different Pokemons' colors
5) Five Pokemon that I used have evolutions that were introduced in Diamond and Pearl, but only three of the five Pokemon were actually introduced themselves in the fourth gen. The other two came from other generations.
6) Almost all that Pokemon that I used were Basic Pokemon. Only one of the Pokemon is an evolution of another Pokemon

You must get all the Pokemon in one go, or else no request. I can give more hints if many people ask for it.

EDIT2: Thanks Pixeity for pointing out that one of my clues wasn't right. But it's not Eon eyes!

EDIT3: Three of the Pokemon that I used have more than one evolution line, not two! Gah!

S_E, one of your hints are WAY misleading.

I can see Bellosom, Azumarill, and Eon eyes still a Second Evo Eyes right from the get-go. Only base evolutions my tail. XD

Anywhoo, it's pretty cute. The lighter green mane and the tail really offset the leafy body, so that's nice. Cute concept.​

I'm not looking to earn any free sprites, but I will make it easier for anyone who is. =p

The flowers are from Bellossom, with the pink used to color them coming from Mesprit.
The body is Eevee, the ears are Azumaril and the eyes come from Delcatty.
The pale green came from Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir -- they all use the same green, so take your pick.
I want to say Sentret or Raticate for the tan, but I don't think that's quite right -- it's probably the shiny version of something, if I had to guess.

Azumaril, Bellossom, Ralts, Delacatty, Eevee... thats all i could guess by myself ( i dont have diamond and pearl so its realy hard to think of all the pokemon)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I want to say Sentret or Raticate for the tan, but I don't think that's quite right -- it's probably the shiny version of something, if I had to guess.

Nope, not the shiny version of anything. I forgot to say that none of the sprites that I used were Shiny. Oh, and I used Pokemon sprites only.

Six of the ten Pokemon have been guessed correctly so far, not saying which are correct, though. Happy guessing!

EDIT: Seven of the ten Pokemon have been guessed now. King of Rhinos had guessed another one to put into the sack of guessed Pokemon from this forum that was made by Sakamoto.

Three Pokemon that have not been guessed clues:
All but one are from the 4th generation
Two are electric types
And I'll need to edit my clues post for this one: One of them has two evolution lines. Oops, my bad... three of them have more than one evolution line, not just two. My bad....

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Edit number... I believe four?

GAH, I used two evolved Pokemon, not just one! This is why I'm so stupid...

Parts of fakemon:
Flowers and hula dress's green
Ears
Lower part of the head
Eyes
Hula dress
tannish-yellowish colors
light green
body
tail
flowers' pinkish color

Hope you guys get what the above means. Should be easier to guess now, hopefully. And only two Pokemon haven't been guessed yet.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
IT'S ALIVE! *dies*

Forget the contest, it's just stupid. I have a new sprite to put here (prepare to be blinded):
5dr14tf.png
Trust me, it's not my best work.

Once I get my USB to school, save it, and upload it at home, I SHALL show my finished requests. Yes, I finished them at school... stupid me. Should've known that school blocks tinypic and photobucket and all those other stuff...

uh...even though the contest is over, I dont see a complete list, so here is my "educated guess"

Shinx (bottom of the head)
Eevee (body)
Azumarill (ears)
Delcatty (eyes)
Ralts (light green color)
Buneary (tail)
Bellossom (flowers and brighter green on the hula skirt)
Mareep (tannish-yellow fur color, I used the darker shades of Mareep)
Burmy (hula skirt)
Mespirit (the flowers' pink)

I did not cheat >:( *coughyesididcough*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I did not cheat >:( *coughyesididcough*

LIES.

Kingie, I KNOW you did cheat. You're the only one who would actually know the answers besides me. You DID cheat.

No request for you or anyone now. Sorry. But yeah, the "contest" was already over, so it didn't matter.

And what's THIS!?[quote author=Lil King link=topic=3007.msg49625#msg49625 date=1204080761]
Mareep (tannish-yellow fur color, I used the darker shades of Mareep)
[/quote]

So you did simple copy-paste from that PM that I sent to you from the Pokemon Chateau... That one sentence proves that you cheated. Plus if you edit that post, we'll see "this post has been edited by"... yeah, that message, at the bottom of your post. Kingie, you cannot possibly hide the truth from me.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
BUMP, as I have a new sprite.

