• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Region of Stars

The tune came to a sudden halt when the Pichu was questioned, as he bolted away from the Garvantula soon after getting a brief glimpse of her size. The Sceptile’s roar was already more than enough to send the Pichu making a break for the deeper area of the forest. He hid behind a modest sized rock that was more than big enough to hide a Pokémon his size. He played a tune of warning in hopes that the other Pokémon would heed his signal.

Kale and Nina stepped out of the cave, and looked at the beautiful forest around them.
"Whoa..." Kale said. Viridian Forest and Pinwheel Forest had nothing on this place. It seemed to be calmer here. There wasn't a constant buzzing of insects, and the temperature wasn't scorching hot like it sometimes got in the summers in Viridian. He was so struck by the beauty of the forest that he didn't notice the two trainers nearby.
While Kale was oggling the forest, Nina snuck off from her trainer. Moving into the bushes, she began to dig a small hole, not noticing the nearby Galvantula.

Arachne rolled her eyes before stepping out closer to the trainers with a hiss causing Faye to thrill. Rosalina turned her head when she heard Faye, with a small gasp she took a step back, Arachne took this chance to attack, she summoned a ball of electricity before tosing it at the Vivillion. "Faye, light screen!" she called out, her partner reacted by summoning the light colored shield causing the electro ball to bounce off it and explode in the air.

The Pichu screamed the moment when he heard an explosion, as a wave of electricity was swiftly discharged soon after. A few whimpers soon followed when he was startled from the electricity coming out of his body, as he ran into another large bush and brushed off the tears that were starting to form on his somewhat watery eyes. He clutched onto his flute while hoping the leafy robe would further conceal his presence in conjunction with the bush he was in.

David had snuck into the forest when he noticed a bush sparking with electricity, and he heard little squeaking noises coming from inside. He peered inside the bush and saw the little Pichu inside it. He started to reach for Kukri’s Ball, but decided not to halfway there. He backed away from the bush a few steps, only to bump right into Arachne’s leg.

Meanwhile, a Gible heard the flute’s tune. He saw the humans from above, but unlike the other Pokémon on the island, was not provoked by their presence. He looked down at the scene. “Gib...” he muttered to himself, seeing the Galvantula. He noticed a trainer bump into it and suddenly jumped down off the cliff he was standing on before running towards the scene.

Arachne stumbled as the trainer bumped into her, she stumbled to the side turning her body to see who bumped into her. She hissed as she saw the human as she backed up. Summoning another electro ball she sent it off at the new trainer "Faye, light screen!" Rosalina called out. Another explosion could be heard as the ball of electricity bounced off it and exploded in the air.

David backed up in fear and hid behind a tree before sending out Kukri. His Axew used Dual Chop, aiming for Arachne, when a new Pokémon appeared in the battle. Gible landed on the ground right in front of Arachne. He used Dragon Rage on the nearby trees, knocking them over and kicking up dust. He added to the smokescreen by using Sandstorm, causing the area to be covered in dust.

David dialed his contact’s number. “Send backup. This place is crazier than we thought.” He put the phone back in his pocket before unclipping a Pokeball from his belt. He tried to throw it towards Arachne, trying to keep her from causing any damage to the other Pokémon, but the thick sand completely threw off his aim, and the ball instead soared towards a tree. Gible used Dragon Rage, this time on the ground, and pieces of debris flew everywhere. Kukri used Assurance, aiming for Arachne.

The spider pokemon hissed out looking at the Gible before spitting out an electro web at the Axew to try and slow it down.

Rosalina huffed, she looked around "Gust!" she called out. Faye thrilled, flying up and flapping her wings harder to clear the area of the sand and dust.

Gible ran away from the battle as quickly as he could when he saw his chance. David withdrew Kukri and did the same, running off towards another biome. He noticed something flying around in the sky. He squinted and saw somebody familiar flying on the back of a Charizard. He smiled as he kept running to make sure Arachne wouldn’t come after him.

Arachne crawled back into the forest, leaving without a trace.

Rosalina just sat there "what in the world just happened" she mumbled. Shaking her head she turned to face Star once more "Are you sure your okay Star?" she asked. Faye looked up, her wings flapped as she noticed the flying creature above "Vivill!" she called causing Rosalina to look at her "Whats wrong?".

