• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Region of Stars

Rosalina looked at the small pokemon before reaching into her bag once more "Yea, I do" she mumbled pulling out the first-aid kit. Her icy blue eyes gazed at the wound as she grabbed gauze and a roll of bandage "Here hold still".

Faye looked around, the bug-type flying over the water to find something to eat. Her gaze landed on a Magikarp in the water so she released String-Shot wrapping it in the sticky web "Vivill" she thrilled as she flew down and dragged the now covered fish to the shore.

“You can’t just patch up the wound and expect it to be fine!” Kaleb cried out. “You need to heal it first.” He pulled a Full Restore out of his bag and sprayed it on the Pachirisu’s back, healing the wound. “I came prepared with a lot of resources,” he said. David had started sorting the food when he saw Gible running towards them. “I think it’s the same one from before,” he said. Gible looked up at the trainers and pointed towards the water in fear, trying to warn them. David had no idea what he was trying to tell them, but he understood something was wrong.

"thanks Rosa, and you too David"star said kindly, the pachirisu looked at the bandages wrapped around her and smiled"Pachi!"it cheered.

Later star was stacking sticks to make a fire,he clapped a rock with a peice of Flint that he found by the shore of the lake and created Sparks soon causing a small fire to burn, the pachirisu was roaming around the humans until it noticed a pokeball that fell out of star's backpack,it held it and carried it to Star"risuu"it said still holding the ball"huh,what is it"he then noticed the pokeball that it was holding and assumed one thing and one thing only"do..you want to join me"he asked the small electric type, the pachirisu nodded happily"okay! Well starting today your a part of my team"he yelled out confidently as he took the pokeball and gently tapped the Pokemon on the head, a bright red light absorbed the Pokemon and fell to the ground, it shook wildly once then clicked, indicating that it was a critical capture"hmm, now what should I name you"he said staring at the no longer empty pokeball

Kale walked down the beach towards the lady as she waved back at him.
"Hello!" Kale said. Even though he was still a little apprehensive from the attack of the Galvantula, he still managed a smile. "This place sure is beautiful, huh?"
Nina stopped digging for a moment, looking up to make sure her trainer hadn't disappeared, then went back to digging. Convinced that it was finally deep enough, the Nidoran Female dropped a stone into the hole and began to cover it back up.

Smiling softly Rosalina placed everything back into her bag before standing up "It was no problem really" she stated.

The Vivillion thrilled, her wings flapped as she felt a powerful presence "Vi vi!" this made Rosalina turned her head "What is it, Faye?". A loud cry could be heard from under the water rippling the surface of the water causing Rosalina to Squeak "What the hec.." but she never finished as shadow darted out of the water.

(Hope this is okay, I have to go rn but if need be I will edit it)

Kaleb looked up and saw a gigantic shiny Milotic right in front of them. “What the heck?” he said. He grabbed Torterra’s Ball and threw it, and Torterra jumped into battle. “Energy Ball!”

David sent out Seedot, whom he had nicknamed Sorrel, and commanded it to use Nature Power. Although there was a lake right near them, Sorrel was currently standing on the edge of the forest, and Nature Power turned into another Energy Ball. Both attacks flew towards the Milotic at high speeds.

Star looked at the giant pokemon"what...what the heck is that!!" He yelled, he quickly pulled out crosses pokeball and threw it in the air"cross help the others with your leaf storm!"he commanded bravely"Tile"Cross roared summoning a large storm of leaves and fly at the milotic dealing a pretty good bit of damage"nice work"

Felicia nodded absentmindedly, she agreed with the trainer, this place was indeed aesthetic, but this wasn't the time to be sightseeing. She had a list of things to do and accomplish before nightfall if she wanted to spend her first night in relative comfort. She pressed on, one foot in front of the other making steady progress. Eventually, the sands of the beach gave way to the firmer terrain of dirt and forestry. Eyes floating from tree to tree, Felicia tried to identify them or glean some form of information from the types of vegetation that grew.