It's a little thing, and it's really cute. It's even wearing a hooded jacket!
KingieChao-1.png

Aw... so cutiful, eh? Cookie for anyone who knows who it's for.

Isn't that for Lil' King? I liked his old name better....
I think it's totally adorable!!!! I can't make a chao that awesome! Great job!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
*gives Pika a cookie*

It was actually quite simple. The only thing that gave me a bit of trouble was Kingie's hair, but I managed to get that at least sort of well-made.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Double posting again? But of course.

I'm alive and almost well. yes, I'm still spriting, but my abilities seem to be dwindling...

Presenting... sprite version of me.

ME.png

No, I seriously don't wear those in real life. A pink cap? Even looking at any shade of pink makes me puke... bright blue jeans? I only have super-uber dark blue jeans. Purple dress? Ew... I mean, I love purple, but dresses are NOT me. I preffer t-shirts. I hate all dresses, skirts, and shirts with a passion.

Also, the shading is bad, the colors are horrible, the hair is bad (it looked even worse without the cap), the pose seems unnatural, she's wearing mis-matched clothes, and I changed shading styles in-between. Definetly not one of my best sprites....

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Yes, I'm triple posting. XD

Anyways, I thought that sprite didn't look like me. So, I made a new sprite (yes, I edited the one before to make this sprite. It's really badm though, as there's a lot of misplaced pixels and stuff). Also, beware that the shading is horrendous, the colors look weird (especially the hat), and the pose is so unnatural, it makes my eyes burn, and it is NOT transparent because I was too lazy to make it trans.

trainerme-2.png

But, even though it has so many flaws, I'm still (kinda) proud of it.

Then, there's this new chao that I've made for a friend of mine that... yes, it's also non-transparent.

ArtiesChao-1.png

It's a chao of Matt Palmer, Artiste's RP character. Yes, the hair's all wrong, the shading is, once again, bad, and I think I forgot his pants.​

Awww. Cute wittle Chao. *huggles* You know, the left leg on your second sprite of you is so stiff I can probably using it for surfing!

What Rosa said is true, the leg looks too much like a board because of the lack of shading.

These are pretty nice though, youve improved greatly ^^ I really like the hooded chao, he is really really cute!

For your sprites I would try keeping dark outlines for well everything, helps alot to keep body parts clear and crisp. (eg: your latest girls pants are so overall blue its hard to make out the outline at first glance.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So, I have new sprites to post. I had this really big spriting fee last week, as it was spring break. Now, of course, I'm back to studies and stuff, so I don't think I'll be able to sprite as much. XD

This first one is an RP character of mine on another forum. Her name's Christine Ray. She's telepathic, shy, and has contacts, which makes her naturally dark-brown-almost-black eyes look purple. She owns only one Pokemon, a Spoink named Pearl, who has a blue pearl instead of a pink one, and her cheek thingies are also blue. Anyways, here's my sprite of her.
Christine-3-1.png

The coloring and the legs irk me a bit.

Then, there's my sprite redo (that capped girl). I tried to edit her legs a bit. I still don't think it looks that good. If I tamper with it even more, though, then it'll look worse. XD
trainerme-3.png

Lol, yeah, it's not that good, like I said.

Now, for a mugshot. Like all my other sprites, I don't like it much, but yeah, if I tamper with it even more, then it'll look worse than it already is.
Mugshotofme.png

Mugshot of me (or me from last year). Yeah.

So that's pretty much it from spring break.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
MASS GRAVEDIGGING for my own thread.

Double posting, gravedigging... heck, I'm really breaking quite a few rules. But I can do that with my own sprite topic, right? If I add more sprites to it?

Anyways, here're my two latest sprites. They're two classmates of mine. The boy's supposedly my old stand partner in orchestra, AKA my rl crush. The girl's supposed to represent one of my best friends. Anyways...