The moment the Galvantula jumped out of the bushes, it was all Kale could do to not scream like a little girl. Instead, he had found himself running away as fast as he could, into the woods blindly. He could hear the explosions and see smoke from where the fight was taking place, and that motivated him to run faster. But before he was able to get far, Kale slammed face-first into a tree. After that. Kale decided to wait out the fight by hiding in a nearby bush and trying not to cry.
As for Nina, when the fight started, she found her trainer as quickly as she could and stuck by his side. After a few more explosions, the fight seemed to be over. Kale cautiously peeked out of the bush, looking to see if the Galvantula was still around. Nina did the same.

David pointed towards the two trainers, looking up at the one the the Charizard. He nodded and flew straight towards them, landing in a nearby tree. He withdrew Charizard and put the hood on his jacket up. He jumped out of the tree.

“I was sent here to help trainers who were in need,” he said. “I was reached out to by my friend, Jason, the emergency contact of another trainer on this island. What seems to be the problem?”

Roslina turned as she heard the new-comer speak "O-oh, uhm well everything seems to be fine now". Faye floated next to Rosalina, staring at the new-comer. The white-haired female looked around, she let out a sigh as she turned back to face him "R-really the pokemon seem to be gone now.".

“Forgive me for not introducing myself,” he said. “My name is Kaleb Storm. Now, what happened here? All Jason told me was that a group of Pokémon attacked some trainers.” He looked over at the bush that the Pichu was in. He pointed at the bush, and then looked at Rosalina and Star.

David walked out from behind a tree. “I realized that with everything going on, I never introduced myself either. David Grant.” He held his hand out in greeting. “Good to see you well, David,” Kaleb said. David simply smiled at him.

Rosalina looked at Davids' hand, her own hands clasped behind her as she looked down "Oh uh well n-nice to meet you". Her voice got quieter as she spoke, her bangs covered her face. The Vivillion landed on its trainers head, her wings covering its trainers head "Vivill".

Arachne watched from a distance, her eyes narrowed as she leaped up into a tree.

After seeing multiple trainers gather together, Kale decided that it was probably safe. He cautiously emerged from the bush, adjusting his backpack as Nina followed him.
"Is... Is the Galvantula gone?" Kale asked, careful to keep,his distance from the girl with the Vivillion.

Kaleb pulled down his hood as he looked back at the bush concealing the Pichu. “In there,” he said to Rosalina. He approached it slowly and looked inside, seeing the Pichu holding the flute. David followed him up to the bush, making no noise. Kaleb looked at the tiny baby Pokémon and noticed that it had tears running down his face. He backed away from the bush. “I think something is wrong with this Pichu. It may be injured.”

Rosalina watched as they got closer to the bush, her fingers fiddling with the others as she sighed. Her eyes glued to the ground once more as she hummed softly "It's our fault if its hurt."

Arachne watched as the humans closed in on the Pichu, she hissed and summoned another ball of electricity sending it the human's way.

Kaleb quickly sent out Torterra, who shielded the group with his own body. He was unscathed, since he was immune to Electric attacks, being part Ground type. He used Leaf Storm, sending it towards his attacker, and Kaleb sent out Charizard, who blasted a Flamethrower at Arachne as well. “Make sure you don’t hurt the Pichu,” Kaleb told his Pokémon. They both nodded.

Star looked at his bandaged hand and then back to Rosalina"Yep, I'll be fine, it got my jacket a little but I should be able to patch it up, other then that the Eevee didn't get me" Star sighed and looked around at the new trainers and grinned"heh, I thought this island was unexplored"he laughed trying to ignore everything that just happened despite the galvantula causing a lot of trouble"so Rosa, after this maybe we should get going if we're gonna get somewhere before night fall"he asked Rosalina,he was willing to allow anyone else to travel with them but felt that they should ask rather then him asking them if they wanted to travel,Cross was returned to his ball and put on Stars belt

Rosalina faced Star, she nodded slightly "Agreed, oh uhm thanks for everything David and Kaleb" she called out before walking off into the forest.

Arachne hissed, connecting a string of web to a tree beside her as she pulled herself out of the way. The spider pokemon released three pins from her back sending them at the attackers.