Nina finished burying what she was burying, and ran off after Kale. Kale started to follow the shorter trainer into the woods.
"Uh, hey, I was kinda wondering-" Kale paused, heading the distant roar of a Pokemon. Accessing that it wasn't a threat, the young trainer continued. "I was wondering if I could, eh, I mean... If you needed help making a camp, or something..."
Kale trailed off, not quite sure what to say. He couldn't just say, hey can I camp with you because as cool as I think this place is I really don't want to spend the night alone in the middle of the open.

"what!! the attacks didn't even do that much damage, compared to our Pokemon this things on a whole nother level"star said seeing how the milotic was barely scratched, it dove into the water and shot back up out of the water launching an Ice beam at Cross",crap"star said as the ice beam hit Cross dealing heavy damage"Cross are you all right"star asked"Sceptile!"Cross roared, he was hurt but kept on fighting"Cross attack with duel chop,aim for the tail and disrupt it's movement"Star commanded, Cross lunged at the giant snake as the leaves on his arms began to glow blue,he slashed the tail of the guardian once but was hit by the tail and flung info trees before he could land a second hit"this thing is strong!!"Star said somewhat afraid at the milotics strength

For the first time since the boy had arrived Felica paused and gave him a good hard look. She pondered for a moment and silence descended. She hadn't really expected to have a companion, but again, it could do no harm. If his only pokemon was a Nidoran female then he posed little to no threat to her safety. Well, he didn't really look the scheming type anyway. Stroking the Absol by her side she stared at the newcomer and in a soft, flat voice she questioned.

"Well, first off what's your name? I'm Felicia. Secondly, what skills do you have? Can you cook? Fish? Identify edible berries? Anything that would help us? Not to be rude but I didn't come here to babysit. If you can't do anything then you'll need to learn."

"Um... I'm Kale Lanthorn, from Saffron City, Kanto. I can fish, and I brought my Good Rod. I've also had a bit of experience with camping before, and I'm pretty strong. Physically, I mean." Kale said, feeling a little relieved that Felicia didn't instantly turn him away. She seemed a bit cold, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
Nina looked cautiously at the Absol. It looked pretty tough, much stronger than Nina. Still, the Nidoran Female tried to make itself look bigger and stronger as well.

Torterra jumped at the Milotic and used Grass Pledge, sending a mass of leaves its way. Sorrel kept using Nature Power from within the forest, keeping it from turning into Hydro Pump instead of Energy Ball. Gible jumped up and used Slash on the Milotic repeatedly, while Kaleb sent out Pangoro and Charizard to back them up.

With the assurance that he wasn't going to be a dead weight Felicia lighten up, but only by a bit. She beckoned Kale to follow her and then stalked off deeper into the forest, unconcerned with whether he actually follower her or not. Now that she had someone who could fish at the very least food would no longer be too much of a problem, that was assuming they could find some body of water. She continued walking until she heard the unmistakable trickling of running water and rushing rapids. Her eyes lit up and with a single bound she swept her legs atop Karina's back, mounting the Absol with practiced ease. In an impressive display of speed, Karina took off, darting through the forest until the duo -and Kale if he had followed- came upon a crystal clear lake. Even more attractive than the lake was the over-sized shiny Milotic that was engaging a few trainers and about 6 or 7 Pokemon. Her eyes swept over the battlefield and she made a silent assessment, 'If those trainers aren't careful they'll lose terribly. A single Ice Beam would cripple most of their attacks and their pokemon with ease. Torterra's grass pledge wouldn't be too hard to freeze and seedot's energy ball certainly wouldn't be able to contend with Milotic's ice beam. Two of their Pokemon, Torterra and Gible, are doubly weak to Ice-type attacks and Seedot would only handle it a bit better...'

Even if the Milotic couldn't put down Torterra in one shot the same couldn't be said for Gible and Seedot. This Milotic was quite obviously a cut above the rest and for it to use a super effective move on a first stage Pokemon... well the results could be imagined.

