• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rockruff Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon Event Now Live

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Rockruff and dusk form Lycanroc.jpeg
For those of us in Europe and Australia the first event for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon has now gone live! This event gives players the chance to get their hands on a special Rockruff that evolves into the new Dusk Form Lycanroc. The details of the Rockruff are as follows:

Rockruff model.png

Rockruff
[type=rock][/type]
Level: 10
Ability: Own Tempo
Held Item: Focus Band
Moves:​
  • Fire Fang (Ultra Sun)/Thunder Fang (Ultra Moon)
  • Happy Hour
It's currently unknown what the final two moves are. It's also worth noting that the Rockruff will only evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc between 5pm and 6pm (5am and 6am in Ultra Moon), so there is only a tiny window to evolve it each day. Make sure you pick up the Rockruff as soon as possible as right now it appears this event is the only way to get access to Dusk Form Lycanroc.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon are officially released worldwide tomorrow, but due to the time zone differences are live in Australia already.

Last edited:
For anyone who has a spare 3DS system I recommend connecting it to the Australian store so you can get games such as these as early as possible
For example a lot of European players did this last year with the partial world release

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
It amuses me how people are switching to Australia because they're too impatient to wait a day. If you're that excited for USUM, just do what I'm doing and go to the midnight release. >:D

Meanwhile this Australian has lost her timezone privileges and will have to wait until tomorrow because she's stuck at work too late and isn't salty about this at all no not one bit >>

This is actually killing me my friends have been sending me messages about playing it all day and I'm so jealous. Also yes I am aware I sound like a whiny child right now.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Mine was female, so I named it Rockelle, a combo of Rock, due to type and Rochelle as in the name, I have pun issues plz halp

For those of us in Europe and Australia the first event for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon has now gone live! This event gives players the chance to get their hands on a special Rockruff that evolves into the new Dusk Form Lycanroc. The details of the Rockruff are as follows:

View attachment 567903
Rockruff
[type=rock][/type]
Level: 10
Ability: Own Tempo
Held Item: Focus Band
Moves:​
  • Fire Fang (Ultra Sun)/Thunder Fang (Ultra Moon)
  • Happy Hour
It's currently unknown what the final two moves are. It's also worth noting that the Rockruff will only evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc between 5pm and 6pm (5am and 6am in Ultra Moon), so there is only a tiny window to evolve it each day. Make sure you pick up the Rockruff as soon as possible as right now it appears this event is the only way to get access to Dusk Form Lycanroc.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon are officially released worldwide tomorrow, but due to the time zone differences are live in Australia already.
lol i got one and named it Dawn :3

Oh I thought the name rater only told you that it had a good name:-O:-O:up: THANKS
if you are the OT (original trainer) for that Pokemon, it says he likes it's name, but you can change it. If the original trainer is not you, all the name rater will say is that the name is too good to be changed. (this is the case if it is a pokemon you get off trading, unless miraculously you get back a pokemon you traded - which has never happened to me before, it is extremely rare.