• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Seen on eBay - FAO Gary :)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oooooh, really want that. They'd go great with my 70 odd collection already. ^^

They normally sell these ones only on the Pokemon Center. At some point i'll have to find a whole set and buy it... sometime...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
You have 70 Chikoritas already? :shock: Or just 70 plastic Pokemon in general?

I'm not buying action figures for myself. It makes my addiction much easier to control :D. No action figures, and no collectible card games. Cuddly toys only when really special (e.g. Japanese Pokemon Center-exclusives that are also excessively cute).

Now, if only I could remember that I don't particularly enjoy playing pinball, and don't need the Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon Pinball game. Really! Even if it is only $10...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
70 odd wee plastic Pokemon. Some from one brand, a few from another (given away on the cheap in those wee plastic Pokeballs you used to be able to buy with sweeties in them too). Most are from the mainstream official brand, which I believe that Chikorita line is from.

I used to collect them when they were openly sold here, so most of the 70 odd are from the original 151. I totally intend to get myself a full collection when I can.

Picture013.jpg

An example of two. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
o_O Your Treecko wants to hug me! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!11111!!!1!11!one!1

Lol.

I actually have a Treecko like that. Mine's lying with Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, 2 Squirtles, Charmander, Meowth, Mudkip(that lost its tail) Torchic, Tailow, Latios, Poliwag and Horsea in my box in my room.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Those... are... so... cute! I've gotta bid on at least one. Any bets on which I'll bid on? :p Nah, seriously, the eevees the best. Gotta love the eevee. So cute. *huggles eevee* Wait... *looks at treeckos* 70 odd? Lucky...

I remember long ago they used to have Pokeballs with Pokemon in them at Burger King with your Kidz Meal. XD I did my best to collect all of them--and I made a lot of progress, obtaining Poliwhirl, Cubone, Electabuzz, and even Togepi. They also gave this giant shiny Pokeball(for an extra price of course) that held a shiny, small, thick, golden Pokemon tablet-type thing that had a Pokemon imprinted--I remember that they had 6: Poliwhirl, Charizard, Pikachu, Togepi, and I can't remember the rest, but I remember getting Poliwhirl.

Then, they stopped giving the Pokeball with the Pokemon because of a 'suffocation warning'. -_- Stupid little kids. And THEN they stopped giving the Pokemon altogether. It wasn't until 2 or 3 years that they came out with the Johto set of Pokemon, and new Pokemon toys. These sucked though, because all they were were these toy plastic cards(thick, of course), that if you inserted them into their base, they did something like squirt water or make noise. Nevertheless I collected them until BK took them back again.

For a short period of time, BK brought back the old Pokemon, so I managed to get a few more before they were gone.

And THEN they came out with the miniature Game Boys with toy Pokemon inside so you could play with them. These toys were one of my favourites. I remember getting a Hoppip one(I forgot if it vibrated or danced....), among several others. Argh, and then BK withdrew them again.

BK never saw another Pokemon toy again, but Wendy's came out with the Hoenn ones--sucky IMO, Wendy's brings out too few, too sucky. And all the toys I DID own, I had to throw out because we found more bedbugs in the toybox.

Fuckin' bedbugs. *burns a whole group*

I had one of those "gold-plated" Togepi cards in the shiny Poké Ball stand. I took out the pieces inside the Poké Ball that were used to hold the card and used the ball when my cousin and I used to play Pokémon. ^_^

I recently saw a collection of all six of those gold cards (Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Poliwhirl, Mewtwo, Togepi) each in their Poké Balls...for $60 in a comic shop.

PokeBall.jpg

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QuagsireQing said:
I recently saw a collection of all six of those gold cards (Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Poliwhirl, Mewtwo, Togepi) each in their Poké Balls...for $60 in a comic shop.

*Snickers* I've got 'em all, and then some! A friend gave me his collection of all six for my b-day this year, and I already had 5 of my own (forget which one I was missing). ^__^

I collected a ton of the first BK toys - at least 20. So many Kids meals... Luckily other people helped collect for me, too. Also bought into the Pokemon 2000 cards, the Hoenn-thingies, and Wendy's Hoenn toys. The Kecleon keychain has been on my backpack ever since :D