I think I've lost some of my spriting abilities, as these aren't as good as some of the others.

Celine-1.png
Eric-1.png

EDIT: Also, I didn't transparent them, as I haven't downloaded photoshop onto my new computer yet.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, my b-day's tomorrow, and the day after is Father's Day. Today is Friday the 13th, and yesterday marked the 1 year mark of me being a Pokecharms member. Quite a week for me. XD

Anyways, to celebrate all these occasions, I have made two new sprites. They look very similar, except for their hairstyle. The first one is my newest character, Melody Lyn Ray, Christine Ray's totally talkative and annoying sister/twin. The second is just an alternative hairstyle for her that I personally think looks better on her

LynMelody.png
CustomTrainer-2.png

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Bumpity bump bump. Yes, it's been a while, I know. I have a few new sprites, and I'm too lazy to make anything transparent now (and yes, I have photoshop).

Overworlds:

R/S/E/FR/LG style

ArtisteOverworlds.png
MyoukiOverworld.png
CarolynOverworld.png

Art, Myouki, and me, respectively.

D/P style

MelodyOverworld.png

Melody Lyn

And now, a new trainer sprite: my other RL crush. He's short. I personally don't think I did that well on him except on his hair (that's what his hair really looks like).

Thomas.png

Comments, please. My sprite thread is dead. ;-;

And I'm openning requests now, since summer is boring. But I'm going to a summer camp next week, so request before Thursday if you want me to make a sprite before I leave.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
His right, or our right? I always thought his legs looked a bit weird, though, but I wasn't too sure what the problem was.

Meanwhile, I have a sprite that goes along with that OW of mine (the one that's blue). So, here's a trainer that's oh-so-blue yet happy. Yeah, bad pun.

And it just so happens that her color scheme is pretty much the exact same at that sprite Mudskipper said had a paper-thin looking leg. XD

Shiny.png

Side note: Whoot, been a long time since I actually bothered to make a sprite transparent!

His right, or our right?
Our right; the one that is bent.

[quote author=Shiny link=topic=3007.msg66599#msg66599 date=1216262686]
And it just so happens that her color scheme is pretty much the exact same at that sprite Mudskipper said had a paper-thin looking leg. XD[/quote]
Shame on you for being unoriginal, Shiny, shame on you.
[/not very well-typed sarcasm]
Ah well. I like her, because at least she has 3-D legs. Hehe :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Right, I worked on a sprite that I probably shouldn't have worked on. Why? Because she looked way too plain in my eyes. XD

Me-1.png

Gotta love her cape, because I scratched it. ^^

.. you've no idea how much better you've gotten while I was gone, Shiny. >> I'm serious; the only thing you could possibly work on would be the shading. Only thing. :] What I suggest doing is what's more realistic (more than Nintendo's, that is, which I still think sucks terribly. >>); this diagram should help a bit.
shadingtut.jpg

Hope it helped; didn't spend too much time on the diagram. >>

And that cape sprite is win. ;D The only thing with the rl crush sprite is that his leg.. his right leg, that is, is a bit awkward. Lower the leg line a bit, and curve it over his left leg more. :> And I understand what you're trying to do with it, but I'd reverse the direction on his left leg. HIS left. Not ours. :]

I'VE GOT OWS MADE FOR ME LOLZ.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sorry I took so long away; I haven't been able to get on the internet for the last 6 days, including today.

Anyways, thanks for the shading tip, Artie. Yes, I know I have to work on that... I've always thought I needed help with that. I'll try to keep that in mind when I do my next sprite.

And Me Testy... I'll try to make a male deoxys speed form cosplayer ASAP, but doesn't it say not to edit the trainer cards? Unless you're making your own trainer card from scratch, then I'll be okay with that, as long as you give credit that the sprite was made by me. ^^

Nice work, I think you might want to mention whether or not you'll do requests for trainer cards and overworld sprites.

I had many arguments over whether or not to request this with myself, but I want you to alter the trainer from my sprite forum with a green jacket so that he's wearing a black button shirt over a green tank top (with all but the top couple buttoned to reveal the green). If you think that it sounds too much like a shop request, that's fine.