Last edited:
Felicia motioned for Kale to follow, and he continued after her, heading deeper into the woods. She seemed to have a goal in mind, and Kale had to really focus to keep up with her.
For a small person she walks pretty fast. Kale thought, pushing a branch out of the way. What he wasn't expecting was Felicia to suddenly get on her Absol and quickly ride into the jungle.
"H... Hey, wait!" Kale said, running after her. Nina quickly followed. As he ran, Kale could hear the sounds of water getting louder. But that wasn't all. The sounds of a large fight between strong Pokemon was getting louder as well. Kale hoped that Felicia knew what she was doing.
Kale burst through the underbrush a few moments after Felicia and her Absol, and based on the battle in shock.
"Holy Crap..." Kale said. He turned to Felicia and pointed at the Milotic. "What in the name of Mew is that?! It's huge!"

"Cross you need some rest"Star returned Cross to his ball knowing that there wasn't a way to heal up on the island other then potions, if they faint star doesn't have any revives"okay Akki, let's see what you can do"he tossed a pokeball and out came the pachirisu he caught earlier"your electric so milotic will have a difficult time taking you out,we need to slow that milotic down,use Nuzzle!!"Star said pointing at the milotic,Akki jumped on it's tail since it was close enough to the shore she could jump on,she crawled up the giant snake holding on tight to keep from getting flung off,once she reached the forehead she charged up and shocked the giant pokemon dealing little to no damage but paralyzing it which greatly slowed its movement" nice moveAkki now get back here before you get hit"star knew that the milotic would try to attack akki since she was on it, but also the other Pokemon are attacking the milotic and one of those attacks could hit akki"risu!" the small Pokemon yelled as she crawled fown the snake. The milotic, giant as it is could make normal attacks seem like natural disasters,if it used surf that could take out everyone and the camp, hopefully it doesn't use surf and akki can get down unscathed

Rosalina grunted, her eyes shaking as she saw the shiny water-type "What the, why is it so big" she mumbled. Her eyes shifted to her Bug-Type partner "Faye, String Shot!" she called out, Faye thrilled flying higher in the air before hitting it with the string.

Torterra shot another Energy Ball at the Milotic, but it dodged and used Ice Beam. As it charged up, Torterra used Stone Edge to shield himself, but the attack tore through the rocks easily. Just as it was about to hit Torterra, Pangoro jumped at the Milotic from the side and hit it with Bullet Punch, right in the side of the face. Charizard used Dragon Dance a few times before charging at it with Thunder Punch, wrapping electricity around his fist.

Felica stood by. She had absolutely no intention of getting involved in a battle like this. Instead, she shifted her vision and scoured the lakeside for somewhere she could set up camp. She didn't want to be too close to the Milotic but on the other hand, she'd rather not leave the lake either. Fortunately, Milotic were not innately aggressive Pokemon, and she doubted the serpentine creature would attack her for kicks and giggles. She strolled around, inspecting the land until she found a nice location about 50ft from the lake. 'Perfect!' She slid off Karina's back and settled herself down, then she spectated.

. . .

The Milotic was rather...troubled. She hadn't the slightest clue why these humans had appeared, nor why they were attacking her. Her initial confusion had lead to quite a loss, and those humans had taken advantage of it, bombarding her with a slew of attacks. Her massive body shook, and she whined in annoyance and irritation. Did these humans really think she would be so easily bullied? Impudence! Her girth and majesty were symbols of her might! Something that it seemed she would need to display! She dove into the lake, whipping her tail across its surface as she retreated. The Aqua Tail, though hastily done, caused waves to surge across the water's surface. Her sheer size ensured that her attacks were far more devastation than your run-of-the-mill Milotic's. The crests of water rippled outwards, acting as a cover for her retreat. As she snaked her body along the lake's bottom it sparkled, releasing a soft but resplendent light. She shook off the effects of paralysis with Refresh before she resurfaced. This time, she was ready. Copious amounts of fog spewed from her mouth, as other wispy, low hanging clouds swiftly rose from the lake. This time she'd used Haze and Mist. With that she'd eliminated her opponent's advantage, restoring her status and resetting their status buffs. However, she wasn't quite done yet. With a violent twist, she swept her tail heavenwards, launching globs of water into the sky. Dark cloud, pregnant with water formed overhead, revealing the move she'd just used as Rain Dance. Trickles of water descended, accosting the lake with ripples, wetting the land and making her feel all that much better. A few drops hovered unnaturally, drawing to the Milotic like Iron to a magnet. The raindrops circle her, merging in a series of streams that looped around her, clearly Aqua Ring.