Star followed behind Rosalina as they walked into the forest"do you know anything about this island maybe from books or something like that,the Pokemon seem really aggressive here and Something feels strange "Star said clearing away leaves and bushes to make a path,after a little while of walking they stumbled upon a large sparkling lake"woah,this place is beautiful"Star said looking at his reflection in the water

"No, no books have been written about the island" she stated. Her eyes glanced at the water before she fell to the ground panting "wow, I must have used up more energy then I thought" she huffed. Faye worryingly flew around Rosalina "Vill, Vi, Vivill!".

Kaleb and David nodded at each other before Kaleb withdrew his Pokémon. They followed Rosalina and Star to the lake before ducking behind the trees. David walked out first, and looked out at the lake, seeing the swimming Water and Ice types.

"I'm exhausted from all of this as well"Star said splashing himself with water" This is going to be an insane trip, hopefully once we explore more of the island we'll no what to do"he said trying to assure himself and Rosalina,he released Cross once again to allow him to drink some of the water from the lake

Felicia slipped into a random life-boat, remaining, for the most part, unnoticeable. The boats cruised their way towards land and she, along with many other trainers, departed, embarking on their exploration. She watched in silence as a small group of trainers begun their exploration immediately, and only shook her head. They were rather impatient but that didn't matter. 'Anyone confident enough to explore a new region wouldn't rush off without food or supplies', or so she figured. Walking along the shoreline, Kari right behind her, she decided to scout out a good location for a temporary base. She'd be in this region for quite a while and although 'stargazing' was fun, she didn't fancy doing it every night. She'd prop up a small tent at first, and see if she could catch some useful pokemon and after which she could see about making a log-cabin of sorts. From their on she could explore the region at day and rest in the comfort of a home at nights. Plus, with a fixed point of reference, she'd be able to draw up a map, saving her a lot of time and effort. Though before all that, she still needed to pick out a spot.

Rosalina nodded softly before standing back up and looking out into the lake "do you have any supplies on you Star" she asked. A strong gust of wind blew past causing her to hold up her arms to get it out of her face. Her eyes closed as she sighed lowering her arms she sat down letting the breeze push her hair back.

"well,I don't have any medical supplies for us,but I'm stocked up on potions and such,I also have a ton of granola bars my mom packed, and some pokeballs, why do you ask"Star asked while digging through his backpack, Cross walked around the edge of the lake looking into the water trying to spot fish that he could possibly catch

Rosalina hummed softly "I just wanted to know". Her light colored eyes scanned the lake's water, she watched as some magikarp swam by. Tapping her fingers on the ground she turned her head to look at Star " It's getting late, we should set up camp".

"ok,ill I get some sticks and stuff to build a fire,I don't have a tent so I'll just sleep outside with Cross"Star said assuming Rosalina was more prepared then he was and bad a tent for herself"c'mon Cross let's go get some things for a fire, or you can Stay here and try to catch some fish"Star said before walking into the forest alone

Kaleb pointed at a tree. “No need for a tent,” he said, “when we can build a cabin. Or a treehouse. Which would you guys prefer?” David immediately said treehouse. Kukri ran up to a tree and started sawing it with his tiny tusks, causing his trainer to laugh. Meanwhile, Gible was watching them, but he felt the presence of something else nearby... something big...

"yah but it takes time to build a tree house so we can do it tomorrow"star replied to David's suggestion

Later star was walking through the forest carrying a pile of sticks and twigs when out of nowhere a squirrel like pokemon jumped on his head"ahh! Get it off"he yelled having his vision blocked by the pokemon's paws,he dropped the sticks and jerked around trying to get it off of his head"Pachi!!" It yelped,star stopped and calmed down once he heard the cry"phew, it's only a pachirisu"he sighed in relief,he gently pulled the pachirisu off his head which hurt with it grabbing on to his hair and held it with his hands"p...pachirisu"it said softly as it began to cry"uh uh please don't cry!"star nervously held the tearing up Pokemon"ugh, you look ok but if you want I can take you back to where I'm staying"he said not wanting to leave the little squirrel alone,it looked a little cheerier after hearing this,star held the Pokemon with one hand and picked up as many sticks he could carry with the other, he still had to get firewood. He had made his way back where he dropped the firewood near his friends and sat down exhausted, forgetting to tell them about the pachirisu,who was asleep in his arms

David walked into the forest to gather food. He saw a huge seed protruding from the ground. He pulled on the stem, but was flung backwards by an attack. The seed jumped out of the ground, revealing itself to be a Seedot! “Kukri, get over here!” David called to his partner. “Time for our first battle!” Kukri hopped in between his trainer and the wild Pokémon. “Dual Chop!”