Now that she was in an optimal condition to battle, she turned to the trainers, her gaze icy. She released a harrumph of warning, one that echoed across the battlefield, piercing the ears of both trainer and Pokemon. She'd used Disarming Voice as a warning. They hadn't reached the point of no return, she didn't mind letting them go as long as they took a hint and scrambled out of her sight. However, if they were bold -or foolish- enough to engage her in combat... Well...she'd never been afraid of dirtying her scales.

Kale watched the battle for a few moments more, then turned to see Felicia and her Absol begin to walk away. Throwing cautious glances over his shoulder, Kale watched the battle continue. It was kinda hard to do anything else, with all the racket the battle was making. Nina stood close to her trainer, protectivelt.
"Hey, shouldn't we, like... Help them, or something?" Kale asked Felicia. But he asked the question, a thought came to him. What good could he do? Nina wasn't really strong at all, and neither was he. He would just end up getting in the way.

“Star, heal up Cross and send him out for backup. Rosalina, David, you two need to get out of here,” Kaleb said. “I can fight it off long enough for you to escape.”

“But I wanna help!” David said. Kaleb shook his head, and David sighed, returning Kukri and Sorrel and running off. Gible ran off into the forest after him. Pangoro and Torterra were distracting the Milotic, trying to entice her in their plan. Charizard watched from above, shooting flames at the ground with Blast Burn, scorching the nearby terrain.

Star nodded at Kaleb and restored the HP of his Sceptile"Akki if I didn't think you could beat this thing I wouldn't leave you out here to battle" he grinned smugly, thanks to the set up the milotic built, he was ready for heavy damage"Thunder!!"he yelled, the pachirisu sparked with electricity before discharging it into the rain clouds created with rain dance, a massive bolt of electricity shot onto the sea serpent shocking it greatly and paralyzing it once again"thanks to the water from the lake, the rain and the dampness of the mist, your just making the whole lake an electric field for me to trigger"he said strongly before returning akki and releasing Cross again"let's take care of this rain now that it's gone it's job, sunny day!"cross shot a large read ball up into the air which exploded into a bright light that eliminated the rain"now solar beam!" The sceptile charged up and quickly shot a large beam of light at the milotic"nice work!"

Felica watch with wide eyes, then she released a shrill screamed in frustration. She shot to her feet and mounted Karina with all the haste of a speeding Rapidash. "KALE, RUN!" She took off into the forest at top speed, fully aware that those trainers may have just provoked a calamity. Attacking the lake was a brilliant idea, or so it would appear, however, who said the Milotic was the only Pokemon living in the lake?
. . .
As arcs of electricity races across the lake's surface and up the Milotic's body, she threw her head back in agony. The subsequence solar beam landed a direct hit and she went careening into the lake. Her limp body floated on the surface of the lake, she wasn't taken out but that jolt of electricity had launched all her muscles into rebellion. She was not, however, defenseless. The Aqua ring still hummed about her restoring her wounds and the wicked bolt of thunder that had slammed into the lake had filled its entirety. The galvanized lake seethed as if it had just been injected with liquid thunder -which in a sense it had. The cries of the Pokemon echoed out like a rumble of thunder as the water surface was torn asunder by the emerging, and enraged Pokemon. The looming silhouettes revealed themselves to be other Milotic, Gyarados, Huntail and Gorebyss. Beneath the serpentine pokemon were the heads of Whiscash, Lumineon, Luvdisc, Octillery, Vaporeon, Basculin, Golduck, and Relicanth to name a few. Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Poliwrath, Politoad, Slowbro, and Seismitoads lept from the water, landing on the shore. The scenario instantly turned from the trainers ganging up on the Milotic to them being hopelessly outnumbered by a swarmed of livid water-types.