Meanwhile, Kaleb sent out Pangoro, his main partner Pokémon. “It may take a while building it on our own, but it’ll be ten times faster with Pangoro,” he said. Kaleb pointed at a tree, and Pangoro punched it, knocking it over. “Lots of wood in no time at all. Did I mention he can also carry heavy loads?” Pangoro picked up the fallen tree with one hand and lugged it over his shoulder.

The white-haired female looked back, her eyes watching as they moved "Why would we build here... we are only here to explore" she mumbled. Her partner yawned, laying on top of her head as Rosalina stood up "I mean, we aren't going to stay here forever, why ruin the beautiful land". Picking up a small rock she turned around and skipped it across the pond, the small rocks sound echoed as it hit the water.

*yawn*"well rosa, we are here to explore, but we can't stay in a simple tent or sleep on the ground everyday, a tree house would be fun and it could be a base where we could put things that we've collected on the island"star said in a tired tone, Cross came back to the group with a handful of Magikarp and feebas that he had caught"nice job Cross, now what do we do with this little guy"star said looking at the pachirisu, the Pokemon woke up and stared at Star for about a minute before hugging him"pachi- Pachi!"it said happily"huh, why is it hugging me, what did I do to-"he stopped talking when he noticed a large gash on the pachirisu's back, still bleeding a little"woah!! That's why, you were running from something"star said before turning his head quickly to Rosalina"Rosa, do you have anymore bandages, we need to get him wrapped up"he said holding the poor squirrel pokemon

Kaleb nodded at what Star said about the treehouse. “He makes a good point,” he said to Rosalina. “And besides, we have no idea exactly how long we will be staying. I don’t think we would be comfortable sleeping in tents for three weeks straight.” Pangoro started to chop the tree he cut down into smaller pieces for the walls of the treehouse. Meanwhile, Kukri had landed a Dual Chop on the Seedot before attacking with Assurance. The Seedot flew back, but used Harden, boosting its stats. Kukri hit it with Dragon Rage, and David saw his chance. He threw the ball, and it soared through the air, hitting the Seedot on the top of the head. It shook one, twice, thrice, and clicked. David had caught Seedot!

(OOC: I apologize if I have not been on the RP for some time since I was quite busy today and the day before. I will also be having another character if the RP creator allows and I will be posting their bio in the discussion soon.)

BIC:

The Pichu was paralyzed with fear when the humans got close to him earlier, as he held onto his flute with a shaky grip. It was impossible for him to utter out even the faintest cry towards the nearby trainers. He continued to stay in the bush while static electricity started to build around his tiny body.

David walked back to the others, smiling as he held the Pokeball containing his new team member in one hand and the food he gathered in the other. He put the food down on his sleeping bag to keep it from getting dirty. “I also caught a new team member,” he said. “A Seedot. Now, what should I name you?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Kale decided that this forest was probably not the best place for him.
I definatly don't want to risk running into that Galvantula. Maybe there could be more... With a shudder, Kale decided to head towards the sound of crashing surf. Nina made sure to stick close to her trainer as he weaved his way through bushes and trees.
After a little while of walking, Kale emerged onto the beach. It was a beautiful, white sandy beach, with a few seashells scattering the coast. A few Krabbys crawled back and forth close to the water, and Kale couldn't help but to smile. This place was way different from back in Kanto. Nina darted out from behind Kale and began to dig a hole in the sand.
Looking down the beach, Kale realized that he wasn't alone. Another member of the expedition, a lady, was farther down the beach. Kale waved a greeting at her.

The beach wasn't exactly the best place to set up camp. She had no clue about the climate of this region, and a sudden high tide could drown her in her sleep...hypothetically speaking of course. The best course of action would be to find a river mouth of a river and follow that river inland. She'd have a source of fresh water and a very good landmark with which to draw her map.

While she scoured the horizon with her eyes, on the lookout for anything could be considered remotely useful, she noticed another of the explorers and trailing behind him was a Nidoran female. She arched an eyebrow as he waved in greeting, but eventually decided to wave back, what harm could it do?