Chaos instantly erupted! Under the condemning cries of Pokemon, a light-show of Hyper-beams were launched from the group of Gyarados, accompanying it was the swelling waters of the lake under the combined Surf of a school of Finneon, Lumineon, and Luvdisc. A group of Poliwrath charged forwards throwing Dynamic Punches, Poliwhirls croaked out Hyper Voice in synchrony and Politoads launched a lulling shower of Hypnosis. Unfortunately for the trainers, the slew of attacks was but a fraction of the water-type's wrath. Hydro-Pumps, Mud Bombs, Psychics, Ice Beams, Bubblebeams, Octazookas ...

If it was a move water type could learn, then you could probably find it whistling through the air towards the group of trainers. The aquatic Pokemon displayed the primordial wrath known only to the oceans in a devastating display that even legendary Pokemon could only avoid.

"Light screen!" Roslina shouted as the onslaught of attacks rushed through the air "We have to get out of here!" she yelled ducking as an ice beam flew over her head. Faye rushed to put up the light screen, the bug type pokemon flew back to its trainer and thrilled "I know, come on!" she told her partner as she rushed to run into the forest.

Kaleb withdrew Torterra and Pangoro as he saw the mass of Pokémon jump out of the lake. “I think that’s our cue to leave!” he called out to Rosalina and Star. He hopped on Charizard and flew towards the forest, hoping there wouldn’t be another guardian there. Much to his misfortune, there was a guardian for every biome in the region, and one of those biomes was the forest...

Star returned his Pokemon and began to run"that Pokemon was almost finished, so much for building a base near the lake"he ran since he had no Pokemon that he could use to escape the water types, he ran into the forest until he was in the middle of a small clearing"phew, I hope Rosa and the others made it out okay, and hopefully we can find each other"he fell to the ground exhausted from the miraculous event that he just witnessed

When the lake seemed to erupt with water type Pokemon, Kale's first instinct was to return Nina back to her Pokeball. Although he reacted quickly, as Kale ran after Felicia a Surf attack hit him from behind, slamming him hard into a tree. The boy groaned, sliding to the ground and facing the lake again. An angry Octillery took notice of Kale, and launched a powerful Octazooka attack at him. Kale barely managed to duck out of the way, and quickly ran away from the chaos and after Felicia, ignoring the pain in his side.

Karina flittered through the thistle of branches and leafy fans, she was a sleek shadow as her powerful limbs propeller her across the forest floor. Huddled atop her back was her trainer. Hunched over, with fistfuls of Karina's fur sticking out between her fingers, Felicia clung onto her ride for dear life- both literally and figuratively. Although they'd been forced to beat a hasty retreat the trainer still had the presence of mind to follow a landmark instead of possibly getting lost in the forest. On her left, the river that fed into the Milotic's lake streamed peacefully, in sharp contrast the watery-hell of the lake. Having fled until the lake was no longer in sight, she signaled Karina to stop with a few calming strokes of her hand. As the bleached-white Pokemon came to a halt, Felicia dismounted, her legs wobbling unsteadily from a combination of nerves and adrenaline. She slid to the floor, her back sinking into the Absol's fur. 'I need to be more careful around the other explorers, lest they provoke another calamity and drag me down with them.' She wasn't exactly sure how the others had handled the situation, but she'd assumed the wiser among them would've fled and the more foolish were already fish food.

Kale ran as fast as he could, putting as much distance between himself and the lake as possible. He was splattered with ink from the near miss of the Octazooka attack, and his side hurt with each breath he took. He had lost sight of Felicia, not suprising as she was riding her Absol. He slowed to a walk, holding his side and catching his breath. That... Was scary... Kale thought. Maybe I shouldn't have joined this expedition...
A few moments later, Kale pushed aside a bush to find Felicia laying on her Absol next to a river. He staggered over and sat down against a nearby tree.
"You okay?" Kale asked Felicia.